Pokemon Insurgence Discussion Thread

Filthy Casual

21 hours ago, Froiky said:

Edit: So there's an issue with applying the patch. I've extracted the patch into my Pokemon Insurgence folder, but nothing's changed. On an Insurgence help page I read that I need version 1.2 to use the most recent patch, but I have an older version (1.1.6). Anyone have an idea of how to apply the patch with this older version?

You can't.  Just download the latest available core (1.2.3) and play from the launcher in that folder.   

(Also, without quoting, mentioning [ @Froiky ], or making a new comment    most people won't see an edit to respond to once we reached the next page).

Edited by seki108

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, laggless01 said:

Welp, my game keeps crashing during the dialogue after the trainer battle in Gaea Core (at the point where the female colleague says "Hope you don't turn traitor like SPOILER" or something). Has this to do with the servers being sh*te again?

Probably yes. I still can't understand why would a developer create a game that won't function w/o internet connection and functioning servers though... Such a bad decision...

Just now, Jess said:

Probably yes. I still can't understand why would a developer create a game that won't function w/o internet connection and functioning servers though... Such a bad decision...

It functions, but on important battles (like leaders) it doesn't (and Rope-boy is rather important I guess). It's also annoying that I can't look up the delta pokemon to see what kind of nature would be the most interesting (so I can pick from my armada of Synchronize Abras...) because of it...
The worst part is there's no idea when when it will get its act together...

Just now, laggless01 said:

It functions, but on important battles (like leaders) it doesn't (and Rope-boy is rather important I guess). It's also annoying that I can't look up the delta pokemon to see what kind of nature would be the most interesting (so I can pick from my armada of Synchronize Abras...) because of it...
The worst part is there's no idea when when it will get its act together...

It is only working half of the time then. For a game to function half of the time is just as good as not working at all in my book. That is, because I'd hate it if my save file got corrupted somehow because of this.

Every developer make their games work as standalone games. 

I might want to go to holidays to my grandma's house, where she has no net. I will be forced to not play. Or, perhaps we have a power outage, so I decide to play on my laptop's battery for the 1 hour it might take for power to come back on.

There are many reasons why a game MUST work at 100% without an internet connection (apart from the Online Play of course). 

But this means that a game must be built in such a way that online features are absolutely redundant with regards to it's storyline/plot elements. If not, it is a HUGE mistake made by the Devs.

When it comes to the Deltas, they have same stats as their original version, so the most beneficial nature is obvious :) 

You can ask me about anything you'd like, since I'm doing a Delta monorun and have used quite a lot of them.

3 minutes ago, Jess said:

It is only working half of the time then. For a game to function half of the time is just as good as not working at all in my book. That is, because I'd hate it if my save file got corrupted somehow because of this.

Every developer make their games work as standalone games. 

I might want to go to holidays to my grandma's house, where she has no net. I will be forced to not play. Or, perhaps we have a power outage, so I decide to play on my laptop's battery for the 1 hour it might take for power to come back on.

There are many reasons why a game MUST work at 100% without an internet connection (apart from the Online Play of course). 

But this means that a game must be built in such a way that online features are absolutely redundant with regards to it's storyline/plot elements. If not, it is a HUGE mistake made by the Devs.

When it comes to the Deltas, they have same stats as their original version, so the most beneficial nature is obvious :) 

You can ask me about anything you'd like, since I'm doing a Delta monorun and have used quite a lot of them.

Not quite, since some get more offensive/defensive abilities/types/movesets in their Delta-version. Like for example Sap Sipper (Dragon) Goodra vs. Water Absorb (Water/Ground) D-Goodra. So while the former could prefer an offensive-boosting one, the latter has more tanking-like features.

The online elements are iirc. for e.g. data outside the gym ("It took the average player X times to beat the gym"), I'm not sure how the game would be able to store the data you create when you fight those to send later to the server, so that's going to be hard to solve...it's just really annoying that they can't get a reliable server to handle it.

If you know everything about deltas, do you know how to get that small one hanging around the Holon Undercavern in it's own "elevated pool"? I have no clue how to scale it, nor which one is sitting there.

