[IC] TotMV:G2: Val Habar and the Terrible Tigrex

Chevaleresse

Liliya-Servants' Quarters

"Uh yeah. Liliya." She made a confused gesture towards herself. "Nice to meet both of you." Liliya unconsciously flinched at the appearance of what seemed to be a talking squirrel statue. Probably one of the oddest things she had seen today...But it was also the thing who had just brought "healing food" for Samantha. It seemed nice enough.

"What do you two do? i mean, magic or fighting wise? And how'd you get the injury"

Edited by Strider

"I am an aspect of earth energy, and I also have picked up several techniques from various teachers.  I can create invisible psychic bombs using my energy, deflect harm from multiple people by splitting my bodily blocks, ram into people to intterupt them, and I have this."

Gozer takes out a sack of black devices, with white text and a ripcord.

"Fulton Recovery Device" they say.

"I cannot demonstrate here, but these devices are currently taglocked to this location, and when attached to an object using the harness, will result in an explosive expansion of helium when the cord is pulled, launching the object safely into a high altitude, where it manipulates aerial currents to guide it to base.  This one is also equipped with teleportation tech, enabling it to reach this ship from other worlds.

Lastly, I can activate a special construct in my body that unleashes my full energy, reducing my health and wellbeing in return for immense power."

Edited by Hal Henderics

"I'm a psychic.  Telekinesis and telepathy.  My base powers are kind of weak, but I can boost them by drawing upon this entity called the Phoenix Force," Samantha states, "But pulling immense, cosmic power through a psychic mind designed to lift pencils without touching them... isn't exactly optimal.  If I draw too much power, it burns me from the inside out."

-Le Kitchen-

"Hmm... I suppose so," Aurora said "Still, who could the flesh bag have been talking about, back on the barren world? As as chaotic and dysfunctional as a few in this group can be, it would certainly have helped to have some type of adviser right from the very beginning to sort things out... wonder what must've happened, to make it so she wasn't there to meet us like he'd been expecting her too..."

-Le Barracks-

Ghost lay staring at the ceiling in one of the spartan bunks of the soldier's quarters. The digging hadn't been terribly hard- even with Tama Vajra at her beck and call, there had still been many times when she'd taken to battle with just her own armaments and skills- sometimes out of the practicality, there were some foes who simply were too small and pathetic to bother evoking a Deva against, other times out of principle. One way or another, not shying away from fighting her own duels every once in awhile and the rigors of travel had kept her fit enough to do even hard labor without difficulty.

That and the fact that she had hardly done any real "Digging" anyway, as much as she'd simply destabilized the sand here and there with a few shovel scoops, then had used her Mati to take care of the rest. The flashes of memory had calmed at some point during the work- when, she had not noticed. Twas good though, that had been the whole point, to distract, to put aside that which she could not change right now.

She finally sat up on the bunk, looking around the place. Just as dilapidated as everything else, but Ghost could easily imagine what it had been like when the fort was still under original occupation- spartan, practical, no more amenities than was needed- back in Sumur, that had constituted a place to lay one's head a single trunk or chest to store one's equipment, for most Garrisons. Seemed the original occupants shared the same philosophy. 

But... she could not stay here. Well, she could, but she honestly didn't want to. She'd spent enough days in barracks during her training days with the legion, so many years ago. Hand-to-hand and armed Combat first, Voice second, Deva Last, that had always been how the Callers of Night had trained their conscripts, and in all honesty up until the moment one either graduated the basic training with honor or died in the process, there was little to separate them from a common legionnaire, even with the distinction being a Godspeaker brought. Just the way the empire had worked, really, all warriors required to pass the first few hurdles regardless of talent, and as much complaint as it might've garnered from officers over the generations, Ghost herself had to admit- the philosophy ensured a solid base of quality in troops...

something which she came to curse once she was no longer on the same side of battlefields as them... 

Regardless, she shook the thought out of her head and got up. It was time to find more fitting quarters, surely there had to be somewhere here where the old rulers of the fort and their closest men stayed...

Navin sighs and nods twice. "...alright, thank you. It isn't good that you baited him into this, but you aren't just walking up and swinging at people then, as far as I know. Just... please refrain from such things in the future, if it is possible. He was very badly hurt when I came across him -- he was unable to respond until he was healed by Laver. Perhaps... hold back a little more in such situations? You do not seem to me actively malicious, at the least." Navin looks up, and suddenly extends a hand to Andre. "And thusly I think it would be rude not to introduce myself to you. My name is Navin Gopinath Mhasalkar, and I am a defender by occupation."

