[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse DC; XCOM 2 Subplot: Return of the Traitor

GodofGamingRWBY

"Well, if you can provide me some materials, I can show you through the ropes of the plasma battery. As for the Plasma Lance as you call it... I'll see what I can't do about that."

Contagion removes a few of the alloys he picked up earlier, and gets to work at any space that Tygen would set aside for him. As he began work on the battery, he set into a grove, sliding piece into piece, before fueling it with some plasma from his torch. He held it up, showing it to Tygan. "These batteries work fairly well. Really efficient. And thanks to these alloys, should be fairly durable." 

As Contagion continued to work, he pulled aside more alloys for the rifle. He finished setting up the chassis for the rifle, it looked pretty from the outside. Nice and shiny. As he slid the battery into it's slot, the rifle lit up to life. He nodded, but too soon, as the rifle began glowing brighter, and crackling with energy. Contagion's eyes widened behind his mask, before ducking. An explosion rang out from his worktable, as plasma caught his body, dealing some damage to him, but overall not damaging his surroundings much. A few scorch marks on the table, but Contagion taking the brunt of it. "Crap, I must've caught a seam on the battery, causing it to destabilize..." He sighed deeply, picking up some of the wreckage, cleaning it up. 

"Well, it seems this is a bit tricky. I'd need some more alloys to attempt it again. In the meantime..." 

He reached into his satchel, pulling out a tablet, pulling up the blueprint file for the plasma battery.

"These are essentially the power cells for the plasma weaponry. You can of course, make them to fit. Larger batteries, more charge, more weight, and more time to fully recharge... I can send the file to you, if you want. Should at least put you in the right direction for the weaponry. At least, it'll give you a kickstart if our group decides to go anywhere anytime soon. And if you could... would you mind making a few spare batteries for me? They don't need to use alloys necessarily, you could use standard steel or even titanium. I'd like to use them to try to make some prototype weaponry for you in the coming days, try to fast-track your progress."

He breathed, looking towards the giant generator, and to the various bits and bobs around the Science Department.

"If there any other projects you'd like for me to look at?"

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry needed comfort with this gun. Nearing five years ago, he’d had completed basic firearm training. He wasn’t an exceptional shot, but he knew the posture, and he knew the procedure, and the trainers had been good. And then, he’d barely shot anything for two years; one rarely does as a doctor. Anyway, he preferred knife work when possible, had a bit more utility. Then came the special operations team, and he’d been retrained: new techniques, some hand to hand, more accuracy, better reaction speed, gunfight tactics. And once again, he’d used barely any of it, save providing cover fire with automatic weapons occasionally, over the following years.

Hopefully he hadn’t lost too much. Slide the clip in. Safety on. “Range going hot.” Safety off. Steady stance, stock against his shoulder. Breath out, aim. Squeeze the trigger.

Bang.

A small hole appeared in the target dummy, five inches from the target center at which Harry was aiming. That wasn’t great for 25 yards. Breath out again. Squeeze.

Bang.

The report rang out again, and Harry settled into a groove, taking shots at the target’s center of mass, while his mind wandered a bit. He’d been on this mission for about four days now, since that first meeting in the room with Dr. Ebon. Less than twenty minutes in a small office somewhere, and then the assignment of the most important mission of his life. Stakes beyond comprehension. In retrospect, it was unbelievable. But things had moved quickly, and they’d all found themselves on Earth Bet. The doctor adjusted the iron sights slightly.

There was also the ethereal. Proditor was at once the most seemingly trustworthy of this group, and simultaneously one of the most disturbing in his capacities. It wasn’t impossible that the being could foster trust in a target’s mind, or even slowly, imperceptibly, twist the motives of the group to his own whims. And it would be almost impossible for anyone to tell, with this alien monitoring their thoughts and their attempts to discover manipulation. But it was useless to think about. Anyway, XCOM seemed to have a way to control psionic power, and they might provide some reassurance that he was trustworthy. For his own peace of mind, Harry would simply have to train his own psionics. He shook his head, muttering, “Pointless thing to worry about.” He then changed his aim to the target dummy’s head.

