[IC] TotMV:G2: Val Habar and the Terrible Tigrex

Chevaleresse

"Thank Goodness, I was worried I would have to make some healing food to do the job."

"Either way, we will need to go to the Kitchen, Dackly."

She nods at this revelation.  To her, what seems like a strange non-sequitur to Aurora is a simple fact, in order to fix the Brooch, the Kitchen is needed.

"Do you know where this group keeps their junk? I will need some materials to repair it, obviously."  Dackly asks.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"I've... seen the orc carrying various supplies into a particular room off the main hall, lots of things." The spider paused, trying to recall all the times she'd spied from the rafters as the green man and several others had come and gone into the room with raw supplies and spare gear and the like "If you go out of this door and take...a right, that's where I've seen him disappearing off too, always making odd noises and racket, not that anyone else here has hearing good enough to pick it up..."

As she spoke, one of the spider's eyes briefly flashed with an emerald light, showering the Gorgon in a breif sheet of celestial radiance and warmth. Within moments, her wounds began to visible recede as the energy went to work reversing the damage... 

"Ahhhh, Sweet divine healing.  I know ye well.  Well then, let's use every part of the time, so long as we are killing it anyway."

Dackly says, leaping from Gozer's back in a helix frontflip and slithering away.

She snatches a whole ingot in one hand, placing it under her armpit, and a sack of money containing 500 Zenni, and grabs a barrel of Humansafe Ale under another arm, and then grabs a robotic arm under a third arm, the third arm is the robot one.

She then stalks off to find a kitchen, and eventually succeds.

She pulls a Giant Pot, studded with blue gems, like some form of jade, and made of grey polished granite.

This is hefted onto the reletively Tiny electric stove in the kitchen, which is set to 120 degrees, to give it time to heat up.

Dackly washes her hands, and demands that Gozer wash his blocks.

She then throws the Pendant into the pot, where it melts into a silvery liquid.

Rummaging around, Dackly pulls out a wooden spoon from a nearby drawer and begins stirring, the pile of random junk set off to the side.

Liliya-Smithy

Liliya had scarcely passed through the arch of the main entrance when she abruptly spun on her heels and reversed her motion. With only the slightest hesitation as she recollected the direction in which the smithy lay, she returned. The room was now empty as far as she could tell, but at a glance, she found the shovels which Mar had made. She picked one up, hefted it, and then set out again, hopefully with no more delays.

Hellfire Shovel obtained

She approached the group, testing her step each time, to ensure that she did not fall into any pits that might already be hidden.

"Hey Mar! Any place I can help dig?"

--Outside--

"Dig within the boundaries of the four pillars, their arrows point towards the center, and a central pillar points north."

"Holes are marked by conical sandstones, if you see one, do not step within 4 meters of it."

"Remember to enjoy yourself, and obtain water and shade, should you need it.  We require holes rather than awe inspiring feats of endurance, after all."

Mar says in turn, pointing at the pillars off in the distance, and some of the pads already made.

Something like fog is floating above Mar, and the air feels wet and humid for some reason, Mar himself is channeling a grey gunmetal blue energy in his hands.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Samantha immediately shuts off her Phoenix Corona, and falls to her knees, coughing and generally looking rather unhappy.  She reflexively grabs a Divine Decree as it floats toward her face, wincing with each twitch.  "Fuck, I hate doing that," She mutters, "At least it only hurts me though.  I don't suppose anybody has a healing power?  I could try it myself, but adding more phoenix fire to these burns might not be a great idea."

--Kitchen--

Dackly, seeing something that Aurora may or may not, begins slowly skimming the surface of the liquid, flicking it into a pan, where it becomes flecks of burnt slag.

"You see, when it is simmering like this, the thinner concepts absorb more of the heat, rising to the surface."

She then pours the pot out onto the table, and it becomes a pendant which looks like someone cut gouges out of it where it was damaged.

Next, she feeds an iron ingot into the pot, and it melts down as well, becoming another silvery liquid, which Dackly turns from simmering to boiling with a change in temperature.

She uses a turkey baster to draw out metal from the bottom.

"We want the deepest and most resilient concepts, from the depths of this ingot, not the frivolous ones like shape."

The remainder of the pot is poured out, becoming a Vapid Ingot.  It is clear, and soft.