Edited by Powder Miner

Andre nods and shakes the other man's hand, his grip firm as he does so.

"I'm Andre. Technically I'm a miner by trade but more recently I've added adventuring, world saving, and god killing to my resumè. Pleased to meet you."

Navin smiles just a little cheekily at Andre's response -- but it's a subtle thing to be sure.

"I suppose it's that world-saving and god-killing part that is the more relevant part for our current task, hmm? How did you undergo your journey from mining to worldsaving, if you don't mind me asking?"

Andre shrugs.

"It's not all that interesting. I used to live in the Penal Mines, you know, people born there die there and all that. Anyways, A couple of my buddies down there were planning to escape so they stole a mining bot and dug a hole out. I helped by collapsing it behind them, so it was a while before I actually got away but I dug through... And immediately was conscripted by this guy flying on a sword to help chase down a bunch of cats that were doing something... which ended up being resurrecting Godcat. So uh, stopped that. Then I got pressured into helping to stop them from resurrecting her again... We were too late so we had to fight Godcat... I think we won before I was taken here. I hope, tore the tail off of one aspect, made it into my handwrap."

Andre holds up the wrapped fist to show Navin.

Noble's Quarters

Masaru stalked through the halls, silently fuming, having retrieved his weapon and walked off earlier. He'd suffered insults to both his heritage and his fighting abilities, not to mention being beaten half to death. Not to mention the very real threat the man posed; that was a full force attack on someone who'd set their weapon down, and a supposed teammate to boot. Andre couldn't be trusted; he'd seen the type before. Living for the next fight and nothing else. Who knew what would happen when he got bored? Still, he wasn't so low as to murder the man. Kill him in defense of his own life or another, yes, but that was the last thing on the list of solutions. His thoughts were cut short as he encountered someone else, presumably there for the same reason he'd come in this direction; looking for a rather more grandiose room than the boxes they'd put the servants in.

"Oh. Hello there. I apologize for my glower, I've. . . encountered something unpleasant. To say the least. Am I right to assume you're another new arrival?"

"I suppose... you could say that." Ghost said simply. She hadn't exactly intended to engage in much more conversation than she already had this day, all things considered she just wanted to sleep. the mention of something 'unpleasant' coupled with the singe marks the man's gear bore and the smell still faintly wafting off him though, could not help but arouse further curiosity... "Might I ask just what this unpleasant thing you've found was, though? Something lurking around the keep? Or..."

Even as she spoke the idea, she wished she'd not had it in the first place. Yes, yes, that would be just fucking great if the place was somehow cursed or had some type of overly aggressive guardian hiding somewhere, on top of everything else...

Andre hadn't really phrased his story in a way that would be immediately relatable to someone not from his world, but it also wasn't impossible to understand. Navin put his hand to his chin for a moment as he considered the man's words.

"If I'm to understand correctly... you were born a slave, and became the slayer of an evil deity? And took a trophy from it, at that, hmm? That most certainly is a remarkable story, and it would seem you do have exactly the qualification to fight these world-destroying monsters then, so long as that skill is directed at them rather than allies."

Andre shrugs.

"Well, from what the nice aspect said Godcat meant well initially. But yeah, pretty much. Though, to be honest I'm not nearly where I used to be in terms of power. I mean, I couldn't suplex a dragon! That used to be easy for me!"

Andre sighs and sits down looking upset.

Masaru scoffed. "I don't think that man is physically capable of 'lurking.' Suffice to say that if you happen to run into the one named Andre, steer clear of him. He's the kind that's only ever interested in a fight, and nothing else, including whether he just killed the person he was brawling with." His face showed his distaste clearly, if his words didn't already do the job. "Though I believe he'll refrain from violence until he taunts you into swinging first."

after witnessing the end of the fight in the engine room, Vora decided to look at the engines to see how they worked. After a time, she was able to roughly understand the combustion engine that powered the tracks, but she still could not understand the rest of it. She shrugged as she walked out of the room toward the smithy and servants quarters, still looking for a shower if she can find one.

Engine Room >> Servants Quarters 

-Noble's Quarters-

Ghosts shook her head, sighing for a moment. It seemed that perhps there was a bit more truth to how Aurora had described some in the group earlier than she thought, but with something as eclectic as this place appeared to be, it was to only be expected there would be a few difficult fuckers among them. The problems only really started to get bad when everyone and everyone's mother decided to act like it though... a lone offender could be dealt with easily enough, she knew that much from how she'd sent Rodryc's sorry ass right back to answer to Jehena.

