[Trespassers IC] A Necessary Pit-stop: Fast Food Done Eldrich

Hal Henderics

Liliya

In the parking lot, Liliya picked up the pice of rebar she had dragged over from the dumpster before, and tossed it into the hopper for the voucher generator. She set the image of herself turning the crank in her mind, moving forward, to see whether problems would arise. Assuming she sees nothing amiss, she turns the crank of the presumably repaired voucher generator.

Upon taking a sip, he immediately notices that this is not the taste he is acustomed to, and in fact, it tastes nothing like chaos...

Wait, the buzzing, The Yellow and Black Color... (19, 20) The hidden Roll from earlier!  This is Liquid Bees!

Dropping the cup in a panic, bees flood out of the cup.  Oh cruel Chaotic Irony!

Morgan looks over to Navin "Man, you look like you took the brunt of the beating, let help you with that." ((Uses Soul Mend)) "There, you should be better now."

He walks to the counter "Hey, can I get some of that 'Screaming Devil Stew' to go?" Once he gets it he blinks upstairs, gets his drink, and finds Masaru.  "I don't mean to pry, but you seem to have quite the odd group here even for this place's standards.  I'm just curious as to what the story behind it is."

Navin flexes and rotates his shoulder a bit when the stranger fixes it, and in return flashes the man with a grateful smile and gives a little bow of greeting. "Ah, thank you very much. That does help quite a bit."

Navin would then, seeing as the man busied himself shortly thereafter, wait in line as well -- there was little point in wasting a free meal, after all! The selection of mundane food was reassuring, and Navin decided to go with something familiar, receiving a bowl of vegetarian curry and a glass of water, which he took up to the table Masaru was sitting at. "I am increasingly unsure that this is where we were supposed to end up."

He then notices the man that had healed him. "Oh! Thank you for earlier. Could I perhaps get your name?"

"Huh.  That drink sounds funny.  Are you sure you want to- Oh god it's full of bees!" Samantha's voice rises to a scream as she immediately draws on the Phoenix, shrouding herself in golden fire and returning her costume to its white-and-gold color scheme.  "Get away!  Get away!"  She fires a blast of cosmic fire at the bees, stumbling backward in surprise.

The motorcyclist slowly but surely approaches the barbarian called Mar, and he extends his right hand to the man in an attempt to shake his hand, he then continues to use his plausibly French accent as he says "Well my name is Az-Mot, just call me Mot...how did this castle get here?".

"If you want me to be honest, I'm not sure of the whole story myself. Apparently we're on a quest to save the entire multiverse, from what I've been told. Sounds farfetched, but I haven't seen a reason for these people to lie so far. This was just a stop to rest during our travel to go gather the rest of the group from where they've been taking care of some business." He takes another mouthful of his food, restraining himself somewhat now that there were other people at the table. "Lots of people, including myself, more or less just appeared in that castle we came in. Yes, it moves, and I don't really know how or why."

"It would seem that most of us who are presently here got teleported into that castle while most of the more informed people are gone, which has led to us, frankly, mostly just stumbling around for a while until they return." Navin adds on.

Liliya

"Huh. Not so useful anymore," she muttered, staring down at the voucher. It was free food of course, but it seemed unlikely that she would not be satisfied with the free food that had already been offered. Maybe there was a fridge or something in the castle to store food in? She made her way over to the castle, waving to Mar as she passed, and entered, heading to the smithy. After a few seconds of scanning, she came across what she was looking for: a pile of coins, Zenny. She took 100 from the shelf, and began the walk back out of the castle and towards the main body of the restaurant.

When Navin ask for his name Morgan shakes his hand and introduces himself.
After Masaru speaks "Well I can't say I've heard that one before.  I'm on a quest myself, you see some...thing attacked my home-world, it killed many people and enslaved their lifeless bodies in a way unlike any Necromancer.  We drove it away but failed to kill it, I've been chasing it this far but sadly I'm out of leads."

Edited by StormLord

Navin crosses his hands over his mouth for a moment while he ponders, further pleasantries eschewed in favor of contemplating the heavy news. "...hmm. We don't know what kind of threat we are specifically facing, not yet, but I think that perhaps our problems are connected?" He brought his hands down to the table. "All we know is that there are beings going out and destroying worlds, but I do think the chances may be in our favor there. This kind of meeting, after all, is quite likely to be part of the workings of fate."

Edited by Powder Miner

"Coincidence, fate, or mechination of the dragons we're here now, you sound like you could use all the help you can get, and I've not exactly got something better to do."
Morgan takes a sip from the smoking glass.  "And plus, I know how to navigate the void."

Mar states simply, "It drove here.  We have a special engine  Well met Mot."

He begins strolling inside, gesturing to Mot.

If Mot followed him inside, he would eventually find himself in a strange room that looks like the inside of a volcano.  Despite this, even the red putty-like magma is only warm, and completely lacks the poisonous gasses that would be in a volcano.  A large dinosaur of a similar aesthetic lies down in the middle of the room.

"I am about to take care of some business, Mot. Do you have prior arrangements, or would you care to join me working? I can explain more while I take care of this."

--

Lilya would find that her money is no good here, in that she seems to have gotten the 100% discount, for whatever reason.  That is both convenient and not, considering the work she went through to get it.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Liliya

At the rather pleasant revelation that the discount applied to vending machines too, Liliya pocketed the Zenny, planning to return them later. The machine had no display window, or really any instructions whatsoever. Odd. Disturbing even. She held her hand out to the number pad, concentrating on a specific combination, looking into the future of that action. That result was boring, that one was unusual and disturbing...boring, boring, gross, positively dangerous...and oh. "Now that's interesting..." After finishing her small vision, Liliya typed in the code corresponding to what seemed to be a small candy "Make your own robot" kit. It looked fun, and could be of interest to the magic or mechanics folks. She purchased two more of the packages (if she could) and a "Reverse Temperature Creampuff", and then got in line to the cashiers to buy something from the main area.

Edited by Strider

She obtains 3 different flavors of Build your own candy robot kits, one is for a standard bipedal machine, another is one that looks like a metal gear, (not that she necessarily knows what those are), and the last one is a sort of heavier unit.  All of the packages are about the size of a package of gummi worms.

The reverse temperature creampuff is also obtained.

The line is nonexistant, she is able to walk right up and order.

Liliya

Not really in the mood to try something entirely unknown, Liliya ordered a cow steak, along with a side of fries. She made her way over to the table where a few of the others were sitting with their meals, and began to eat, listening to the conversation swirling about. She also listened to the bees swirling about apparently.

Edited by Strider

"Think that's our cue to wrap up this little dance." Masaru scoops up what remains of his food. "You're welcome to come along, Morgan; I've got the feeling that your quest could be served by joining up with us, at least for a while." He heads down and out of the restaurant, and back into the castle.

Aurora orders whatever dish is highest in meat content- to go -before returning to the castle.

Ghost meanwhile, seeing as no one else seems to desire it, scoops up all the remaining loot from the Lich's demise and returns as well.

(Tier 1 Level 50) Small Vial of Exotic Perfume: An expensive and Fair smelling perfume, made to cover the stench of death, it can cover almost any scent with a vague but pleasant smell that seems to come from no particular direction.