Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

Lysander.png

"Most people don't know I'm a thief, in fact the people in this room an two more are the only ones who know my identity. So I admit no one has ever doubted my word." Lysander doesn't move an inch simply closing his eyes and smiling. "I supposed we aren't too different after all then. Although I care more about giving their victims a second chance, and expect them to figure out what they did wrong by themselves. But I always leave them no doubt that I will return should they make their mistakes again." 

As Arthur came inside with Justine, he tried to look as casual as humanly possible, as if he wasn't just sleeping next to a girl, and walked into the dining hall as if there was absolutely nothing going on. He almost spoke up, but then eyed his coat, then looked at Lysander, looking to and from them before shaking angrily.

jaVB2s9.png

"Who the fuck are you, and what the fuck makes you think you can lay a hand on my-"

Arthur nearly gets set off, before he suddenly digs the side of his hand into his leg, breathing in deeply, and breathing out. Trying not to say anything, he walks up and snatches his coat back, and doesn't do much else but do a growl whisper.

"I don't know who you are, but consider it a warning, do not lay a hand on my coat..."

A pause as Arthur looked over everyone, then a small sigh as he turned back to Lysander.

jlG4kMr.png

"...sorry for getting angry with you, it's a bad habit." Arthur looked back to everyone. "Good morning, everyone, I ended up sleeping outside on accident... has anyone seen that man, Ferdiad? I needed to speak with him..."

As though summoned by Arthur's utterance of his name, Ferdiad appears in the hallway, looking refreshed and well-rested even if a touch late to the meeting and oblivious to all that had already happened with the new arrival.

ferdiad_casual_talking.png

"Good morning, ev—" He stops, staring eye-level at the stranger that's been the source of all the commotion.

ferdiad_casual_frown_talking.png

"—eryone..."

There's an extended pause... 

And then he looks around for Kane, looking more than a little bit flustered. There's a tinge of rouge just under his eyes.

ferdiad_casual_frown_talking.png

"Er, Kane, beg pardon...? Who is... this man?"

Kane looks rather amused at Ferdiad's blush; he can somewhat see something going on.

lElP1TX.png

"That'll be our newest member, Ferdiad; his name is Lysander Hale Darby, the Marvel Thief. He's quite talented and I hope you can give him a warm welcome."

After Kane finishes, Arthur approaches Ferdiad, quietly clearing his throat.

4qpGzaG.png

"Erhem... Ferdiad, was it? I was wondering if I could borrow your horse for just an hour." Arthur paused, dropping his voice to a quiet whisper. "I have a friend in Ceda I want to let know that I'm fine. I won't do anything rash, I just want to show and tell them that I'm safe."

Part of him had been somewhat concerned that their hideout had been found out, so he's relieved to hear that this is someone interested in joining their cause. But the Marvel Thief...? Why does that sound somewhat familiar?

Before he can dig for it, however, or even greet the newcomer properly, Arthur addresses him, and he turns to listen.

"Certainly. I would be happy to lend him to you. Would you like me to accompany you? It is not that I don't trust you with Bradwr, but... I loathe the thought of any of my allies venturing out alone, especially when we so recently freed you from prison. Surely word has already gotten out."

Arthur gently shakes his head.

4qpGzaG.png

"Thank you, and I greatly appreciate your offer and generosity, but I'd rather my journey be undergone alone. I'll wear my coat to conceal myself from prying eyes, and I hopefully won't be on the road too long."

jlG4kMr.png

"I'll make damn sure I get back. You have a good group here, with Mim and Justine... I won't let myself be taken away again."

"I will hold you to that. If you are gone too long, I will set out myself to find you. I and the others all pray for your safe return."

It's a genuine statement, but those who have known Ferdiad for longer would find it curious that he didn't push more adamantly when usually he is quite stubborn about letting any of Virtuous go about on their own.

"He's a docile beast and won't fight you, but if you'd like to win his trust faster, there are sugar cubes in the pouch fastened to his saddle."

Even as he speaks, however, there seems to be something distracted about his body language, and his eyes drift unconsciously back to their newest member. Lysander, was it?

A little nod from Arthur.

4qpGzaG.png

"Thank you. I will be no longer than an hour, I promise. I greatly appreciate this, Ferdiad... and I am sorry about my earlier treatment of you yesterday. I'll be back soon."

Arthur puts on his coat and leaves without another word.