"Hmmm. Andre, was it? I'll try and keep that in mind then; but he'll find out fast enough that I neither need nor will use my fists if he starts anything...hopefully it won't become an issue though." looking over the man's scorched attire and the deep scowl still etched on his face once more though, she soon decided perhaps it was best to change the obviously touchy subject.

"Anyway, I suppose introductions are in order. I'm called Ghost these days; not a name I chose, but one that fits well enough, more or less. And you?"

"Yamaguchi Masaru. Unfortunately, I'm not quite well known enough to have some kind of title that people refer to me by, but my name is enough." Ghost. The name could mean any number of things. It could be that she was simply stealthy, or adept at some kind of invisibility magic. It could also mean that she was a sign of death - though if that were the case, he doubted she'd call herself such. "What's got you back in this corner of the castle, anyway?"

"I've already spent enough of my life crammed into a barracks with no privacy, the other bedrooms I've already found are so damn small, it would be like sleeping in a prison cell every night, and I honestly just want to find a bed that's still at least half-decent to lay myself down and finally get this day other with..." Hmmm... perhaps the gripe in her voice towards the end was a bit much, but she didn't really care in hindsight. The events of the past... not even 24 hours were already weighing like a sack of bricks on her shoulders, and the man had asked the question to begin with.

She sighed, continuing "I suppose I won't find anything in much better condition than what I have already, given the general state of this place. But I'd at least appreciate enough space to actually walk in without hitting either wall in just two or so paces, if nothing else..."

--Kitchen--

"No clue, but we need Duct Tape.  Want to help?"  Dackly asks Aurora

Dackly goes to meet up with Gozer, who does the same.

They promptly get to cooking something COMPLETELY inedible, snatching bones from the garbage?

Edited by Hal Henderics

~Kitchen~

"What is this... 'Duct Tape'?" before she could get an answer though, already the Gorgon was busy... wait, why the hell was she digging around in the trash? What was she doing with those bones- oooookay then. Into the pot apparently... 

"Let me guess," the spider sighed "you going to be doing of this Alchemy, aren't you? It's fascinating and all, but... My head's still spinning a bit just from watching it the last time, even after your friend explained it in a bit better detail..."

"I feel the same. I'm not sure that you'll find much, though; all of the rooms I've checked so far have been stripped bare, or close enough that it doesn't matter." He shrugged. "Something about the adventuring life, I think. Can't sleep in these little boxes of rooms - and besides, if no one's using them . . ." He leaned over, and pushed open the nearest door. Sure enough, the creak of the ancient wood only announced disappointment in the form of another dusty, cobweb-strewn room. This one had a bed frame, if something that looked like it'd been smashed apart a century ago qualified as one any more. "I can't say I wasn't expecting that."

"Oh, no, not yet, sorry, This is actually closer to Chemistry than it's magical cousin."

"See, when you boil bones, the things that hold them together slip into the water from the boiling and softening, and if I boil it enough, all is left is bones and sticky liquid, a Glue, made for cheap, and of low quality."

"But, in that same vein, by boiling things, they dissolve and lose cohesion, even without alchemy, right?"

"So I am going to boil these bones into glue, then, I will spit some poison into another pot, and ask that you do the same, and I'll boil the venom until it loses it's bonds as well, becoming naught but the harmless parts that make up the deadly venom."

"It's Chemicals, as it is.  Then, I mix the Chemicals and Glue in simple Alchemy.  The potency of Venom, combined with the stickyness of glue, and without the toxicity that venom holds, results in a strong cheap glue."

She allows Gozer to continue.

"Dackly has an unhealthy love of Duct Tape, which is strips of layers of paper and fabric, coated in glue on one side, and rolled into a roll.  When you pull a strip from the roll, it only has glue on a single side, and thus, you can create a large amount of this tape with poor glue and poor material, and store them for long periods of time.  If your webbing were meat, Duct tape would be salting it."

"My prediction is that she would have you create a long silk ribbon for her, the strength of your webs, with the control of the chemical glue, and she would have a roll of material which can bind objects together with greater ease than even the finest of ropeworkers or menders, at the mere cost of it's appearance, as such mendings are crude, but frighteningly effective."

"Once, Dackly was locked in a prison, and, using Duct Tape from the Cleaner's Stores, fashioned a shiv with which she fought her way out."

"This was in the 5th Pit of Hell."

"Needless to say, when you combine such a miraculous material as Duct Tape with the versatility of Alchemy, your abilities in both routes double fourfold."  Gozer finishes, nodding sagely.

Surely enough, the water and bones begin to slowly reduce into fragile soft bones, and white tarry slime in the bottom of the pot.