1 minute ago, laggless01 said:

Not quite, since some get more offensive/defensive abilities/types/movesets in their Delta-version. Like for example Sap Sipper (Dragon) Goodra vs. Water Absorb (Water/Ground) D-Goodra. So while the former could prefer an offensive-boosting one, the latter has more tanking-like features.

The online elements are iirc. for e.g. data outside the gym ("It took the average player X times to beat the gym"), I'm not sure how the game would be able to store the data you create when you fight those to send later to the server, so that's going to be hard to solve...it's just really annoying that they can't get a reliable server to handle it.

If you know everything about deltas, do you know how to get that small one hanging around the Holon Undercavern in it's own "elevated pool"? I have no clue how to scale it, nor which one is sitting there.

I see what you mean. I'm sorry, I'm much earlier in game, just defeated the E4 actually.

The online elements are useless for those things. Why would we care about how many people challenged a Gym and how many attempts they needed in average? I only care about finding a strategy to defeat the Gym myself.

It is a nice touch, but, if you can't get it to consistently work, it is worth that useless, since it endangers the game's stability.

My point is that they should've thought of it and coded it in such a way, so that if server is down, these labels display the latest live value, keeping it stored in a variable (maybe creating a txt in game's folder). I'm not familiar with RPG maker coding, but I have done a lot of coding in my life and I don't think that adding an IF statement would be impossible, even though itwould need some thinking on how to bypass those issues.

So, I stick to my point that it is a lack of consideration of possible issues by the developers.

18 hours ago, Jess said:

I see what you mean. I'm sorry, I'm much earlier in game, just defeated the E4 actually.

The online elements are useless for those things. Why would we care about how many people challenged a Gym and how many attempts they needed in average? I only care about finding a strategy to defeat the Gym myself.

It is a nice touch, but, if you can't get it to consistently work, it is worth that useless, since it endangers the game's stability.

My point is that they should've thought of it and coded it in such a way, so that if server is down, these labels display the latest live value, keeping it stored in a variable (maybe creating a txt in game's folder). I'm not familiar with RPG maker coding, but I have done a lot of coding in my life and I don't think that adding an IF statement would be impossible, even though itwould need some thinking on how to bypass those issues.

So, I stick to my point that it is a lack of consideration of possible issues by the developers.

Ah. So you're now going to the region I'm almost through. Well, good luck with all those deltas, as there are probably more in this part of the game than you've seen up to this point although they're not as easy to get.

I'm not sure if all they do is giving statistics, I only know those are certainly depending on it. It is possible they actually are also sending data on what teams those trainers hold. For balancing (or tweaking the difficulty), it would technically be easier to change the team on the server and have that sent to players when taking on those trainers rather than constantly create updated versions containing rebalanced teams. Still a nightmare if you can't guarantee a decent server, but really convenient if you can.
I'm not a developer on it, so I don't know how reasonable it is to remove/alter some parts of the server-connectivity requirements. Therefore, I'm personally rather reserved on criticizing it until I'm amply informed. It is rather painful to have the game break down during mandatory parts, though. That should have been considered in the first place.
EDIT: Apparently, if you disconnect from the internet before starting, the game works fine in these spots as long as you don't have an internet connection. Peculiar, but I'll take it. Now, what to do after Gaea Core...

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm pretty intrigued by Insurgence, and I want to try it for the Deltas I saw in @Jess's run and I have a few questions:

-How complete is the game?

-Does it run well? (I've seen a number of posts about its problems) 

-Where should I download it?

8 hours ago, U-M said:

So I'm pretty intrigued by Insurgence, and I want to try it for the Deltas I saw in @Jess's run and I have a few questions:

-How complete is the game?

-Does it run well? (I've seen a number of posts about its problems) 

-Where should I download it?

• Totally complete, I guess.
  • Yup. The latest version runs well.
  • Just search it on Google. You will find many links.

