Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Global Mods
Just now, darkwaters33 said:

how do i start the deino event? I read in the forum that you need to battle people in the underground bar, but I have  been battling people in that blackview bar forever and nothing has happened 

You need to battle five elite trainers, then talk to Judge to start the event. 

On 4/6/2017 at 3:26 AM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

5. Mightyenite at Fight Club. You already know about the Fight Club, but what you may or may not know is that if you speak to Amelia after defeating her at Cellia's Fight Club, she'll give you the Mightyenite. 

Adding to this, there's also an Aggronite in a house in the market (there was a guy standing before it) so grab that too.

On 14-4-2017 at 10:37 PM, FairFamily said:

you can only get the stone seller

ok tkx

EDIT: Ok now im a bit mad:

just killed of one of my most favorite characters in game (Nova), hope its worth it

but still, why have all those possebilities (srry for my english) to kill her and only 1 that saves her, or she dies in the ext ep or we reveal that aurora didnt kill nova so shiv would not hate her

Edited by dragonza11

Seems like it finally, unfortunately, died around here. Does anybody want to talk about their experiences playing through Desolation, as it's my favorite fangame after 4 versions. Seriously, I loved this game. And it's a shame I'll have to look to 2018 for version 5.

1 hour ago, Sceptilespy said:

Seems like it finally, unfortunately, died around here. Does anybody want to talk about their experiences playing through Desolation, as it's my favorite fangame after 4 versions. Seriously, I loved this game. And it's a shame I'll have to look to 2018 for version 5.

Spoiler

Well desolation to me was a game which I loved playing through. This game plays with my emotions in ways I have never experienced. When I made choice to give the stone to either shiv or nova I had to know what was in that room.

I also had a difficult time with the ending of E3. Oh that was a a completely new experience. E4's choice was a gain a really difficult one. The most disliked thing about this is that sometimes you get misinterpretated. For instance with aurora I choose the noble option and she started talking about heritage while I wasn't talking about that. The same is with the stone where Nova thinks I supported her while I believe her dream is impossible. I just didn't trust Shiv.

On top of that I love the options desolation gives I can get away with some cool teams that I wouldn't even consider playing in other fangames. Sun teams, teams with far more powerfull monsters,... . I only hope the difficulty stays somewhat relevant. The credit system was well thought as well limmitting in the options a player had. I don't like the concept of infinite credits to be honest. 

I'm quite happy with wating for how long it takes becaus the quality is just so high.

Just now, FairFamily said:
  Hide contents

Well desolation to me was a game which I loved playing through. This game plays with my emotions in ways I have never experienced. When I made choice to give the stone to either shiv or nova I had to know what was in that room.

I also had a difficult time with the ending of E3. Oh that was a a completely new experience. E4's choice was a gain a really difficult one. The most disliked thing about this is that sometimes you get misinterpretated. For instance with aurora I choose the noble option and she started talking about heritage while I wasn't talking about that. The same is with the stone where Nova thinks I supported her while I believe her dream is impossible. I just didn't trust Shiv.

On top of that I love the options desolation gives I can get away with some cool teams that I wouldn't even consider playing in other fangames. Sun teams, teams with far more powerfull monsters,... . I only hope the difficulty stays somewhat relevant. The credit system was well thought as well limmitting in the options a player had. I don't like the concept of infinite credits to be honest. 

I'm quite happy with wating for how long it takes becaus the quality is just so high.

There are spoilers in my response btw so be wary: TL;DR: I loved the game for everything it offers and can't wait for E5.

Spoiler

I don't think I could put it any better. I loved Desolation. I love the choice based gameplay. I love how Desolation isn't to picky with the Pokémon it gives you. It was crazy seeing how choices effected the gameplay and dialogue my second playthrough around. You could basically join Team Crescent and then betray them. You can save Scarlett without having to get the bow. The music blew me away. The creativity was astounding. I have so many thoughts about the game I can't put into text.

All I know, is that I can't wait for E5.

On 21 april 2017 at 2:40 AM, Sceptilespy said:

Wait wait wait, what do you mean by 'it died' ?

It was the best pokemon game so far....not missing in anything...sad to wait for 2018 but I will.

13 hours ago, BRS swag said:

It was the best pokemon game so far....not missing in anything...sad to wait for 2018 but I will.

After Rejuvenation V9 comes out, I'm gonna take a nice long break from the forums for a while. Then I hope that when I come back, I can look forward to Desolation V5.

