Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

It seemed not only improbable, but impossible to Arthur that he would feel the soft touch of a hug ever again. But to feel one twice in one day...? The very thought nearly put Arthur off balance, but it certainly stopped his tears from flowing as he felt Justine's warm embrace. His eyes closed as he, still somewhat shaking yet trying to not be afraid to reciprocate, hugged Justine back, trying to take deep breaths and not cry as much.

g2DG7o9.png

"Thank you, Justine..."

---

Kane felt a slight sense of relief knowing he just had two more rooms to go; he had gotten mattresses, sheets, pillows and blankets for almost every room that required them, and now just two more... though it did seem very far off. Taking a bit to stretch, Kane geared himself up to continue, but was then stopped by surprise by Cecily.

yd3ljbu.png

"Ah, Cecily... Perfect timing. If you didn't mind helping me carry just one last mattress and a set of bedding upstairs, I'd be really grateful, thank you..."

Kane began to head downstairs, and as he did, he started to slow a little bit as he thought about Cecily's situation for a moment.

"...Justine's been going through a lot, it seems... I'm hoping she'll be alright, I don't know where she is, though... how have you been on the whole situation? If you need to talk, I'll listen."

Cecily nodded and followed Kane downstairs, as he asked about how she was...

mMsWxDt.png

"Yeah... I mean to talk with her later, see how she's doing. She can handle herself well enough, but...." she trailed off while Kane asked how she was doing. 

l7iWK9o.png

"Resisting the sincere temptation to feed Baldur to Myrdwyn." 

zfVEirj.png

"I appreciate it. Honestly, I'm getting kinda worried about the group. I knew our connections were... somewhat tenuous, but well, that whole... business..." she seemed to have a lot more she could call it than that, "That... well, that wasn't exactly putting our best foot forward for the new people was it?"

jBxXfAt.png

"Honestly, right now I have no desire to make up with her. It infuriates me when I try and help someone yet they pound it into the dirt and spit on it. Maybe when my blood ceases boiling I'll think about it." He shook his head,  "Yet, I can't shake this churning feeling it my gut... I don't enjoy making others angry as much as people may think. I'm suppose to be a butler, someone that reduces the stresses of life not causes them." He paused,  "Something that takes a long time to make, huh? I'll keep that in mind. As for now I'm going to fix up your couch then try and go to bed early. Sorry once again and thanks for... well everything."

dzibpAZ.png

With that Baldur heads up the stairs to his room passing Kane and Cecily, luckily for everyone involved he didn't hear anything since his too busy in his own mind. On his way back down stairs with everything he needs for the couch he locks eyes with wyvern rider, his cold gaze locked upon her for only a few seconds before going back downstairs to fix Simeon's couch.

Cecily returned the look, with every bit as much ice. She didn't say a word, not really thinking she'd keep her cool if she did. But there would be words later, when there had been a chance to cool off.

6VkJWZ0.png

"It's no problem. Just do yer best goin' onward, and try to avoid diggin' that hole ye were talkin' about... I don't wanna see ye hurt anyone or yerself, and I know ye feel the same way."

---

Kane patiently listened to Cecily, but the sudden comment about Cecily cheerily talking about having Myrdwyn eat Baldur was a bit much; Kane couldn't help but let out a bit of a snort of laughter, before shaking his head at himself.

lElP1TX.png

"Well, let's try to avoid that, even if the temptation is great. Just leave him to me, I'll talk it out with him."

Kane's smirk passed into a small sigh.

R4GYqAt.png

"...yeah, I figured things might get tense, but never to this degree-"

As Baldur walked past, Kane immediately shot Baldur a glance that wasn't as icy as either of theirs, but certainly one that looked disappointed. He waited until they passed before Kane continued, giving a sigh.

Pbz8cIA.png

"Never to this degree..."

Justine patted Arthur's back. She very nearly stroked the man's hair, but figured that might be a bit too much contact for someone she'd just met; her hand stopped in the midst of moving upward and simply patted him again instead.

y4DkjRR.png

"Any time, Arthur. We all have our own stories; not all of them have reached the happy parts yet, but hopefully that's what your time in Virtuous will be." She held the man for a few moments longer, letting him decide how much was appropriate. "Whether you need my ear, my shoulder, or my arm, I'll always be around."

To be honest, Arthur had a hard time wanting to let go at all, but he figured he would try to loosen up and break away eventually, just before it got too awkward between the two of them; he was happy to experience so many hugs in one day, but he... wasn't ready for so much of it too fast. He did look significantly calmer, if not a horribly blushing mess.

