Looking for Pokémon trainers!

ssbCasper

This is based on a character in a tv show called Dark Matter, a really great sci-fi show that just got cancelled 

Trainer name: Five (new name) or Emily (original name)

Trainer type: Mechanical girl

Favorite type, types or theme for a team:  steel or electrick to represent her talent and maybe other pokemon that are smart.

Ace Pokemon: Magearna really fits her but that is a legendary. so based on pokedex entry, it's either Mawile or Empoleon.

Character traits or personality: In the show she is the IT girl who is proficient in electrical engineering and quick with her wits. Not kidding, she is the youngest and potentially the most dangerous member on the team. One of the reason is because people were easily fooled by her age and innocent appearance. She is also caring person, willing to protect friends and even strangers if she found them worth her saving. She also does not gives up easily, a trait that fits well with her age. But being part of a criminal space team means she is not afraid to get her hands dirty. This video is one of her early moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U_-SX1pPds

Gah, how in Mew's pink holy name did I miss this thread?! 

trainer name: Estelle 

trainer type: Librarian 

Favorite type, types or theme for a team: Fairy-types mostly, because fairy tales.  

Ace Pokemon: Sylveon 

Character traits or personality: She's a bit shy at first, but talk about books and she opens right up. She's also a bit of nerd and enjoys all things mythology, folklore, and fairy tales. Estelle is a friendly character and tries to do what she considers to be the right thing, but can be a bit hesitant at first due to being a bit of a fearful person. Despite this, she's quick to act if her family, friends, or Pokémon are in grave danger. Also, has a fear of Beedrill (makes sense, considering fairies are weak to poison, and wasps are scary, haha). 

(optimal): if you were an important figure what would your sprite be like: I don't have an example, but something based on the Clerk class would be fitting. Alternatively, a sprite of a female with glasses wearing a cardigan and dark pants would be perfect. Can't have a proper librarian without a cardi, haha. 

@Star Arcana Wouldn't it also make sense for Estelle to use maybe a dragon-type pokemon and a pokemon that sort of resembles a knight?

As the 1st things someone thinks of when hearing fairy tales are a princess, knight and a dragon.

(Although I guess this might just be a stupid idea, as there aren't really a lot of pokemon that resemble a knight, the knight-like pokemon would also pretty much become the ace and I'd be screwing up your trainer idea)

Edited by Noctelis

This basically is me in real life. So here it goes!

Trainer Name: Matthew

Trainer Type: Cool Kid

Favorite Type, Types or Theme for a Team: Well Idk if you would want what my preferred team would be but I'll give you that and then favorite types. I'll let you choose which to use. Doesn't matter to me.

My Personal Team: Arbok, Goodra, Gliscor, Clawitzer, Decidueye, Weezing

Favorite Types: Poison and Dragon

Ace Pokémon: Arbok OR Goodra (They're both my number 1 favorites so I can't pick between the 2. xD )

Character Traits or Personality: Well... Someone who's somewhat full of himself and thinks he's just that damn good. Deep down though, he knows he's not and just wants to be liked. Easily gets distracted by simple things. Usually is on some kind of electronic device. Ohh. And he basically overuses the word "Awesome" a lot. But, if he calls someone else awesome, he sees them as a real good friend and is willing to do anything to help them.

(optimal): if you were an important figure what would you sprite be like: I don't have a sprite for example or anything but basically a heavyset man, with black shorts on and a red tank top. My hair would be brown with the bangs that go down to the the end of my eyes.

And there you go! Hope this is good enough. :D

This is a "4th wall-breaking" NPC

Name: Roberto

Type: Common Guy

Favorite Type: any from these: Espeon, Gardevoir, Shedinja, Leavanny, Volcarona, Heracross, Ribombee, Vespiquen, Flygon, Blastoise, Hydreigon

Ace: Espeon, Gardevoir or Blastoise

Before the battle: "I bet you just want the EXP and money, isn't it?" or "I can already feel your plot armor."