Okay so Idk if this has been asked but is there anywhere that I shouldn't open up the newest version and also will beating the electric leader (forgot her name) be easier cause I stopped playing after failing to beat her so many times and it was just giving me a headache.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:06 PM, ShadeStrider said:

After Rejuvenation V9 comes out, I'm gonna take a nice long break from the forums for a while. Then I hope that when I come back, I can look forward to Desolation V5.

why are you taking a break from the forums just curious

also I don't think its dead at all its just that sometimes people don't have stuff to say about the game I personally liked the v4 ending I was speechless

Edited by nepeta100

2 hours ago, Sasuke10001 said:

Okay so Idk if this has been asked but is there anywhere that I shouldn't open up the newest version and also will beating the electric leader (forgot her name) be easier cause I stopped playing after failing to beat her so many times and it was just giving me a headache.

I don't think there's anywhere you shouldn't load up the newest version. Oh and also, all I can say about Emily is that it's a stupid battle. It's not hard. It's not a challenge. It's freaking stupid. Her Pokémon are to fast and hit to hard with the electric terrain up. There is literally no reason for her to have Jolteon AND Manectric on the same team, but the combined speed and power was to much to resist for a gym battle. Not to mention the Manectric is Mega! So if you didn't choose choice scarf when you beat all the ranger quests in Addenfall, then you're royally screwed. And It's not like her team is frail. She has Rotom and Elektross. Both of which just happen to have levitate. Fortunately, Rotom is easy to deal with via grass type. Right? Wrong. It'll simply volt switch out into something that can take it on, enter, AV Elektross. Who will take 0 from your hits and deal 8,000,000 in return. Emily is the most poorly designed battle in the game after Tristan. And the ONLY reason Tristan takes the cake is Mega freaking Lopunny.

First spoiler is a mini Tristan rant, and the second spoiler is help with the Emily fight. The third one is a gym leader rant.

Spoiler

I love this game with my hearts content, but it's because I love this game so much I'm able to criticize it this harshly. In what world is giving the third gym leader an overpowered Mega Pokémon ok. At that point in the game, Lopunny has N O T H I N G, that can take it on. And if Lopunny doesn't maul your team, Staraptor and Helioptile will with their speed and coverage. But that's all assuming Boomburst Exploud didn't already finish you. That battle is THE WORST in the game. And I doubt anything can or will top that. You literally have to hope you can cheese your way through that fight with Rock Smash. I hate that fight, and it's things like that, that ruin the game.

Spoiler

the best I can say is, get 4 Golems and have a grass type and some other mon for damage and beat her team down like that. Rock blast Galvantula with first Golem. Switch out and take on Electivire with another Golem. Rotom or Manectric will likely come in, so if Rotom comes in, send in your grass type, and if Manectric comes in, send out your mon for damage (preferably flying type to bait thunderbolt ,and waste intimidate) and switch it out instantly to golem and then kill manectric with earthquake. Maul Jolteon with your final Golem, and at that point, if everything has gone well, none of your Pokémon should be dead, and it's simply a brawl between your whole team against Elektross, assuming the Grass type was successfully able to take out Rotom. And what you do here is to avoid being giga drained, is you explode right in that Elektross' face and that will do a clean 75%. You do this with every Golem until Elektross is dead. Then you've won and you can move on to Cellia.

