Xanthous' Art [Art: Drawing][Requests (very closed)]

Xanthous

On 8/12/2018 at 6:11 PM, Jess said:

@Xanthous Oh wow, your work is great! If only I was half as talented...

Now, my request would be a bit more specific...

May I have a pic of a female bugcatcher riding a Sawsbuck with a Vivillon flying around? 😄 If no humans still, then add a Deerling! 😊

Or anything in that context! I'd be eternally grateful!

This one was really hard, but I learned a lot from it! Since it got automatically resized, you can click on it to get rid of lineart blurriness. No idea about solutions on mobile, though.

vivbuck1d.png.d45ea3bbecf55a5e57ad4822d2918553.png

Heads up: I go back to work full-time starting Monday, meaning less time for art. Updates will slow down quite a bit and I'll likely upload pencil sketches.

J-Awesome_One, then Azeria.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:04 PM, Candy said:

This is so cute and warm and it makes me happy~ thx a lot 💝

And as a totally unrelated note, it actually goes amazingly well with this one chapter I wrote about a mimikyu where he gets his disguise fixed by a Leavanny with a clothing shop owo

mimilea.png.3ff846e27a2fcb37616c33618453c1a2.png

hehe

Edited by Xanthous
shrinking pictures
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Xanthous said:

This one was really hard, but I learned a lot from it! Since it got automatically resized, you can click on it to get rid of lineart blurriness. No idea about solutions on mobile, though.

vivbuck1d.png.d45ea3bbecf55a5e57ad4822d2918553.png

Heads up: I go back to work full-time starting Monday, meaning less time for art. Updates will slow down quite a bit and I'll likely upload pencil sketches.

J-Awesome_One, then Azeria.

mimilea.png.3ff846e27a2fcb37616c33618453c1a2.png

hehe

I WANT TO LEAVE MORE THAN 1 REP POINTS UNDER THIS ONE BUT I CAN'T! 😍 

Thank you berry much, it's truly an amazing piece of art!!! If I was living in the Pokemon world, I can't think of a pic depicting me better than this! 💙

I'll spread the word for you, kind artist, among all my friends!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/12/2018 at 9:33 PM, J-Awesome_One said:

Ooo. These look awesome. I wanna make a request. I have 2 in mind but I mean I'll let you decide which 1 you'd like to do. I wouldn't have you do 2. Haha. 1 would be a cool fusion of Goodra and Arbok. And the other I have in mind is Goodra throwing Arbok at an opponent. 😬

These are super entertaining options, please take both

Goobok? Ardra? Gooardrabok

gooardrabok.png.e6767dfc00b24df0b8578963e502a8c1.png

Its ability, Free Hugs, makes it so any time you make contact with this pokemon you are unable to act, unable to switch, and are toxic poisoned, also this pokemon desperately apologizes at the end of every turn until you faint

Also,

goodrastuff.png.d9603e0b3718d0e9cd96ed5775958994.png

this is the canonical ending to the universe

Azeria, then Pokemon Researcher Kat.

3 hours ago, Archeric said:

also not related but can you show us your art process

it would be really good thanks 

Heck yeah

I'm going to double post so I can add pictures, mods plz no ban

Edited by Xanthous
corrections
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Xanthous said:

These are super entertaining options, please take both

Goobok? Ardra? Gooardrabok

gooardrabok.png.e6767dfc00b24df0b8578963e502a8c1.png

Its ability, Free Hugs, makes it so any time you make contact with this pokemon you are unable to act, unable to switch, and are toxic poisoned, also this pokemon desperately apologizes at the end of every turn until you faint

Also,

goodrastuff.png.d9603e0b3718d0e9cd96ed5775958994.png

this is the canonical ending to the universe

Azeria, then Pokemon Researcher Kat.

Heck yeah

I'm going to double post so I can add pictures, mods plz no ban

Oooo. Extra slimy. Loving the fusion. And love the ability you gave it. xD And I freaking love that you had Goodra throw Arbok at God itself. xD You are too good at this dude. Deff need to get recognized for these. Really talented.

Thank you for the kind words!

Answering Archeric's post (my process):

1) Google references for whatever I want to draw

2) Draw some quick thumbnails to figure out poses/composition (I like working with ink because I draw more loosely).

thumbnails1a.png.24af9d234fa46c6aca223e0a1558aa7a.png

3) Decide on a pose, draw in pencil (lightly as possible) in my sketchbook, then go over it in ink. Erase pencil and touch up any ink faded from the eraser.

2068191611_typhthumbandink.png.a751d3d2249d5e0100f829a66d2915cc.png (there was a really awkward typhlosion pose I am hiding on the previous page, lmao)

4) Scan to computer. Use image editing software (I have Clip Studio) to clean up lineart, fix mistakes in inking, etc. Color

typhprecolor.png.93837cc16c115ed0a500b79055d00b83.png

5) Save final file as a .PNG, go to Tinypng.com and reduce file size. Post on this site, the end

On 8/16/2018 at 5:00 AM, Xanthous said:

typh2final.png.9769905e897080b38439c7f919c68076.png

• Like 7

Since requests are open again (and you mentioned human characters are ok), could you draw a Rosarade posing (or standing dramatically?) with the character in the reference pics below?  If possible, can the character  (Yuuka) be posing with her parasol pointed like in the last pic though the pose doesn't have to similar really?  

