[Trespassers IC] A Necessary Pit-stop: Fast Food Done Eldrich

Hal Henderics

Liliya

((darn battles starting while I'm asleep...))

"We're fighting a moronic rapping skeleton. Who would have thought." After a second of pause, determining that entering the fight would not on its own mean her death, Liliya dashed in, to give a quick slash with her hellfire wreathed knife at the skeleton.

Liliya uses a basic attack: 3d6+DEX damage with a DEX% chance to crit. (DEX=10)

"The two aren't connected.  Masaru sensed someone and I was worried they might be planning to assassinate one of us," Samantha states, "I mean, it'd be nice if you fixed the machine, but if you aren't intending to kill us or break my phone I don't really care."

The motorcyclist saw a muscly barbarian exit the castle before starting to create....something, and he decided that the man was his best in trying to figure out how the castle got there. Which is why he slowly but surely approached the barbarian with his hands raised up in the sky as far away from any of his weapons as possible, before coughing as politely as possible. If the motorcyclist manages to get the barbarian's attention he would put on his old reliable French accent and say "Are you creating a....totem?".

Orville calms down considerably after that. "No worries there madam. Engaging you in direct combat would not only be suicidally stupid but also against the Gremlin Code. Breaking your phone would probably just be the first. And as I have had my fun and my fill I shall set about fixing the machine for your use. For now at least."

Orville takes out a small multi-tool and begins taking off the casing of the device and reinstalling the stollen part.

Aurora and Ghost had both awoken from their slumber and found their way into the parking zone after the castle stopped. Following a few others into the actual dinner and seeing the madness within however, both were left rather... speechless, to say the least. 

Aurora had been driven down those stairs by the smell of food. She hadn't particularly cared about the lines or the beings within them, but when she saw that skeleton, bedecked in robes, wielding that necromancy... she knew immediately what he was. Yes, even in her state, it was impossible to forget the warden of what for years of her life had been the glorified prison she and so many others were trapped in. Nor could she forget the faint whispers of the one who had overthrown that warden and freed them all, that they may descend upon the world.

His method of... invoking spirits and energy however, was.... odd to say the least. She'd not quite heard rhyming so bad outside of those odd little humans who liked to carry lutes and harps and sing ludicrous tales of other, more murderous and self-righteous humans of eras past and the many monsters they'd felled. She simply stared on next to one of the tentacled beings documenting the brawl on it's magic black slab, not quite sure what the hell to do or to think. This whole situation was beyond bizarre, but either way it had seemed so far that the other Castle Denizens would win this fight even without her help.

"Crazy Fools..." she muttered to herself, which was actually something, coming from her of all beings "Crazy, crazy fools..."

Ghost meanwhile, was rendered just as, if not even more, confused as she watched the battle go on. Still near the entrance to the dome, one of her eyes twitched, ever so slightly, as Tama called in her mind, hovering right beside her,

"Is that a Revenant? Must be a quite old one at that, to have been reduced to bones. And... hmmm, quite an interesting thing he's doing with his words. It almost reminds me of a Godspeaker... except I sense no Voice from him."

"Neither...do I..." Ghost shook her head, "Tama, you have any inkling as to where the hell are we?"

"Ha, as if I would know... I'm afraid I've never seen any place quite like this, even in the Exiled Lands. Wherever it is though, clearly it has something to do with this whole idea of multiple verses and such. These beings all around us probably hail from countless different world, just like the ones we're travelling with... and are currently wailing on that bag of bones. Do you suppose we should do anything about that, by the way?"

"Um..." Ghost looked at the ongoing battle a bit closer. The swordfighter she'd met earlier had seemed to be the primary opponent to the undead wizard, and there were several others already backing him up, including some girl in foreign garbs (which was no longer surprising to her, in all honesty) and a dark skinned man, dark haired man who reminded her of many a face she had seen on her home continent.

"No..." She answered, taking a breath to steady herself as she gripped the bridge of her nose, eyes closed "No, let's just... let's just watch for now. I think there's already enough parties involved in this madness; they can probably handle it themselves right now."

"Building a Portal. I've been trying to leave one where we go, so we can return."

Mar states, smashing the crude Arch with his hand, cracking it into a perfect curving arc.

Slots in the top of the arch are fitted with the glowing beads and the Bloodied scale, which is now pulsing with magic.

Runes and lines on the Arc fill with red energy, and it opens to the inside of some tiled room, with metal walls and a strange medieval decor.

Morgan draws his sword and phases out of reality, he rematerializes behind the distracted Archlich and slashes at its back several times before disappearing again a reappearing near Masaru and Navin.

Morgan uses "Teleport Splicer" on the Archlich for 5d10+(Str*2.5) damage.

Masaru Strikes at the Arch-lich, but is blocked by Happy Meat, The happy meat is stunned

Lilya and Morgan attack the lich, who is unable to be defended by either his meat, nor his potatos.  He is turned into screaming ash.

"I'll Get you bitches, You'll Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Until he is reduced to nothingness.

The Counters come back up and everyone cheers.

One of them pats masaru on the back, but it's words are lost in a hissing infinity.

The cat Cashiers look relieved.

