• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Sparkin'

Fair enough.

Anyway, Newt, I've got no reason to distrust you nor reason to trust you.

According to my predictions, a mafia member would try their best to be a Marketplace Owner today, and so I have decided to vote you.
I will not be satisfied until you die.

Also, Drakyle-sama is right, reverse psychology is not something you try to use as Town, even if you're trying to get the others to not vote you, since Mafia also does the same as a sign of having given up.

Resuming, do your best or die.

EDIT: Translated

Edited by Sparkin'

Alright... Let's pause for a minute.

I'm seeing an inordinate amount of trolling and hard feelings in this game and in Circus mafia. Playing around here has been kinda intense lately. I don't mean to act as a paragon of self-control and serenity, because I too have been a bit too passionate about some stuff in Circus. I apologize for this. Some of my posts were probably harsher than they should have been.

In any case, please, to everyone playing both here and in the other mafia: these are just games. We're doing this to have fun, together. We're not doing this to create personal conflicts, to have ill-spirited fun at the expense of others, or as an outlet to our personal anger and frustration.

Yes, we all want to win. Yes, it's annoying when people are playing against you and/or don't want to see things your way. But ultimately, performing in this game matters less than preserving the cohesion of our little community. This is the first time I see such heated and passive-aggressive discussions in our games, and it worries me a bit.

So please, let's cool down a little. Let's avoid posts that are solely meant to troll and not to contribute to the actual game in any way. And let's not forget that we're just players on a forum, and have no causes to ignite personal, actual dislike of each other. Not over things like trying to guess someone's alignment or lynching another player. They're just not worth it.

I for one will do my best to keep playing in a respectful and appropriate way. I encourage everyone to do the same.

This post is not meant as a warning to some players in particular; I merely wanted to share my concerns, and hopefully we can all resume playing on healthy foundations. Thank you for reading.

Guest Sparkin'

Anyway, I'm sorry for what I've done Alistair, I think I went a bit overboard with the posts. In order to compensate what I've done, I'll stop playing around and take this game seriously, as you suggested.

Even with this changes of attitudes, I still find Newt's attitude non-town, as he simply dismisses the logic of everyone who tries to accuse him and is trying to buy votes with reasons I cannot understand. I'll not change my vote.

1. Venus - Town
2. Sosobean - Town
3. Alistair - Town
4. Amine Chankey3ft7 - Town
5. Lord Drakyle - Town?

6. Bazaro - Town??

7. Newt - Mafia
8. LykosHand - Mafia
9. Paul25 - Mafia?

10. DigitalAmber - ???
11. Jace Stormkirk - ???
12. NickCrash - ???
13. Meteor Admin Divergent - ???

It is obvious that I am claiming to be Town, and the following players below me are as well.

sosobean and Amine Chankey have been acting as their town counterparts, which means that it's very likely that they are the same in this game. Meta-Info is sometimes often referred as lame by some, but it's effective, and it's only dismissed by those that consider it bad for their side. Meta-Clearing themselves is what also makes others scummy, and it's also often used by Mafia to Meta-Clear themselves. Resuming, this is the first time that Meta-Info is used here, and so it will be the only time that it'll be real. Same for Bazaro

Alistair's call to people been trolling is certainly a towny reaction (It's not like I behaved like that to get that reaction or anything) showing that he would like to have people take this game seriously, in order for victory to be truly something achievable.

As for Lord Drakyle, I'm always considering him town, because I always know whenever he behaves scum. Call it my instincts calling.

@Alistair Too late. Newt and I have already scheduled our boxing match (no rulez) for tonight. 

Jokes aside, as I said before, whatever happens in mafia, stays in mafia. 

I consider myself playing a character in the game, and I suppose everyone else does as well. Thus, you might see an exaggerated version of myself, and I believe others are trying to do just that. No harsh feelings. If there's a misunderstanding between players, they can sort it themselves, perhaps over a pm convo.

That said, the boxing match still stands. 

Trolling can be considered a valid strategy to derail the conversation. Some players might get caught in the mayhem and forget critical info. Too scummy tho 

Well you know what they say; better safe than sorry.

also trolling might be an efficient strategy but it's still not something we condone here; trolling is discouraged in Reborn and this club is still part of Reborn

Trolling is trolling; strategy is strategy. They are indeed totally different things. Trolling is banned, whereas strategy is an integral part of this type of games. I'm not saying you guys can't be evil little schemers and try different things to obtain information from the other players. The goal is still to have fun in smart and creative ways, and do our best to win!

The forum guidelines already state what isn't tolerated, so I see no reason to reiterate that here.

Just be respectful of others, play by the rules (both the forum rules and the game rules), and there shouldn't be any issue.

This is intended as my last post about this topic here, no more hijacking your game Alisae-sama, pinkie promise.

Well I dunno what you deem as trolling and what is strategy since that is very much an opinion based grey area, what I do know is that no matter which side i'm on, if i'm alive at the end my team wins, i'm not much of a team player but I do know it's easier to stay true to my own way of doing things, the things I understand, i'm not gonna put on a mask or face and act like someone i'm not, which is exactly why I am able to pull of being an independent player, not a team player. Now I don't know nor care if you think what I'm doing is trolling since you are not me, you do not know my mind nor do I know yours or care to, i'm not ruining anyone's fun, i'm not ruining anyone's game and i'm following my strategy. If ya don't like that it ain't my problem since unless I am mistaken, I actually do well in games like this because I usually don't shift from my view however this has gone off topic for far too long now.

I really don't understand what anyone is aiming for lynching the same person you want to make the one in control of the auctions, it's illogical.

Hi my schedule got opened thanks to the American Government system.

Trolling can be a strategy, especially if it's to provoke people. People are much more likely to make mistakes and say things they don't want to when they're angry, so emotional manipulation is definitely a viable strategy in a game like this. Anything goes as long as you win, right? What happens in these games stays in these pages anyways, and no one should carry anything from this outside of here.

And like mentioned, it can be used to derail conversations away from important topics like right now.

That said, I can't say for sure who's what at this point. RNG hates my guts so I know better than to leave lynch to that, so I'm gonna [Eliminate Jace] sorry bud

EDIT: Typed wrong name oops

Tfw i keep forgetting to post...maybe i should stop playing mafia, i died in 90%nof the games i played cause i didnt meet the post requirements and/or gave good analysis.. sigh

That said, i'll think i did not vote? [Lynch] Jace Stormkirk

i agree with Dive's reasoning, also @Venus

Spoiler

I

Spoiler

Have

Spoiler

Wasted

Spoiler

5 minutes

Spoiler

Reading that

Spoiler

Fuck you >:[

Its night friends!

Vote Count 1.4

Jace Stormkirk (8) - Meteor Agent Divergent, Alistair, Lord Drakyle, Paul25, Newt, LykosHand, Bazaro, Amine Chankey3ft7, Venus
Newt (4) - sosobean, Jace Stormkirk, NickCrash, DigitalAmber

Election Count 1.4

Newt (7) - Newt, Alistair, LykosHand, sosobean, Paul25, Meteor Agent Divergent, Anime Chankey3ft7
Sosobean (3) - Bazaro, NickCrash, Jace Stormkirk

Not Voting (3) - DigitalAmber, Lord Darkyle, Venus

sosobean was shot night 1. He was a Vanilla Townie.

(also I fucked up with the end day update so I fixed some of the numbers it should be good now I hope)

The following abilities are up for auction now!

1-shot Tracker

2-shot Doctor

1-shot Doctor

1-shot Cop