[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse DC; XCOM 2 Subplot: Return of the Traitor

GodofGamingRWBY

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry and Frigus

Frigus goes to absolute town on the Chryssalid, dealing 21, 22, 23, and 29 damage with each strike of his keyblade. The Chryssalid manages to survive the first, but gets knocked down on the second, and by the fourth strike, the Chryssalid was already crushed and dead, without question.

The two would then continue their way to the armory, keeping quiet and moving with care until they finally opened the room to find a smaller room filled to the bring with boxes, weaponry, and armor, neatly organized in the room.

Combat is essentially over now.

Main Team

Lazarus managed to spare a quick glance at Aquila, then asked a question in his helmet, “Commander?” he asked, getting a response not a second later,

“Some ADVENT Transponders we sent out a week ago through the Psionic Gate. Judging by the fact that those Transponders are both in the area, I’d say that’s what they’re referring to, which means that whoever these people are, they come from another world. Or, worlds, I suppose.”

“Another world… Commander, that-”

“Opens up a lot of probabilities, yes, I know Doctor. We’ll get to that once we get the operatives out of the area.”

At Contagion’s question, Proditor merely turned his head a bit towards him, seeming to ignore all of the guns pointed at him, “ADVENT, of course. Those that you have already killed around here” he replied, one of his hands coming out to gesture towards all of the ADVENT bodies lying around the facility, “I am no friend of ADVENT, not anymore. Which is why I ask of you XCOM, or rather, the Commander, specifically, to allow me to assist you. I deserted ADVENT for a reason. I wish to do something about it” he added.

After a few seconds on XCOM’s side, the Templar merely rose a hand to her ear, “Commander? Your orders?” she asked, a hand on her pistol as she waited for the Commander’s reply.

“... Lazarus. Remove your psionic dampener and hand it to the Ethereal. If he really wants to help our cause, he’ll accept it. If he resists for any reason, shoot him.”

“Commander, what are you doing?!”

“Taking a chance with this Ethereal, Central. We NEED all of he help we can get. ADVENT is slowly starting to get more aggressive in stopping us before we can shut down the AVATAR Project. An Ethereal, a LIVE one, mind you, would be a huge step in the right direction.”

“We. Can’t. Trust it. Commander I did not take a bullet for you just so you can throw the entire operation away!”

“And I didn’t ask you to take a bullet for me, did I? You knew the risks to rescue me, and likewise, I know the risk of bringing this Ethereal in, but we’re running out of options here, Bradford, and in order to complete OUR mission, we need to be able to take these chances.”

“...”

“Menace 1-5, you have your orders. I await you back at the Avenger.”

After a second of delay, Lazarus sighed, reaching behind his head and pulling off a small, blinking purple device on the back of his helmet, hidden by the fur he kept around his armor’s neck, “Alright Ethereal. Command requires you to wear this” he said, walking forward and holding out the Psionic Dampener. There was audible distrust in Lazarus's voice, even as he followed his Commander's orders.

Proditor himself, instead of hesitating, immediately reached out to grab it, “Then I’ll do so” he said, taking the device and preparing to put it on the back of his helmet. However, before he did so, he sent out another message to both Harry and Frigus, “XCOM is here and they’re preparing to move out before ADVENT intercepts their escape route. Considering they’re likely blowing this facility up, I would suggest abandoning your search of their armory and head to the front of the building to get out of here” Proditor informed them before attaching the Psionic Dampener. Instantly, he felt it’s effects, feeling his psionic connection be disrupted to the point where he could barely keep himself in the air. XCOM had been busy with this, it seemed.

Shortly after Proditor placed the device on the back of his head, the sound of an approaching aircraft was heard, before a large, sleek and black aircraft flew above the trees, turning and hovering in the air with its large rocket thrusters. Not long afterwards, the back opened up, revealing a single figure in full armor, waving down at the group below before stepping out of sight for a few seconds, reappearing to throw down several long rope down.

