Wondering about the Pokemon Crests in the game.

enderowl

2 hours ago, Dai Laughing said:

Using slash and burn without the crest deals just over  a quarter damage, rock slide about one quarter. With the crest, slash and burn does around half damage and somewhat strangely there is a second hit that does about one eight damage. Rock slide goes from one quarter damage to half damage with the crest. When using the Crested slash and burn on water Pokemon the move is still described as super effective so I don't think secondary fire typing applies.

I remember someone on Discord talking about the Typhlosion Crest giving it something like Parental Bond (the Mega Kangaskhan ability). Probably that's why there is a second hit that is doing only a quater of the orginal damage. Maybe the fire damage only applies to the second hit? Probabaly is easier to test on a Grass-type, the first hit should be not very effective and do some damage, while the second should be neutral and do about half of the first hit. 

Edited by TripleHHH

Also for future reference, since this is one the first search results when searching the Crests effects, here is some details that the Gheist's post didn't have and I searched on Discord:

- Claydol: Merges its defense and special attack stat to be the same. It should also boost Beam-type attacks, allowing it to use Hyper Beam without recharge and Solar Beam without a charge turn. Does it boosts those moves damage?

- Spiritomb: For each of your pokemon on your party fainted, the Spiritomb gets a boost of 30% on its Atk and SpA. And for each of the opponents Pokemon fainted it gainds the benefit of a Leftovers (recover 1/16th total HP end of turn). At max, with 5 of yours and 5 opponets pokemons fainted, it should have +150 on its Atk and SpA and recover 5/16 of its health. Also someone mentioned it also affected by the faints of your ally on double battles. I have no idea if there is some cap on the bonuses.

- Fearow: Increases critical hit ratio by 3 stages but only works if the target is less 75% health. Does anyone knows if this procs at exactly 75% health remaining?

- Seviper: Causes Seviper to hit harder against healthier foes and speed increased by 1.5x. Someone mentioned that the damage boost on a healthier foe is +50%, but I don't know how it scales. Does it calculated as Crest Damage = Normal Damage * 1,5 * (Target's Current HP / Target's Maximum HP) or is Crest Damage = Normal Damage * (1 + 0,5 * (Target's Current HP / Target's Maximum HP))?

Also the Ariados, Dusknoir, Cofagrigus and Relicanth crests should multiply the end stats, already including the EVs, IVs and nature, and not the base stats as the text says.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 12:29 PM, TripleHHH said:

I remember someone on Discord talking about the Typhlosion Crest giving it something like Parental Bond (the Mega Kangaskhan ability). Probably that's why there is a second hit that is doing only a quater of the orginal damage. Maybe the fire damage only applies to the second hit? Probabaly is easier to test on a Grass-type, the first hit should be not very effective and do some damage, while the second should be neutral and do about half of the first hit. 

Tried it on a Graveller with sturdy, both hits were super effective, so no sign of fire typing.

On 12/18/2019 at 12:29 PM, TripleHHH said:

On 12/18/2019 at 1:13 PM, TripleHHH said:

Also for future reference, since this is one the first search results when searching the Crests effects, here is some details that the Gheist's post didn't have and I searched on Discord:

- Claydol: Merges its defense and special attack stat to be the same. It should also boost Beam-type attacks, allowing it to use Hyper Beam without recharge and Solar Beam without a charge turn. Does it boosts those moves damage?

- Spiritomb: For each of your pokemon on your party fainted, the Spiritomb gets a boost of 30% on its Atk and SpA. And for each of the opponents Pokemon fainted it gainds the benefit of a Leftovers (recover 1/16th total HP end of turn). At max, with 5 of yours and 5 opponets pokemons fainted, it should have +150 on its Atk and SpA and recover 5/16 of its health. Also someone mentioned it also affected by the faints of your ally on double battles. I have no idea if there is some cap on the bonuses.

- Fearow: Increases critical hit ratio by 3 stages but only works if the target is less 75% health. Does anyone knows if this procs at exactly 75% health remaining?

- Seviper: Causes Seviper to hit harder against healthier foes and speed increased by 1.5x. Someone mentioned that the damage boost on a healthier foe is +50%, but I don't know how it scales. Does it calculated as Crest Damage = Normal Damage * 1,5 * (Target's Current HP / Target's Maximum HP) or is Crest Damage = Normal Damage * (1 + 0,5 * (Target's Current HP / Target's Maximum HP))?

Also the Ariados, Dusknoir, Cofagrigus and Relicanth crests should multiply the end stats, already including the EVs, IVs and nature, and not the base stats as the text says.

For the Claydol I have been told that beam moves are boosted by 50%. When I tested this the amount leaned less, perhaps around 30% boost. I also noticed that using Cosmic power also increases Special attack by one stage, this is because special attack is the same as defence so any increase in defence gives the same incease in Special attack. A Bold natured Claydol with max Evs in defence boosted by a couple of cosmic powered is unstoppable.

On 12/18/2019 at 2:13 PM, TripleHHH said:

First Formula would mean that below 67% of opponent's health, Seviper's damage would become less than 100%, that would be kinda bad. After testing it I can confirm that it's not the first formula, but rather the second one. Not sure though if the damage multiplier ranges between 1 and 1.5, might as well be something like 1.2-1.5.

3 hours ago, Dai Laughing said:

For the Claydol I have been told that beam moves are boosted by 50%. When I tested this the amount leaned less, perhaps around 30% boost. I also noticed that using Cosmic power also increases Special attack by one stage, this is because special attack is the same as defence so any increase in defence gives the same incease in Special attack. A Bold natured Claydol with max Evs in defence boosted by a couple of cosmic powered is unstoppable.

Definitely 50%. I remember comparing Psy Beam and Psychic, and Psy Beam did slightly more damage on average. It's interesting how the crest turns Cosmic Power as powerful as Coil and Quiver Dance, boosting 3 stats.

6 hours ago, Edo said:

It's interesting how the crest turns Cosmic Power as powerful as Coil and Quiver Dance, boosting 3 stats.

And, if on the right terrain, it could mean double boosting the three of them. I'm definetly loving Claydol a lot more than before. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/8/2019 at 12:06 AM, Gheist said:

-Spiritomb: Makes Spiritomb stronger for each defeated ally. And recovers heath based on (text cuts off)

Spiritomb recovers health based on KO'd enimies

Oh sorry haven't seen that there is more than one Page.

Can I somehow delete this post?

Edited by Baumina

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a training session and visited the kingdom of goomidra again, the left vendor sold me a Whiscash crest, pretty sure this wasn´t named here yet.

I think there is a requirement for it to be sold, bec im sure i wasnt able to buy it the last time i was there.

Anyways, it nullifies grass attacks and boosts attack instead, so basically the sap sipper ability for Whiscash.

Makes me think if there are some other crests out there we didnt know about.

The Whiscash Crest was accidentally left out of the shop in the initial release and added back in with the first patch, IIRC. I recall being confused that it wasn't initially available since one was reportedly used in the Water Gym, but shrugged it off as being simply enemy-exclusive like the Silvally Crest.

Aside from that mess, all of the ones that are in V12's code (except for silvally's) are available to the player, with more confirmed to be added with each new release up to V15. Makes me wonder if any of the other user-submitted Crest designs will wriggle their way into the game to join Whiscash's, but I personally don't exactly have the best of hopes in that regard.