4Wneh8N.png

"I... appreciate that. I hope that both of us can reach satisfying conclusions... and if you ever need me, I'm here for you as well, even if I'm not the best of help all the time..."

Pirate_Half_1.png

"Oh, so you're familiar with an axe also hmm? Guess I might be able to have a sparring partner in the future," Fey says with a laugh before changing topics. "Anywho, as for my hobbies, I guess sailing counts. Technically I sail around a bit just for work, but sometimes I liked to go out and sail to wherever the wind took me. Though sometimes that led to complications, but it wasn't anything that couldn't be handled by some quick negotiations or an axe to the face," Fey remarks with a shrug. "Still though, sewing seems like a neat skill. I used to have thoughts of making my own clothes a while back, but i never got around to it. Think you can show me a thing or two sometime?"

2ikT3N2.png

"I don't think I'd be opposed to that... If I'm honest I've always been interested in learning how to wield an axe for combat purposes." 

She nods as she listens to Fey talk about sailing, trying to remember if she had ever been sailing before her life in the monastery. Upon hearing Fey's inquiry regarding her sewing skills she perks up, as if she's completely dropped nearly all of the barriers she's put forth.

"Yeah, I could do that sometime. Most of the clothing I wear is things I've either altered or made from scraps and donations we got at the monastery. It was a skill I guess I just picked up when tending to the younger sisters and-" she winces for a second and continues "and others who'd visit us... Um but if you wanted I could show you right now!" 

Tabitha reaches for a small drawstring bag and opens it, a look of dread is put on her face when she realizes that the sewing kit she normally keeps in there is missing. 

2ikT3N2.png

"Sorry... It looks like someone at the prison confiscated my sewing kit..."

Pirate_Half_1.png

"Dang. Oh well, chances are we'll manage to grab another one somewhere, and I doubt we'll be parting ways in the immediate future, so you can show me another time," Fey remarks as she lies down in the bed, a little disappointed but still showing a smile. "As for axes, there are a few different types, so which one you decide to pick up will affect how you learn to use them. Personally a fan of throwing axes, but that might just be because i could deck people before they so much as stepped foot on my ship. Who knows. What about you? From your woodcutting comment, I guess typical axes are more your thing?"

Justine gave Arthur another small smile as she stepped away slightly, letting that space exist between them again. 

faquppZ.png

"I appreciate that, Arthur. I really do." She sighed slightly. "I suppose I've probably calmed down enough to not throw things at Baldur on my way back in, but I think I might stay and enjoy the moonlight a little longer. I won't keep you, but it's been a while since I did so with company other than my own thoughts."

2ikT3N2.png

"Yeah.. Another time." 

She puts the bag onto her bed and crosses her legs.

"I think so, I've never used one but I've always wanted to swing something like a halberd, unless that's considered more of a polearm... There's just something about using both your arms and all of your power to just split something in two that's just relaxing?" 

She flashes a small smile at Fey. 

2ikT3N2.png

"It's funny, normally I'd be worried about someone thinking talking about things like this is weird or "not becoming of a lady of the cloth" but I find it really easy to talk about these things with you!" 

Arthur slowly nodded as the two broke apart and Justine spoke, him looking at the ground with his cheeks still tinged red. He gave a little chuckle when she brought up not throwing things at Baldur when she came back in.

4Wneh8N.png

"I'm not doing anything besides going to bed soon... I wouldn't mind staying out for a little while."

Any sort of meditation to keep Arthur calmed down was good for his mind, he thought to himself. Really, thinking about it... it beats just staring at the ceiling until he dozed off to sleep. Just in general, being with a friend... was nice.

Pirate_Half_1.png

"I'm probably the last person around here who will complain about how someone decides to talk. After being a merchant for as long as I have, you see a lot of people. A lot of them have their own stories and circumstances, but so long as they aren't too bad, we can all head to the negotiation table and work something out," Fey replies with a grin. "Though in fairness, I can't say I've spoken to many women of the cloth, so its not like I have any clue how they tend to speak. But hey, you seem alright, so that's all that matters." 

Lizaveta reacted quite energetically to Mim’s statement, judging by her suddenly sitting up quite straight and smacking her fist into her palm.

lizavetasmile.png

Yes!! It looked like... Kane was just willing to let it happen. But I’m not! I think— I think he appreciated us before, Shin. So we just keep at it, right? It’s not right to just watch from the sidelines like the others are doig, and Shin doesn’t deserve to be miserable.

