Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Is the TM for focus blast and thunderbolt in the game?

Nope, but you can get Bulk Up and Calm Mind, which is remarkably generous for a game with this sort of difficulty.

Actually, Desolation in general is actually very generous with its rewards, but then again, I found all of the gym leaders in Desolation to be far harder than in Reborn/Rejuvenation thus far.

Actually, Desolation in general is actually very generous with its rewards, but then again, I found all of the gym leaders in Desolation to be far harder than in Reborn/Rejuvenation thus far.

I feel the same; I got stuck on a few leaders in Reborn and Rejuvenation and had to level a few new Pokemon, but the gyms here seemed much easier.

Edited by Dypatome

• Developers

Nope, but you can get Bulk Up and Calm Mind, which is remarkably generous for a game with this sort of difficulty.

Well, we can always change that.

On another note: Where is a Moonstone?? I need one for my shiny Nidorino.

As of now, the only way to obtain a moonstone is to steal it from a Lunatone using Thief, or to capture a lunatone and take it. I believe you can find them in Bronze Mountain

Hmm, looking earlier in the thread, someone mentioned a bug with Ability Capsules not swapping a Scoliopede's ability to Speed Boost. I decided to go train up a Carvanha in my Hoenn-only playthrough (since I'd fly way past the level cap for the next chapter doing Fight Club battles without training another sub), and it seems Ability Capsules won't swap them from Rough Skin to Speed Boost either. It just remains as Rough Skin.

(I wasted an Ability Capsule and saved before I realized this... But oh well, I still have another sitting around and I likely won't be using it anytime soon.)

Oh, I'd also like to suggest putting a PC somewhere on the Fight Club grounds too, so you don't have to run all the way back to the Pokemon Center if you're using the Fight Club to train.

Edited by Alilatias
  • Upvote 1

I've got a question regarding a certain someone; I'd see it on YouTube if I could, but there isn't a video containing it so: (warning, plot spoiler ahead)

Really, don't click the next spoiler unless you've been through Silver Forest and/or you don't mind spoilers

So when it came time to choose a side between Nova and Shiv, I chose Nova. That being said, after I made it through Silver Forest and went into the cave, Nova appeared after I blacked out. Here's the question:

Doesn't she tell the character to meet Baron in Blackview City? I could've sworn that she said something about her convincing Baron that you were on their side and you are to meet him somewhere in the city, yet even after completing the episode, I can't find him. Am I remembering it wrong, or is he somewhere I haven't looked?

Edit: Spelling Errors & Name Change

Edited by Dypatome

• Global Mods

I've got a question regarding a certain someone; I'd see it on YouTube if I could, but there isn't a video containing it so: (warning, plot spoiler ahead)

Really, don't click the next spoiler unless you've been through Silver Forest and/or you don't mind spoilers

So when it came time to choose a side between Ava and Shiv, I chose Ava. That being said, after I made it through Silver Forest and went into the cave, Ava appeared after I blacked out. Here's the question:

Doesn't she tell the character to meet Baron in Blackview City? I could've sworn that she said something about her convincing Baron that you were on their side and you are to meet him somewhere in the city, yet even after completing the episode, I can't find him. Am I remembering it wrong, or is he somewhere I haven't looked?

Edit: Spelling Errors

The first time you said Ava did you mean Nova? The choice is between Nova and Shiv. About meeting Baron, that's not something you do. He appears there as part of story progression, but not under the circumstances of you meeting him under Nova's orders.

The first time you said Ava did you mean Nova? The choice is between Nova and Shiv. About meeting Baron, that's not something you do. He appears there as part of story progression, but not under the circumstances of you meeting him under Nova's orders.

Yes, thank you, I meant Nova. And thanks for responding; I remember looking for him before the whole "the city's burning to the ground" but I wasn't sure if you were meant to find him or not.

Be glad he doesn't have the Snorlax... It'd be harder

Any tips? I have a Primeape and a Banette. >< Its his stupid

Heliolisk

and

Mega Lopunny

that give me issues. Can I catch a Drilbur anywhere? Excadrill would help immensely.

Edited by OpalWardMusicFan

Heliolisk

and

Mega Lopunny

that give me issues. Can I catch a Drilbur anywhere? Excadrill would help immensely.

I can't really say much that would apply to you. At the beginning of the game I chose Pancham as my starter, which was a massive help for this fight now that I've evolved him. To deal with the Heliosk I had chosen Mudkip, made it a Swampert, and Earthquake took care of that.

I don't recall running into Drilbur anywhere; sorry I can't be of much help to you. I recommend watching this video and seeing if that'll help you at all.

Heliolisk

and

Mega Lopunny

Personally, I outsped and killed it with Flame Charge Delphox. I used potions as necessary to keep it healthy and supported it with a few things like Toxicroak and Krookodile to handle the likes of Porygon2 and Snorlax, but other than that, Delphox sweeps.