Jan

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Global Mods

Does Erick still ask you questions in V9 before the battle? Wondering because he didn't ask me anything, but after the battle he still mentions the questions. 

Also, does the scene with Cera thawing out Angie still happen, or was that removed?

Just asking to make sure I didn't somehow skip any cutscenes by playing around in debug mode.

36 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Does Erick still ask you questions in V9 before the battle? Wondering because he didn't ask me anything, but after the battle he still mentions the questions. 

Also, does the scene with Cera thawing out Angie still happen, or was that removed?

Just asking to make sure I didn't somehow skip any cutscenes by playing around in debug mode.

He does not! Saves the second hand embarrassment. I guess it's leftover text they forgot to change.

And I believe the thawing thing was removed as well, unless I missed a side event.

32 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Erick doesnt ask you questions anymore.The questions being mentioned after the battle are leftover dialogue(a bug,the new patch i think fixes that).As for angie i dont remember cera thawing her but im not sure.I think she doesnt but i could be wrong

57 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The thawing cutscene was unintentionally removed, it's still supposed to be in the game. I believe it's going to be back with Patch 10

Edited by TheMoltenGuy

If you are playing as Ana,is there supposed to be no special interaction when we actually meet Ana or did the game recognize my character as the female protagonist and not Ana thus not triggering any special interaction?

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Dragon God Goomy said:

Nurse Joy knows my name......

I know it should be implied, but it feels creepy for some reason. Something is up on this place.

Probably because you have to show your trainer card when you heal your Pokemon.

Will the main download be updated with all of the patches soon so people can stop creating threads about the keta bug?

this probably partly stems from the fact that the Rejuvenation page accessed from the top tab of the site has nothing about the patches in it.

42 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Probably because you have to show your trainer card when you heal your Pokemon.

Will the main download be updated with all of the patches soon so people can stop creating threads about the keta bug?

this probably partly stems from the fact that the Rejuvenation page accessed from the top tab of the site has nothing about the patches in it.

I dunno, really. Normally they don't mention your name in any Pokemon Center until now. It feels really off.

1 hour ago, FleetWood said:

Can you get type:null? I heard people talking about a quest that starts but I'm not sure where that quest is available 

Yep, you have to go south just before entering Goldenleaf town, then talk to a npc. (surf is needed to go see the npc that triggers the quest and flash or any other light-inducing move is needed to finish it)

Edit : does someone know if one of the child of the Lost Camp quest as been moved ? I don't seem to find one of the boys...

Edit 2 : nevermind, i found it via v8

Edited by Siragon

• Global Mods

Just finished V9. I've done everything except the Odd Key (along with the Generator Problems quest) and shadow Beldum. 

It really is amazing seeing all the updates to the game with each new version. V6, V8, and V9 especially felt like an entirely new game since so much was changed. 

My favorite changes in terms of maps are Route 2 and Amethyst Cave. My favorite changes storywise are

-Tesla's speech to Amber having more impact. In V8 the speech didn't really seem to do anything to change Amber's behavior, which disappointed me because it was such a good speech and felt like it should've went somewhere. But now Amber apologizes after you battle Kyogre, which I really like.

-Narcissa's gym being a theatre and the meeting becoming a play. I always thought it'd be nice to see Narcissa's love of theatre, since in previous versions it was mentioned but only as a side comment. I really love the way it was done here. 

There were some things that confused me too, though:

-Rorrim B's team in the first battle changed to Ludicolos and a shadow Sudowoodo, while his team in the second battle is the Bug team from previous versions and shadow Vivillon. Since our snag machine didn't work when we battled the shadow Sudowoodo and he doesn't have it in the second battle, there's no way to get that Sudowoodo right now. Also, I feel like his battle theme should've stayed GlitchxCity's Miror B remix instead of changing to the Legendary Beast one. Miror B's theme is perfect for him and I don't understand why it was changed. 

-At Valor Mountain, Crescent mocks your group for thinking in black and white, but she does so right after mentioning that all of Team Xen will receive what she tried to do to Sharon, which is a black and white "Team Xen is all bad" mentality, so it seems like she contradicted herself as she herself is black and white when it comes to Team Xen. 

There was also something that confused me about the new content:

Damien was one of the people who were turned to stone, but you're able to meet him and he's not stone. Unless this is a different Damien and he's like April/Krystal/Alexandra where he changes names. 

Other than those confusions though, I really enjoyed V9! 

V9 story spoilers below

It seems like my

doppelganger hypothesis was right, although none of my guesses were on the mark, and it also doesn't seem like they were doing it to frame us for something. I actually knew the girl from the Quiz quest's name was Cosmia before playing V9 from looking around in RPG Maker months ago (the event page for when she appears in that quest is named Cosmia), but I didn't expect to see her again this soon. I'm interested to see what her agenda is. 

I also didn't expect to see Zetta again, but I'm happy for the closure with his situation. Neither did I expect Cassandra to be with Team Xen (I expected her to not be innocent, but I wasn't suspecting Team Xen ties). I'm guessing what she told Madelis about usb files becoming corrupt if you take out the usb is a hint on what happened to Geara.

The way Alice and Allen were reintroduced was amazing, and so was Risa Raider's introduction. 

I'm really looking forward to see how everything proceeds from here, the help requests just as much as the main story. 

Also, questions for @Jan

1. Is it okay if I make a relationship variable guide for Rejuvenation in the future like I did for Reborn? 

2. Is there any particular place we'll need to save at to start V10, like how we needed to be in Amber's concert hall to start V7? 

