The Weatherlight

DragonRage

Freya

In response to Law's explanation on Eco, Freya frowned, thinking to herself as she stared at the canisters. That honestly sounded pretty cool, though the Dark Eco worried her. Why did everything dark have to be the worst off? It just couldn't be satisfied with her.

Either way, it wasn't necessarily hers to begin with, it was Law's.

"I see, that sounds awesome. So you use Eco a lot with your things?" Freya asked as she reached out with a hand, lightly tapping the Dark Eco's canister (or at least, what she assumed would be the Dark Eco).

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yup, everything I own relies on it at some level.  Power cells rely on Blue Eco, my Staff relies on various types, and..."

Law pulls out a giant gun, larger than he is, with a nasty looking metal skull welded to the front of the barrel.

"This fires Dark Eco as a weapon."

"Eco is even in my body.  Well, sort of."

"Most Precursors can't really channel Eco through their own bodies, since it's made of, uhh."

Law makes the assumption that Freya isn't familiar with DNA.

"It contains the stuff that decides what a Precursor's body should be shaped like, mixed with information about our technology and culture.  So, like, when I use Green Eco to heal someone's wounds, or cure a disease, the Eco has the knowledge we've gained packed inside it, so it knows what we know about healing and medicine."

"Without White Eco to regulate it, most precursors would go a bit funny if it were put directly into them like that, though, because it's so similar to themselves already, that the differences can kind of..."

"Trick them into being more like it."

Having nothing to do, Aquila eventually stumbled upon Lucine and... two someones he was pretty sure he never met before. If he was speaking honestly, if they didn't look like someone important (i.e. someone that looked like a warrior.) he didn't really remember them since they were probably a servant or something. That said, he was almost completely certain that he'd never seen the others with the small girl so he approached with confidence that he'd offend for real reasons rather than just his memory being faulty. "Hail! Nice to see you're back in one piece Lucine! ... You are in one piece right? No missing fingers?" Aquila says this last part half-jokingly. He was fairly certain her age and choice of range meant that she'd go mostly unmolested.

Lucine waved at Aquila at his hello, but still looked markedly nervous at his approach. She didn't really think he meant any harm, but she was very rattled by what had happened earlier. "Um, hi, Aquila." She gestured at her scaly companion. "This is Moss, I met him in a swamp. He's nice. Unless you're mean, then he'll melt your face." The magical girl flashed a smile at the dragon that probably looked less humorous than it was intended to. "I didn't lose anything, no." Her eyes rose from the dragon to Aquila once more. "You, umm, didn't hear anything about cups, right?"

Aquila stared blankly at that question. After a few moments he frowned. "If you're looking for a drink, I wouldn't bother. I already looked and nothing was still good. Besides, aren't you a little young for that even if you're a warrior?" Lucine can rest assured, Aquila is still clueless. About a lot, but her talk of cups especially.

Lucine blinked. "Eh? A drink?" She shook her head a bit, stumbling verbally. "I mean, um, no, I wasn't looking for a drink, I was just wondering. . . um, there was a thing that happened. But, uhh, it doesn't matter, just, er, let me know if you see the weasel guy." She might have overreacted; Lucine wasn't really sure what she planned on doing if she ran across Law, but the thought still made her nervous. The list of functions he'd listed out that he could supposedly activate wasn't exactly benign and comforting, to say the least. 

Aquila looks concerned at that. He wasn't the smartest, but he wasn't dumb. He could tell she was nervous about something. This likely had the opposite effect of what she wanted because now Aquila was only more interested in finding out why she was asking. "What happened? Did he upset you? Want me to go rough him up?" Aquila crouched to be on the level of the girl, raising his fists to indicated that by "rough him up" he meant, "Beat the shit out of him, though probably in an officially sanctioned way." Well, at least he means well?

"Um. . ." She really wasn't sure how to explain the situation to Aquila, especially with his. . . enthusiasm. "I don't think you need to beat him up. He just, uh, used that staff thing, and the stuff he said afterward really scared me." She was quiet for a moment, then somewhat belatedly added "B-But I don't think he did it on purpose! I think. I don't know, I just don't want to worry about this. . ." Lucine really did appreciate Aquila's wanting to comfort her - at least, that's what he seemed to be trying to do, it was possible he was just looking for an excuse to fight - but she would have rather the situation had never come up at all. Even if she's the one that mentioned it. . . The girl almost slapped herself for bringing it up. 