Leaving behind concerns about Proditor, his thoughts wandered to the most recent calamity. They’d messed shit up. Using force to stop Soma wouldn’t have been the correct way to prevent it, but the doctor knew where he’d failed. In his own attempts to convince Julie. in not thinking to contact Proditor or maybe Jun. More importantly, he’d failed in his area of expertise, not thinking to point out to the doctor in charge what Tattletale had repeatedly pointed out to him. That he needed a complete understanding of parahuman powers and physiology before messing with them. Really, he had just not known what to do at that moment. And when things had all gone to hell, he’d had nothing to contribute, nothing he could do. He had been helpless in the situation, and ironically, he empathized with the reasons behind the girl’s choice far more than he had before before. He’d need to improve, to become stronger, if he was going to do right by Soma like he hadn’t been able to this time.

Bang.

Spoiler

Training Roll: 22 vs 11 Quality of training: Natural 20.

Vital Targetting (Trick): Harry can now fire where the opponent would be at their weakest by using his head. When he uses a gun, Harry adds Int/4 to his gun's damage.

Spoiler

Resource used: Lighting Stone Crafting

Roll: 26 vs 6 (Natural 1): Major success.

Quality: Natural 1: oh boy.

Frigus begins his work on a rifle capable of shooting lightning, beginning to come up with ideas on how to use the lightning stone as a power source for the gun. Well, at least, that’s what he was working on, but the stone he was working on was… Well, seemed a bit crack, radiating electricity around its body. It should still work, but it didn’t look to well.

After finishing up with his work on the lightning core for today Frigus slowly tries to find his way to the Psionics labs.  Assuming he makes it there without issue or incident he pokes around trying to learn a little more about how exactly the Psionics work, and more specifically have they're similar/different from his own magics.

Blue & Frigus

“Ao Toshinori, and yes, this IS where the Commander focuses on Psionic Research. Not too much to look at right now, since it hasn’t been too much of a focus for the others. I’m really the only person here that knows a lot about Psionics… aside from your Ethereal” she replied, her voice still a bit angry when she mentioned Proditor. Before she could continue, however, Frigus came in, and began questioning her about how Psionics worked.

Needless to say, Ao was a bit annoyed by the sudden entrance, but merely began to answer his questions, specifically answering that while Psionics do come from the mind, they can be enhanced by machinery, like the gauntlets she wears into battle to create her blades.

Aquila

“Well, I was waiting for two recruits to arrive here. One last spar before midnight. You’re free to watch and give pointers” Lazarus replied, gesturing to the seat beside him as he waited for the two recruits to arrive.

Nader

As Nader stepped out of the closet, he managed to walk out on one of XCOM’s soldiers, a man with a thick black beard and disheveled, medium length hair. Judging by the outfit, sniper rifle still slung over his shoulder, and Russian voice, this was still the Reaper from before, “Hm. I see you’ve been allowed use of some of our supplies.”

Contagion

Tygan didn’t seem to surprised at the fact that Contagion’s rifle blew up, aside from a curious glance to the side from the explosion. At Contagion’s explanation though, Tygan nodded, “I would appreciate having a blueprint of the battery on hand for later use. Unfortunately, we do not have much projects going on right now worth noting. Mostly smaller things to make the troops lives more comfortable” he stated, before pausing, “That said, I was informed you could generate toxic mist from your armor. If you can give me a few contained samples, it would offer a decent distraction from the Lance.”

Proditor

Proditor and the Commander merely moved through the Avenger, taking a direct route to her office. Needless to say, Proditor got several shocked looks from people he passed, but he ignored it as the Commander told everyone who seemed like they would do something to back down.

