Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

i have a idea for something you could put in its a bit late for episode 3 but you can put it in to episode 4 im not sure if its been suggested either

add a tab or a window that shows your rep with each person that had a reputation attached to them new ones can be added as you meet them.

with the window you can be reminded of past decisions you have made this goes back to what caz said about the ending you get from the new episode is determined by choices already made

Edited by sandy

• Developers

i have a idea for something you could put in its a bit late for episode 3 but you can put it in to episode 4 im not sure if its been suggested either

add a tab or a window that shows your rep with each person that had a reputation attached to them new ones can be added as you meet them.

with the window you can be reminded of past decisions you have made this goes back to what caz said about the ending you get from the new episode is determined by choices already made

I've actually always wanted to do this. There is one problem, though. I about as good at scripting as a twelve year old COD player who threatens to DDOS you.. Maybe a little better. Still, I'd need some help with that. Edited by Caz

So after a long while of idleness i came back to the reborn forums just to find myself among decisions. Dam you Caz making me play on multiple save files just so i can experience all sides of the game... Seriously speaking tho, i'm really looking forward to all of the content of V3. Welp, time to start that new save file, shall we?

Edited by timbla

I know once Taillow replaces Starly as the mega rare bird at the start of the game, I'm going to do a Hoenn-only run. Should be quite fun.

I would hope Taillow's encounter rate would be higher than Starly's though, if only slightly... It took me an hour to find Starly the first time around.

Edited by Alilatias

• Developers

I know once Taillow replaces Starly as the mega rare bird at the start of the game, I'm going to do a Hoenn-only run. Should be quite fun.

I would hope Taillow's encounter rate would be higher than Starly's though, if only slightly... It took me an hour to find Starly the first time around.

Taillow's encounter rate is slightly increased compared to what Starly's was.

So, I'm doing a second run of the game to solve all of the puzzles (and be evil)

I'm at the braille cave and I've run into a problem (spoiler for people who haven't solved it yet)

I've gone around Center/NE/SW/SE/NW/NE and so on for about 4 or 5 repititions, but the message in the northwest corner stays the same. I think I'm doing something wrong, but I've got no idea what that is.

So, I'm doing a second run of the game to solve all of the puzzles (and be evil)

I'm at the braille cave and I've run into a problem (spoiler for people who haven't solved it yet)

I've gone around Center/NE/SW/SE/NW/NE and so on for about 4 or 5 repititions, but the message in the northwest corner stays the same. I think I'm doing something wrong, but I've got no idea what that is.

Click on the slabs in this order.

CENTRE
NORTHEAST
SOUTHWEST
SOUTHEAST
NORTHWEST
NORTHEAST
SOUTHWEST
SOUTHEAST
NORTHWEST
CENTRE
The second puzzle in the next room is a riddle. Talk to the four Bidoof from top to bottom that are on the left of the room, slightly seperated when you first enter.

• Developers

~Announcement~

So one feature I'm adding into Episode 3 is the beginning of Fight Clubs. Fight Clubs are exactly what they sound like in Desolation. Let me explain:

Imagine yourself walking down a dark alleyway in the cold rain, the glistening of water on the brick pathway and the light of the moon being your only guide while shady bystanders stare you down, an outsider. You step off the path to your right and find yourself in a fairly normal looking bar. The bartender pays minimal attention to you, just some lost kid, right? But you're not an innocent and lost kid. You point at the back door, the bartender looks up, surprised. He opens the backdoor revealing a set of stairs. You briskly make your way down the stairs and find yourself in a huge underground basement. The room is dark, besides the ring in the middle where you see trainers and their Pokemon fighting... brutally. The battle ends and the cheering is deafening, but you're not here to cheer. You walk up to the ring, put your credits on the table and step into the ring, it's your turn.

This was my general thought process when I developed this idea and I believe I've pulled off the final concept pretty well. There is one Fight Club in Episode 3, although it is relatively hidden. The idea is simple, you fight in an underground club to gain recognition and more importantly, a few credits. Fight Clubs will be very important in Cellia City, as it will be the best way to gain reputation in a district and in Cellia, recognition is everything.

Stay tuned for more updates!