The baster is squirted back in, and the pendant tossed in as well.

It is at this point that Dackly cracks open the ale.

She starts to chug it as the pot boils and bubbles, turning from silver to white, then to a darker grey.

"I need to be a bit *hic* Drunk, for this next part, or Oi'll overthing it.  And overthingin it ruins the flavour."

She slurs as the Empty barrel, drained in under a minute, clatters to the ground, it's rocky exterior unharmed.

Aurora simply looks on in a mix of utter perplexion and stunned silence as the Gorgon continues to... work(?). She... had never quite seen anything like... well, this, from what she could remember- which wasn't much. What with most of herself gone, all she could really recall was a few flashes of the war and then some of the years inside the castle sewers... fast forwarding to sometime after... whatever she'd done or been through occurred and ajaxed had finally given up trying to reverse it himself. Still, that was saying quite a lot. The humans of her realm had proven themselves capable of... many an insane idea more than a few times she could recall.

Building an entire army to march into the very heart of the Monstrous World and try to destroy it from within had been just one of the them.

"Uh huh, I see...." She muttered in response to the drunk Dackley, unable but to think to herself all the while "Perhaps this might've been a mistake..."

"Unfortunately, Dackly is very poor with context, this device is known as a Crackpot, it is a pot that has had a Sigil applied to it.  The sigil works in two parts, both of which are necessary to it's function."

He points at the glowing symbol on the pot, which floats slightly above the surface itself, the symbol is made entirely of magic.

"Firstly, it breaks down conceptual barriers, essentially melting things into their conceptual components, so, fire is not merely a chemical reaction, it is "Fire" itself."

"So, for example, all the aspects of that metal ingot in the pot, the aspects you assign to iron, It is a Strong, Heavy, Metal, Ingot, and it is Made of Iron."

"The Crackpot breaks it down into those forms, where an alchemist can combine and interact with those conceptual elements, such as Boiling the Iron, so that only it's Strength, and other such aspects, stay at the bottom, while the fleeting lighter parts of it, such as the fact that it is in the shape of an ingot, float to the surface.  If dackly were to take too long however, those aspects would be catalyzed by the heat, rather than merely separated, like how sugar becomes syrup, then carbon, under increasing heat."

As he explains, Dackly drunkenly gives her own explanation for why she is using a cheese grater to scrape metal into the pot, something about having to give it machine level quality, but only a little bit of it, to spice it up.

"What she has done is, she first melted the pendant, then she heated it, so that the Damage it took, something associated with heat, and also a thin concept, damage can be repaired, it is fleeting, and lightweight, so it floats to the surface, where Dackly can scrape it out with a spoon.  She then used iron, but only the concepts related to it being shiny, durable, whole, and metal, and added those, mixing them with it.  Which is why that ingot on the table has none of those aspects, it is not metal, it is not durable, and it isn't even opaque."

"Do you know what Plato's Theory of Forms is?  It amounts to this pot turning Matter and Energy into Form, or more specifically, the lesser version of Form, which is an individual Concept."

"So, you put things into the pot, then do what makes sense to get the result you want, like melting down a metal ingot, and pouring it into a scabbard to make a sword.  After all, a sword belongs in a scabbard, and thus, the ingot must become."

Dackly grabs one of the snakes that make up her hair, oh dear, those snakes look VERY unhappy with this.  She squirts venom from one into the pot.  "Potency" she claims it is for.

"You gotsh to make it strongh, but alsho weeken the worlf, so poison's strongh, and weakensh sha worlf."

"Dackly, the payment, so the pendant is worth more."

She nods, throwing the sack of Zenni into the pot as well, before pouring the pendant out on the ground.

"The Sigils other function is simple and also vital, as without it, we would die or suffer fates worse than death.  The other part of the sigil ensures that no gasses escape the pot, or enter it naturally.  The common scenario is thus, if you put a piece of iron in the pot, and a mass of air rushes in as well, then you have air and iron in the pot, which creates rust, but then, the rust combines with more air, to form gaseous rust, which floats out of the pot, forming both a gaseous rust, AND turning whomever is near it into gaseous rust as well, for the alchemical liquid has touched their bodies and went into it."

"I am sure you have heard of alchemists destroying themselves with their mad experiments due to unsafe practices and equipment."

