[Game Over! GG] Mafia Mania: Investigations

On 7/23/2017 at 6:43 AM, Quinnox said:

I think Satoshi being out instantly could be a clue to one specific mafia member if you think about it. The vengeful Jace Stormkirk who never got his revenge in the previous mafia game.

On 7/23/2017 at 9:05 AM, Quinnox said:

It will be a hard time voting, that's for sure. Especially now with such little information. I honestly would only be able to think of how others are and how they play, what they use for their strategies and such (hence my thoughts on Jace due to his vengeful thinking). I'm going to hold off on casting a vote yet of course as it's best to see what others have to say. 

well this is interesting. as for the whole vengeance thing i was taking up the persona of the gal in love i was assigned the second time around (does it help that all the villains were on my list?) i do not care who killed me before i do not hold grudges. (you know what i just realized that i am making a sane argument to insane and paranoid people and i might also be paranoid or insane... funny thought)

also this applies here 

Spoiler

Image result for detective memes

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How intruiging. So here are my thoughts.

1. If we were to find out how many paranoid people we are, we could start to use that to our advantage. Example: say there are 3 paranoid, and over the course of several nights, or less time, 5 people have investigated 1 person and marked said person as Mafia, then...chances are higher that the marked person truly is Mafia.

We can only get the info for each type per day phase though, so we won't finish getting the whole picture until 4-5 more people are killed.

I think I'll vote to know how many mafia there is (to know today's odds of hitting one), and the next time how many sane detectives, since those are the only ones who get the correct info.

That is, if no one investigated the murdered detective, because if there was, I'd prioritize that first - to know if you are sane or not yourself.

So, ANSWER - QUESTION A

we also could assign someone to investigate (all of us will investigate that person) and next day we kill that person. 

here is why, everyone wil exclude at best 2 possibilities for their role. Note that I dont agree with this sacrifice idea but its an option. or we all reveal what we investigated for that person, of course that we dont get much information only after that person is dead or we know what we are... 

to know if we are randome we can always investigate several times the same person. for example our first try we got mafia (we are or paranoid, or true detective or always wrong or randome) if we investigate other people and get inocent then we could exclude paranoid, but never the other 2, randome can only be excluded after some people died or if we investigated 2 times the same person and we got diferent results. 

meaning that at best we need 2 more nights to be certain we are a usefull detective and with luch we know witch of the 2

Eddit:
Note that of we know how many mafia there are we can after several nights (most likely end game) know for certain what we are 

Edited by Anti_Hero

I agree with Beer. Confused detectives are the worst for the people, since they can be more often misleaded by their beliefs. Sane and Insane detectives are the true detectives of the game and and naive and paranoid as soon as they figure themsleves out they will know they are just regular townspeople. So....

Answer question F

About who to vote, this may sound a little rough, but since we don't have any reliable information about anyone, we should vote in who we investigated, so by trying to eliminate the one most people investigated, more people will have a clue about what kind of detective they are.

2 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:

we also could assign someone to investigate (all of us will investigate that person) and next day we kill that person. 

here is why, everyone wil exclude at best 2 possibilities for their role. Note that I dont agree with this sacrifice idea but its an option. or we all reveal what we investigated for that person, of course that we dont get much information only after that person is dead or we know what we are... 

to know if we are randome we can always investigate several times the same person. for example our first try we got mafia (we are or paranoid, or true detective or always wrong or randome) if we investigate other people and get inocent then we could exclude paranoid, but never the other 2, randome can only be excluded after some people died or if we investigated 2 times the same person and we got diferent results. 

meaning that at best we need 2 more nights to be certain we are a usefull detective and with luch we know witch of the 2

Eddit:
Note that of we know how many mafia there are we can after several nights (most likely end game) know for certain what we are 

If we do this it'll be a repeat of Monsieur's last Mafia game because if you think about it it'll be a slower role revealing as people are all getting into one then sharing info. Like your strategy could be used but it could also hinder the fun and mystery the game is supposed to bring idk.

1 hour ago, Quinnox said:

If we do this it'll be a repeat of Monsieur's last Mafia game because if you think about it it'll be a slower role revealing as people are all getting into one then sharing info. Like your strategy could be used but it could also hinder the fun and mystery the game is supposed to bring idk.

is not quite the same but yes it would make things easier.

we dont need to reveal what we got, meaning every one would only benefit that much as they can think of. the problem is, we have to loose one turn and we would have to sacrifice someone. And I myself dont agree with doing this, I am just saying this is a possibility

2 hours ago, Quinnox said:

since we can only vote one person per day, though, I think the "role-revealing" will be slow enough to still be fun?

[Answer] Question [F] 

I do like the idea of knowing how many of us are the most unreliable group. It feels like Mafia should be like 3-5 people, but I want to know how much of X Detective is to see if it is or isn't distributed equally, which is a big question. 

Though if it's like, 2, it could still be unequal, but it's D1 there's only so much we can learn. Gotta start somewhere right?

I'll be like any other meanwhile and hold off elimination for a little longer.

Edited by Cataline
It's just to bold the answer I promise

Ok, after some deliberating I have settled on F. It really is important to find out the confused ones at first to weed out bad info.

Anwser: Question F

Edited by Alphagar

3 hours ago, Candy said:

since we can only vote one person per day, though, I think the "role-revealing" will be slow enough to still be fun?

As slow as it could be what if we find out there are only like 5 mafia players? That could make the game a faster hit or miss tbh. Like Anti said it's a possibility but even he doesn't agree with it.

I still don't know about my elimination vote but as for the question I'll vote

[Answer] Question F

Edited by Quinnox
Typed the wrong letter

1 hour ago, Snowy Amine ( MC Kapper) said:

The only info i have is: Jace Stormkirk is Town

The thing is you could be any type of detective so this information is irrelevant at the current moment. If others have investigated Jace as well then there could be a better chance at figuring out the truth behind his identity.

Edited by Quinnox

28 minutes ago, Quinnox said:

The thing is you could be any type of detective so this information is irrelevant at the current moment. If others have investigated Jace as well then there could be a better chance at figuring out the truth behind his identity.

rip i forgot i dont know what type of detective i might be

1 hour ago, Quinnox said:

Even if more people investigated him, we could be any type... We would get about half with town and other half with mafia (the only info we could get is how the roles are distributed, and even that is far fetched)

Just now, Anti_Hero said:

Even if more people investigated him, we could be any type... We would get about half with town and other half with mafia (the only info we could get is how the roles are distributed, and even that is far fetched)

True... it's going to be a bit of a challenge but if we be patient and stick together we should be able to get through it 

The only way we could get certain information would be to investigate ourselves (that Monsieur don't allow) to investigate someone who is going to die. (Luck based) 

And since we don't know how many there are from each type we should expect the worst 

Now about the distribution, I would assume that there are at least 5 mafia members this time, because I believe this time we have more than last (I think someone said that there where few mafia in comparation to the rest of us)

If we assume that it's trust we should have at least the same number of good detectives (since they are the only ones useful) making them 5-6, we are 18 making 7-8 useless detectives , they would be around 2-3

It is even possible to that it's not that proportional since the design of the game favors the mafia. But this information

Another note, if by some chance you discover you are a useful detective don't reveal yourself so fast. If there are at least 5 mafia and you reveal yourself at the first it will be hard for the rest of us.

Okay after reading your posts, i will agree with you, so:

[Answer] Question F 

For the elimination vote, i don't know who to vote at the moment, but we have a lot of time to think about the vote.