2ikT3N2.png

"Thanks... That's reassuring to hear, and if its any consolation I don't think I've talked to many merchants who don't try to constantly sell me things I don't need." Tabitha lets out a quick laugh. "Tell you what, I've never experienced much of the world since I've been stuck in a monastery for years but I'd love to hear more about your travels if you're willing to share. It could be like a trade or something, where I can show you how to do some needle-working if you'll tell me more about your time as a merchant!" 

Doing nothing but laying in his bed, he takes a look around his messed room.
mBeaG9Z.png
"......"

Until he hears a knocking on his door. ..He wasn't sure how long he left whoever was there on the other side waiting, but he eventually opens the door just a crack to answer them. Anyone could easily see how red and tired Shin's eyes are at the moment.
cdgLLga.png
"A-ahh.. Ferdiad..! It's just me in here."

0QjwDh1.png
"I think I have everything I need.. thank you." Shin says as he takes another look around his room, and notes how much in disarray it really is. He then looks back at Ferdiad with guilt. "Um ..t-thanks for always working so hard for us, by the way.." His face grows increasingly awkward as he continues on. "I-if I could ever help with anything on your end.. please do let me know."

Edited by Shauntaro

Shin's uncomfortable reaction does little to put him off, and his smile is gentle as he looks at the other man; even the chaotic state his room is in doesn't seem to faze him.

ferdiad_casual_happy_talk.png

"Think little of it, Shin. It's simply how I have always cared for others."

ferdiad_casual_frown_talking.png

"I will keep that in mind. Today has been quite a day... how are you feeling about it all?"

The dancer thought for a moment, before evidently stumbling upon an idea. 

faquppZ.png

"Here, follow me." She gestured towards Arthur, then moved to walk around the edge of the building. "There's a flat spot on the roof." Almost as if on queue, a ladder almost seemed to appear around the corner out of the night. She climbed it deftly, the stress of the day not seeming to slow her down on her way up. "They say that there's an infinite number of stories written in the night sky. They've watched every single triumph and tragedy in the world." She settled down on the roof once she arrived, and patted a spot next to her before laying back.

With a slightly curious tilt of the head, Arthur gave a nod as he followed Justine at a brisk pace, looking curious as to what she was going for when she took him up to the roof. He slowly ascended to take care not to mess up the ladder or his own grip as he got on the roof, laying in the spot she patted, looking at the stars.

4Wneh8N.png

"I've never done this... This is nice." Arthur spoke in a very soft tone.

Cecily sighed as well. 

"Yeah, never like this... I should have tried to stop it from getting that out of hand..." she waved vaguely, "But can't change what's done. The new guys seem... mostly stable, at least?" 

Pirate_Half_1.png

"A trade is it? Sure, I like the sound of that. I've got plenty of stories to tell, so you'll have plenty to look forward to," Fey asserts with a grin. "I'll be looking forward to the sewing then. And who knows, maybe our work will be good enough to sell."

Kane gently shook his head in response to Cecily.

R4GYqAt.png

"It's alright; I should have been there to take responsibility first and foremost as leader. I will try to do a better job of keeping everyone separated... I'm going to be having a lengthy talk with Baldur to make sure he stops this behavior, it's unacceptable. But you're right, it seems the new members are doing a good job of keeping everything stable. Arthur's a bit of a ticking time bomb, but Mim seems to help him keep his cool, and he seems to have calmed things down with Justine, thankfully. I think they'll be great... just Baldur needs some work to avoid this from happening again in the future."

Shin paused at the recollection of the whole day for a brief moment before responding.
LKrDlZQ.png
"It was.. a mess, wasn't it.. We did meet some new people, and that makes me happy, but.." He then glances away with the thought of Baldur and Lizaveta before murmuring "I.. caused a lot of problems too."

mBeaG9Z.png
"I don't want to cause anything like that again." 

He pauses once more, before asking:
0QjwDh1.png
"But.. have you been dealing with everything all okay, Ferdiad?"

Edited by Shauntaro

IbVeksU.png

"Yeah! We'll help him, get him some new clothes, maybe have Fey toss him into the lake if he doesn't take a bath... But it's fine! We'll help Shin feel better about himself and look better while we're at it. I bet his hair could use a brush, I'll have to do that at some point... It can suck to brush your hair when it's all tangled and everything... We've totally got this!"