Eventually though, the two arrived via elevator, leading into the Commander’s office, which looked more like a living quarters with a desk at the far end that, aside from a coffee machine to the side, looked like it has never been used.

The Commander herself moved behind her desk, placing her mug down as she sat in its chair, looking up at Proditor as the Ethereal floated in the middle of the room, “Now. Give me a reason not to regret letting my men shoot you in the head when they saw you” the Commander ordered.

After a second of thinking, Proditor began to speak, “We have a common enemy, one that I am willing to tear ADVENT apart to defeat. Angelis, the leader of ADVENT” Proditor replied.

The Commander herself paused for a bit, before sighing, “That gives us a name for whose leading them, at least…” she muttered, leaning back in her chair.

“I myself am Proditor, ADVENT’s past military tactician and close friend to Angelis. Past being the key word” Proditor continued, adding the final part when the Commander’s eyes widened a bit, “I left a year ago, if my time frame is correct, due to Angelis’s project-” Proditor stated, only to cut off when the Commander straightened,

“The AVATAR Project”

For a second, Proditor was silent, before nodding, “... Yes, who’m you’ve already met. I left ADVENT because Angelis’s pursuit of power went against our original goal, preparing other worlds for a threat one cannot defeat on their own. The Trespassers” Proditor explains.

“You say that name, but what are they, exactly? I only have the knowledge that they’re world devouring” The Commander asked, not seeming that phased at the news, “Not saying that isn’t bad, I’d like to know what I’m dealing with”

Proditor, for a second, thought, then continued, “I can’t explain. I was young when they devoured my home planet, over three thousand years ago. Since then we have been moving from planet to planet, raising species to be able to fight against these Trespassers, as they were following us ever since. I have no doubts about that. Unfortunately, none of the creatures we rose were psionically capable… So Angelis merely turned them into soldiers. Humanity was the first race aside from us with incredible psionic potential… but it seems Angelis is still trying to create simple soldiers” he said with a shake of his head, “... Either way, I left ADVENT because I was sickened at her new corrupted goals, and returned due to my task of helping worlds prepare for the Trespassers” he finished.

For a few seconds, there was utter silence as the Commander thought it over. Proditor couldn’t even hear her own thoughts if he tried, her head was too secure for him to peek into. After the silence though, the Commander simply nodded, “Alright... Good enough. You’ll have to keep that psionic dampener on, I don’t want a fully powered Ethereal wandering my ship. Otherwise, you’ll be given a bit of freedom here until I go over this with Central” she replied, “You’re dismissed for now, Proditor. I’ll make sure to relay that you’re considered an ally to the rest of the troops so they don’t shoot you on sight” she added before pulling out a small tablet, turning it on to look over some files.

Proditor, in response, nodded, turning away to move. However, as he did so, he paused, “Commander” he began, turning his head to look at the smaller woman, who simply rose her head a bit, “What is the status on the AVATAR Project? When will it be completed?” he asked.

For another second, the Commander was silent. Then, she sighed, “About three weeks away from being completed, from what our contact in ADVENT tells us. We’re preparing to take it down as soon as possible, we just need an opening” she replied.

At that, Proditor nodded again, “Thank you” he replied, before floating out of the room.

Spoiler

(17, 5) (5), (85), Proditor gains +1 Int. He fails to learn as much as he would like from the people he'd like to learn them from, but after poking deeper, perhaps in places he shouldn't have been poking, he discovers information he might think was better left uncovered. He also gains another point of Int due to his perk.

Harry set the rifle down after a while, back where he'd found it. As much as gunpowder weapons were reliable, and decently powerful in a fight, there were a lot of things he'd encountered already that wouldn't bat an eye at something like this. It was also a rather antique model, and who knew, maybe XCOM would give back the mag rifle to him if they discovered what they wanted to about it.