Mim had winced when Arthur came in yelling, but he had thankfully calmed down. It seemed like he was busy talking to Ferdy anyways, but something their new thief had said was echoing in Mim's brain. Need to go check on someone... Shin! Shin hadn't come down yet, and that had slipped past her too easily. If she was going to help him, she needed to notice things like that! She turned around and headed back up the stairs. Kane didn't need her anymore. That had been about the coat. Nothing more. So she needed to focus on Shin. Crimson was fine without her. Shin needed help. Not Crimson.

Reaching his room, she knocked on the door and called out,

9Lt7IrL.png

"Shin? Are you awake? It's time for breakfast, you should come down! It's the most important meal, you know. Helps the whole day feel better!"

Kane watched as Arthur left the building, looking... slightly concerned. He did look to Ferdiad and Justine, and decided to try not to worry... but he was going to be holding Arthur to his 'one hour' rule. Afterwards, Kane looks around, then gives a little sigh.

R4GYqAt.png

"Seems we're missing a few people... I'll go get them."

Kane headed upstairs, and saw Mim already tending to Shin. Giving a little nod at her, he knocked on Baldur's door.

R4GYqAt.png

"Baldur, may I come in? I need to speak with you."

Silence once again would be the only thing Kane receives..... before.....

CRASH 

The sound of glass shattering comes from inside the room. Unfortunately for Kane the door seems locked, quite the inconvenience for him too.

The sound of glass breaking is literally never a good sound. The best case scenario is that someone's clumsy, and Baldur was rarely the clumsy type.

UWNaAxC.png

"Baldur, I'm coming in!"

With almost lightning speed, Kane picked the lock with ease, and flung the door open.

jmS7Bc0.png

As Kane flings open the door he sees Baldur sitting at the far end of his table. His face planted in the middle of the chess board with the pieces scattered everywhere. A couple of empty bottles of liquor lie on the table and one half filled. The filled one still standing (thankfully no liquid to clean up). There seems to be a small pile of glass on the floor that seem to be the remnants of a shot glass. The butler seems to be just fine for the most part. Still breathing. He hasn't reacted to Kane slamming open the door at all.

Kane looks... Less than amused. He was never one to criticize people for underage drinking despite his own lack of desire to drink, especially when it's really their business, but as leader he still felt there was a responsibility to still keep his teammates in check. Walking over to Baldur, he gently shook him as he spoke with a somewhat firm tone.

UWNaAxC.png

"Baldur, we need to talk. You said today, so I am holding you to it."

jBxXfAt.png

"Mmmggrr...." Baldur slowly opens his eyes and sits up, a black rook stuck to his cheek. His vision is blurred until he wipes his eyes. His entire head has a fierce throbbing feeling and his stomach isn't exactly feel the best either. Looking over to his side he finally notices Kane. He jumps up in his seat in both surprise and embarrassment.

qxjEVEp.png

"Kane! Wha-what are you doing here?" It takes a bit for his mind to catch up before he remembers,  "O-oh, right... I'm uh, sorry you had to come into a sight like this." He looks down in shame before slowly getting out of his chair staggering a bit.  "Let me clean up a bit real quick before we begin." He takes the empty glass bottles and adds them to the waste bin and sweeps up the broken glass. He sets back up the Chess board before looking back at Kane,  "Mind if I lock the door while we talk? I don't want anyone barging in."

Kane gives just the tiniest of sighs as Baldur gets out of his chair, but regardless he stands off to the side and waits patiently for him.

UWNaAxC.png

"Take your time... you can lock the door too, I don't mind."

He isn't as disappointed now that Baldur is awake, but he still looks a bit stern.

Baldur locks the door, and approaches Kane before going into a deep bow.

jmS7Bc0.png

"I am deeply sorry for my actions yesterday! I should not have harmed a comrade, even when heated by emotions! It was a shameful act and could've costed us new recruits. I have shamed the Virtuous name and am ready to take whatever punishment you deem necessary for my actions! If eviction is required so be it." He waited in baited breath for Kane's response, keeping in his bow straight and firm... or as straight and firm as he could manage at this moment.

Kane quietly listens to what Baldur has to say, then gives a little sigh.

