The Weatherlight

DragonRage

"Neat. Though what sorts of corruption do you usualy deal with? Do you have any kind of purification or curse breaking magic?"

Perhaps he was being a little obvious, but its not like he was going out of his way to hide his plans....Then again, It could be bad if he got triggered like Satomi did when they had made that sword, which he couldn't rule out if his group were primarily formed around fighting things like that.

"Out of curiosity are you like a paladin or something, or just more part of a human agency of warriors?"

Huh, he didn't think of that. He dident really worship any deities and didn't interact with divinities much in general, but a paladin or cleric might be able to help. Though the idea of studying the seed to figure it out was still favorable to him, he wouldn't want to prolong the soul's suffering by going for a lesser option if a better one presented itself.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kusuke froze for a moment. How was he supposed to go forward here? What was one supposed to do with a crying girl? Evidently his verbal reassurances hadn't been enough; he had figured that he'd be able to placate her. "Satomi, you, uhh, just need to rest- ah, damnit!" Knowing that speaking to her probably wasn't quite going to work given prior results, he scrambled for the next thing that came to mind - and pulled Satomi into a tight hug.

---

Lucine nodded. "That's probably a good idea." She shuffled awkwardly in place, not sure whether to let the topic drop or not. She did want to be done with it, but she would also be uncomfortable around Tim until she felt it was fully resolved. She elected to, once again, go back to watching the wizard, trying to glean some kind of hint to his true intentions from his expression.

Freya

As soon as Freya was handed the canister of Eco, she picked it up, turning it around in her hand as she inspected it, "Huh... Hm... Yeah, I think we could try and use this with my bear? I think that'll be good for it, right?" She asked, glancing down at Law as she tucked the canister under her arm.

"I'm not sure what you mean by 'Human agency, but I'm not really a paladin no.  The Heartless are, perhaps counter intuitively, made of Hearts shrouded and controled by darkness.  Hearts themselves are someone's innermost being."

"Unversed on the other hand are little more rare, usually a sign someone tried to split a Heart and are the manifestations of suffering caused by it."

"Cursebresking isn't exactly my specialty, but you seem to have something in mind.  I can see what I can do to help."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tim sighed and glanced betweem Lucine and Aquila.

"If you're truely looking for mages to put in their place, I believe I saw a witch head off to the main power room."

He gestured towards the direction of where Law and Freya had gone off to work.

"If not I suggest you get some water and sleep it off."

Leo nods
"In that case...."
He reaches into his pockets and pulls out the Grief Seed, holding it up between two fingers
"What can you tell me about this? It contains a soul bound under a powerful corruptive curse. I only acquired it a few days ago, but Ive seen what it is and what it can do. I want to break it's curse and purify it. In its current state, the curse is to powerful for the soul to purge itself, but if that curse can be broken it might even be able to save itself on its own."

"The main catch, is the way the curse seems to work. It causes the soul to suffer to the point it lashes out as a monster, and causes more suffering, which seems to only make things worse. And using magic on the container only seems to feed it. It actualy lashed out earlier just today, shunting itself into a pocket dimension we had to go into to defeat it."

Law nods, and, with a wave of his staff, begins manipulating a chunk of orange metal, and the liquid inside the canister.

"That's..."

When infused into the monstrous bear, it suddenly catches fire.

"Uh oh!" Law shouts, tapping away at a glowing holographic screen frantically, until the fire goes out.

"There, good as new." He mumbles at the slightly charred, but warm and flex-enhanced bear.

"Wait, don't beat up Freya! Freya is nice! Even if she's a necromancer." There was only one person she recalled that fit Tim's description that actually traveled with the group. "She was really helpful with that cult, don't you remember?" She seemed legitimately offended that the wizard would suggest such a thing."You don't point drunk people at people you actually like."

"Yes, an excellent idea, Harry!  Who knows what sort of foul xenos diseases and Nurgle-spawned plagues they might have picked up," Sister Rachel agrees, "Is there a medical bay aboard this transport?  We should sterilize it and prepare for examinations.  Thorough examinations."

Freya

Once Law nodded, Freya snapped her fingers, a new portal opening up and letting Dyno lumber out, impassive as always, even when Law went to work on it with the Red Eco. And during that, Freya observed, picking out what Law was doing to work with the Eco... Which sort of flew over her head for the most part, but she started getting excited once Law appeared to be ready to infuse her bear. 

