Dev Blog | V11 Status Thread

Jan

47 minutes ago, Pata733 said:

What the poem suppose to mean

Are you foeshadowing Aevium destruction?

Or are saying a hero will prevent it?

Is this the end or the beginning

Does someone come back from the dead

Or are we going to have to make another choice

Could it be a custom made legendary

Or a clone of one?

Or is this Madame X talking

Could this be it for us

What could this poem be saying!

JK! I just wanted to make a long comment for laughs

Back to the thread and spending time with beta-chan:)

So you like the poem?

The bird of destruction is Yveltal

The being of alpha meaning beginning in the Greek alphabet is Arceus

The worriars of the light fighting against the worriars of the dark.

Just now, ShadeStrider said:

Z rings Enable Z moves. Mega Rings enable Mega Evolution. I think you confused them.

No, in SuMo the Z-Ring was used to mega-evolve Pokemon as well as using Z-Moves, although you did need a Keystone with the Z-Ring for mega-evolution. 

(Takes a deep breath) The z ring and mega ring are separate items that for Reborn Marc changed the script to combine the two into a single item. Depending on the script, they could be given separate or together simply by changing the item requirement to activate them. I don't know how it looks nor Jan's plan what to do when giving it out. Most likely it'll just be the Mega Z-ring instead of separate.

Edit: Did not realize Z ring could mega evolve in the canon games. Still haven't beaten Gen7

• Hmm 2

The Z ring could always Mega evolve, something about that the stone used to make the Z ring does the same thing as a Key stone

You just didn't get any Mega stones until the Battle Tree

Except the one given to you by Dexio or Sina I believe

I personally don't really mind not having the Mega Z ring

In the main games you got both fairly early since Mega Evolutions and Z moves were the star mechanic of their respective games

For fan games, especially Reborn and Rejuv, them being late game items make more sense as they are meant to be the ultimate techniques.

But it's up to the devs to decide when we get it.

Personally, I don't think it matters when we get the mega or the z ring sure it an amazing item but is that why you play reborn and rejuvenation for so long. Isn't because of the plot and characters that you play the game, yes the mega ring would make the game more exciting but maybe getting it last minute wouldn't be the worst thing.

Just my opinion

2 hours ago, Pata733 said:

Personally, I don't think it matters when we get the mega or the z ring sure it an amazing item but is that why you play reborn and rejuvenation for so long. Isn't because of the plot and characters that you play the game, yes the mega ring would make the game more exciting but maybe getting it last minute wouldn't be the worst thing.

Just my opinion

It's a matter of timing. The Mega Ring has already appeared in the story, there are obtainable Mega Stones in-game, and (if I remember right) there's a bag compartment for Z-Crystals; we all know that unless Jan changes his mind suddenly out of left field, we're almost definitely getting them eventually. But you have to time it right. If you introduce them too early, they can be OP (especially Megas, Z-Moves are arguably better balanced), but if you introduce them too late into the game, the player barely gets a chance to use them or need them. And the story seems to be getting closer and closer to its climax; time to properly introduce them is running out, and soon it'll be too late for them to be useful, and then in that case what's the point anymore.

8 hours ago, Campanella said:

It's a matter of timing. The Mega Ring has already appeared in the story, there are obtainable Mega Stones in-game, and (if I remember right) there's a bag compartment for Z-Crystals; we all know that unless Jan changes his mind suddenly out of left field, we're almost definitely getting them eventually. But you have to time it right. If you introduce them too early, they can be OP (especially Megas, Z-Moves are arguably better balanced), but if you introduce them too late into the game, the player barely gets a chance to use them or need them. And the story seems to be getting closer and closer to its climax; time to properly introduce them is running out, and soon it'll be too late for them to be useful, and then in that case what's the point anymore.

Ah, Okay

I think the best time to introduce mega evolution would be in the middle of a games's progression but the catch would be that you only get a few megastones of the most weak  mega evolutions at first. Like mega Camerupt, Audino etc. After all if you get the ring at the late game pokemon like those become useless.

15 minutes ago, Sayaman said:

I think the best time to introduce mega evolution would be in the middle of a games's progression but the catch would be that you only get a few megastones of the most weak  mega evolutions at first. Like mega Camerupt, Audino etc. After all if you get the ring at the late game pokemon like those become useless.

completely agree with you but since we already have mega stone for heracross, i don't think we can get mega ring before fighting saki as it will make us too OP