Hardest Boss?

Rain Spectre

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like, in Reborn? 

That would likely very much depend on your team composition the time. The difficulty of Reborn is pretty constant, with the only variables being the Gym Leader you're facing, and thus any of the gym leaders can potentially be difficult. 

- Many people have found Florina to be particularly difficult since she's the first sign of the game being unlike other Pokémon games, but I wouldn't say she's much more difficult than the proceeding fights.

- Personally I've had a very tough time with Corey, and while a few people have agreed with me on this, other's have said they found him easy. Again, it's very much team dependent.

- Noel and Charlotte have in the past been the two bosses the majority of people got stuck on, but after some quite serious nerfs to their teams, they're only shadows of their former selves now. Though still quite difficult.

But that's the thing about Reborn, while it may be difficult at times, it's always fair, as the opposing gym leaders are constrained by the same rules as you. And thus it never actually feels hard. 

• Developers

So far Hardcore Taka in Beryl and Hardcore Shelly. But I've yet to battle Hardcore Shade so it's likely to change.

From normal Reborn I think Skydancer Ciel is the one who gives me some trouble on every single playthrough.

6 minutes ago, Rain Spectre said:

Yeah, I meant it more from what people's personal experiences are. Personally, I fucking hated PULSE Swalot. Fat shit wouldn't stop healing.

Soak turns that healing factor against that 'fat shit' of which you can catch Seaking with the move just up the waterfall you enter the center from, as for my personal most difficult boss fight?

That, god damn nightmare of a double battle where you face Pulse Tangrowth #3, the Chatot from hell and a trio of deadly eeveelutions (Taka/ZEL double battle boss fight).

The only battle I struggled with 100% was against Shelly. I did not enjoy it AT ALL!

She always started off with her Pranckster Rain Dance. Confuse Ray always hit and her stupid Anorith was just devilish. I spent an entire day just to beat her. Close second is probably 3rd Pulse.

Edited by Rainlove

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, baldr said:

So far Hardcore Taka in Beryl and Hardcore Shelly. But I've yet to battle Hardcore Shade so it's likely to change.

From normal Reborn I think Skydancer Ciel is the one who gives me some trouble on every single playthrough.

I now have 9 badges and hardcore shelly is still the fight that has given me the most trouble so far. Shade has probably actually been the easiest boss fight for me so far (his original was a pushover, and his alternate was still fine, but I think this is largely due to my mystery egg)

From memory in my regular reborn playthrough, Mist Corey and Ciel were some of the worst, but it's been a while. none ever felt like a massive wall though and things usually only take a handful of attempts, with 0-1 actual team changes for me.

For me some of the bosses I have a hard time facing off against was the first fight with Taka (His Chatot was soooo annoying to fight against!) and the gym fights with Cory and Kiki felt like I was fighting a dark souls boss at times on my first few runs and in later runs I would usually build a team for them later on since I finally learned how to prepare a good team around a fight. And now I have so much respect for a few Pokémon that will always be MVPs for my teams at times, for example I will always name all my Charizards Natsu mainly because it felt like a Fairy Tail anime moment when my Charizard out speeded Kiki's Medicham (Which felt like pure luck) and won me the fight on my first run. I think it took at least 5-7 tries to beat her I think.    

• Developers
1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

I now have 9 badges and hardcore shelly is still the fight that has given me the most trouble so far. Shade has probably actually been the easiest boss fight for me so far (his original was a pushover, and his alternate was still fine, but I think this is largely due to my mystery egg)

From memory in my regular reborn playthrough, Mist Corey and Ciel were some of the worst, but it's been a while. none ever felt like a massive wall though and things usually only take a handful of attempts, with 0-1 actual team changes for me.

What mystery egg did you get? I got an Omanyte which is pretty useless yet. I might try a rain team later on though. Against Serra maybe? Dunno when that might happen though. I somehow don't want to play Hardcore with the broken weather system.

In regular reborn I also don't remember any gym leader to be a real wall for me. The only exception was Ciel on my very first playthrough. She crushed me really good. On my other playthrough she wasn't too difficult but I think I never managed to beat her without losing to her first - but I was very very close with my eeveelutions, only lost because Glaceon didn't know Ice Shard to finish her ace. I should have made some statistics which Gym leader was easy and which was difficult.

Oh also Kiki was always quite good against me. On the other hand Samson is almost always a pushover. I think Kiki has far better coverage of her weaknesses. Samson is extremely weak against psychic types.

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, baldr said:

What mystery egg did you get? I got an Omanyte which is pretty useless yet. I might try a rain team later on though. Against Serra maybe? Dunno when that might happen though. I somehow don't want to play Hardcore with the broken weather system.