Spoiler

aOIt7ex.jpg

Spoiler

ZbziU8R.gif

mu1blVz.png

Spoiler

fEt35iL.png?2

Spoiler

lEQ2ftg.jpg

• Thanks 1

I feel like you missed the opportunity to request Yuuka's Mystic Square outfit with a lurantis so that they could be p(l)ants buddies, Seki, but maybe that's just my punny side showing... >_>;

On that note, might I make a request of my own and bog your glorious art process down even further? If so, I'd like to see what you can come with for a piece that includes lurantis and dewpider- the two Alolan pokemon that simultaneously exemplify, and invert, their real world counterparts!

Feel free to turn me down if your workload's feeling to great, though- those who came before me do take priority, and none of us want your work to suffer, after all~! In any case, keep up the good work!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I feel like you missed the opportunity to request Yuuka's Mystic Square outfit with a lurantis so that they could be p(l)ants buddies, Seki, but maybe that's just my punny side showing... >_>;

That would have definitely been a good pair, especially since the slow speed joke could be made.  I considered requesting Musharna with Yuuka in her LLS stage 5 outfit, but I couldn't find fanart of Yuuka and Rosarade the other day and thought that was a travesty.

On 8/18/2018 at 1:17 AM, Azeria said:

This looks dope bud. Mind doing one with Garchomp and Absol for me, with an Ace Trainer?

Gotcha covered!

r8O8FST.png

If I had remembered garchomp could fly I would have had it and absol doing sick air combos, big regrets

Ultra Sun: It flies at the speed of sound while searching for prey, and it has midair battles with Salamence as the two compete for food.

xYKb7gQ.png

Pokemon Researcher Kat, then Archeric. Thank you for visiting, everyone!

14 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Feel free to turn me down if your workload's feeling to great, though- those who came before me do take priority, and none of us want your work to suffer, after all~! In any case, keep up the good work!

It's fine. I definitely closed requests for real after yours and seki108's though, and will be ignoring any that are posted after both of yours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Veterans
4 hours ago, Xanthous said:

Gotcha covered!

r8O8FST.png

If I had remembered garchomp could fly I would have had it and absol doing sick air combos, big regrets

xYKb7gQ.png

Pokemon Researcher Kat, then Archeric. Thank you for visiting, everyone!

It's fine. I definitely closed requests for real after yours and seki108's though, and will be ignoring any that are posted after both of yours.

God bless your soul. Absol at the end was just amazing.

On 8/18/2018 at 8:57 AM, Pokemon Researcher Kat said:

@Xanthous Hi there~ ^u^ Could I request an Alolan Vulpix and a Feraligatr getting along/being friends? Whether that's just hanging out or battling together, I'll leave it up to you.

Tried more painting this time. Confidently having no clue what you're doing is fun as hell, 10/10 would recommend

NLcLI1T.png

While Snow Warning was activating, Feraligatr wondered if it was possible to make snow cones if they waited long enough, and that was the realest talk the two of them ever had

On 8/25/2018 at 3:01 PM, Angelkitsune said:

that comic is GOLD!!! I'm starting to wonder is this garchomp belongs to Terra since it is doing wacky stuff (look at it's cute face) (❤´艸`❤)

Good work Xanthous keep up the good work d=====( ̄▽ ̄*)b

lmao those little faces, you're the best ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Edited by Xanthous
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Xanthous said:

Tried more painting this time. Confidently having no clue what you're doing is fun as hell, 10/10 would recommend

NLcLI1T.png

While Snow Warning was activating, Feraligatr wondered if it was possible to make snow cones if they waited long enough, and that was the realest talk the two of them ever had

lmao those little faces, you're the best ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Oh my gosh, it's perfect! Thank you a thousand times over, these two are my favorite Pokemon~ ^u^ 
I know the feeling, I confidently didn't know what I was doing all through Math class Senior Year lol But your work turned out amazing~! I can even picture that little discussion and them actually trying to make the snow cones XD So cute ahhhhhhhhhh *fangirling noises continue*

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 2:31 AM, Arkiel said:

They are all awesome and beautifull! just roll through all the tread looking for more ^^

Thank you! Your art is super cool!

On 8/24/2018 at 9:00 AM, Archeric said:

is this still on?

hello?

ok if its still open may i have a mega gallade deflecting a moonblast from a mega gardevoir?

i know you can do it since your art is so godly ;D

Another hard one! It's finished though, woop woop

gVtInu7.png

A while back you asked me to post how I made a picture. I didn't say much about it at the time, but that's the first time I've ever been asked. It really made my day, so thanks!

Wolfox, then seki108.

Edited by Xanthous
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

On 8/24/2018 at 9:09 AM, Wolfox said:

Hello, hi. I'm not sure if I can request anything here, but if I can, could I, perhaps, request a Shiny Gardevoir and Shiny Vaporeon holding each other lovingly?

IT'S THE

GARDEVOIR POWER HOUR

AOMyz6v.png

i have always wanted to draw the zigzag animu hair shine, thank you gardevoir for giving me an excuse to do it

seki108, then Autumn Zephyr.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

HAHA I love how mega Gallade just slaps Mega Gardevior's Moonblast away like "Not Today b*tch" and "super effective,what is that?" ψ(`∇´)ψ

Also I love how Vaporeon and Gardevior are like cuddle buddies I want one too though I thought you will use Reborn shinies ( •̀ ω •́ )✧

Again Good Job these artwork are very great wish I could draw as good as you d=====( ̄▽ ̄*)b

Edited by Angelkitsune