[Game Over! GG] Mafia Mania: Investigations

6 hours ago, UnicornJesus said:

Hmm, this sounds interesting. How long will it last? I didn´t fully understand the game yet, because it´s the first time I heard of it, but I´m gonna think about it, and tell asap if I want in or not

This will be lasting for around 2 weeks, I guess. Don't worry, you don't have to be active for so many hours in the day. It will be fun though ~

Also, 18 players atm. I'll be waiting on 2 more to join before I start Night Zero.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night Zero

The night in the village of Investigativia was somewhat different from the other nights. There was a strange ominous feeling in the air, as if there was something big that was going to happen in the village starting from that night. Of course, the so-called detectives of the village picked this feeling up and decided that there was a need to act, and they immediately readied themselves for the coming dead of night where the dark forces might strike.

But, what could this set of detectives do when some of them were frauds, while others were naive and paranoid? And what could they do when even a few of them were idiots and morons? The tale of the Detectives in the village of Investigativia as they try to conquer the scheming Mafia starts tonight! How will this story end? Will the Detectives find the evil within or will the Mafia completely raze the village?

======

Night Zero has started. You have 24 hours to send in your respective Night Actions. Strictly no commenting on the thread during the Night Phase.

Please take a careful read on the rule set presented on the first page! Thanks.

======

Mafia Mania: Investigations Player List

Monsieur Divergent as your Game Moderator

1. Paul25 as ???
 2. Quinnox as ???
 3. Cataline as ???
 4. FairFamily as ???
 5. Jace Stormkirk as ???
 6. Satoshi as ???
 7. Greninja as ???
 8. LykosHand as ???
 9. Alphagar as ???
10. Pdart0304 as ???
11. Megagun as ???
12. Candy as ???
13. Hongaarse Beer as ???
14. Endearing Character Trait as ???
15. Snowy Amine as ???
16. Unicorn Jesus as ???
17. Anti_Hero as ???
18. Digital Amber as ??? 

[If anyone wants to catch up in joining the game, just comment below, and I'll be including you; this offer expires five hours from this post though, so hurry if you want to]

Day One

Some people tried to be clever. 

"I'd like to investigate myself."

They couldn't though.

"But there's nothing that says I can't..."

Well, yeah, you could argue that, but it's virtually impossible to investigate yourself. You can't look yourself in the eye and find out your inner self, and you can't exactly find out your own background. Of course, the Mafia magically destroyed all the mirrors in the town during the night.

The two tried to look into another person's background instead. The other detectives tried to look into people who had a record of being a Mafia member while others tried to see into people they didn't know much. Some though tried to see if their friends were innocent. 

Unfortunately, one detective, Satoshi, had his life taken away from him as he examined his data.

Satoshi is dead. He was a Detective.

=====

!!IMPORTANT!! I won't be revealing what kind of Detective someone was before they died. That's for you to find out, however, you'll get a chance to do so, so read on to find out about an additional mechanic.

Monsieur Divergent sat in his office in the center of Investigatavia. He read some of the filed reports, "How many Mafia infiltrated the village? "How many Detective are there for each kind?" "How many townspeople are there?"

He grinned as he read those reports. Of course, those detectives had started to become curious about the setup. He knew the answers to all those questions, but he couldn't just give them out. That would make the investigation too easy, right? But, he couldn't leave them without a bit of help, can he? So, he gathered all the Detectives (while the Mafia infiltrated, of course) in the Town Hall and began his speech.

"With this becoming an unfamiliar kind of setup (semi-open setup where the number of people in each role isn't revealed), I have decided to offer a bit of help, but I can't make it so that the Mafia will be too much at a disadvantage as you may not use your creative thinking, aye? I will be answering ONE QUESTION ONLY PER DAY PHASE from a wide a range of questions. The answered question will be decided by MAJORITY VOTE, so along with you voting out to eliminate someone, you'll also vote for the information you want to receive."

"Here are your questions:
(A) How many Mafia are there in this setup?
(B) How many Sane Detectives are there?
(C) How many Insane Detectives are there?
(D) How many Naive Detectives are there?
(E) How many Paranoid Detectives are there?
(F) How many Confused Detectives are there?
(G) What kind of Detective was Satoshi?"

"To vote for a question, follow this format, [Answer] Question (Letter). With that said, good luck, Detectives!"

======

Day One has started. You have 48 hours to discuss and talk about game-related stuff. Discuss also on who to vote out for this round/phase (ABSTAINING in this game is NOT ALLOWED) and what information to recieve for this Day Phase.

Voting Formats:
* For voting out a player, [Eliminate] Player Name
* For receiving info, [Answer] Question (Letter)
Both votes are to be submitted each Day Phase.

======

Mafia Mania: Investigations Player List
Monsieur Divergent as your Game Moderator

1. Paul25 as ???
 2. Quinnox as ???
 3. Cataline as ???
 4. FairFamily as ???
 5. Jace Stormkirk as ???
 6. Satoshi as a Detective [Killed N0]
 7. Greninja as ???
 8. LykosHand as ???
 9. Alphagar as ???
10. Pdart0304 as ???
11. Megagun as ???
12. Candy as ???
13. Hongaarse Beer as ???
14. Endearing Character Trait as ???
15. Snowy Amine as ???
16. Unicorn Jesus as ???
17. Anti_Hero as ???
18. Digital Amber as ??? 

3 minutes ago, Greninja said:

I think the most beneficial question is to know what detective satoshi was. And/or we can gather all of our investigations and compare.

And what does that offer us knowing what kind of detective he was? He hasn't told anything, made any votes, ... . Right now I think the best information we get is to know how many maffia there are out there to help us discover our own role.