Not long after, the Reaper stepped out of the shadows, walking to one of the ropes on that were thrown down, “I meant that your weapon attracted attention, fairly easily. That was all” he stated, looking at Nader as he did so before he was pulled up suddenly, the rope violently retracting to bring him back to Firebrand.

“Menace 1-5… Firebrand is here. Evacuate everyone on sight before ADVENT comes around. Prototype and Database have already set the charges and will be getting to Firebrand shortly.”

Firebrand will be forced to leave in 4 updates.

Frigus glanced around the armory room, nothing particular jumped out at him.

Then he got the message from Proditor.

"Well Doctor, I don't know who the XCOM are exactly but if they're going to blow this place up you should grab anything you want and then we need to leave.  Because I don't know about you, but I don't want to try my luck with explosives again so soon."

Frigus is ready to leave the building as soon as Harry is.

"Sure thing. Just give me a moment. . ." Harry grabbed some items quickly, before turning back to Frigus, ". . . and there." He had two grenades in his hand, along with a rifle. The grenades were quickly deposited in his backpack, and he hoisted the rifle before heading to the door.

"You sure you don't want anything? Well, let's get the hell out of here then." With that, once Frigus had exited, Harry grabbed something interesting quickly, then closed the door, and headed back in the direction that should lead out of the facility.

Spoiler

Quality of the armory: 12 (out of 20): Harry's search of the armory nets him two ADVENT Grenades that was left in the armory, and some standard Magnetic Rifles and 4 ammo clips for them.

Harry takes two grenades, and 1 mag rifle, and the clips.

Alan nodded at the templar before he took a step towards the man while he took off his admittedly odd looking clown mask. "Right, since that situation has been dealt with I just want to introduce myself by saying that my name is Alan, and that I want to know if I am allowed to bring the remains of one of those giant robot things with me on your transport". As he says this his DOOMBOT walks up to the transport as non threateningly as possible before it gingerly drops its heavy minigun inside of the transport.

When the XCOM craft flew in to the area, Nader’s initial reaction was to turn his head and torso in the direction of the vehicle (albeit with his guns still vaguely pointed in the direction of the scene with the “Ethereal” that Nader was still occasionally taking brief glances back at, and, now, pointed downwards). When he managed to get a good look at the way the vehicle was moving and landing, his voice rang out querulously. ”What the hell...?” Whatever this plane was, it used engines that were clearly far more advanced than even the Lightning Streak back home... considering that they were in the middle of ROTATING DOWNWARDS.

His fascination with the plane was so much that when the Reaper popped in and answered the question he’d tossed out just before the new alien arrived, all Nader did was stare confusedly at him for a moment before letting out a belated ”...oh yeah.”

Harry and Frigus

Random ADVENT crap: 1 (out of 100)

Bad News roll: 35

... Uh oh.

The device Harry grabs was a small, smooth, white orb with a dull purple gem in the middle, glowing a bit brightly every few seconds. It seemed fairly interesting as something extra to take from the armory. Literally 3 seconds after he picked it up though, his psionically tuned mind could sense a small ping coming from the device, right before a pillar of psionic energy erupted in the middle of the armory as they left.

And standing there was what seemed like a human, on the short side with bright, white and spikey hair, in full black armor, and a purple faceplate that covered their face, kneeling in the room. Then, they looked up, noticing Harry and Frigus standing there, beginning to rise up to his feet, reaching behind to take a strange rifle off of his back. As he did so, the two could practically begin to feel the sheer power radiating off this person, Harry more so than Frigus.

XCOM

Search Roll: 55

Contagion himself doesn't entire find much usable material on the bodies, as their weapons seem to have self destructed upon their deaths. However, he does acquire x10 Alien Alloys from their bodies!