Final Tally

Damaged: Removed with a wooden spoon, simmered lightly, splattered into a pan.
Metal: Left in, More Metal Added.
Wolf: Weakened with added Snake Venom.
Pendant: Left alone.
Snake Venom: Added to the pot, Potent and Toxic

Machine Arm Shavings: Machine aspect, Arm Aspect, Shaving Aspect, mostly dilluted into "Mechanical", with the focus being on it's quality.

Metal Ingot: Melted down, Boiled shortly to separate the Ingot and Matter aspects from the Metal, Whole, Durable, and Shiny Aspects, the Ingot and Matter were poured onto the table, and the other aspects were mixed with the pendant.

500 Zenni Commission Fee, the Pot has to eat too, you know.

--Outside--

Long after everyone else has left, Mar sits in the middle of the field of traps, pumping out humidity with his magic.

A few hours later, he hears and feels a crash.  A roaring begins to echo.

Mar goes towards it, and forces ot to sleep with Chocolate Mana, Intoxicating it with Magic, Humidity, and heat, until it succumbs.  From there, he drags it out of the pit using some complicated usages of Pig Iron Mana.

He returns to the center, after dragging the animal into the ship, and begins humidifying the area.

Soon, more crashes are heard, followed by skittering.

Three bugs, in three different holes, they scramble up the glass walls, but cannot grip them.

Mar knocks them out as well, with the same method.

Once all three animals are bound with Hardrock Braces synthesized into the ground in one of the castle rooms, Mar calls his job done for now.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Samantha staggers out of the engine room, leaving a trail of soot and blood behind her.  "They left me.  They just fucking left me bleeding on the floor," She mutters in slightly stunned disbelief as she wanders the castle aimlessly, leaving her trail of pain behind, in search of medical attention.

Liliya-Outside->Inside

Under the broiling sun, Liliya began to dig, taking up shovelfuls of dirt. She wasn't nearly as fast or as strong as the others, so her work went much more slowly. After only about three minutes in the sun, she was beginning to feel dizzy. The arid wastes were nothing like her usual climate in terms of temperature, which may have been compounded with the fact that she had had very little to drink yet.

"Excuse me. I'll be back in a moment." Liliya wandered back to the castle, and upon entering, immediately felt a little better. First she stopped by the kitchen, ignoring the chaotic madness of alchemical crafting occurring, and grabbed a drink. Satisfied, she left the new strange creatures behind her--they hadn't seemed hostile--and began to head back outside. She ran over, as anyone would, when she caught sight of the injured woman stumbling through the halls. There was a fair amount of blood, but Liliya had no clue what battle this red-haired woman had been in. Perhaps she was a new arrival, transported after being wounded? Or maybe just more infighting. The number of battles which had occurred during her hour or two present had been unnerving.

"Shit. You need help... I don't have anything I can do. Just hang on a moment, and I'll try to get you to someone."

Dackly blacks out, completely drunk, while Gozer Pours the pot out on the table.

He then prepares a dish of Belgean Fries, by frying french fries twice, he also ensures that it is sprinkled with liberal amounts of garlic powder, season salt, and with a side of ketchup, before kicking Dackly in the side so she blasts it with loving energies, and he matches it with the power of the earth, focused through his flame.  The result is a dish of Garlic Flavored Belgean Fries, with a Strong earthy undertone, like that of mushrooms and potatoes, and Sweet Ketchup, infused with the power of Love.  The love infused Side Dish is propped up on Gozer's Blocks, while he turns to Aurora.

"I need to bring this to the woman who helped us.  Can you watch Dackly? She is harmless when she is blackout drunk."

He comments, walking off.  Aurora would feel very confused when smelling it, thinking her enhanced senses to be on once more, due to it smelling so strongly of food.

--Kitchen > Hall--

Gozer would spot her and Lilya stalking down the hall, the former of them still gravely injured.

"Mam, I made you some healing food, I apologize for the wait."

Floating a block over, he holds up the plate on a stack of blocks, forming a fantastic table and stool.