4 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

And what does that offer us knowing what kind of detective he was? He hasn't told anything, made any votes, ... . Right now I think the best information we get is to know how many maffia there are out there to help us discover our own role.

well if his role was revealed, there is more of a probability that you aren't one of his roles. also yeah i didn't consider that but I would assume the mafia is 2-4 people hence why I pick the last option.

8 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

We ought to know that how many mafias are around here. Why? In which way we'd be benefited?

3 minutes ago, Greninja said:

well if his role was revealed, there is more of a probability that you aren't one of his roles. also yeah i didn't consider that but I would assume the mafia is 2-4 people hence why I pick the last option.

In fact, Knowing that information is not bad actually. Is it?

And yeah, Only a few players are mafia around here so....

I think Satoshi being out instantly could be a clue to one specific mafia member if you think about it. The vengeful Jace Stormkirk who never got his revenge in the previous mafia game.

I would vote for since that is the question that wouldn't give information to the mafia but would benefit us a lot 

Each of us has to discover what kind of detective we are, most likely you investigated someone and you got inocent or mafia, but without knowing what are you, you can't simply say person X is mafia, let's kill them. 

The problem is that there is the randome detective you can only know if you investigated someone who is dead and even then it's hard to tell. To eliminate someone is hard right now, only in some nights we could be sure 

I will abstain 

Is there still the rule that we can't abstain 2 days in a row?

4 minutes ago, Anti_Hero said:

I would vote for since that is the question that wouldn't give information to the mafia but would benefit us a lot 

Each of us has to discover what kind of detective we are, most likely you investigated someone and you got inocent or mafia, but without knowing what are you, you can't simply say person X is mafia, let's kill them. 

The problem is that there is the randome detective you can only know if you investigated someone who is dead and even then it's hard to tell. To eliminate someone is hard right now, only in some nights we could be sure 

I will abstain 

Uh, please follow the proper voting format shown in the Day One phase post.

Also, I've stated that in this game Abstaining is not allowed not once, not ever.

2 minutes ago, Anti_Hero said:

I will abstain 

1 hour ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

(ABSTAINING in this game is NOT ALLOWED)

Well all the options don't give information to the mafia but knowing the number of mafia doesn't really help a lot because we still don't know our role but if we know who satoshi is then we can logically determine the probability of us being a specific detective.

16 minutes ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

Uh, please follow the proper voting format shown in the Day One phase post.

Also, I've stated that in this game Abstaining is not allowed not once, not ever.

I am sorry 

Then it would be 

[Answer] Question (A)

17 minutes ago, Greninja said:

Well all the options don't give information to the mafia but knowing the number of mafia doesn't really help a lot because we still don't know our role but if we know who satoshi is then we can logically determine the probability of us being a specific detective.

I disagree. The only thing the mafia knows is that they are X people. They don't know how many detectives there are and there are 3 types of detectives that are bad, the one that appears always as inocent, the one that appears always mafia and the one that is randome . The other types are dangerous for the mafia since they can get information out of it. 

And we don't know if there is one type with 5 detectives and the rest with 2 ( this is an example) we can't just assume we aren't that type just because satoshi was that one. This is the information that would benefit us less and would benefit the mafia more (since we would lose one turn to get a good information) 

The person (of there is any) who investigated satoshi is the one who received more information 

And we don't know if there is one type with 5 detectives and the rest with 2 ( this is an example) we can't just assume we aren't that type just because satoshi was that one. This is the information that would benefit us less and would benefit the mafia more (since we would lose one turn to get a good information) 

The person (of there is any) who investigated satoshi is the one who received more information 

Good point, I haven't considered that the detectives aren't evenly distributed. 

Maybe we can start by telling who we visited first.

I'm stating the obvious but we should just accept we won't be getting so much information this first day. Nor will everyone find the information super useful.

That being said, it'll be interesting to see who will be lynched going by what we say/choose right now.. which is not going off much. Ack...

It will be a hard time voting, that's for sure. Especially now with such little information. I honestly would only be able to think of how others are and how they play, what they use for their strategies and such (hence my thoughts on Jace due to his vengeful thinking). I'm going to hold off on casting a vote yet of course as it's best to see what others have to say. 

I think the reason Satoshi was chosen is because in the previous mafia game that most of us partook in, he was the last mafia standing, showing that he's got good skills in camouflage.

i think I'd like to know how many mafia there are too, but will make up my mind later

If we don't want to vote we can always choose anyone at randome, for example I chose candy (just an example and because you are right above me) then every other person chooses someone else, meaning every character gets one vote so no one is killed 

Of course this is to get a bit more time to get information. No one is obligated to follow 

1 hour ago, Anti_Hero said:

I'm not sure that's the case bc the ppl who investigated him may not be "sane".

If we were to ask Monsieur Divergent the option e question, then they'd know more about themselves.

if there's no one who investigated Sayoshi, I'd say knowing what detective he was isn't important :P

14 minutes ago, Candy said:

I'm not sure that's the case bc the ppl who investigated him may not be "sane".

If we were to ask Monsieur Divergent the option e question, then they'd know more about themselves.

if there's no one who investigated Sayoshi, I'd say knowing what detective he was isn't important :P

I agree with the last part, the people who investigated him will know if they where right or wrong , either way excluding 2 types of detectives they are 

That is why it would be clever to investigate yourself but as Monsieur said, it isn't possible 

I feel like it will take several days for everyone to find out his/her role. To discern your own role you kind of need to investigate several people to be able to collect enough data to notice a certain pattern.

I would like to know how many confused detectives there are. So Answer question F

Simply for the reason that the information confused detectives receive are completely random. If there are none (not sure if that is possible though), at least everyone will know that the information they receive isn't random and that patterns can be discovered

EDIT: I won't cast a vote yet, it's too early for that

Edited by HongaarseBeer