At Alan’s question, Lazarus merely shrugged, resting his firearm as he turned to Alan, “Central likes it when we bring in materials from the field. Lets the Science Division get to work on utilizing ADVENT’s weaponry. So yes, you should be able to-” He began, only to pause and bring a hand to the side of his helmet as the Commander suddenly began to speak again,

“Shit, shit shit shit, what the hell?!”

“Menace 1-5, we have a Code Red in your area, we’re detecting a massive spike of psionic energy-”

“God dammit it's not just a massive spike it's a god damn Avatar! Prototype, Database, get out of there, NOW!”

At the sudden panic coming from their commanding officers, the Templar and Lazarus looked at each other for a second, before the Templar, grabbed one of the ropes, letting themselves get pulled up as Lazarus aimed his rifle up, aiming it at the facility, “Nevermind, get up there now, we have an Avatar on the ground!"

Proditor

Proditor himself was right about to begin floating up to XCOM’s transport before a massive psionic ping caught his attention, massive even with his senses dulled by the dampener. It felt familiar, and reminded him of his race. But at the same time, there was something different…

"If we are to prepare for what lies ahead, we need more power."

No… It couldn’t…

"Humanity is the only way we can defeat our enemy."

Angelis had actually managed to create one already...

At this realization, Proditor actually froze, staring at the facility (and by extension, the source of the ping he felt) with shock.

Firebrand will be forced to leave in 3 updates.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

"Well, fuck!" A few rapid thoughts flew through Harry's head as the pillar of energy disappeared. One, why the hell had he picked that thing up? Next, what had he actually done to set it off? And finally, quite a few variations of "Oh shit."

". . .Think this might be yours. Bye." Instinctively, Harry tossed whatever this beacon was back into the room, kicked at the door to try to close it, and turned to run. Not before checking to make sure that Frigus was coming along, and had hopefully tried to lock the door.

Basically, get to the plane.

Alan quickly realized that this might be his only opportunity to grab absolutely anything of value from this situation; this is why he ordered his DOOMBOT to climb back out of the firebrand once more and drag the nearest MEC scrap onto the vehicle while he quietly took a couple of steps backwards to get just a tiny bit closer to the only way out. "What the hell is an Avatar?".

Frigus does indeed react quickly to the sudden threat.  Turning around and locking the door in a split second, then running to catch up with Harry.

As soon as they made it to an open enough area he grabbed Harry's shoulder and summoned his Keyblade glider before attempting to fly to wherever the XCOM ship was.

Frigus locks the door then GTFOs on his glider, picking up Harry on his way.

Harry and Frigus

Once Harry threw the device at the Avatar, they simply raised a hand to catch it, looking down at it for a second before beginning to walk forward, just as Frigus locked the door to the armory, before the two ran the hell away from it.

Everyone else

“They’re ADVENT’s best troops and one you really don’t want to cross on a bad day, now GET IN!” Lazarus yelled, taking a few steps back towards the ropes as four figures ran out of the building. Two were Harry and Frigus, now flying up on Frigus’s glider to Firebrand as Proditor began to fly upwards himself to get into the ship. The other two were a man and woman, both helmeted, with the man being in dark green armor with a sword on their bad and the woman in white armor, a plus sign on their shoulder pad, and a floating droid keeping up after her as they ran to Firebrand, 

“About time you two got here, get up!” Lazarus yelled as they approached, letting them get up as DOOMBOT managed to get one of the MEC Wreckage up into Firebrand before the Skirmisher turned to grab one of the ropes himself, letting it bring him up as Firebrand began to pull away and close the back hatch.

As it did so, the party could see the Avatar teleport up to the top of the facility with a purple explosion, staring at the ship as it began to fly away. Then, it turned around, teleporting again as a large explosion came out of the facility, engulfing it and the surrounding area in flame.