Spoiler

Ok. So Desolation's main selling point is choice based gameplay and the ability to replay this over and over and get a different result each time, right? So why the hell would you make replaying this game so difficult. NOBODY wants to replay this game for those terrifyingly hard Gym Leaders. These Gym fights are designed SO badly and the only one that is balanced and is an actual legitimate challenge is Aderyn. It's these fights that will spoil the player's want to replay the game. And potentially spoil the reputation of your game, pun intended. So if you're reading this, it might be a bit harsh, but bear with me. Number one, Connor. I know you've heard it all about him. But please understand, Connor is an unfair boss fight. People go into your game except a challenge. Not an unfair fight. First off, Vulpix and drought. Because of drought, you can't KO the b*tch fast enough and it gets it's burning field up, which is where s*it REALLY hits the fan. And if you do KO Vulpix fast enough somehow, drought is still up! Connor's pokemon will swoop in and pick off your team one by one. And it's so unfair because it's the beginning of the game and nobody is prepared for this. You can't BE prepared for this. You have a limited selection of Pokémon. Connor has all these Pokémon from all over the world, EV trained, with items, and hidden abilities. Like realistically, how was this ever ok. Now, the fight should be hard, because most people go to games like yours knowing there will be a challenge and being ready to face that. But Vulpix takes this fight to another level. TL;DR get rid of Vulpix and that will do a whole lot for this fight. Anyways, next one, Aderyn. I have no real qualms with this one. Maybe that's because I've only had good experiences with it. Anyways, moving on. Oh boy. Oh boy. TRISTAN. MOTHER FFING TRISTAN. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. WHAT WERE YOU  T H I N K I N G  Caz? A mega evolution at the third gym? Have you seen Lopunny's stats? Combined with his already fearsome team with a whopping ONE weakness, which makes it easy to cover for, Tristan is easily the worst fight in an RPG maker Pokémon Game since Pre-supernerf Charlotte (Reborn's fire gym leader). And she didn't have a mega evolution. I can't fit it all into one paragraph or essay on how bad Tristan is, but my main problems have been stated in the mini Tristan rant. Anyways, Emily was covered in my Emily rant above. Now lets get to Rosetta. Now, when I said the leaders were to hard, that did not mean make them easy. And, I get it, on paper, this is a pretty tough fight. But have you ever stopped to consider, just how much you've given us to STOMP Rosetta? Gengar, Scizor, Weezing (Lv 54! Already ready to go into the fight!), Muk (Same deal with Weezing), Aggron, Toxicroak, Vileplume, and Magnezone or Magneton. It's perfectly fine to provide counters for gym fights, but when a Gym Leader has THIS many counters, it's not fair for the gym leader. If you actually took a minute to get 6 of the selected Pokémon I choose just now, it would be harder to catch get one of them, then it would to face Rosetta and slam her. Rosetta is to EASY. Not to mention, you gave us a choice scarf. And when you give players unlimited credits as well. It means you kill Klefki and sweep with any mon that beats fairy that has some speed and can run choice scarf. (Ex. Sheer force Poison jab Choice scarf Nidoking). Also, don't let me get started on the scizor. I'm happy you're not picky with the Pokémon you give us, and it lets me use REALLY cool teams which I'm so freaking thankful for. But to much of something is not good. In any case, don't get rid of the mons. Axe Metal coat and BUFF the HELL outta Rosetta. Coverage and everything. She deserves it after how you did her so wrong. TL;DR assemble a team to help you with stuff like this. Please.

response

conner he said gave us more early options with poliwag i think but yeah its still pretty bad

aederyn hard but I wasn't too mad

Tristan suoer hard I agree with you a lot in that regard

Emily i was oveall less frustrated than you

rosetta yeah it was relatively easy

he has said he was nerfing metal coat

Funnily enough I don't think the gym leaders are that bad, I'm more annoyed by the difficulty spikes they represent. Basically you fight all these scrubs with bad moves and then comes the boss battle (including gym leader) and suddenly you face a team with good moves, good items and a mega evolution. Very big shift in difficulty.

Connor is probably the most unfair one, opening with a very powerfull lead connor can set the field to a blazing inferno quite easily. To get past him you require specific counters. Mind you I got past him with a mono-poison team which is basically a team of bug, grass and dry skin.

Aderyn is actually the most balanced out of them all. Not requiring specific counters and having a decent power level aderyn can present quite a challenge without being overly frustrating.

Ok my experiences with Tristan are not that bad since I can setup against before that loppuny shows up and wreck it. The fact that it can u-turn into loppuny really helps in that regard. I can understand why he is so difficult because it is the first mega pokemon in the game revealed.

Emily is a simple continuation from tristand and therefor you can prepare for it better.

Ok now comes rosetta the easiest gym leader in the game so far. The game is simply filled with counters against her: scizor, ferrothorn, magneton ,ninetales , weezing, nidoking, gengar, ... , sludge bomb, flash cannon,  ... . You are also familiar with the field and can abuse it yourself with trhe fairy type you get from Boss.

So all in all I think that the gym leaders really make the difficulty fluctuate a bit too much.

1 hour ago, darkwaters33 said:

Is it possible to mega evolve in v4 cause there is no mega ring? Or are we just collecting stones for later versions?

No, it´s impossible right now. 

So i just checked the obtainable list again and found out that we have access to the ferrothorn line.

Can someone please tell me where it's located ?

It would be really helpful, because i don't think my manectric can handle the future water gym on it's own.

Thank you in advance.