After the battle: "Don't mind me. I'm just an NPC with too little personality to say anithing significant."

trainer name: Stoic

trainer type: Disavowed (Ace)

Favorite type, types or theme for a team: Strong and Hard Fought (Pokemon that aren't easily trained, ie. Volcarona, Gyarados, Tyranitar, Metagross, Aerodactyl: late game foe)

Ace Pokemon: Hydreigon

Character traits or personality: Brooding. Fought on the King's side during the war. Defected for the safety of my family, but was betrayed by both sides. Family perished in the end and now I roam the region, a ghost, looking to squash both the "New Order" (Elected Council) and Team Royale.

(optimal): if you were an important figure what would your sprite be like: Cross between AZ and Ghetsis (not descriptive, I know)

P.S. Love what you're doing with the project, my man. I've come up with some fangame concepts of my own and I love to see other peoples' creative ideas. I wish you well in your endeavors. 

Edited by StoicStone

ohhhhhh this look fun!

trainer name: Leon

trainer type: Jade Trainer

Favorite theme: pretty random if you look at my team

personal team: Noivern, Greninja, Infernape, Metagross, Vikavolt, Decidueye

Ace Pokemon: Noivern

Character traits or personality: all around nice guy who help anyone in need, love to pokemon battle, but can be lazy at some point

this is how he looks like in sprites

trainer000.png.145c43839895c8f00cf233fd2f33050a.png

Edited by LeonVermillion

Bear with me because I'm going to list quite a few:

name: (hopebringer) Morty

theme: ghost, using the past to make a better future; also a gym leader

ace Pokemon: probably gengar

description:

Spoiler

former gym leader of Ecruteak City (now ~50 years old, but still has his dank scarf), he respected the city's traditions and respect for Pokemon, specifically Ho-oh, who roosted there. But as time passed, the city began modernizing and forgetting its traditions. Eventually, it became a cesspool of violence, corruption, and exploitation of both people and Pokemon. Then one day, a terrible fire consumed almost the entire city. Following the terrible tragedy, Morty is now staging a relocation project for Ecruteak's survivors and is looking towards building a New Ecruteak in a new region that will once again embody its old ways. He's fought to become a gym leader in this new region, and now works multiple jobs so that one day, his dream might just become a reality.

name: (viking lord) Nolferth

theme: bug/ice, drinkin' mead and fellin' trees; also a gym leader

ace Pokemon: avalugg

description:

Spoiler

the overseer of the Polar Sanctuary, Nolferth resides in his renowned mead hall, the Stone Hearth, where he and his friends/family brew their own drinks, hunt their own game, chop their own firewood, and play Blizzard card games. He is a large, hairy man who is witty and quick to laugh, but has a quick temper. He enjoys living life away from the city and its politics, pollution, and problems, but feels as though his Polar Sanctuary will eventually grow so large that it will suffer the same fate. He wants to live simply with his family, and will not see his home become a exploitative tourist hub.

name: (dragonslayer) Strauss and Ansa

theme: fairy and ice, respectively, rival sisters and renowned dragonslayers

ace Pokemon: two fakemons of mine, Solipsia and Colosswhal, respectively

description:

Spoiler

These sisters suffered the loss of their mother at a young age (presumably killed by their now absent father, a dragon-type trainer); and both sisters blame the other for their mother's death. At first, they tried making it on their own separately, but neither was surviving alone on the streets. So they eventually reunited, but out of necessity more than love. Yet while together, they proved unstoppable, and eventually rose to fame and fortune as powerful trainers, adventurers, and hunters of legendary Pokemon (specifically dragons). Older sister Strauss (fairy) is cool, calm, and collected; fearless, bold, graceful, and strategic. She is a natural leader and believes in the power of the law, but is by no means a self-sacrificing saint. In fact, she can sometimes view people as pieces in a game. But she holds close the ones she loves, and will defend those she deems worth defending. Ansa (ice), on the other hand, is a firebrand. Her exterior is cold and dark, but she is incredibly charismatic and even ostentatious. Keeping mostly to herself, she is at home in the underworld and black markets. She acts as a highly skilled agent in combat and diplomacy, as well as occasional purveyor of rare items. She hunts legendary pokemon for sport, and has quite the reputation across the land. Both still seek their murderous father, wherever he now may be.

