X% Hype!!! [E18 Dev Discussion Thread]

Amethyst

8 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

I don't think that Titania and the MC can be considered "Friends" after this. Then again, We "Managed to avoid Drowning" because of her.

I disagree.  I mean, in the Reshiram path, we essentially "help" Titania in freeing herself from her toxic relationship with Amaria, and that's something that I don't think can be underestimated.  She's not great at expressing feelings, but I would think she's probably more grateful to us in the Reshiram path than she would be in Zekrom.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tacos said:

I disagree.  I mean, in the Reshiram path, we essentially "help" Titania in freeing herself from her toxic relationship with Amaria, and that's something that I don't think can be underestimated.  She's not great at expressing feelings, but I would think she's probably more grateful to us in the Reshiram path than she would be in Zekrom.

The guy probably means the MC might not want to be friends with Titania and not the other way around, considering Taka helped us out throughout the game especially in the Desert parts (heck he even has a relationship point if you say yes to the "is he your boyfriend" question in the Train town) and she just killed him out of nowhere.

I mean the MC is really just whoever we make them so I can see your point but that all comes down to your thoughts about Titania.  In my eyes, I recognize what she did was an accident, and despite Taka being my favorite character, I wouldn't hold what happened against her.  Though of course that opinion is bound to change from person to person.

2 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

I don't think that Titania and the MC can be considered "Friends" after this. Then again, We "Managed to avoid Drowning" because of her.

I don't see why not. Regrets or not Taka actively aided in the deaths of a lot of people during the Tangrowth attack. If not for Cal's sabotage he would also have been responsible for the destruction of Apophyll Academy and the death of everyone present, including us. Sure he felt bad, but I don't really see why that should matter. You can argue that Meteor would have killed him had he left and okay, but just following orders IS NOT a defense. He IS/was guilty of mass murder.

Titania killing him was an accident, and while regrettable, is not a decision that was wrong. If she had been able to kill Lin then that's it. Meteor would have been basically finished. Everything else would have been clean-up. Not anticipating Lin's trick is NOT Titania's fault. The correct decision remains the correct decision regardless of how things turned out.

35 minutes ago, wcv said:

I don't see why not. Regrets or not Taka actively aided in the deaths of a lot of people during the Tangrowth attack. If not for Cal's sabotage he would also have been responsible for the destruction of Apophyll Academy and the death of everyone present, including us. Sure he felt bad, but I don't really see why that should matter. You can argue that Meteor would have killed him had he left and okay, but just following orders IS NOT a defense. He IS/was guilty of mass murder.

Titania killing him was an accident, and while regrettable, is not a decision that was wrong. If she had been able to kill Lin then that's it. Meteor would have been basically finished. Everything else would have been clean-up. Not anticipating Lin's trick is NOT Titania's fault. The correct decision remains the correct decision regardless of how things turned out.

Would it be bad if I compared Taka to a Soldier committing mass murder because his superiors said so?

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

Would it be bad if I compared Taka to a Soldier committing mass murder because his superiors said so?

You can if you want to, but like I said “just following orders” is not a defense.

Edit: And I'm not saying that any of this means he necessarily deserved to be executed. Just that Titania isn't in the wrong.

Edited by wcv

I'd consider his disposition to be more accurate as "conflicted familial loyalty."  He knew what he was doing was wrong, but he was afraid to be disloyal to his father because he still viewed him so highly. 

Taka actually gives some insight to how Meteor came to be as it is now.

From the way he talks about Meteor, it seemed that originally Meteor wasn't doing crazy things like using PULSEs to blow up cities.

Before it seemed to be a more passive group by comparison.

It probably just tried to make Reborn a place where no one would want to live instead of killing everyone in it.

According to Taka, Meteor only went full on terrorist group when Lin took over.

So Taka is highly conflicted.

He can't betray his father, who simply wants to protect the shrine his family is dedicated to protect.

But he's too disturbed by Meteor's destructive tendencies to be fully committed. 

So when he's given his final chance and fails, he decides to quit and tries to hide, ultimately dying for his freedom, which he seems to have no qualms about. 

But that's the Reshiram path.

The Zekrom path we have yet to see what he does there.