~The Kitchen~

The goddess had listened intently as the earth elemental explained the process in a bit more detail. She was still perplexed by the absurdity of it all, but ultimately shrugged her shoulders and let the duo finish their work- now at least, it made some sense to her. Not much, but even with her fractured memories, she recalled the concepts of sigils and symbolics being used for many things. And the golem had been right, she'd seen a few humans blow themselves up on accident... ah, the powder, what a terrible thing to forget you still have all over your hands and clothes when you light the fuse...

Before Aurora could really respond to the Golem's request after the work was finished though, he was gone. Oh yes, the fiery fleshbag- come to think of it these two had dragged her out of the room so fast she'd only had time to administer healing to the Gorgon. Again though, the duo had proved their strangeness- potions and brews were one thing, but... would that literal plate of food actually regenerate her wounds?

Well... perhaps... they had obviously done something to it with their power's just now. Again, the Goddess merely shrugged, firing a single burst of starlight at Dackly from her eyes. Rather than regenerate wounds though, hopefully the Gorgon would start to sober up. It had always perplexed Aurora how other beings took just a few swigs of alcohol and within due time, they'd always be flat on their asses acting like fools...

"Come now, up, you can't be that hammered..." 

But I certainly feel like I am, after watching all that fever dreamish chaos...

--Kitchen--

Dackly suddenly leaps up, arms in a "Y" position as she lands.

"Hup!"

"Howdy!  Gosh, whatever you did felt great! Like a star, shining down upon me."

"In fact, that's exactly what it felt like!"  Dackly comments, suddenly curious.

She puts a fist to her chin.

"Say, do you know Nyx, the Primordial Entity slash Goddess of Night, and Deep Sympathizer to Otherkind?"

"Never heard of a Goddess named Nyx," Aurora shook her head, "from the sounds of it though, she seems similar to... what was it they worshipped in Dour?" She put a hand to her chin, trying to shift through the scattered, fragmented memories still left to her name

"Hmmm... Noctus? Noctune? Oh, wait, Nocturne. That was the one. He's the only god of night I've heard of. Always attributed with being the patron of monsters, or some such nonsense..."

--Kitchen--

"Sounds just like her! I'm one of Nyx's Paladins!"

Dackly claps her hands together, and with her eye closed, slowly draws out a spear made of Soul Power from her closed eye, glowing with purple energy and stars.

"I met up with Nyx's last paladin a LONG time ago, apparently, someone was killing off all her servants, and I felt so shitty about the situation that I decided to join up!  Vampires, Werewolves, All of those creatures of the night, pushed and pushed until only the Night itself could house them.  It really hit home for me."

"It's not the best, but I've ended up with a few shrines and stuff set up when I travel places, mostly people see me doing cool stuff like this and decide they think it's cool too."

Dackly allows the Soul Spear to fade, it dissolves slowly into sparkles and darkness.

Navin eventually headed out to the dig area himself, catching Mar's words as he did. The Indian man hadn't come out to help dig (although he supposed that he could perhaps help afterwards), but for another reason: to approach the fight ebtween Masaru and this other man from a different angle, since Masaru had told him he was not planning to attack. Navin looked around for a so,ewhat toasted, shirtless man and given that that was a fairly unique description, it didn't take very long for Navin to find the wrestler, and he approached him, following Mar's warning about the traps as he did. "Ah... hello? Are you the one who got into the fight with the other man, ah, Masaru I believe his name was, a little while ago?"

"Healing food?  Well, that's not the strangest thing I've seen today.  I suppose I ought to apologize for some things I said when you weren't around and I was under the impression I'd been forgotten.  So, thank you, Gozer was it?"  Samantha digs in, and sighs with relief as her wounds start to fade.  "And thank you, ma'am, for helping me get this far.  Uh, did you give your name?  I'm Samantha Grey.  Pleasure to meet you."

Navin nods, closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath before speaking. "...alright, look. You nearly killed him. I don't know why or how the fight started, but any sort of team like this cannot have us killing each other or getting close to it. I don't know that I can stop you from fighting the others, but this is simply unacceptable. I don't say this to be rude, you must understand. If we are here to fight beings threatening each and every universe of our world, nearly killing each other instead isn't simply bad, it's-- well, it's horrific, honestly. So I beseech you, please, to hold yourself back in your brawling. If these kinds of fights continue to happen, I will make an attempt to mediate, but though I have trained in aikido my powers don't otherwise suit this well, and it would be dangerous for everyone involved. We are supposed to be defenders, not to be engaging in these sorts of lethal battles among ourselves."