Only to watch as her bear spontaneously combusted.

"OH WHAT THE-?!" Freya shouted as her bear caught on fire, looking around for a way to put out the fire. However, as she looked around, she failed to notice that Law was already taking care of the fire by rapidly tapping a screen, so by the time she turned back, it was already under control. For a second, Freya sort of stared, before clearing her throat and approaching her bear, "Um... Sorry, I didn't expect that to happen" she apologized to Law, patting the side of Dyno... Only to lean on it when she realized how warm it was, "I'm guessing the fire wasn't supposed to happen?"

Tim grumbled to himself at Lucine's protests, something about 'he doesn't stand half a chance' and 'have you seen that bear-thing?', he sighed again and reached into his bag once more.

"Hey Aquila I think I've got something you'd like better than getting beaten up by a bunch of zombies."

Tim reveals a slab of freshly cooked steak, still warm and sitting on a wooden plater.  It looks large enough to feed three or four smaller people.

"One condition though, if I give this to you you must swear you'll go take a nap instead of bothering anyone else."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Master's balls where did you get something like that?"

"I could try forcing a Dive into Heart, a sort of spirit journey that might help the Heart fight against the darlness.  Restore it's will and morale.  But there comes a point of dark corruption where all the will in the world won't help."

"Defeating Heartless with the Keyblade usually releases them to find their way out of the darkness, but sometimes stronger, bound Heartless can't escape and just wait to reform.  Your description tells me that that Heart is bound to that gem, I think you'll have to break it for anything I can do to help."

"I know someone who might be more helpful though.  She should be arriving soon."

At the phrase "beaten up by a bunch of zombies" Aquila breaks into a run. That sounded like an even better fight than just some mage after all! On the bright side, he's spilt most of his booze in the excitement so he won't get much closer to killing himself. Well, killing himself with booze. Zombies are fully capable of killing him with or without alcohol on his person.

"Picked it up from a world hopping merchant. It stood out to me for its magical properties."
He nearly demonstrates right then and there, but before the faintest shimmer of magic in the air makes contact with it, he remembers the whole 'Absorbs magic' bit and thinks better of it.

"Stoneheart was actualy made with magic attuned to the gem, which causes some intresting effects. It seems to have a tie of some sort to wishes and desires, I haven't done to much testing, Ive been busy, but when createing a golem with mana attuned to the gem, the core gains the ability to feel emotion and more easily be controlled by will. The catch is cores made in this manner are quite vulnerable to the influence of the corrupted soul. Nothing that can't be countered of course. I Actualy got some really good data out of stoneheart when the monster got out. He even got some new functions loaded into his system which helped us....."

He speaks a bit softer for a moment, looking down at the gem thoughtfully

"I wonder if that could be a result of its will struggling against the curse, and desiring to be saved? Flooding Stoneheart with its will, conveniently giving us the function needed to breach into the pocket dimension it created and fight it...could that be an instinctual bid to save itself?

Leo considers it for a moment, before shrugging and putting it back into his pocket

"I dont think she knew what she had, It had sounded just like some kind of monster drop, though one that gave off an...intresting feeling. But when Leo tried to scan it we started getting hints of its nature"

Leo nods "Im definitely going to ask her for the coordinates to the world she found it in whenever we run into each other again. As for breaking the gem, that sounds like a bad idea. As long as its bound, we have a higher chance of getting multiple tries, where as if we break it and fail once the soul could escape at which point we don't even know if it will fly off to cause more havoc, or dissolve and reincarnate. That being said, the gem may play some part in the curse, Ill need to study it more, but there may be a possibility moving the soul to something else might help."

"Im not so sure a simple sun would be able to contain it though, and I don't know much more about trapping souls then that. Just having it sitting around in a sun and spilling magic everywhere sounds like it could be a problem."

Tim shook his head and put away the steak.

"How terribly unfortunate.  For him.  She'll be fine trust me."

Tim thoughtfully pulled on his beard again.

"You're a humonculus.  That explains certainly expains why you're so afraid of mages.  Well if it makes you any more comfortable I'm not a Thaumaturge in any degree.  Never had the patience for the....wet things or the willingness to risk Vis-phage.  I also doubt that the rodent actually knew what he was doing, since he doesn't seem to work with magic."