name: Thor (Duke of Levington) (Thor is his stage name, his real name is Gerald Carver)

theme: electric, a self-absorbed showman

ace Pokemon: Thundurus

description:

Spoiler

One of the wealthiest noblemen of the region, Duke Carver is better known by his stage name, Thor. He is renowned as a powerful electric-type trainer and user of legendary Pokemon. He has many business dealings and ties, including being principal shareholder in various technological and energy corporations. But he is mostly widely recognized for starring in the hit television show, Smitten, which is about the drama, action, business, and love affairs of the gods of various pantheons. Guess which god he plays on screen. As a person, Duke Carver comes off as a bit too good to be true, seemingly buying into his own hype and taking every measure to maintain a spotless public image. But due to the nature of his lifestyle, Duke Carver has very little in terms of a home life. As a result, Thorson, his son, has cast aside his father's mantle and aims to be everything his father is not.

name: (aspirant) Thorson Carver

theme: wetlands, a hipster environmentalist 

ace Pokemon: Skymin (eventually)

description:

Spoiler

Son of one of the wealthiest noblemen of the region, Thorson Carver has lived his entire life in his father's shadow. Hating how he has no relationship with his 'phony' dad, Thorson turned to the internet and became involved in various blogs and activist groups. He currently is associated with the Wellspring Foundation, which seeks to use technology as a way of fostering the growth and preservation of the natural environment and healthy living. Thorson hates the persecution and exploitation found in industry, technology, and in the cities in general, and wants to carve his own path. But instead of being like his father, who he believes is a 'phony television persona' who does nothing to actually help people, Thorson wants to show he can be powerful and influential, but in a way where he can actually make a directly meaningful difference in the lives of real peopl--and maybe even have a family of his own one day. A family that he actually cares about.

name: (ace trainer) Allisyn

theme: balanced, a girl with something to prove

ace Pokemon: Seraphair (fakemon for dragonite, which has art that looks more like dragonair than orange Barney)

description:

Spoiler

Allisyn is stunningly beautiful, impressively intellectual, and naturally talented at everything she puts her mind to. Unfortunately, she was born into poverty. Her entire childhood Allisyn struggled because she was different and misunderstood and was bullied and hurt at every turn. As she grew up and struggled to find a better life, she's made mistakes, accumulated debt, suffered abuse, and grown calloused to the world. Now she struggles with self-esteem and depression over her wasted potential. Then one fateful day, she came across a Dratini. Now, she's decided to try and use this incredibly rare Pokemon to try and improve her lot in life. Will she become a better person as a result? Or will her damaged psyche and scarred conscience doom her from the outset?

name: (master trader) Ma'iq (also known as Ma'iq the liar)

theme: sandstorm, grass, the leader of a kha'jiit merchant caravan; also a gym leader

ace Pokemon: Cacturne

description:

Spoiler

A comedy character, Ma'iq will usually say the opposite of what he means. But sometimes he will actually say what he means, leading to ridiculous situations. He uses this persona to his advantage as a trader, and is regarded as a brilliant but somewhat daft trickster. Ma'iq's caravan has the monopoly of the entire oasis route, and he brings in additional income from the league by serving as a gym leader. It's a well-kept secret that his gym's type is not what challengers expect it to be going in, which plays strongly to Ma'iq's advantage. And this results in him making more money, so it's a lose-lose for Ma'iq... and, in case you weren't paying attention, that's a 'win-win' in Ma'iq speak.

More to come, eventually. Don't want to get too far ahead of myself here.

Edited by Octavius

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's really cool how you're making it way for fans to be able to join the game so I'd like to have a shot at it too haha.