• Upvote 9

• Veterans

~Announcement~

So one feature I'm adding into Episode 3 is the beginning of Fight Clubs. Fight Clubs are exactly what they sound like in Desolation. Let me explain:

Imagine yourself walking down a dark alleyway in the cold rain, the glistening of water on the brick pathway and the light of the moon being your only guide while shady bystanders stare you down, an outsider. You step off the path to your right and find yourself in a fairly normal looking bar. The bartender pays minimal attention to you, just some lost kid, right? But you're not an innocent and lost kid. You point at the back door, the bartender looks up, surprised. He opens the backdoor revealing a set of stairs. You briskly make your way down the stairs and find yourself in a huge underground basement. The room is dark, besides the ring in the middle where you see trainers and their Pokemon fighting... brutally. The battle ends and the cheering is deafening, but you're not here to cheer. You walk up to the ring, put your credits on the table and step into the ring, it's your turn.

This was my general thought process when I developed this idea and I believe I've pulled off the final concept pretty well. There is one Fight Club in Episode 3, although it is relatively hidden. The idea is simple, you fight in an underground club to gain recognition and more importantly, a few credits. Fight Clubs will be very important in Cellia City, as it will be the best way to gain reputation in a district and in Cellia, recognition is everything.

Neato idea, nice way of adding grinding methods without constantly resorting to the Audino breeders(though I believe they should still be an option. Options are good after all.)

Time to slam dunk those nerds, dat fight club is mah swamp BI

~Announcement~

this sounds very fun and intresting, bythe looks of things the next episode is very close

There better not be a cliche "first rule of fight club; no one talks about fight club rule" in it somewhere. Or at least not by the people who run it. It would be hilarious for some little kid who actually is lost to ask the rules of the fight club though. Cool idea though. Can't wait to see it in game!

• Developers

There better not be a cliche "first rule of fight club; no one talks about fight club rule" in it somewhere. Or at least not by the people who run it. It would be hilarious for some little kid who actually is lost to ask the rules of the fight club though. Cool idea though. Can't wait to see it in game!

... Well... damn.

I'd find it hilarious if the fight club cliche was spun a different way. As you win tougher battles in the fight club, you become so well known that the fight club becomes the worst kept secret in the game's universe. To the point where you have people with bruised egos stalking you outside of the club to challenge you in unofficial matches, to the surprise of nobody spectating.

• Developers

I'd find it hilarious if the fight club cliche was spun a different way. As you win tougher battles in the fight club, you become so well known that the fight club becomes the worst kept secret in the game's universe. To the point where you have people with bruised egos stalking you outside of the club to challenge you in unofficial matches, to the surprise of nobody spectating.

... Well... damn.

RIP surprises.

• Developers

So are there going to be balloon weapons in the next episode? ^_^

Maybe not too soon. Can't have the player having items that are too broken at the start.

We'll see.

• Developers

A little more on the Fight Club thing I mentioned a couple days ago, it will be split into sections, Standard and High Roller. Once you gain entry into the club, you won't be able to just jump into the well paying stuff straight away, you'll have to build up some reputation first doing standard battles. After you've gained enough Fight Club reputation you can advance into High Roller battles, where you earn Credits. Also, not all Fight Clubs will be easily available. Fight Clubs in the future may require you to have preexisting Fight Club reputation to enter. You're gonna have to start at the bottom. Episode 3 is almost ready!

• Upvote 5

if you had no defeats ever in fight club and 50 win streak at the toughest fight club what kinda rep would the fight club participants think of you as? like would be some sort of God to them or a Legend of sorts?

• Developers

if you had no defeats ever in fight club and 50 win streak at the toughest fight club what kinda rep would the fight club participants think of you as? like would be some sort of God to them or a Legend of sorts?

It's more of a grind procedure. I'd like to make it win/loss based, but that's too easy to exploit as players can just (and will) reset upon losing. When you win you will gain some reputation points towards fight clubs. The higher the rank of battle, the greater the amount of reputation points.

It's more of a grind procedure. I'd like to make it win/loss based, but that's too easy to exploit as players can just (and will) reset upon losing. When you win you will gain some reputation points towards fight clubs. The higher the rank of battle, the greater the amount of reputation points.

tbh, I wouldn't mind losing here, well, I might bit a bit salty depending on the what I lose to. If you think about it the player only really started off as a trainer but I see the issue with win/losses being exploitable.

Need more Hardy since that specific battle theme fills me with determination :P