Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Developers

i was thinking more along the lines of actual scenario thinking through the game trainers and their minds rather than a logical overlook

Oh, whoops, I see.

Yes, your reputation will certainly affect what other clubs think of you. As it increases other trainers will begin to look at you differently. That's all I can really say without giving too much away.

*hits their head with their scythe* I still think I came across unclear, not too concerned if it is factual could just be a joke such as some fans making a Cult about you or certain members thinking you are some sort of God

• Developers

*hits their head with their scythe* I still think I came across unclear, not too concerned if it is factual could just be a joke such as some fans making a Cult about you or certain members thinking you are some sort of God

Oh, whoops, I see.

Yes, your reputation will certainly affect what other clubs think of you. As it increases other trainers will begin to look at you differently. That's all I can really say without giving too much away.

Wait and see. ~

• Developers

Some stuff I need to address

Thanks to all those who applied to be a beta tester. I'm working my hardest to get all the features put into the game so I can get the test started. I'll message testers with the beta when it's ready.

Also there's something I need to address. There's quite a lot of positive and thoughtful feedback that goes through this thread and I generally don't address it. This is to minimize the clutter on my thread until I feel like making sub threads. Those of you who leave kind words about the game, thank you, you're the real MVP's, it's your words that inspire me to work harder on Desolation. Those of you who leave constructive feedback, without you I wouldn't have improved the game this much. Soppy time is over, back to work.

Also, something I have been asked quite regularly, no Desolation does not have a Dev Team. I work on Desolation alone. Occasionally I get some help with some sprites whenever better spriters than myself offer it. Asides from this, I am the lone developer of Desolation and it will always be this way.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 8

*extended guitar riff*

ONE DEV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *more guitar*

no but seriously this game is so cool and does so many new things (reputation, credits, NON-STANDARD STARTERS) that it's honestly my favorite reborn kid. Thank you so much for making it!

Some stuff I need to address

Thanks to all those who applied to be a beta tester. I'm working my hardest to get all the features put into the game so I can get the test started. I'll message testers with the beta when it's ready.

Also there's something I need to address. There's quite a lot of positive and thoughtful feedback that goes through this thread and I generally don't address it. This is to minimize the clutter on my thread until I feel like making sub threads. Those of you who leave kind words about the game, thank you, you're the real MVP's, it's your words that inspire me to work harder on Desolation. Those of you who leave constructive feedback, without you I wouldn't have improved the game this much. Soppy time is over, back to work.

Also, something I have been asked quite regularly, no Desolation does not have a Dev Team. I work on Desolation alone. Occasionally I get some help with some sprites whenever better spriters than myself offer it. Asides from this, I am the lone developer of Desolation and it will always be this way.

• Developers

He lies :P The Dev Team for Desolation consist of 3 people (I wonder if anyone will actually know this....I think they SHOULD but who knows meh we will see)

It seems like you know more than me, friend. Seriously though where and who are they I wouldn't mind some help right now.

Edited by Caz

• Developers

There were three Hobbit movies, and one of them was called Desolation of Smaug? That's the best I've got.

If this is the answer, then the game may be scrapped. Why? The dev will be found dead from repeatedly slamming his head on his desk.

• Developers

Caz is just adding new suggested features in, and then beta testing will start.

This is taking longer than I'd like, unfortunately. I'm working a 9 to 5 job these holidays, getting home at 6:30 then got schoolwork to catch up on. I don't have any time to work on Desolation, which is actually really frustrating for me. Bear with me guys.

I'm still at the foresty area (where Connor's gonna cut down the tree to make a passage, but I'm grinding and looking for a Lotad because I love those things), but I just wanted to drop by and say that so far I love where the game's going! I love how the starter pokemon balls are all scattered around the island and it's super refreshing that they're not the usual fire/grass/water types. Also Connor feels like a total tsundere. I'll probably come back and edit this post when I progress further into the game.

Also can I just say that the splash screen (?) creeps me right the hell out. So. Thanks for that too.

Edit: Crappy crap, I'm super psyched. Trying to evolve my poochyena now for Connor so I'm taking a break from grinding. It got seriously intense, the increasing sense of foreboding as I ventured further through the forest and into the underground village and talked to more and more villagers and the initial worship of Kulki in the first few I came across at the beach seemed to insidiously transform into something far more suspicious. LOVED IT. Also I seriously like Connor so far. He's my favorite character right now. (kind of have a crush on him but shhh) Gonna try to beat him soon.

Edited by jodieee

I'm still at the foresty area (where Connor's gonna cut down the tree to make a passage, but I'm grinding and looking for a Lotad because I love those things), but I just wanted to drop by and say that so far I love where the game's going! I love how the starter pokemon balls are all scattered around the island and it's super refreshing that they're not the usual fire/grass/water types. Also Connor feels like a total tsundere. I'll probably come back and edit this post when I progress further into the game.

Also can I just say that the splash screen (?) creeps me right the hell out. So. Thanks for that too.

you got alot to edit then

this is a really good game

• Developers

So, I've just gotta ask, why are there balloons (or something?) on the left side of the entrance to Celeste City?? What are they doing there? Are they even balloons??

Mapped that area on October 31st last year, was feeling a little festive. Don't ask why I remember useless information like that.

• Developers

Maybe add in a subtle 4/20 reference to the new area *wink *wink *nudge *nudge

No.

Well... maybe no.

Happy 1000 posts. I'd just like to thank my dog, my potato laptop, Donald Trump and of course the community here <3

Oh by the way Caz, I really like nova's sprite, although i do believe it could use a little touch-up -not that i know how to help with that, just saying-. I wanted to ask you a question. Nova's battle theme will always be the same as Shiv's or will it be different as we progress? Also, something i wanted to ask about her title. When you fight her at the graveyard she goes by the title meteor head Nova or something. Is that incorrect or meant to mean something about her personality?