ULTRAAAA! ULTRAAAA! ULTRAAA!...Sun and Moon

2 minutes ago, FactoryofSadness said:

...this is getting awkward...

...but what are your thoughts on the Lycanroc news? Apparently, it's got Tough Claws for its ability while retaining Accelerock.

Tough Claws is going to improve greatly its coverage moves, e.g. Fire Fang/Thunder Fang. I think that, if it keeps a good portion of its speed and Attack, it's gonna be a better version of Midday!

1 hour ago, Zargerth said:

It might learn a new signature move, just like how Accelerock used to be exclusive to Midday Lycanroc. I assume it has different stats to those of both Midday and Midnight forms, perhaps something like this: 75/115/75/55/75/92 (lazy stats distribution, I know fitting for a lazy design)

In case you missed it and for the sake of repeating myself, I had this to say regarding recent news.

I think with Ultra Sun and Moon, they might have Rockruff evolve into Dusk form (and/or Dawn form, depending if the belief of that existing is still up in the air) when you have both Lycanrocs in your team when you evolve it, depending if it's dusk or dawn, hence why I also said Dawn form.  Kinda like how Mantyke evolves into Mantine, or Pancham evolves into Pangoro.

More info has been released on Dusk Lycanroc: It's pure Rock-type and can be obtained only by raising a special Rockruff that is distributed later on. In my opinion this is sort of Ash Greninja- situation, we don't know for sure, (although it's very likely) that Dusk Lycanroc has stats that exceed the Midday and Midnight forms.

Edited by Zargerth

13 hours ago, Zargerth said:

More info has been released on Dusk Lycanroc: It's pure Rock-type and can be obtained only by raising a special Rockruff that is distributed later on. In my opinion this is sort of Ash Greninja- situation, we don't know for sure, (although it's very likely) that Dusk Lycanroc has stats that exceed the Midday and Midnight forms.

If that's the case, then I think that Game Freak just preferred to create a new form instead of buffing Midday Lycanroc. Midday and Dusk look 95% the same apart from mane and colour (which could even be a shiny, so no big deal). They also have same typing. Unless Dusk has a different signature move than Midday, then it is just a typical writer's block case... They didn't know what to do, so they just tweaked a few things.

43 minutes ago, Jess said:

If that's the case, then I think that Game Freak just preferred to create a new form instead of buffing Midday Lycanroc. Midday and Dusk look 95% the same apart from mane and colour (which could even be a shiny, so no big deal). They also have same typing. Unless Dusk has a different signature move than Midday, then it is just a typical writer's block case... They didn't know what to do, so they just tweaked a few things.

You can look it up on Serebii. The bit about it's power is just my speculation. I fail to understand why you can't obtain it through normal gameplay if it wasn't any stronger than other Lycanroc forms. This is starting to look like exactly how not to make new forms.

Lol at Gamefreak making a big deal about the "new" region map when it's literally just the old one with different colors and a swirly black thing.

Anyway, according to Serebii, they've also said that there'd be more Pokémon-specific Z moves.

Wow, they're trying a bit too hard to make Z moves as good as megas.  If I came up with a Z move that damages both opponents and raised all my stats, I'd be laughed off this site.

With only a base 85 speed Kommo-o will have a bit of trouble using it before he gets killed, especially now that everyone will know his trick and make a point to try and kill him.  But what if you pair him with a Fake Out user, I wonder...

• Thanks 1

Last time we saw a swirling vortex of doom, we got sucked into the distortion world and experienced what can only be described as 2.5D... So I'm looking forward to this. I think it's safe to say we'll be seeing a bit more of our Ultra Spacy friends.

My only concern is if they (Gamefreak) decide to make this a sequel to SM or just an updated version (like Platinum). I wouldn't be too upset either way, given how SM felt rather incomplete to me. 

• 3 weeks later...

New UBs? No one expected that! Finally some legit hype for this game?

However it's confirmed that this game isn't a BW2 type sequel, as there's images of GET BACK IN DA BAG NEBBY! at melemele meadow showing it's the same basic storyline but with some twists. Kind of a bummer but hopefully the new content makes up for it.

I'm willing to bet we're getting more than just Ultra Beasts.  What we are most likely going to get are also more Alolan forms, especially since this is an alternate story of the games.  Who knows, maybe we'll get regular Ninetales, and Alolan Arcanine finally.  By that logic, I'm thinking that we are likely going to be able to get the regular forms as well, along with getting even more Alolan Pokemon that may have previously been regular Pokemon in Sun and Moon.  It's hard to say for sure.

Speculation is afoot in this post. You have been warned.

So, we all know that two new UBs have been introduced, which is fairly awesome because Pokémon have never been introduced mid-generation before.

If we look at the trends that Pokémon has set forth since the franchise started, the national dex has always left off on a mythical/ event Pokémon, not on a regular obtainable Pokémon. So, it appears to be all but guaranteed that for USUM we'll see at least 3 new Pokémon. 

In the early rumors about Pokémon Stars, it was said that this game would function as a third version, add ~20 new Pokémon to the dex, and that it would be on the Switch. Given the information set forth, USUM, while being on the 3DS, appear to be functioning as third versions, due to some of the gameplay footage that was recently shown. Could it be that the system is the only thing that the rumors got wrong, and we'll see approximately 20 new Pokémon in this game?

Personally, I would like to see more Pokémon in addition to the new UBs. Maybe a fifth Tapu as a way to round out the national dex this time around (a leader Tapu of sorts, one that leads the others), as the Strange Souvenir is supposed to represent one of the Alolan guardian deities, yet doesn't look like Koko, Lele, Bulu, or Fini. Thoughts are welcome 

So, in the lovely spoiler, I've got an image of the USUM promotional poster, and everyone's flipping out over the mysterious people. But there are a set of eyes imposed on the image, and they appear to be the same eyes on the case art. Possible third Necrozma form of pure light/energy?

IMG_1674.PNG