Aquila nods. After a moment he pats the girls head. "Well, if you're sure it's fine then I'll trust you. But if you ever need any help you can come to me alright? You may be able to fight but no one wins every battle by themselves." Aquila offers the little girl an encouraging smile.

"That I would want to transmute you?" 

Tim gave a raised eyebrow as he finished Lucine's sentence, the suggestion didn't really seem to phase or offend him though.  He looked up and stopped talking at Aquila's approach, he'd only seen the man briefly before he left with the others in that strange pod.

Aquila's bemoaning of the lack of alcohol got him thinking though, and he pulled out his bag and started digging through it.  He pulled out a strange looking bottle with an old tattered looking label of some kind.  It quickly vanished and reappeared before he motioned it towards Aquila.

"This is what I have.  Try not to blind yourself."

He handed the bottle over to Aquila.

"Okay." Her cheer seemed to be returning with the pat, even if she didn't sound entirely reassured yet.

"I mean, she can't fight. I'm the one doing all the work!" A familiar voice sprouted from Lucine's backpack; evidently Opal was finished sulking.

"H-Hey! I can too! And it's my body, you're just running a stupid program!"

"It's my brain! Well, I don't have a brain, but it's my circuits! And I have to use them because you're so bad with yours." 

"That's not fair, you know I'm trying! Just shut up!" She thumped the backpack, prompting an irritable-sounding squawk.

"Hitting me won't make you a better mage, you know." Lucine simply whacked it again; Opal fell silent, but there was an unmistakably smug feeling to it, as if the magical device was grinning. Lucine deflated slightly after a moment, sighing.

"I mean, I don't know." Lucine started to respond to Tim after an apologetic glance at her backpack. "I heard of a mage who turned his daughter into a talking dog or something just to prove that he could. They can be really mean." And the Grail is supposed to be really valuable. "Especially when you're. . . um, like me," She couldn't recall if Aquila knew about whether she was a homunculus, and didn't particularly feel like putting herself at risk of further stress at the moment.

Aquila's eyes widen as he brings the jug of suspicious booze away from his mouth. His smile widens considerably, until Lucine finishes her statement. At that he frowns as he gestures with the bottle, and spills a little. "Well that's just not right, regardless of whether you're a... uh... homothingy, you're still a person, and just a child at that. Why, if I see any of those magey types, I'll... I'll snap 'em in half for ya! How's about that!" Aquila pauses as his eyes narrow. He turns to Tim and points a finger accusingly. "You aren't one o' them are ye?" At this point they're all probably pretty sure it's not just alcohol affecting Aquila's brain.

Tim tries very hard to stifle a grin as Aquila immediately goes for a couple good chugs of the alcohol.  He then calmly responded, still holding back a smile.

"Not at all my friend.  Not at all.  Would you like another bottle for the road?"

Tim reaches into his bag and pulls out another bottle, nearly identical to the first.

Lucine froze at Aquila's "homothingy" line. She had, in fact, misremembered; Tim had been nice to her and seen her sleeping against the power core, so she'd just assumed she'd told him. She didn't speak, quite yet, but it was hard to miss the searching, questioning look she gave the wizard, trying to determine if he was responding to anything but Aquila becoming drunk with an alarming alacrity. This, actually, was enough to draw words out of her after a few moments of internal tension. "Um, are you okay? I don't need you to break someone or something, but I don't think drinks are supposed to affect you that fast."

Tim sort of shrugged.

"It's probably just a little stronger than he's used to.  It's probably close to pure alcohol come to think of it...  Perhaps I'll keep this second bottle instead, wouldn't want to give him kidney failure."

Tim retracted the bottle, sliding it back into one of his bags.

The orange-haired samurai, having been more or less ushered through the ship and into a room, took in a long breath as Kusuke talked to her — a wet-sounding breath as tears gathered in her eyes once again. ”N- nn- no, it’s not the same! I’m, I’m not supposed to be, be like this! It only doesn’t matter if, if I’m not falling apart on the f-field of battle, if I am doing my Duty, but... my wall fell, and in front of that thing, I, I... I was terrified. Shaking, and... you weren’t, like I was. The place my Courage mattered most, and...”