Will he continue being what he has been and silently protesting against Meteor, or completely turn against his father?

Guess we'll find out.

17 hours ago, Tacos said:

This is correct, if you look at the relationship points, your more likely to have a positive relationship with Amaria and a negative one with Titania on the Zekrom path while its the other way around on the Reshiram path. The only way to get a positive with both of them is taking the Zekrom path and giving Titania blue moon ice cream  and making unorthodox decisions

31 minutes ago, Lorisaur said:

I'm sorry if it has nothing to do with what we are saying, but... I was wandering if we'll ever get a sort of battle frontier in this game, before or later?

I forget whether Ame said there is 100% gonna be a battle frontier or said she is considering it.

i've stated this in a different topic already, but i would like to hear more opinions on this thought of mine.

Do you guys think that there is a slight chance that saphira will have a Naganadel instead of a Mega Evolution ?

I realise that the chances for that to happen are very slim but it would ad a shocking twist.

After all she is Reborn's strongest Gym Leader so why not show it by adding some spice to her team(if you know what i mean).

It would tell us (the player): She's the strongest Gym leader for a reason and when it comes to gym battles, she never pulls her punches.

It would also reflect her ruthless nature.

3 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

i've stated this in a different topic already, but i would like to hear more opinions on this thought of mine.

Do you guys think that there is a slight chance that saphira will have a Naganadel instead of a Mega Evolution ?

I realise that the chances for that to happen are very slim but it would ad a shocking twist.

After all she is Reborn's strongest Gym Leader so why not show it by adding some spice to her team(if you know what i mean).

It would tell us (the player): She's the strongest Gym leader for a reason and when it comes to gym battles, she never pulls her punches.

It would also reflect her ruthless nature.

Why are we here, just to suffer.

Day before Yesterday was Ame's birthday. Tomorrow is actually Masahiro Sakurai's birthday.

9 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Why are we here, just to suffer.

Day before Yesterday was Ame's birthday. Tomorrow is actually Masahiro Sakurai's birthday.

Well... it would be an insane challenge.

Dragonite with it's Dragon's Den boosted Multiscale.

And Naganadel with Beast Boost and STAB+Field Boosted Draco Meteors.

Wonder how well AV Tyranitar would take on of those.

1 hour ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Well... it would be an insane challenge.

Dragonite with it's Dragon's Den boosted Multiscale.

And Naganadel with Beast Boost and STAB+Field Boosted Draco Meteors.

Wonder how well AV Tyranitar would take on of those.

You'd have to bring in a steel type to resist dragon and not be affected by poison. Anything else gets bodied on the spot.

6 minutes ago, Zander said:

You'd have to bring in a steel type to resist dragon and not be affected by poison. Anything else gets bodied on the spot.

Aegislash maybe ?

That would probably be the safest bet.

Also, the main reason i brought up Naganadel, is because i don't see her having any dragon mega.

Mega-Chomp is probably reserved for Solaris.

Mega-Mence is probably reserved for Heather.

Mega-Zard X gets outspeed and ohkoed by Garchomp if it doesn't get the set up.

Mega Sceptile is to frail and would get walled by Aegislash.

1 minute ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Aegislash maybe ?

That would probably be the safest bet.

Yeah, set up swords dance in shield form and hope Naganadel doesn't oko with flamethrower. Also hope that Aeigislash okos with swords dance shadow sneak. That would be too specific though and I don't really see another way to win the battle. Even a mega Metagross gets destroyed.

1 minute ago, Zander said:

Yeah, set up swords dance in shield form and hope Naganadel doesn't oko with flamethrower. Also hope that Aeigislash okos with swords dance shadow sneak. That would be too specific though and I don't really see another way to win the battle. Even a mega Metagross gets destroyed.

Unless we get Choice Scarf before the gym fight with her, then i would called it fair game.

Mon's like Scarf Chomp or Scarf Hydra would beat it.

Oh lol yeah, completely forgot about that. I have a competitive Garchomp too so it should be easy. Well it still is too restricting. If catching a wild Pokemon in the grass outside doesn't help then I think it'll not be implemented. But I think you can catch a Noivern somewhere in the wild and scarfed Noivern is pretty fast. Highly doubt any ubers pokemon will be there as a serious opponent though.