He meandered his way down through the ship, eventually finding his way to a room where Frigus was conversing with one of the XCOM operatives, the psionicly gifted one. He stood patiently off to one side, glancing around the room as he waited for a break in the conversation. When it came, he made his inquiry. "Do you think you could help me out or teach me some stuff about psionics?" No need to dance around the point. If she agreed, he'd go on to explain that as a doctor, feeling around physically (though determining thoughts would also be useful) in someone's brain would be quite advantageous. However, he had a slight problem where he only knew how to burst a blood vessel in his own brain. And he wanted to fix that little snag, and he'd appreciate a safety net and guidance in doing so.

Contagion nodded.

"Oh, yeah. I happen to have a diagram file of the chemical make up of the stuff. I just don't have to make it myself, cause I... well, cause I form it with my body. I come from a world of superheros and villains. Typical comicbook stuff. I just happen to be the guy that has to cover his body with a tight suit like this so I don't kill everyone around me."

He chuckled, then sighed sadly. He walked to Tygan, then set down his tablet in front of the scientist.

"Anyways, yeah, here. You can take a look. It's non-flammable, highly toxic to the respiratory system, and eats way at exposed flesh. It's some nasty stuff.

"Thank you for the assistance, and I apologize for the sudden intrusion.  Though I do have one more question, are there any specialized substances you use to channel Psionics or that have a strong tie to them?  I've got an idea for an experiment that may allow me to create a potent focus for channeling Psionics."

At this point Frigus noticed Harry waiting and once he got his answer he thanked the XCOM agent again and moved on to find some of the Elerium crystals to use in Synthesis.

Sister Rachel takes some time in the machine shop to give her inferno pistols and medicae rig some much-needed maintenance rites.  Praise the Omnissiah!  The machine-spirits seem delighted, the equipment sliding back together smoothly.

Once that's done, she decides to head over to the propaganda department and have a look around.  Perhaps she can bring the God-Emperor's light to these poor souls...

Nader stared at the Russian man for several moments after he left the closet without initially saying a word: had he been waiting outside the closet? Had Nader failed to perform some sort of paperwork ritual and was thusly going to be watched around their supplies? Was it coincidence? Nader was wholly unsure. But after a few awkward moments, Nader began to reply.

”...yes. I repaired my armor; I have no intention of being caught in a moment of vulnerability when the space alien colonialists or the interdimensional assassins come, so I made sure I wasn’t vulnerable. Next I plan to do some strength training so I’m prepared for combat, if I can find where in here to do so, at least.” Another pause, before: ”You should really prepare your base for if somebody teleports inside, you know. You found interdimensional friendlies, but the dimensions are crawling with all sorts of hostiles who mean harm and they’re probably watching this base too now by tracking your... interdimensional signature since those devices were sent out.”

Aquila

Training: 13 vs 13
Quality: 13

Soon enough, two new recruits came into the room, both clearly fresh men who didn’t seem that battle hardened. Lazarus at least gave them a small rundown of the spar, which was essentially no weapons and nothing that would seriously hurt the opponent. Then, there were free to go at it, while Lazarus merely leaned back, letting Aquila take over.

Needless to say, Aquila would’ve probably gotten annoyed by their sheer unrefined fist fighting and forms, yelling out advice to the two and probably getting up to adjust their stances at some points. In the end, while it was entirely different than what Lazarus would've done, it seemed effective, as the two seemed to get better rather quickly with Aquila's guidance.

"Hm. Good work, they looked like they actually managed to improve" Lazarus stated at the end, after the two took their leave, panting after the sparing.

Contagion

Tygan nodded in response to Contagion, examining the tablet to check the chemical makeup of the toxins, “Fascinating… I’m surprised that one could make a toxin such as this without harm to their own body. The Commander will find this useful if we can begin making it ourselves…” he whispered, before yawning, "My apologies, it has been a long day. I will probably be taking my rest soon enough" he stated, handing the tablet back to Contagion.