20 minutes ago, BRS swag said:
  • Totally complete, I guess

Except for a few TM's and Mega Stones that they don't seem to be in a rush to add.......and having to choose between either 1) a patch that leaves out a few Legendaries and legendary-related items  or 2) a patch that breaks Delta breeding completely.   Aside from those and numerous bugs, it's complete more or less.

• 2 months later...

1. I can't fullscreen. Only option is huge, and I heard fullscreen got removed along the way, which from what I see is inexcusable. REBORN WORKS, WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE THEM, DEVS.

2. The controls are fixed (and for some reason A is C and B is X, which is REALLY annoying.)

Any help on fixing these issues? I know this shouldn't matter that much, but it's shitty game design and it's honestly bothering me. If not I'll just wing it or something.

Ah nevermind... I can change controls now. Somehow. Maybe the A B button mixup caused me to cancel everytime I tried changing keybinds. That leaves the fullscreen issue. Which I can probably get used to.

I'll commend you for being smart enough to bring this up anywhere that isn't the Insurgence forums. Chances are that had you posted this there the devs would react with a ban warning (not even kidding). Sad to say, however, there aren't too many things many reborn players can do to help

Just now, Wolfox said:

I'll commend you for being smart enough to bring this up anywhere that isn't the Insurgence forums. Chances are that had you posted this there the devs would react with a ban warning (not even kidding). Sad to say, however, there aren't too many things many reborn players can do to help

Wait what???

The devs are that bad?...

I think I'll congratulate me being too lazy to another forum account...

Holy hell... the game seems really interesting so far. (Despite the really eyehurting choppy graphics when I set it to huge, IT'S LIKE THE WORLD IS TRYING TO HIDE ITSELF FROM FALLING APART).

2 minutes ago, Fad said:

Wait what???

The devs are that bad?...

I think I'll congratulate me being too lazy to another forum account...

Holy hell... the game seems really interesting so far. (Despite the really eyehurting choppy graphics when I set it to huge, IT'S LIKE THE WORLD IS TRYING TO HIDE ITSELF FROM FALLING APART).

@Jess can provide proof that the devs are indeed that bad

Just now, Wolfox said:

@Jess can provide proof that the devs are indeed that bad

Oh come on... so far the game has such good concepts with the delta pokemon and all that... and on top of that it's actually finished. Cheesus crust, if I ever become part of their dev team, I'd sabotage the game.

Just now, Fad said:

Oh come on... so far the game has such good concepts with the delta pokemon and all that... and on top of that it's actually finished. Cheesus crust, if I ever become part of their dev team, I'd sabotage the game.

You don't need to do that, because Insurgence is riddled with bugs. @Wolfox, @Jess and @seki108 can attest to that.

we can indeed. And some of those bugs are obvious enough that they could be dealt with during the Beta testing. granted when you have a big  2 Beta testers, you can understand what went wrong

Just now, Zargerth said:

You don't need to do that, because Insurgence is riddled with bugs. @Wolfox, @Jess and @seki108 can attest to that.

Just now, Wolfox said:

we can indeed. And some of those bugs are obvious enough that they could be dealt with during the Beta testing. granted when you have a big  2 Beta testers, you can understand what went wrong

TWO. TWO BETA TESTERS.... I'm laughing. I'm laughing so much. It hurts. Who.... who the fuck is in charge..

And of course I tried to go on the forums and it's blank on my PC.

eca.png

Yeah as Wolfox said , the game is very good to play but not on reborn level.

Concerning the story , on one moment there was an huge opportunity to do something very great but they missed up ( i won't spoil , and it's just my opinion ) 

Just now, Wolfox said:

Insurgence is still fun to play, just don't expect it to reach up to Reborn levels tho

Just now, Zarc said:

Yeah as Wolfox said , the game is very good to play but not on reborn level.

Concerning the story , on one moment there was an huge opportunity to do something very great but they missed up ( i won't spoil , and it's just my opinion ) 

Ah I see. But the bugs and story still kind of concern me, so for now, I think I'll stick to Rejuvenation, for now. Maybe play Insurgence on the side. Missed opportunities are a personal pet peeve, though Zarc. But if the game can make up for it, maaaaybe I can let it slide.