In regular reborn I also don't remember any gym leader to be a real wall for me. The only exception was Ciel on my very first playthrough. She crushed me really good. On my other playthrough she wasn't too difficult but I think I never managed to beat her without losing to her first - but I was very very close with my eeveelutions, only lost because Glaceon didn't know Ice Shard to finish her ace. I should have made some statistics which Gym leader was easy and which was difficult.

Oh also Kiki was always quite good against me. On the other hand Samson is almost always a pushover. I think Kiki has far better coverage of her weaknesses. Samson is extremely weak against psychic types.

I got sandile, and moxie krookadile is pretty bonkers. I just recently phased him out because I used him in my original normal playthrough and wanted to try new things so I now have honchkrow and flygon instead. still got that moxie though.

also the weather being broken is for overworld stuff, so that shouldn't affect any sort of weather-based teams? or are you meaning for finding certain pokemon?

Corey's and Aya's fights are made a lot harder by the lack of weaknesse their Fields have. There's just about nothing you can do against the Corrosive and Wasteland Fields and the latter makes most Ground Attacks useless. There's no way to turn the Fields against them, other than to spam the same moves they use themselves.

Charlotte's really tough if you don't have anything that outspeeds her (as I recently experienced). If your team is slow it becomes super hard to get to do anything against her very offensive team and good coverage. Rotom's pretty much the only break in her offense with its tendency to cripple itself with Overheat.

Shade was hell on my Flying Monotype, though I probably could've changed that if I had trained Motor Drive Emolga.

25 minutes ago, Wolfox Glace said:

not sure if this counts as a boss, but for me it's easily the Meteor Home(wrecking) invasion. 3 battles with no chance to do anything between them...

you mean tanzan moutain base or the factory ? 

• Developers
3 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I got sandile, and moxie krookadile is pretty bonkers. I just recently phased him out because I used him in my original normal playthrough and wanted to try new things so I now have honchkrow and flygon instead. still got that moxie though.

also the weather being broken is for overworld stuff, so that shouldn't affect any sort of weather-based teams? or are you meaning for finding certain pokemon?

Yeah I wanted to try some of the pokes from weather-based events this time. Also I like it when Kiki and Noel have some weather effect for their battle to make it a bit unusual.

Sandile is a good egg. I never used it in Reborn yet. I'll look into the guide where it can be obtained.

1 hour ago, Zarc said:

Pretty sure he means Fiore Mansion at Celestinine Cascade.

46 minutes ago, Sirrobert said:

Mewtwo was just the worst for me, because of how utterly unexpected he was. I had nothing that stood a chance against that Gen1 bastard when I first met him.

Oh yeah. I remember him being more difficult than Terra herself on my first playthrough.

Edited by baldr

3 minutes ago, baldr said:

oh yeah , that triple duel without save was hard indeed ( the first time when you don't know what you will face ) 

I`m doing monotype fire run, and I just can`t wait for Amaria gym fight. I expect commiting suicide, or at last going crazy. Except that, I haven`t met unusually hard obstacles yet, will see how Terra fight goes.

• Global Mods
27 minutes ago, baldr said:

Yeah I wanted to try some of the pokes from weather-based events this time. Also I like it when Kiki and Noel have some weather effect for their battle to make it a bit unusual.

Sandile is a good egg. I never used it in Reborn yet. I'll look into the guide where it can be obtained.

Oh yeah. I remember him being more difficult than Terra herself on my first playthrough.

from memory sandile is normally found in tanzan mountain, so after 5 badges.

3 hours ago, Zarc said:

I mean the one where you have to team up wth Flobot and defend against Team metero, fern and blake and solaris

2 hours ago, Sirrobert said:

Mewtwo was just the worst for me, because of how utterly unexpected he was. I had nothing that stood a chance against that Gen1 bastard when I first met him.

Mewtwo was easy for me, guess a Golem with sturdy and explosion helps a lot

for me it was always the same thing for a pokemon boss : use magneton first , then thanks to study ----> thunder wave , and easy ( except on the hardcore version when they use 2 full restore xD ) 

Once I realized Absol learns Perish Song, all of the single boss battles (like the PULSE and Mewtwo) became a joke. Just wait it out and you'll be fine.

Corey originally made me rage quit Reborn, since I still hadn't realized you need to use Pokemon that are outside of you preferences to win. After that, I had a little trouble with just about every gym leader except Ciel. I somehow beat her with five Pokemon and one that was twenty levels underleveled...

COREY. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME

I've done quite a few runs over the years, but I've only successfully kept two runs due to Corey. His battle has always proven to be difficult for me because of the following reasons:

(1) Field - both of his fields either poison your team to death or damage it to death

(2) Pokemon - his pokemon are strong in their own regards, and although they aren't exactly hard hitters, they slowly pick off damage.

(3) Ace - Crobat destroys your team easily due to them already being weak from battling his other mons. Crobat easily picks off everything you have.

(4) Available Pokemon - The available choices don't exactly help; I can only name a few which could prove to be useful against him.