Alistair

Well some people rolled high for initative
5 mafs and 2 Tp you say? well that makes 11 towns if basic math doesn't fail me, presumably one of the TPs is the dungeonmaster, just going by the role description.
as for the role reveals, I will have to think about, information and the power up are both to be considered, some classes are probably straight forward in what they do, i'd imagine the ranger is a tracker for example. (but yeah the opener states that vanilla is always town)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Aldo said:

...Ah. I've been bested.

And, talk about useless. My role's only purpose is to tell you all that there's 5 mafia and 2 third-parties. That's it. Although still better than Vanilla Townie ~

Unless there's something more to it, I guess that's it until I get Power-Up.

I have something in mind, about Vanilla Townies. Are they locked to be town? Then if so, we could try to reveall them to give them (probably) a new superpower or two. Unless the reveal boost doesn't work for them.

On 11/2/2019 at 6:13 PM, Alistair said:

In this set-up, roles aren't indicative of alignment. That's right, any role could be good or evil! It's all up to RNG. The only exceptions to this is are the Vanilla NPC, who is always Town,

If I understand it right Vanilla NPCs are all town

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Also yes, disclosing Vanilla NPC is the best choice we have right now. They are confirmed town anyways, and I'm pretty sure @Alistair wouldn't be evil enough to not give them any ability on a DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS SETUP AM I RIGHT ALISTAIR

[Reveal] Vanilla NPC

• Haha 7

@Bazaro

You will soon perish, foul beast. I will not allow such taint to linger in this world. No one shall suffer from indigestion due to evil pineapples. No one shall die because of your kind. I will exterminate you and banish you back to appleland or my name isn't BATMAN.

Everybody

We need a leader which is why you should elect my mayor today

So that I can lead us to victory and so that all the sausages belong to me, the rightful owner

Alright people this is what ALI is trying to tell us 

image.png.2f8e4a52216983e2fb02f195937eae13.png

Game start at d1. This is a closed set up. We will all be trapped in dungeons unless we bully blanket

So i SUGGEST we Lynch him today 

I wonder what role the second Third Party is though. Maybe they had to have rolled a specific alignment and role combination? Because Ali is a sneaky dm and no way that alignment roll didn't matter in some way. I have my eye on you Ali

[Reveal] Vanilla NPC

I agree with what has been said, I won't bother repeating it. 
[Reveal] Vanilla NPC

So let's make some guesses.
Barbarian: Maybe resistance to the wounded status (making it last for longer) or the ability to become wounded instead of insta dying. A berserker kind of ability that kills when killed would be a good fit too.
Bard: Could be anything, but the description points towards an ability that would alter investigation results. I dont know what else, I guess a case could be made for a penguin style ability but the description doesnt match a lot.
Cleric: If this isn't the doctor then I will be surprised. I'm at a loss for a secondary ability tho.
Druid: The description makes me think of a trapper/granny style of role, but I'm not very convinced.
Fighter: Starts with a weapon or armor maybe (?) or they are a vigilante style role but I'm not sure if there will be too much of that in this game since items are a thing and it's not like many of the other classes have less of an ability to kill.
Monk: Idk first level ability, but the second might be a powerful one if this description is anything to go off of. Maybe the ability to withstand an attack or lynch that would normally kill the monk (?)

Paladin: Maybe an alignment-based ability? It could be cop or even a variant vigilante.
Ranger: Tracker/watcher is a perfect fit. They might start with a bow. The sharing game part makes me think there's a support ability being hinted but I don't know what that would be.
Rogue: Thief is a perfect fit, I'll be surprised if they don't have the ability to steal items in some way. Maybe they are hard to track or investigate? There's also a strong case for a vigilante ability (again, which is why i doubt it a little, but who knows)
Sorcerer: A rng based ability? Doesn't sound like itll be too reliable but who knows. Casters have the opposite problem martial classes have, instead of all of them fitting into a single role (ahem vigilante) I feel like they could all go in a lot of different ways.
Warlock: Could go a lot of ways, but I'm thinking cool ability but strange wincon.
Wizard: Once again this could go in a lot of ways, and the description is a bit vague. Less powerful sorcerer but with more control? 
Blood Hunter: This is the one that sounds the most like a vigilante, but I'm still not sure. Maybe they just wound people.
Artificer: This one is obvious, the description says it all. I don't think they can hand out bows tho.

okay now that i can actually think, yeah revealing vanilla Town is a nobrainer, boosting no less than 3 garantied towns, is way to good to pass up
[reveal] Vanilla NPC
I was gonna speculate on what the various classes do, but Lia got ahead of me, most of it seems to match with my thoughts aswell, some information roles should be in there, at first glance paladin, rogue and ranger seem to be the go to roles for that.
The martial classes are probably, either just some variant of killing stuff or being hard to kill i think
and in agreement with Lia the mages can go a lot of ways not really to sure what could happen, here.
The main difference between Wizard and Sorc in normal D&D is that a sorc can just use whichever spell they know without having to to think what will need for the day, while Wizards have to choose which exact spell they will use on a day... so I am guessing the Wizard might have an ability that requires some (relatively) meticulus prepration, while the sorc has something either flexible or at least straightforward
Bard is a jack of all trades, so that can be just about everything, it can even be information of some sort (bardic lore)

Blood hunter, well if that doesn't hurt or kill stuff i don't know
Warlock: i have no idea tbh might be something flashy though
Monk: I never really understood monk as a whole so i don't see what this could be, i will refer to more expierienced D&D players here

5 mafia and 2 tp... That's a lot who's not town. I would normally suggest not to lynch, but I thinking we should lynch someone today. Well, see about that. As for reveals, I feel like Ali is going to be like lol you get nothing for trying to reveal town but the role list implies they could get something so who knows? Aldo, since you said all your role does is tell us how many non-town there are, do you want your role revealed? It might help you do something and the role equivalent of doc could protect you if it ends up being something good. Granted Aldo could be a mafia trying to get town credit by giving this info so what do you guys think.

For now, Reveal Vanilla NPC

4 hours ago, Aldo said:

In that case, I see but one path ahead of us.

[Reveal] Vanilla NPC

well there is a problem in that, the mafia will then know who are the power roles if the vanillas reveal.

Yeah that's how level up games like this work. Need to be careful which roles you reveal, or if we're too quick, Mafia will hunt them down. 

And since Mafia can be any role, we could also accidentally level up one of them. 

• Global Mods
20 minutes ago, Nano4 said:

also Ali should have had us roll for race along with class and alignment, but since he didn’t I say I’m a Tiefling

If that’s the case, I’ll be a Succubus. 😎

Lemme smash.

[reveal] Vanilla NPC.