Rachel

Rachel, thankfully, was able to get directions to the Propaganda Division with some asking around (though the person in question seemed confused as to why anyone other than the Commander would go to it at this hour). Eventually, after a bit of walking, she managed to find a door that slide open to reveal… A rather small room, with most of it being covered in a plain green screen with cameras set around it and a smaller area set aside for a large combination of no less than 5 different computer screens, which were the only thing that really lit up the room.

Sitting at the desk was another woman… Who was currently snoring rather loudly, head resting on her arms. Her outfit was, like everyone else here, refined and vaguely militaristic, but like most of XCOM’s personnel, she did seem to have a strange addition to her, specifically, a large white stroke that went through the front part of her dull red hair.

On the computer screens itself was a large number of different programs and feeds, several of which being either security cams (seeming to be viewing ADVENT facilities) or records that seemed to be constantly updating. There were other things that were open, but most of them seemed rather unimportant.

… Welcome to the Propaganda Division.

Psi-Labs

Ao, just before helping out Harry, pointed towards the vaults of dull purple crystals, “Those Elerium Crystals in there have concentrated psionic power in them. How is anyone’s guess, but that’s what we use. You can take one if you want, ADVENT has enough that we can take” she replied, before focusing on helping Harry not burst a blood vessel in his brain.

Frigus

Spoiler

Quality 2
Frigus’s Synthesis crumbles the Elerium Crystal, giving him 1 Psionic Dust (Psionics, Mental Strength).

Harry

Spoiler

Crafting roll: 15 vs 15: Bare success.
Quality: 16: You're good
Randomness: 51: Nothing
Congratulations, Hemorrhage gets a level up!

Hemorrhage (Trick, level 1): Harry can now burst a blood vessel in his brain at will
Training Level 2: Harry can now burst someone else's blood vessel in their brain as long as Harry has physical contact with them, forcing an Int vs Essence check.

Nader

“We have plenty of defenses, the Commander isn’t a fool, she already knew the risks of sending out a distress call, and we’ve already terminated the signals coming from the devices we sent out before” the Reaper replied before shrugging, “Besides, if ADVENT can’t pull their heads out of their asses and use their world spanning empire to find one cargo ship, I doubt another would be able to find the Avenger” he added.

The masked paranoid pointed a finger at the Reaper to emphasize with a gesture his point and then began to speak. "Turning off the signal is smart, but the risk is always going to be there now that you've been detected. Perhaps the tyrannical space alien colonialist government is too incompetent to find your ship, but I've already worked with someone (who thankfully isn't present) who had some sort of interdimensional biomechanical death island track him down to the middle of nowhere in the Australian outback. These interdimensional assassins are out there, they're malicious, and they're out for blood. You have to be prepared once we're gone, especially because there's also an apocalyptic threat out there eating dimensions and removing them from existence. Mark my words, multiple dimensions is a scary place."

He dropped his finger, then. "While I'm here, though, I am serious about the training. I'm facing these things as well, plus the space alien colonialist tyrants here, so I'll want to get into better and better fighting shape. That last rocket almost killed me, too, and I'd rather not get killed by armor-piercing munitions. I want to take advantage of your facilities to get stronger, and to get tougher; can you help me find what I need?"

"Probably enough. Thanks." The Doctor muttered, as he ceased his psionic endeavors. His head was starting to hurt a bit, and he didn't really want to push that. Thinker headaches were still on his mind a bit.

"Say, how exactly do psionics work? Like, the transmission vector, how it acts at a distance and stuff. You guys figured that out yet?" He wasn't terribly hopeful. Proditor had given a few tantalizing hints, but if someone as gifted as the ethereal couldn't be more specific, it was hard to believe he would figure out much from XCOM.

Reluctant to wake the sleeping person, Sister Rachel quietly has a look around (or as quietly as someone in power armor can be).  She eventually finds a user's manual for the audio equipment.  So she settles down to read that, trying not to disturb the sleeping lady.