• Developers
8 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Just finished V9. I've done everything except the Odd Key (along with the Generator Problems quest) and shadow Beldum. 

It really is amazing seeing all the updates to the game with each new version. V6, V8, and V9 especially felt like an entirely new game since so much was changed. 

My favorite changes in terms of maps are Route 2 and Amethyst Cave. My favorite changes storywise are

Reveal hidden contents

-Tesla's speech to Amber having more impact. In V8 the speech didn't really seem to do anything to change Amber's behavior, which disappointed me because it was such a good speech and felt like it should've went somewhere. But now Amber apologizes after you battle Kyogre, which I really like.

-Narcissa's gym being a theatre and the meeting becoming a play. I always thought it'd be nice to see Narcissa's love of theatre, since in previous versions it was mentioned but only as a side comment. I really love the way it was done here. 

There were some things that confused me too, though:

-Rorrim B's team in the first battle changed to Ludicolos and a shadow Sudowoodo, while his team in the second battle is the Bug team from previous versions and shadow Vivillon. Since our snag machine didn't work when we battled the shadow Sudowoodo and he doesn't have it in the second battle, there's no way to get that Sudowoodo right now. Also, I feel like his battle theme should've stayed GlitchxCity's Miror B remix instead of changing to the Legendary Beast one. Miror B's theme is perfect for him and I don't understand why it was changed. 

-At Valor Mountain, Crescent mocks your group for thinking in black and white, but she does so right after mentioning that all of Team Xen will receive what she tried to do to Sharon, which is a black and white "Team Xen is all bad" mentality, so it seems like she contradicted herself as she herself is black and white when it comes to Team Xen. 

There was also something that confused me about the new content:

Reveal hidden contents

Damien was one of the people who were turned to stone, but you're able to meet him and he's not stone. Unless this is a different Damien and he's like April/Krystal/Alexandra where he changes names. 

Other than those confusions though, I really enjoyed V9! 

V9 story spoilers below

Reveal hidden contents

It seems like my

doppelganger hypothesis was right, although none of my guesses were on the mark, and it also doesn't seem like they were doing it to frame us for something. I actually knew the girl from the Quiz quest's name was Cosmia before playing V9 from looking around in RPG Maker months ago (the event page for when she appears in that quest is named Cosmia), but I didn't expect to see her again this soon. I'm interested to see what her agenda is. 

I also didn't expect to see Zetta again, but I'm happy for the closure with his situation. Neither did I expect Cassandra to be with Team Xen (I expected her to not be innocent, but I wasn't suspecting Team Xen ties). I'm guessing what she told Madelis about usb files becoming corrupt if you take out the usb is a hint on what happened to Geara.

The way Alice and Allen were reintroduced was amazing, and so was Risa Raider's introduction. 

Also, questions for @Jan

1. Is it okay if I make a relationship variable guide for Rejuvenation in the future like I did for Reborn? 

2. Is there any particular place we'll need to save at to start V10, like how we needed to be in Amber's concert hall to start V7? 

1. Sure, I'm not sure if I'm doing anything with them yet either, but I'm just setting it up now just in case I decide to do something.

2. The Rose Theatre will probably be the best place.

As for Rorim B.'s music... Which I've gotten so so sos sososoossososos many messages about... I didn't remove it because I hated it or anything, I just had to cut down on songs because the file size was becoming way too large. If people miss it that much I'll just put it back in V10.

@MakubeXHave tanky mons like swampert or stoutland and a steel type like magneton. U should be able to leave the castle, I guess, coz in v8 when I was fighting angie, she never cared even if we went out of the castle. There was also a dimensional hole kind of thing behind her which led me outside her castle. If u can go out EV train your mons (atleast for hp) and then try to defeat her. Don't expect a quick answer. I played in intense mode and I had lost like 20 times or so becoz only my swampert, magneton could damage her mons well. Stoutland stood like a shield but didn't do much. All others were useless. Try having a fast pokemon(holding light clay if u have one) which can setup a light screen for better chances of surviving the battle

Edited by BRS swag

29 minutes ago, BRS swag said:

@MakubeXHave tanky mons like swampert or stoutland and a steel type like magneton. U should be able to leave the castle, I guess, coz in v8 when I was fighting angie, she never cared even if we went out of the castle. There was also a dimensional hole kind of thing behind her which led me outside her castle. If u can go out EV train your mons (atleast for hp) and then try to defeat her. Don't expect a quick answer. I played in intense mode and I had lost like 20 times or so becoz only my swampert, magneton could damage her mons well. Stoutland stood like a shield but didn't do much. All others were useless. Try having a fast pokemon(holding light clay if u have one) which can setup a light screen for better chances of surviving the battle

You helped me a lot, thank you~

• Global Mods
52 minutes ago, Jan said:

1. Sure, I'm not sure if I'm doing anything with them yet either, but I'm just setting it up now just in case I decide to do something.

2. The Rose Theatre will probably be the best place.

As for Rorim B.'s music... Which I've gotten so so sos sososoossososos many messages about... I didn't remove it because I hated it or anything, I just had to cut down on songs because the file size was becoming way too large. If people miss it that much I'll just put it back in V10.

Okay. When I make the guide, I'll note in the thread that it's not certain yet whether they'll be used or what they'll be used for. 

Sorry, I didn't know a lot of people already asked x . x That makes sense. 

For angie battle I used vaniluxe with mirror coat and it worked perfectly ^^
btw @Jan I remember you saying that in V9 you made a new character which is your new most hated character... Is that Tom Blakeory? He seemes pretty uhmmmm punchable LOL