Reborn[E18] and Rejuvenation[V12] Battle Music Packs

Dreamy

• Global Mods
14 hours ago, a_scrub said:

How did you make the modpack? Whenever I try to change the filenames in trainertypes.dat, i get an error message unless it is the same length as before.

You have to edit the trainers.txt version of the file from the PBS and then recompile the game to make the new trainers.dat file. as soy said the workaround for replacing a track or two is to rename the music you're adding to match the ones you want to replace

• Thanks 1

Is the file formatted as mp3? I tried using audio files different from mp3 and it was just silent. And how do I know? Stand users are fated to meet each other. And damn, sorry for late response.

The only thing I can think of is that it might be too long. (Perhaps more than 10 minutes. Though, I’m not sure if there is a limit on how long can the music be or not, but it may factor?) Or something happened when you installed the mp3 tracks; turning it silent, so you might want to re-install the tracks, or the files are incorrectly named. Other than that, I’m out of ideas, sorry. :(

managed to get some working - something to with the songs  i think. i got their WAVs and used a site to convert them into mp3s. now i need music for everyone else...

Thanks for the help!

Edited by a_scrub

The audio pack for Reborn does not work for Reborn Redux, Testing at Julia after merging folders
Julia's music changed to the normal trainer battle music

Edit: Music correctly plays on Normal team, Music plays incorrectly when the Master Team option is selected
Assuming cause trainertypes.dat doesnt know of the Master battles

• Global Mods
10 hours ago, keyblade336 said:

The audio pack for Reborn does not work for Reborn Redux, Testing at Julia after merging folders
Julia's music changed to the normal trainer battle music

Edit: Music correctly plays on Normal team, Music plays incorrectly when the Master Team option is selected
Assuming cause trainertypes.dat doesnt know of the Master battles

Yeah that's correct, If you overwrite redux or similars trainer files, you'll basically lose any other trainer types that they've added, so it's not recommended

As for the loading issues  with replacing individual tracks, I'm not going to pretend I know the ins and outs of RMXP music loading rules so all I can say is try mimic what's there as closely as possible, and good luck

6 hours ago, Dreamblitz said:

Yeah that's correct, If you overwrite redux or similars trainer files, you'll basically lose any other trainer types that they've added, so it's not recommended

As for the loading issues  with replacing individual tracks, I'm not going to pretend I know the ins and outs of RMXP music loading rules so all I can say is try mimic what's there as closely as possible, and good luck

Ahhh, ill have the track play on media player while i do the gym on master mode thens lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
9 hours ago, DraculOkeanos said:

Does Sirius not have his own theme, or is the idea that he keeps the 'old' Meteor Admin theme as his own because ZEL and Taka got their own themes?

It's been a while, but yeah I'm pretty sure that was the reasoning. didn't want the existing theme to go unused, so it became "his" theme since he should now be the only one using it? don't remember exactly though.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I was trying to add the Pokemon Rejuvenation Music pack and all that, just merging it into the original Rejuvenation game folder, and I come up to the first Ren fight ingame. The music that played was the original Battle - Rival theme. Was wondering if there was something I could have done wrong or if this is normal. Ren's theme I know is the Battle- Quake file.

I just downloaded the newest version of Pokemon Rejuvenation today for clarity. I don't know if it matters though.

Thanks for any help!

So I installed the pack and got it set up and stuff, then challenged Flora but her theme doesn't start playing? It just keeps playing the theme of the bewitched woods. It works just fine when I put her theme on via the jukebox but it doesn't initiate by itself

On 11/13/2020 at 2:16 PM, Grunter The Lucky said:

So I installed the pack and got it set up and stuff, then challenged Flora but her theme doesn't start playing? It just keeps playing the theme of the bewitched woods. It works just fine when I put her theme on via the jukebox but it doesn't initiate by itself

14 minutes ago, Jem said:

so i did what the first post said to do but it doesnt work the first battle with melia is the same theme

Are both of you doing the Redux/modded game versions?
The music plays during the "Singles" battle listing if you fight against them in that because the music specifically targets trainer file tags

9 hours ago, keyblade336 said:

The music plays during the "Singles" battle listing if you fight against them in that because the music specifically targets trainer file tags

it was working just the first melia fight does not have the same theme

On 11/19/2020 at 8:45 AM, keyblade336 said:

I play on vanilla rejuv, actually after bettling flora i haven't had this issue with themes not playing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Quick question, if I were to want to change Samson and Hardy's themes around, what program would be best to edit the file with? I tried with a couple but it ended up causing the game to snag when getting in battles, so I'm wondering if there are any programs that wouldn't cause that to happen.