Firebrand

Then, the hatch closed, leaving the party in darkness before it was lighten up by a bright red light, revealing the entire seating area, barely big enough to fit the party with seats, including the XCom squad, who were now seating in their own seats next to the hatch, still full of energy. Before any of them could speak though, the intercom for the ship came to life, with the familiar voice of the Commander speaking through it,

“Good work Menace 1-5. That’s one less laboratory we have to worry about. And good work to you as well, those from other realities. I’m thankful that our experiment with the transponders came out with good results. I’m looking forward to meeting you all in person” she stated, before cutting the message off. 

After that, the woman in the white armor looked at the group, taking off their helmet to reveal a more average, everyday, blonde haired woman looking at them, “So, you’re all from other worlds? I didn’t even think that ADVENT had technology that could contact places like that” she said as the robot that floated around her nodded, wordlessly agreeing with it’s caretaker,

“They always have. That’s what the Codex are for” Lazarus instantly replied before leaning forward, turning his head to look at the group, noticeably averting his gaze to avoid Proditor, who was more towards the back end of the storage area, barely fitting in the space given there, “... But, needless to say, it’s nice to finally be getting some backup. Haven’t gotten any more troops in five months.”

Aquila finally takes off his helmet, revealing the rather nasty scaring along his face as he takes a seat. He sets his shield in front of himself.

"So, to clarify for myself... those were beings from another planet? I assume they must be if my shield reacted to them. It's kind of disappointing if they are, I always imagined that beings from other planes could take me in a fair fight."

"Pretty sure." Harry replied to the man with the antique armor. "Think they're genetically engineered troops, mostly expendable. If you wanted a fight, I'm sure the last thing that appeared would have been able to deliver." He could have gone on about how he'd been able to feel the huge psionic power even with his untrained abilities, but that seemed unwise currently. XCOM would hopefully work with them, but at the moment, they were an unknown factor.

However, Harry soon ran across another question that he felt safe in asking. "You all from a different trespasser defense team? Don't really match the aesthetic of XCOM. And yeah," Harry added as an afterthought to the woman with the drone, "we're from other worlds, a ragtag bunch of. . .people sent to help out places and get them prepared." He leaned back, considering a quip about their track record, but ultimately decided not to.

After landing in the ship and quickly removing his armor with a small flash Frigus turned to address Proditor whom the others in the plane were avoiding, he took a fairly casual tone that probably lacked urgency considering the situation.

"So either you haven't talked much about your world or I just haven't been around when you have.  But mind telling me why we just helped blow something up for people who seem to be uneasy at best if not scared of you?"

He briefly glanced over to one of the XCOM members raised his hand and gave a single wave.

"Nice to meet you, by the way."

"Is it not obvious?  He is a xenos psyker and has set foot on the soil of Holy Terra," Sister Rachel points out reasonably, "The only reason he has not been purged with fire and shell is to save him for interrogation and vivisection, or so I would assume."

"That's Proditor. An ethereal, one of the alien species that's invading. From what he's said, he seems to have abandoned his species, and while I haven't known him long, he's proven trustworthy thus far, and a level head." Harry shrugged, hands resting on the rifle he'd grabbed.

"He's worked with us well, and been quite helpful, on the team me and Frigus were on." Harry nodded in Frigus' direction just to let the others know who he meant.

Frigus looked over to where the voice had come from and glanced Sister Rachel over before speaking in a frank, but still polite tone.

"Judging by your dress I'm going to guess you're not from this world either, wherever you're from I assure you interrogation and vivisection hasn't been standard procedure on any world I've been to."

"Really?  Fascinating," Rachel states, taking her hands father from her weapons, "I've not met many genuinely friendly and helpful xenos or psykers, but the ones that are can be extraordinarily good to have around.  After all, the Eldar did revive Primarch Guilliman.  If they can change their colors, I suppose this xenos deserves the benefit of the doubt. Though I would prefer any further witchcraft wait until we exit the vehicle. Even the best-trained psyker is a danger to far more than their enemies, and I don't fancy fighting a daemon in such cramped quarters."