UWNaAxC.png

"Eviction will not be necessary just yet, Baldur. But you must know that the actions you have been taking can not be tolerated, not by me or any members of Virtuous. Not only that, but you also need to learn to watch your mouth; your comments toward Justine were equally as despicable and you should know that while words do not cause physical injury, they can be just as if not more painful than a punch. I can understand you may not have total fondness for Justine as a person, but learn to respect and tolerate her. And that goes for Cecily as well; I saw your scowl yesterday and it was clear Cecily did as well."

jmS7Bc0.png

"Simeon told me something akin to that last night. Said it is something that I should look into work on sometime soon. I have also agreed to withhold any future comments towards Justine. As for Cecily, I have nothing against her personally. I may have let my emotions get to me once more in that moment. That is no excuse, however." He gets out of his bow.

jBxXfAt.png

"I simply see no reason in mincing words when talking to someone. Can people not handle the truth so much that they take out their denial on speaker? However, if you see it as a problem I will refrain form doing so as best I can."

Shin had barely slept at all, but he had been too dazed and out of it to even notice Lysander's deft maneuvers. Well, it's not like he had much to steal ...that had any monetary value anyway. Shin's dry, bloodshot eyes glanced towards the window that let through the bright morning light. He had hoped for a renewal that came with a new day after some sleep but this felt more like it was only going to go on for much longer.

He rubbed what felt like dried up fluids off from his face, and averted his gaze back towards the ceiling.

mBeaG9Z.png
"Ahh.. It's already morning." he thinks to himself.

Before he even had enough time to sit in his thoughts a little more, he was jolted up by the sudden knocking on his door. He didn't really expect anyone to come get him usually, he could only start to wonder who could it be before his question was immediately answered by the voice of ..Mim! This was a surprise to Shin, he thought that after his sorry display yesterday Mim would've wanted nothing to do with him, as he was used to people feeling so. 

He didn't want to keep her waiting, and plus it wasn't like he could even sleep in the first place anyway. He tried to respond with a simple, "Ah.. I'll be a bit." but his excessively dry mouth and throat only forced him into a violent coughing fit. 

m0GEC7v.png
"Ah-"

He couldn't do anything but kneel on the ground while desperately trying to calm his coughing while answering at the same time.

2gMq2GO.png
*COUGH COUGH* "I-"*COUGH* "c-c-"*COUGH*

Edited by Shauntaro

"Shin, are you ok? Hang on, I'll be right in!" Rushing over to her shared room with Liza, she grabbed one of the few items that she hadn't lost. Her backpack, mostly empty at this point, as they had stolen her herbs, but tucked deep in a hidden bottom were her brewing implements. And more relevant, a small canteen of water that she had refilled last night. She always kept some on her as it was vital to most of the mixtures she made.

Rushing back, she pushed open his door, and ran over to him. "Here, take a drink. It's just some water, don't worry." She was so focused on him that it took her a few seconds to notice the state of the rest of the room. "O-oh... Oh Shin..."

Arthur leaves and then Kane also heads towards the bedrooms shortly after to call Baldur, leaving Ferdiad standing and feeling strangely discomfited. It's only then that he notices the pile of miscellaneous belongings in the center of the room. Why did everyone pile things here...? 

But before that—

He turns to the new arrival again, giving him a warm smile, even as he returns to wondering where he had heard the moniker Marvel Thief before.

"Apologies for all the commotion. Welcome to Virtuous. Lysander, was it? I am Ferdiad Domniann, one of Virtuous' founding members. If there is absolutely anything you require, please do not hesitate to ask it of me."

Lysander.png

Lysander gave Ferdiad a smile. He was afraid of not being liked by anyone other than Kane but this reassured him. "Thank you Ferdiad, I will make sure to come to you first should I need anything. I understand that my entrance was rather sudden and a little let's say suspect. But rest assured I have full intentions of doing my part in helping in our common cause."

"You've come at a good time. We only yesterday nearly doubled our numbers, and it's no trouble to accommodate one more."

Being told that he would be the first Lysander would come to should he need help fills him with a swell of pride. Eager to know more about him, he continues:

"I am curious: what are your reasons for joining Virtuous? I do not doubt you, but... we are a wanted band of outlaws, despite our aims. What brings you here?"

Though feeling a little bad, Shin gratefully takes a drink from the canteen. Thankfully the cough didn't get too disastrous, preventing him for making more of a mess.

2gMq2GO.png
*Cough* "A-ah, thank you M-Mim.. I'm fine."

He then attempts to hand the canteen back to Mim, but it was then he realized that a new disaster had already begun.

mBeaG9Z.png
"It was just a-.."

cdgLLga.png
"...cough.."

Edited by Shauntaro