He considered bringing up the cup thing again, but figured it wasn't impirtant enough to bother her with.

"I am an artficer though, so if you want a staff that shoots fireballs, ring that lets you fly, or just a bigger gun I can help with that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frigus nodded along with Leo's explaination, he hadn't follow every detail but he got the most important things.

"Moving it into a vessel that isn't cursed does sound like a better idea.  Just--"

Frigus let out a short, exasperated sigh.

"Just be careful.  Working on Hearts is a slippery slope that can quickly turn against you or get out of hand.  And I'm low enough on the totem pole to get sent to clean up the mess."

"Right. Whenever this friend of yours arrives, mind sending her in my direction so I can ask her some questions?"

Leo rolls his shoulders, poping them a little, and moves away from the controls, as they dident need his immediate attention anymore, though he was far from sure where they were really going at this point. 

"Horrific curses aside, where were you and the others? I haven't heard anything about the missions everyone else went to yet. I spent most of the past few days doing prepwork for a siege, and eventualy fighting. Picked up some great matrials though, and learned how to make a few things that might be really useful. Magic metals, special crystals, the works. Really good things for my craft actualy. Im going to have a blast once I get to sit down and work Im sure."

Aquila waves excitedly, the last of his alcohol spilling onto him this time. He looks around for a few moments, before seeming perplexed. "Hey Freya, you seen any witches with zombies around here? Lucine was worried about there being some around and Tim pointed me this way.... But it's just you here it looks like and you're not scary or anything...." Aquila crosses his arms, perplexed at this development.

Freya

For a few seconds, Freya just stared at Aquila, an eyebrow rising in confusion, "Uh... No? I mean, technically I'm a Witch... But not really, I prefer thinking of myself as more of a mage. I think I'm the only one here with zombies" she replied, bringing a hand to the back of her head, "Why do you ask? Is anything going wrong?" she asked, before noticing the alcohol bottle in his hand, slowly frowning as she made eye contact with him again,

"Are YOU okay?"

Lucine relaxed slightly when Tim reassured her that he didn't have the talents for turning her into anything - even if it would be alchemy, and not whatever thaumaturgy was - though she didn't seem entirely comfortable quite yet. "That staff thing he has seemed kinda magical, though, since he can just kind of plug it into whatever he wants and have it work. Plus he was talking about how much he didn't like artificial intelligence earlier, and then all of a sudden he's talking about 'termination' functions in me. . ." She seemed distraught, pushing her hair away from her eyes with rather unnecessary force, at least until Tim mentioned something else. "Bigger guns? Do you mean it? I never got to shoot the armored guy, umm, Nader's gun. Do you know about SSK Industries? Or you have to know Smith and Wesson, right? There's a bunch of those I always wanted to try but Dad never actually bought any for me, he said it'd attract too much attention."

"There was one on the bus. We'll need one on this vessel too, but for now we can just use that one. We got some supplies from the Commander too, so we can load those up."

At that, Harry sets about the work of gathering up the necessary supplies that might have been loaded onto the weatherlight, and bringing them to the bus. When preparations were complete, he'd send out a psionic message to Proditor, asking that the Ethereal summon each person on the ships in turn psionically.

Aquila shook his head to Freya's query about the wrongness of things. On the contrary, he felt great. "No no, nothing's actively wrong as far as I can tell. Lucine was just worried about mages stealing her cup for some reason and Tim pointed me this way when I offered to deal with it. But yeah, everything is just wonderful as far as I can tell."

Aquila raises an eyebrow at her question about his status. It seemed obvious to him that he couldn't be anything other than okay. "I'm just fine, why wouldn't I be? ... well, I guess this booze tasted off but I'm pretty sure I'm fine... ooh what's that!?" Aquila seems to have noticed law trying to hide, which is why unfortunately for the precursor he was now rapidly advancing on him.

Freya

As soon as Aquila started heading for Law, Freya stepped into his path, making sure to let Law safely get away, and prevent Aquila from chasing him, "That's my friend, and he doesn't really like it when people just randomly go after him" Freya replied, before bringing her hand back down, "But, either way, I can assure you that I have no intention of stealing whatever cup Lucine has, and the reason why I asked why YOU'RE okay is because of that" she continued, pointing at the bottle in his hand.