Nader

The Reaper merely nodded at Nader, his face darkening at the mention of Dysto and everything else, “I’ll make sure to let the Commander know about the dangers then. We do have a small gym on ship though, that can be what you can use for now. Follow me” he replied, turning to lead him to XCOM’s gym… Which turned out to be rather smallish, but filled with different training machines, weights, and other equipment. The Reaper quickly vanished not long after leading Nader to the room though. Somehow.

Psi-Labs

At Harry’s question, Ao merely shrugged, “Depends on what you’re trying to do and how strong you are. Some effects such as mind control are harder to push out without being weakened than sending out a telepathic message. Hard to get the specifics on it when everyone varies with their psionic prowess” she stated, before letting out a rather large yawn as she straightened, “Either way, I’m out for now. Don’t break anything in here” she said before walking out of the room.

Rachel

It wasn’t really hard for Rachel to get the gist of how the audio and other recording equipment worked, due to it simply being regular. The only thing was, actually getting everything would require a computer, which unfortunately was occupied by the sleeping woman. Unless she was really planning on moving her, it would've been difficult to really use said computers at the current moment.

Next day

For the most part, the group was able to continue with what they were working on a bit longer into the night. Eventually though, they would be informed that the Commander had prepared a dorm area for the group to stay, which when they investigated, would’ve been a room void of life, with plenty of beds and room for the group as a whole.

If they came back to the room for the night was up to them, in the end. However, in the morning, not long after they would’ve gotten up, the Commander herself opened the door to the dorm area, rubbing her eyes with another steaming cup of coffee, “Good morning, I apologize for the intrusion” she greeted, bringing her hand back down to look at the group, “While early, there is something I would like you to do for me. About ten minutes ago, a Resistance Cell sent us a message that they managed to shoot down one of ADVENT’s UFOs. Specifically, a Supply Barge.  Needless to say, ADVENT is going to try and recover the wreckage, so I’m sending out a small team to get as much as they can before then. I would like it if you tagged along with them. Most of my troops have been fighting day after day and need some rest” she explained, “... That, and I’m sure your own skills would be useful on the field” she added, taking a drink from her mug.

“If you wish to go, as I’m not forcing you to, you are currently guests here, Firebrand is leaving in approximately 5 minutes. I’m sure you all remember the way to the hanger, correct?” she asked, seeming to wait for an answer before turning away, “I must get back to my own post, so it is your decision in the end” she stated before walking out.

Proditor himself decided to stay behind, resigning himself to assisting XCOM back at the Avenger rather than investigating the downed UFO. For those that did decide to go in the time they had, they would find Lazarus and the Reaper already on the ship, along with the other woman with the small drone following her. Their task was to essentially act as guards for the downed barge. Well, Lazarus and Reaper, anyway. The woman was meant to retrieve supplied with her drone. There were some small earpieces supplied in Firebrand, which as explained by Lazarus, allowed communication between Central and the user.

ADVENT Supply Barge

For the most part, aside from some small talk between the three XCOM operatives, the trip was long and quiet. When they arrived though, they were met with a bright, expansive desert… And a destroyed ship half buried in the sand already. The ship matched ADVENT’s normal design, sleek and black with red armoring around it, but fitting its crashed appearance, there was denting in the armor and a large hole near the back. The front entrance to the ship was opened, with an ADVENT trooper’s body not a foot away from it, a trail of yellow blood behind him.

Overall, this seemed to have been a big crash.

“Don’t have much time here. Let’s get moving” Lazarus stated, mostly to the other XCOM operatives, before pulling out his rifle, beginning to move to the ship with his rifle raised.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

"Got it." Harry followed close behind the operatives, shielding his eyes from the desert sun. As a doctor, he couldn't reasonably rush in, but he sure as hell was going to grab everything he could. Maybe another mag rifle, since he'd forgotten to ask the people in the science wing if they had anything of that sort he could use. From as far out as he could, he started looking for obvious breaks in the ship's hull. If they had to leave quickly, having multiple exits would be a benefit.

