Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

they handled Shelly well (Nexus got a little lucky, but did well). And yeah, Nexus kinda opened up a can of worms that he shouldn't have (granted what else is new?)

• Global Mods

Shade will hopefully claim some lives. from memory quite a few of his mons have a lot of offensive power and pretty decent coverage. If any of them lose a lot we can start referring to them as savage lol. 

I wonder how they'll react to that gym in general, with shades forshadowing in the dark, and corey the gengar etc

I actually am a bit confused. first people want them to learn the field effects and use them. now Nappy actually does so and now he has to mlose the mon that allows him to do so...

• Global Mods
Just now, Wolfox said:

I actually am a bit confused. first people want them to learn the field effects and use them. now Nappy actually does so and now he has to mlose the mon that allows him to do so...

Learning & utilizing the natural field, using inbuilt transformations: Good 

Blanketly overwriting any field in a significant battle with electric terrain: Not so good

Just now, DreamblitzX said:

Learning & utilizing the natural field, using inbuilt transformations: Good 

Blanketly overwriting any field in a significant battle with electric terrain: Not so good

still better than not learning fields at all I'd say. heck, he even used the seed

• Global Mods
Just now, Wolfox said:

still better than not learning fields at all I'd say. heck, he even used the seed

True, and the usage of the seeds was definitely cool to see.

4 hours ago, Wolfox said:

From a personal perspective I don't like altering the field with terrain moves. I might use natural moves if it feels like something I'd do anyway. I.e. set the forest on fire because I like to spam fire moves willy nilly, shatter mirrors because I do the same with EQ, etc. That said, far as I'm concerned they can play the way they want, so that's not the issue. I want Ampharos gone simply because Ampharos is a stupid and ugly sheep.

And sheep are already stupid and ugly, so that's saying something. 😛

38 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I wonder how they're gonna react to Luna's team when they realize that all of her Pokemon are nicknamed?

to quote: "WTF IS SHE GONNA SEND OUT!"

48 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

to quote: "WTF IS SHE GONNA SEND OUT!"

I think it'd be more like "Wtf is that?! Why do they have nicknames?! This shit is wild!" I think Nappy would like that though. It'd be like in a UCL battle but with a mono type team.

1 hour ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I wonder how they're gonna react to Luna's team when they realize that all of her Pokemon are nicknamed?

I feel at first they'll be annoyed because they can't counter her mons until she's already sent them out but eventually be okay with it as she's super easy and the Alice in Wonderland theme.

4 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

I feel at first they'll be annoyed because they can't counter her mons until she's already sent them out but eventually be okay with it as she's super easy and the Alice in Wonderland theme.

I can imagine them settling down, thinking the difficulty is over after Noel, Radomus, Luna, and Samson...then bam, Charlotte happens. 😛

5 minutes ago, wcv said:

I can imagine them settling down, thinking the difficulty is over after Noel, Radomus, Luna, and Samson...then bam, Charlotte happens. 😛

If Nappy still has Gregory AKA Lumineon at that point, Rain Dance will make that battle so easy.

I honestly don't mind them using E-Terrain so much, I think it's nice to see them actually utilize the advantages their 'mons give them. All's fair in a 'locke. And I mean, Nappy's been doing fine even before he got access to the move.
It would have been cool to see someone set the field on fire instead, though. (Not because it's particularly smart with so many grounded 'mons, I just find it funny to do this to fields.)

Shade loves his Electric moves, though, so trying to change his field into E-Terrain might come to bite them in the ass a bit. The short-circuit field can boost all the way up to x2, but at least comes with a chance for low rolls, whereas the terrain grants Gengar and Mimikyu the x1.5 - more than the Factory Field does. Rotom doesn't get boosted, but also can't get screwed over by low rolls this way.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Kamu said:

If Shade doesn't wipe them then Charlotte will

VSCharlotte.png.7a748a48c383473dea85b810b413f1c6.png

I think your forgetting theres someone out there that can turn their team to dust if they have no utility:

solarisgaunt.png

1 hour ago, Kamu said:

If Shade doesn't wipe them then Charlotte will

VSCharlotte.png.7a748a48c383473dea85b810b413f1c6.png

Eh, Shelly’s harder than Shade and they did fine with her. Serra’s the next opponent I’d say is really dangerous.

Edited by wcv

6 hours ago, wcv said:

Eh, Shelly’s harder than Shade and they did fine with her. Serra’s the next opponent I’d say is really dangerous.

I don't think Serra is really that much of a threat, she relies too heavily on her field.