Satomi seemed to be having trouble putting anything coherent together to say, and her eyes were getting wetter and wetter.

”And... and... Arminius...

Satomi’s chest rose and fell as she choked out a breath that turned into a sob, finally beginning to cry outright, desperately trying to wipe away her tears.

”I don’t want, I don’t want to be like this, but I can’t sto-o-op!”

Her last word broken up by heaving sobs, Satomi dissolved into wordlessness, just crying her eyes out.

Frigus decided to board the new larger ship with Harry, he sent some time pacing through the halls looking for something.  Eventually he made his way up, fist onto the deck of the ship which was a bad idea, and then up into the main control room over-viewing the deck.  He stepped inside and noticed the room was in fact occupied.

"Hello there.  You must be from the second group who got this ship.  I'm Frigus, I came up here to keep an eye out for someone."

Right about then a shiny red balloon appeared out of nothing, tied to the bottom was a letter freshly sealed with an odd sort of symbol.

"Oh, I should probably read this."

He took the letter and carefully tore it open, leaving the balloon to float upwards and disappear before even hitting the ceiling.

Leo turns to look at the new person. Presumably someone from the first group? 
"Ah. Hello. Im Leo. This is Snow-"
He gestures to the aforementioned sword at his waist, who's "Eye" has turned towards Frigus, and which promptly speaks in a female voice.
"I can introduce myself"
Ignoring her he continues on.
"And the floating sword over in the corner is Stoneheart"
He gestures over to a corner of the room, where a floating sword made of glowing stone and iron, and surrounded by more of the same is.  Along with a less lively looking assortment of statue/robot things. The sword drifts over to Frigus and its hilt twist off its blade, acting like a head that proceeds to look him over. 
 "Curiosity. New person." By contrast its voice is more robotic, but it carries a vaguely interested inflection. 

Leo watches the balloon drift and fade away. Maybe he should make a drone that could do that. Might be useful.
"So who are you looking for?"

Freya

Needless to say, Freya physically jumped back once Law pulled out his gigantic gun, unsure of where it even CAME from. Where had he stored it? It didn't matter, but she was more than confused. But, thankfully, she managed to put aside her confusion to listen to the rest of what Law had to say, nodding slightly as he went through, "That doesn't sound that good-" she admitted, only for her to suddenly snap her fingers, "Wait, do you think I could use some of that Red Eco? I'll need to learn how it works, but maybe I could use it with my undead, or maybe even myself. Or Casper over there-" she asked, pointing at Casper with her thumb.

Frigus reflexively pulls back as Stoneheart moves over and flies around him.

"Oh uhh didn't see you there, uhh...Stoneheart."

He relaxed a bit and turned back towards Leo.

"I've been part of a group that does this whole mutliverse thing since long before we all got recruited.  I sent a letter to one of my friends and it turns out the boss is livid I just sort of...vanished to come here.  I'm probably going to have to go explain the situation."

He looked back at Stoneheart and the other statues.

"Did you make all these?  or just find them while traveling?"

"I make them. Golems are my specialty. I can make troops, workers, and all sorts of equipment and weapons. Still need to do some work with Stoneheart though, for multiple reasons."

He really needed to look deeper into Stonehearts code. But more then that, he needed as much information on the magic in the seed as possible. Getting more complete code would be massively helpful, but to do that, he would need to expose a wish core to the energy of the corrupt soul....Maybe if he used the magic absorbing flowers he could funnel magic from the seed to a contained core?

One thing was sure, he couldn't just brute force such a powerful curse. He needed more information. Maybe Frigus would know something? He said hes been doing this for a while.

He looks Frigus over for a moment
"What exactly do you do? I'm assuming if you've been doing the whole multiverse travel thing for a while you've got some pretty cool tricks"

Frigus nodded at Leo's confirmation.  Then he raised one hand in front of himself, causing motes of light and cold mist to quickly coalesce into a vague blade shape, a bright flash of light later and he held Frostfell.  Rough shards of ice packed together and ground smooth on the outer cutting edge.

"A Keybalde wielder.  Protect the sanctity of the worlds, defend them from corruption, and all that."

He dismissed his weapon again with another puff of mist and more motes of light.

"We mostly work to deal with people who cause major problems and upset the balance of worlds.  As well as keeping a few races of interdimensional monster in check like Heartless, Dreameaters, and Unversed."