Aquila, not being a wuss like some of the other team members, jogs towards the Barge, his shield raised. He liked this place, it reminded him of the Area near the capital. Also of how he was sent there to train in the penal forces. On second thought, he didn't like this place all that much.

As Nader walked with the XCOM operatives, he felt a dull ache in several of his muscles... but it was the good kind of ache. Nader unfortunately didn't get the feeling that the endurance training he'd put himself through had had much effect, but he did think that his time spent furiously working out (still in his armor, at that) in the gym had had other effects. That familiar throb in his musculature was the sign that he'd at least strengthened himself, his muscles rebuilding the microscopic little tears that exercise granted and that led to greater capacity. He felt like he could deliver a more resounding punch, and keep his big guns steadier. Excellent.

Nader also watched as Aquila charged off with his shield up, and let out another disgruntled sigh. He didn't make to speed himself up, however, and instead simply made sure his four guns were all attached and loaded properly. "I'm not going to back him up this time. I'm going to continue at my planned pace, and if he gets himself shot then that's what he does. While I am here, though, it occurs to me that if any of you have extra weaponry, I can rig a trap or two to secure our perimeter while we're in there."

Spoiler

Frigus uses his three charges of Duplicate before leaving, gaining 1 "Air Combo+", 1 "Rock and Roll", and 1 "Blitz".

Frigus gets up, gets ready, and grabs something to read before heading to the Firebrand.  He read through a significant portion of the book on the trip and only stopped when the Firebrand started to approach their destination.

When he got the chance Frigus turned to one of the XCOM agents and asked:

"What exactly are we looking for here?  Computers?  Weapons?  A power source? Some kind of artifact?"

After he got a response(or not) and the Firebrand lowered itself down Frigus summoned his armor and took a few steps out, keeping general pace with the majority of the group and keeping his eyes peeled for anything that looked...suspicious.

XCOM 

Frigus got his answer from Bradford, from over the Coms, “Generally anything that we can easily transport out. ADVENT doesn’t leave their UFOs around a lot, and we’re pulling every flavor we’ve got with the Resistance Groups in the surrounding area to keep ADVENT off their feet long enough so we have a chance at getting something from one of their Supply Ships” Bradford responded.

At Nader’s own comment, the Reaper simply pulled out a small device out of his cloak, before tossing it to Nader, “Claymore, lined with Elerium. Motion tracks for anyone not registered in our database once armed, which does include you. The Commander made sure of it” he stated before running forward, beginning to climb the side of the Supply Barge to get to a good sniping ground, his cloak beginning to shimmer and shift colors until he was practically invisible.

Nader acquires an XCOM Claymore. This device can be attached to any surface, or enemies, via extremely sharp, retractable claws on its back, and can be remotely, forcefully, or automatically activated to deal 2d6+4 damage to up to two targets.

Lazarus and Database merely raised their own rifles, moving steadily forward towards the downed Barge, keeping an eye out for anything themselves.

Supply Barge

As the group began to move into the Barge, they would notice that most of the lights seemed to have broke from the ships crash, as only light from the cracks in the hull and occasional electrical sparks lit the room they were in. The room in question seemed to be a smaller storage compartment in the ship, where normal crates were stacked for transport. Said crates were currently all tipped over and spread apart, though clearly undamaged despite what had  transpired. Along with that, there were still bodies of ADVENT troops scattered along the room, most crashed against the wall.

In response to the darkness, Lazarus and Database merely flicked on their rifle’s lights, making sure to shine the light everywhere they could to avoid missing something. Database’s own drone began shining two lights out of its eyes, floating through the room on its own.

At that point, the Commander spoke through the Coms, clearly hearable to anyone that was connected to XCOM’s radio, “This seems to be where ADVENT keeps their alloys and Elerium. Databse, begin extraction of materials, as much as you can. The rest of you, continue forward, I want a full sweep of the ship. ADVENT could still have some surprises active."