Trainer Name: Daniel

Trainer Type: Wanderer

Team: Crawdaunt, Honchkrow, Gardevoir, Mismagius, Porygon-Z, Volcarona

( Not sure how I could give this a theme though... However anything with just psychic and dark types on one team would be cool as well. I just really like the idea of that contrast)

Ace Pokemon: Volcarona ( if you go with the just psychic/ dark team Honchkrow would be the ace)

Traits/Personality: He's had a rough life and so has become somewhat shy and careful around others; even to the point where we might misunderstand him for being cold hearted. However he's very quick to open up almost as if it's desperation that's allowing for this bond to form. Once his shackles ( metaphorically speaking ) are broken he becomes a rowdy and kind character. He often cares a little too much about others and doesn't want anyone to go through the suffering that he has.

( rip don't know how to sprite, but I'd want this character to have black hair and a light complexion . Though anythings fine really )

Hmmm....

Trainer name : Ainz

Trainer type :  Overlord of Death ( if it's possible ) or just a lonely wanderer who decided to stay in underground

Fav. type : Any ( Nazarick can accept any mon as long as the mon have it's usefulness, so why not? )

but.... if i have to make a team, here's my main team = Blaziken, Swampert, Venusaur, Aggron, Haxorus and finally Ditto :D 

Ace Pokemon : Ditto ( for me, Ditto = Pandora's Actor*  )

Personality : Mysterious, can be cruel sometimes, but he's just a nice to hang around guy

Optimal : Just like regular Ainz Ooal Gown, but in human form ;) 

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown
* = if you don't know who Pandora's Actor is, just Google it ;)

Name:Chloe,Blair or Grey

Trainer Type: She's a famous movie star and/or also one of the admin of the evil organization if there's any

Her team: (She always battle in Doubles)

Spoiler

(The moves are just my Idea to make them hard to beat)

Meowstic(M)        Scrafty            Volcarona           Milotic               Nidoqueen            Mega Altaria(My Ace)

-L.Screen            -D.Dance         -Feiry Dance      -Scald/H.Pump    -Earth Power         -Cotton Guard/D.Dance

-Reflect              -H.jump kick    -Quiver Dance    -Mirror Coat        -Sludge Bomb        -Return(Pixilated)

-Psychic              -Iron Head      -Giga Drain        -Recover             -T.Bolt                  -Earthquake

-Thunderbolt       -Crunch           -Bug Buzz          -Dragon Tail       -Ice Beam              -Roost

Personality: She's Giovanni's daughter that's why she's famous and in evil org. she's not really evil nor good. she's cold and doesn't talk too much but she really love her pokemons esp. her meowstic.she will give a ton amount of money if beaten.

Sprite: I imagine her as the girl in my profile pic ^^ 

When i first found the game i decided against trying to become a trainer but i kinda changed my mind so here goes:

trainer name:Pozyher

trainer type:Wanderer or School kid

Favorite type, types or theme for a team:Fire type team(Rotom-H,Ninetales,A-Marowak(or Darmaritan depending on when the character will appear in the game), and the ace being Charizard or Charmeleon or Magmar)

Depending on the time the character appears in the game any line from these mons(Vulpix instead of Ninetales for example) is cool as well

Ace Pokemon:Charizard but if my boy is too strong then Charmeleon or Magmar

Character traits or personality:Tries to be funny failing most of the time

he is really lazy, he doesnt like being lazy but he doesnt care enough to try and change the fact that he is lazy

the only thing he values more than sleeping and food is pokemon

the only thing he actively tries to be good at (and shows no signs of laziness) is pokemon battling even though he is not as good as he had hoped to be

his Ninetales(or Vulpix depending on what you choose) likes to be fed straight from his hand which he finds really cute,but he doesnt admit that.

I found this and I like it so I'll chip in

Trainer Name: Zed

Class: Pkmn Trainer

Favorite type: All around. I'll get to his team later

Character traits: He seems to know everything about everyone, and is aware of future events as though he's been told what will happen.

He tends to pop up when something serious is going down, then vanishes once everything's over.

