Types Hurt & Heal (BUG TYPE WINS with 8 HP)

dragonsbeat

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grass: 8

Ice: 8

Bug: 11

Poison: 9

Quick reminder that I've never even touched Ghost. In fact, I've only ever healed Ice and only ever hurt Steel and Poison, so I've basically stayed out of all conflicts. Still wondering how did Poison get to the top 4...

26 minutes ago, Anstane said:

Quick reminder that I've never even touched Ghost. In fact, I've only ever healed Ice and only ever hurt Steel and Poison, so I've basically stayed out of all conflicts. Still wondering how did Poison get to the top 4...

I can confirm that. In fact, Anstane has probably been the only one who has played the game 100% "clean", without strategy or orchestrating the murder of one type.

Having said that, I think that Poison made it to top 4 because it had the fewest "enemies" downvoting it. As it has been proven, for a type to win this game, it is more important not being hated by many than being liked by many.

Just now, Jess said:

I can confirm that. In fact, Anstane has probably been the only one who has played the game 100% "clean", without strategy or orchestrating the murder of one type.

Having said that, I think that Poison made it to top 4 because it had the fewest "enemies" downvoting it. As it has been proven, for a type to win this game, it is more important not being hated by many than being liked by many.

need only look at the first type to be killed for that...

1 hour ago, walpurgis said:

I actually like ice but it's my least favorite of the remaining types

Same with me, I like all of the remaining types. That's why I am now happy regardless of which one wins! :) 

My preference is obvious, though! xD

Copying Dive's list.

Grass: 7

Ice: 6 

Bug: 10

Poison: 8

Bug has had a lot of people upvoting it, providing an early advantage. The rest were insignificant so some stayed, others perished. The ones we cared about weren't popular enough, and funny as it is, they got the short end of the stick just because someone started supporting them. 

Whenever I participate to such a game I end up losing interest because many people scheme to make fan favorites fall, delay their posts to have the "glory" of being the one to eliminate a competitor, or team up with their friends instead of making genuine choices according to their own tastes.

Oh well, at least I like 3 of the 4 remaining types.

@Alistair On the other hand, if favorites are never hurt the winner of the game is obvious right from the beginning. Also, how do you differentiate between genuine choice and teaming up?

There are no other rules restricting how to play, so anything goes. If there was a rule that you can't hurt the same type twice in a row or more than X points in a day, chances are the game would have been very different.

It isn't a game, it's war.

Jokes aside, since there are no rules about teaming up, everyone can vote in whatever way he/she/xe pleases. And team up with whoever he/she/xe pleases.

If we wanted to honestly see which type is the fav of Reborners, we'd just hold a strawpoll and get it done with. Strategy in voting is all the fun.

@Zargerth I know for a fact that some players discussed between themselves and agreed to make a certain type win, which I do not consider fair play.

@Jess I disagree. Hurt and Heal provides more flexibility than a simple strawpoll, even without strategies. It notably allows people to:

- Voice varying degrees of support to different types, by voting for different names over the course of the game and depending on which competitors are left.

- Contribute to the elimination of competitors they do not like, which is impossible in a strawpoll.

- Similarly as above, voice varying degrees of dislike to different types, by downvoting different names over the course of the game and depending on which competitors are left.

I love the fact that even with how low the density of votes/hour is people voting at the exact same time it's still a very common situation. I wonder what the exact chances would be if it were totally random and without any external factor altering it.

I'm really bored so I might end up actually calculating it.

@seki108 With Amaura being in the top 4 of my favourite mons (together with Deerling/Sawsbuck, Vivillon, Mew), I like Ice quite a lot myself. It's a pity they aren't a bit better defensively... Design-wise, they are one of the best types though.