Andre is silent for a while before shrugging.

"Alright, fine. I won't go full out. But you realize that was just over a little verbal disagreement right? I'm not saying that I should have prodded him, I really did want him to fight me. But still, I didn't even say something beyond a comment on the typical behavior of dragons from what I know. Anyways, he shouldn't be too hurt even if he wasn't resistant to heat. I made sure to pull my punches and not break anything vital. Should be back on his feet within an hour unless he gets into another fight... Although, there could be an effect ending autohealing for some reason... That wouldn't be good... Uh, look, if he's not been fixed in an hour, I'll go give him a potion. Should fix him up."

Andre does at least seem to be appropriately worried that Masaru won't recover. 

~In the Kitchen~

"Kept killing... her servants, eh?" Aurora trailed off with the thought. Gods know how many of the Arcadians they'd killed since they'd gotten out of the underdark and to the surface, the arrogant fuckers just seemed to keep coming and coming and coming... always a group of holy knights or clergy or champion spouting the bullshit dogma of his goddess in that strange, choppy holy tongue they used that only Ajax was able to understand, and even then only because he was capable of ripping the thoughts right out of their minds before they had even formed. But alas, it seemed there was an endless amount of fools serving whatever god held patronage over that old empire... fitting, given all the other interactions she'd had with human forces suggesting the exact same quality- they fucked like rabbits, popped out young just as quickly, and when they really wanted to kill something, could cooperate even better than ant colonies...Castle Dour had proven that.

By the time Dackley finished her explanation, Aurora had began pondering the fate of the others again, only brought back to reality as the spear faded "Hmmm? oh, what, yes, yes, of course, paladins dying..." she muttered idly... searching for something to change the subject though, she soon spotted the reforged emblem sitting on the table; the fresh product of that fever dreamish process she'd been witness to only a few minutes prior. Aurora picked it up, noticing a little bit of reassuring heft despite it's small size... almost as if there quite literally more to the contraption than met the eye:

Aurora picks up the former Wolf's Brooch, now newly transformed into the Dacian Draco Emblem.

Spoiler

Name: Dacian Draco Emblem
Description: An alchemically reforged insignia depicting a creature with a wolf's head and serpent's body that is eating it's own tail, coiled in such a way to form an infinity symbol. When the button disguised as one of it's eyes is pressed however, the pendant expands into a robotic version of itself that dispenses a conceptual venom....
Type: Bauble
Minimum Stats: str 1, syn 2
Weight: 2
SYN/INT Threshold/Bonus: Every 5 Syn, Alchemist Touch poison di increases by 1 size 
Special Qualities:

-Conceptual Alchemist's Touch: [Free Action. When used, poisons your weapon to deal a 1d6 Poison status lasting 3 turns on attacked enemies. 4CD before this effect can be activated again.]

"This... is quite something..." she commented, actually at a loss for words. Mostly because it still fascinated her just what the two had done to recreate it in the first place "This... special type of Alchemy though, where did you two learn it? I've never seen any type of magic quite... like it before."

"The Art of Crackpot Alchemy is one native to a special realm known as Earthrealm, one of three in it's Trinity of Realities, That entire world delves into this sort of thing, as Ideas and Reality are in tune with one another."

"In that world, a sword is not just a collection of iron, but rather, all of the parts that make it up as well.  It's heft, and it's parts, It's like..."

"It's like the whole damn place was an allegory for something.  I'm sorry, I'm probably not making much sense.  That place didn't either."

"It is just one of the many places I've visited.  I've actually been around quite a few worlds, even one where I helped a group like your own."

"...a group like ours?" The spider's mind started whirring almost immediately, as she cocked her head in even deeper thought than before. Already, the memory of the dying fleshbag with all the armor and weapons sticking out of him flashed across her mind "Just what was this group like then, by chance? Were there any flesh-bags in it who had brown hair, golden eyes? Perhaps took to dressing in plate armor with an apparent penchant for not dying despite suffering many open wounds? He mentioned something about a... 'her' who was supposed to have been guiding us, we never met anyone who seemed to fit and he never explained that particular bit either... is it supposed to be you then?"