DarkFighter15

What you want for gen 8  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What you want for gen 8?

• Mega evolutions
    • Z-crystals
    • New Pokemon forms out of original
    • Something completely new and unique!

New forms is closest, but what I really want is something like the way Wormadam works - the same pokemon can have slightly different stats, movesets, and secondary typings depending on where or how you evolve it. (Reborn kind of has this with Alolan Raichu, Exeggutor, and Marowak, but since there's not a way to pick which one of those you want in official pokemon games, I'm still saying Wormadam's the only real example we have.) This would probably work best with just entirely new pokemon, though. There might be a few existing ones it could work for (maybe Poliwrath's secondary type could be Fighting, Dark, or Steel depending on where it evolves, or something like that), but it would be a lot easier to just do it on new ones.

• 2 weeks later...

With regional forms being introduced in cannon in gen 7 I think gen 8 should expand on it a bit. We've gotten a good deal of mega evolutions and Z-crystals seem unique to Alola.

Also, the last post was only two weeks ago so I don't think this is a necro post. If it is I'm sorry. 

Forgotten pokemon buffed to the point where they are on pair with the others and no unnesseccary buffs to already very good pokemon. Since mega evolution and Z-moves are already out, there is no chance to brick them, make some more I guess but give them to pokemon like Quagsire, not Arcanine. 

And no more TEAM (insert name). Has creativity gone to shit that bad?

• 1 month later...

It'd be cool if they brought back some older things to the games I liked the mini game like things (Pokeathelon, bug catching contests, ruins of alph puzzle sliding tiles, old game corner), Hoenn contests/berry system (honestly loved making pokeblocks), the three rods and fishing anywhere maybe just have the bubbling ones for special catches if done at all, optional follower pokemon, naming your rival, apricorns and Kurt, non talking pokedex it feels like Zelda from Spirit tracks or Navi they and it's annoying would rather the dex set up from Alpha and Omega, NPC trades (Idk why but I loved doing them), Run toggle, department store, secret bases, Treasure beach (Was fun to dowse there everyday, more lore about the region I liked having a good amount of lore that's intractable with, Marage spots like alpha and omega it was fun to fly around battle in the sky and find the places everyday, Honey/headbutt trees, hidden grottos, Field moves that get you items,  Survival island from Diamond,

Keep the idea level up isle with a Nursery

New fossil pokemon, name rater like reborn, unique places for the catchable legendaires/mythicals like Birth Island, distortion world or Mysterious dungeon where once you catch the said legend pokemon fill into the place

From TCG Delta pokemon which are kinda like the alola forms, possibly some of the moves

Thanks for removing my double post @Ice Cream Sand Witch

What I want is for megas to come back so Milotic can finally get one.  What I'll probably get instead is some new gimmick that Gamefreak's tries real hard to push as "better than mega evolution" even though it won't be.  In that case, the most I can do is hope Milotic gets some of that new gimmick action.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Lorisaur said:

I don't want anything to be honest, just maybe some alternative forms or new items/abilities to make viable worse forgotten pokemon such as Cryogonal, Octillery, Sunflora, Silvally, Golisopod and so on

Sunflora definetely deserves a Grass/Fire mega

1 hour ago, Ichiru said:

Sunflora definetely deserves a Grass/Fire mega

There's a thing you HAVE to know. Sunflora won a premier challenge in vgc15 in an apparently nonsense team that relied on setting both sun and trick room to sweep with Solar Beam, Earth power and so on. Solar Beam life orb solar power OHKOs Kangaskhan, Kyogre and has even a roll to kill Xerneas in vgc16. It was fairly good for being a meme, but there is a quite notorious italian meme that portraits a good vgcplayer who was saying "YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH DAMAGE DEALS SUNFLORAAAAAA" And it' really hilarous.

All this story to tell you what? Sunflora is EXTREMELY underrated. Maybe.

1) I want black and white graphics to come back. Especially for the over world like the awesome bridges.  

2) Gym leaders should have competitive movesets right from the get go just to counter the exp all mechanics.

3) A pokemon to be introduced that can counter stall very easily and make OU playable again.

• 3 weeks later...

I might get some hate on this but, I'd like Game Freak to take the 24 attack points from Mega Charizard Y and shove it on it's speed stat. Seriously, it looks faster than standard Zard and also weaker on the physical side. Plus, it would put it on a more interesting speed tier, without making it busted. Other than that, a boost in Focus Blast's accuracy and an overall stall nerf is all I could ask. 

In Gen 8, I would like it if the irrelevant Pokemon had buffs (such as mega evolution) to make them viable competitively. Pokemon fusions would be cool for Gen 8, now that I think about it. Maybe, the mechanics for fusion could be the same as the DNA Splicers for Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem. And I hope they don't make the game hand-holdy with the tutorials and make the game easy overall. If anything, make the Exp Share available until post-game.

More eviolite-like items that have different effects so that basic and middle stage Pokemon aren't just imcomplete versions of their fully evolved forms. Yeah, I get that we don't want to just make the unevolved, or partially evolved versions just blatantly better, (Hi, Chansey), but It would be nice if you like Flaaffy's design more than Ampharos' to be able to use Flaaffy and not feel like you're playing with a handicap. 

I'd actually like to see you be able to take your Pokemon somewhere, trade in an everstone, and permanently lose that Pokemon's ability to evolve in exchange for some kind of buff.