Zed appears to have rules concerning what information he shares, only letting the player know as much as necessary and if asked how he knows so much or is asked for more details he simply replies "My sponsor wishes not to share that information"

He's not an anti-hero as he usually tries to talk before resorting to fighting, and despises killing, but if he's ever pissed off nothing can stop him.

Team: Typhlosion as an ace.

A Crawdaunt nicknamed Nico

Mismagius named Zirze

Alolan Sandslash named Nino

Electrode named Zero (has Self Destruct/Explosion)

Ribombee named Nary

Also a Regigigas named Zer, but he's normally boxed and only pulled out for emergencies, he'll switch it for Zero

If I have time I'll make a sprite, but Zed had red eyes, dark brown hair, and a blue hoodie with a Z on the back.

If you take an interest I can come up with more trainers.

(The nicknames of the Pokemon and Zed himself are based off OCs of mine. I tried to pick the Pokemon I thought fit best with each character)

i saw this and i wanted to be in a pokemon fan game. so here is my trainers details. please let me be in the game

Trainer Name:Iron Avenger or Sam 

Type:Comics Fanatic or Pokemon Trainer

Character Traits:Comics fan. know it all.kind.really funny. makes great jokes.likes weird things. Has great detective skills like Sherlock Holmes.Nerd.

Team: the theme revolves around pokemon that share a similarity to some of my favorite comic book characters. they are

Magneton or magnezone called magneto

Electrivire called electro

Gengar called deadman

Alakazam called Dr.Strange

Raikou Or Arcanine called Zabu ( i would prefer Raikou cause he looks more like a saber tooth tiger)

Mega lucario called nightwing

Ace pokemon: my ace would of course be nightwing(lucario)

If i learn how to make a sprite, i will make one.Nut i imagine my character would be either like my profile picture or just a guy wearing a hoodie saying "i love comics".

PS:if you want to make any changes to my team pls be my guest or use the team in my signature if you do not like the team i set up

Edited by Iron Avenger

Well, I guess i'll give it a go.

trainer name: Sumanth or B.R.S., if you prefer.

trainer type: Expert, but a very young and youthful one. Try to make me a very strong bad character who the hero loses to in the beginning or something like that but reclaims himself after some happenings and joins the hero.

Favorite type: Psychic, Fairy, Grass, Ice, Steel

Theme: The pokemons might not look strong but are real strong like an azumarill, gardevoir, vanilluxe,etc.

Ace Pokemon: Mega Venusaur, Escavalier(holding Occa Berry) (with Drill Run, Megahorn, Iron Head). EV trained equally tanky and offensive if an important character.

Character traits or personality: Usually found at the end of a big forest or after a big long route between cities. Very knowledgeable and experienced but harsh in the beginning, heroic at the end.

Sprite: 

I know this is from Naruto, an anime I like but this would be great.

Pein.thumb.png.5c96d6b1c4dc36613eb0e50b5377d1bf.png

Make me one of the bad guys who turn good if there is such a thing in your game. It would be really great of you.

trainer name: Shin

trainer type: Veteran

Favorite type, types or theme for a team: Kaijuu inspired mons: Nidoking evolution line (Baragon), Volcarona evolution line (Mothra), hydreigon evolution line (King Ghidorah), tyranitar evolution line(Godzilla evidently), Slaking (King kong)... Him having either evolution (e.g a nidoran, or a zweilous, or a pupitar) depending on the point in the game, not going to ask for a level 15 volcarona lol

Ace Pokemon: Tyranitar

Character traits or personality: Someone who likes pokémon based on their skill for destruction and tries to show the player their way. This is proved either right or wrong for him when he wins or loses at the hands of the player (Regarding to their text lines)

(optimal): if you were an important figure what would your sprite be like: Either one of these is good for me :)

Spoiler

Veterano_NB.gif.13cbbda5e340b7912b3d7e815e893a20.gif

Cheshire.png.5dabbf59c26783d6d53411ca4c73d1b5.png

Edited by kithas