Kitchen

"I... see then..." Aurora said, unable but to still scratch her head a little. She... supposed it could be useful, if it truly were as capable as the elemental claimed, but personally she saw little reason why her silk alone wouldn't suffice to accomplish the same ends. Regardless, she simply shrugged as the strange duo continued their mad cooking efforts...she supposed giving a bit of venom and silk wouldn't hurt, anyway.

Noble Quarters

"Of...fucking...course..." Ghost muttered at the sight of the destroyed bed frame. Her eyes glittered with scarlet light as she walked past Masaru into the room however. She was done fucking around in this sham of a fortress, and she'd spent no more time searching for a half-decent place to even sleep. Perhaps it was time to take things into her own hands- it was obvious someone needed to restore this god forsaken place, all of it. Just as she had told Vora earlier though, it would most definitely take quite a bit of effort. but...

"Looks like I've little choice here. The entire place is a wreck, and there's obviously not much left worth salvaging... I was going to... look into this option more once I had the chance to actually rest and think about things... screw it though-" she reached out a single hand to her side, the air seeming to shimmer as an invisible rift opened just before her touch, and she plunged her arm into the tear within the reality of this realm, appearing to Masaru as if she'd just reached into thin air and made her entire arm vanish without explanation. The next moment, she pulled something out of the pocket space, letting the rift seal behind it as the object settled in her hands.

A Lute, Masaru might've recognized it as. And an ornate one at that, beset with small, glowing crystals giving off a gold light, exquisite wood work and engravings, depicting a battle of some ancient and fierce beings- 108 of them in fact, each one looking like some bizarre fusion of both common and exotic beasts, and a few even bearing human faces. Ghost strummed a single string, giving a shrill whistle and in that same instant, the very air around her seemed to fill with a gold aura as the instrument gave off a far deeper, more reverberated tone than what it should've been capable of. A vibe pulsed through the air with the sound, as if it were touched with the vigor of lightning, and the woman strummed yet another chord, filling the air with yet more energy as her voice idly hummed, and the crystals lining her instrument pulsated in an even, steady pattern. Finally however, her idle humming turned into actual song, as her hands continued to work the Lute:

Spoiler

The aura of gold around her only expanded as the melody played on. The broken and worthless remains of the bed frame- and much of the area immediately surrounding it for that matter -began to burn with the same energy, surging, wild and unbound. Ghost continued playing, eyes shut in concentration, searching, shifting through the very sands of time itself, reaching out with intuition and instinct to find a form, any form, that the frame had known before- it mattered not how long ago, so long as it was a better form than what it knew now. Slowly but surely, the broken wood and rusted nails began to lose their current shape as the light surrounding them grew, morphing, coalescing as the woman reached out and took hold of the former glory they had once known. 

Before long, the broken components reemerged from their fiery aura of gold. No longer the shattered remains of old furniture, but a sturdy set of bed posts with a solid frame held in between them, still missing a mattress to go onto said frame, but at least whole again.

Ghost slowed her strumming, and her voice with it. Until both came to a halt, and the golden energy swirling all throughout the chamber with them, receding back towards the woman and filling her body with a pale glow that eventually, died as well. Ghost turned back to look at Masaru, her eyes finally starting to show the true extent of her cumulative exhaustion now, but her face itself unreadable as she simply said 

"I'm... pushing further than I know I should in this state, expending more power than I should... but I suppose I don't have a choice if I want to actually... get some sleep. Fuck it... show me whatever room you'll be taking, might as well kill two birds while I'm at this...you'll have to take care of getting a mattress on your own though."

"I cannot help but question the wisdom of all this, Alba. The spider already sent her regards about how she was rather.... miffed with you, didn't she? If you collapse now-"

"I'm not on the verge of death anymore, you damn fool. If I collapse, it's fine, I'll just wake up sooner or later... you can only know what true eternity feels like once you've touched Oblivion..."

"Thank you for the trust, I assure you, this is worth the effort."

Dackly nods, and then promptly headbutts a wall hard enough to dent the metal, the snakes in her hair all biting at once.  She gathers the poison dripping down from the wall in a pan, and rings it over to Aurora Expectantly.

"If you would?"

Kitchen

The spider winced at the sudden... extraction method used to get the Gorgon's snakes to comply. Slowly but surely, she was beginning to truly question just who she'd gotten involved in. With the pan before her though, she simply opened her jaws wide and let her own fangs deploy- a pair of pure black, dagger-like needles with hollow tips that gleamed under the light -and dripped a few drops of her standard formula into the bubbling mess. There was no need to be fancy with it, after all, even if she could more or less concoct any type of toxic cocktail she so desired...