"Hey, thanks guys, he's been here for 350 years now. Is there any way we can repay you?"

The lich's body is gone, all that remains are his worldly possessions.

(Tier 1 Level 13) Rare Book: The Ancient Magics, Arcane Rituals for the Modern Wizard

(Tier 1 Level 35) Sardonyx Ring

(Tier 1 Level 30) Silk Coat trimmed with Sable

(Tier 1 Level 25) Silk Rappers's Cap trimmed with Sable

(Tier 1 Level 50) Silver Bell: A silver bell, it seems this bell absorbs one incoming spell, and when rang, releases it.  It cannot absorb a new spell until the old one has been removed. It has one crack in it.  It can be used 8 more times.

(Tier 1 Level 50) Small Vial of Exotic Perfume: An expensive and Fair smelling perfume, made to cover the stench of death, it can cover almost any scent with a vague but pleasant smell that seems to come from no particular direction.

(Tier 1 Level 50) Turquoise Rod: This rod is extremely receptive to Enchantments, It does not receive difficulty modifiers to enchanting until 3 Enchantments are on it.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Masaru glances back at the tap. "Thanks, I think." The man starts to talk, and then does a double-take. "350 years? He's been here for multiple human lifetimes. . .? Good riddance, then. As for repayment. . . Normally I'd ask for precious gems or what have you, but could myself and my team get some free meals? I wouldn't want to impose, and I'm not sure if you've got anything like that, anyway." He glances around at the group, and then at the menu.

"You're finally shut up now." Morgan shouts at the pile of ashes, he turns back to the group of fighters and says "Thanks, that guy to starting to give me headache."

He cleans any grime off his sword, sheathes it, and then extends a handshake to Masaru "Name's Morgan.  I'm going to be honest, I haven't seen fighting like that since the battle for the Northgate Spires."

"Could you tell me what currency does the vending machine take?" Liliya addressed one of the cat cashiers, after picking up the silk coat and the odd (sardonyx) ring that had been deposited by the dead skeleton thing.

Edited by Strider

"Oh, Uh, Absolutely, let me call up the manager."

The Cat Monster picks up a phone, and then putting it top his ear, sets it back down.

"OK, Your friends should have free reign for a full meal and drink.  you can order up here, or get some things from the Convenience machines  They used to only accept yen, but we've got them set to exchange currency automatically."

You almost think to ask how they know which of your friends are which, but think better of it.

Liliya

"Thanks, give me a moment." Liliya had noticed some collection of items in Engine Room of the Castle. It was a collaborative inventory right? She went down the stairs, into parking lot, and... saw the small weird creature finish doing something to the generator and walk away. Maintenance perhaps?

Edited by Strider

Masaru takes the man's hand and shakes it with a firm grip. "Yamaguchi Masaru, as I said. And I appreciate the compliment. I hope it looks good, I've put way too much time into my fighting for it to be shabby." He then turns to peruse the menu, looking for the item with the largest meat ratio.

The Motorcyclist continued to watch as the barbarian made himself a 'portal' by smashing pieces of it, and after a while he lowered his hands and said "May I ask for your name?".

There is one dish that is a prime rib, only it is a cube that is exactly as large as the tray can possibly fit, it comes with a side of fish fries, and includes the special sauce.  It is available from blue rare to well done, and you can have an additional sauce of your choice.

For dishes less odd, there is something called Leviathan Shanks, which are apparently from a non-carbon based pseudo-life form.  It is actually available in it's own serving plate, due to being the size of a small double Decker bus, it comes with a side order of Endbringer Core, a snack food which is denser than small galaxies, due to dimentional mass shunting.

There are also basically all mundane types of food, and multiple other strange things. One dish seems to be "X Steak", where the X can simply be any creature.

--

"I'm Mar, of Stonerist Chi."

Edited by Hal Henderics

He finds himself seated at a large table in the resteraunt, more than enough room for the entire group. (One of?) the Cat Monster(s) brings him his meal, as much steak as is legally allowed to be on a single serving tray, and the side orders.  Special sauce sits to the side for the fish fries. It smells like food, surprisingly, considering what else was available.  It even smells like decent food to boot.

"See, just as I thought" Ghost muttered. In the aftermath of the battle, she sensed something inherently... off about the silver bell the undead had dropped. Picking it up, her senses were soon proven correct, as Tama called in her mind

"Well, at least he dropped something useful. Reminds me of what some Imbuer back home might make. Who knows, could maybe even make an interesting arm.. or a bauble of some such." 

It was then however, that she also noticed the cap. It wasn't as good as an actual face covering, perhaps, but it was better than nothing. Her days of having her corneas burn like hellfire just by so much as looking anywhere near direct sunlight would be far more bearable. She took it as well, before turning her attention to the menu. In all honesty, half the shit on there was absolutely foreign to her and the other half that was at least vaguely familiar didn't seem edible... to humans at least. 

Ghost takes the Silver Bell and the Rapper's Cap

Well, not like she was that hungry anyway. Not like Tama needed to eat or anything either.

Aurora meanwhile perused the menu with a nigh childish mirth, mind reeling at all the exotic options, but not quite sure which to try first...

It was like the Val Habor market all over again. Except this time, she didn't need to steal anything.