[IC] TotMV:G2: Val Habar and the Terrible Tigrex

Chevaleresse

Masaru could probably pick up on the magical surge that accompanied the transformation, but in his state, wasn't too concerned with actually figuring out what it meant - all he saw was that Andre had stopped moving, which gave him a moment to prepare a stronger attack. He hopped up to his feet and into a stance for a brief moment, a fighting one with hands clawed and the back arm higher than the front. He only held this for the briefest moment before bringing his arms together over his head and crashing down at Andre with a sledgehammer-like strike.

A pair furry arms shoot up to block the blow. Andre is obviously on equal terms with Masaru now. Andre practically throws the dragonkin back as he rises. He points to Masaru enthusiastically as he poses. His voice booms through the halls theatrically as he speaks.

"Quite impressive! But this fight ends here!"

"Don't brag until you've won, beast!" A bit hypocritical, perhaps, to call Andre a beast, but Masaru wasn't particularly concerned. He let Andre throw him back a bit, as he worked it into his next move. He angled his shoulder toward his opponent, and then burst forward, a clap of thunder and lightning punctuating his charge. Perhaps he was overcommitting to the attack, but it was fast and dangerous; even a graze or a near miss would fill Andre with lightning again.

"When the two of you finish, Pick up a Hell Shovel from the Smithy, I am going to dig Pit Traps to capture food."  Mar says, nodding in approval at the fight.

He stalks off himself, With his skillset, Picking up a Hell Shovel would be Redundant.  He does however Sharpen his Boomerang, Bringing it's Damage up to 2d8, and granting it the Unholy Tag. The boomerang becomes royal purple at it's sharpened tip, as the bone takes to necromancy well.

From there, he grabs two metal plates, and strikes them with a rock, cracking them into 4 perfectly carved shovels apiece, which are sharpened with the Necro Hellfire Grind Wheel until sharp.

Once he gets outside, he begins digging holes, and covering them with thin layers of sandstone.  They all have a small spike in the middle of the cover, so it can be detected by human eyes.

The walls, being Sand normally, are heated until glassy, so that they will hold.

Mar marks the trapped area with giant sandstone pillars, bearing arrows pointing towards the center, and a center pillar with an arrow pointing north, for ease of navigation.

He continues doing this within line of sight of the castle until more people show up to help him.

The intention is that anything that walks over a sandstone tile that is heavy enough will cause the thin shell to collapse, dumping them in the deep hole, and it's glassy walls prevent escape, While Mar knows where the Traps are, due to the landmarks he set within line of sight.

Spoiler

Thaum>Sandsea Sand: (4, 6): This Mana type rips itself and other things apart, enacting an erosion-like effect. It has a very short lifespan however, requiring constant channeling at very close range.

Used to dissolve sand into sand mana to erase sand and replace it with sand mana, making for fast digging.

Thaum>Lavastone: (1, 1) This Mana Type creates heat in things.

Used to Heat the Glass.

Thaum>Sandsea Sand>Silicon: (5, 3): This Mana type creates Sandstone when applied to silicon.

Used to make Sandstone Covers.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Andre folds his arms with a smirk. He doesn't do anything to block the attack at all. It's rather bizarre... up until Masaru enters arm's reach with the bear. His face is immediately met with a solid punch and a searing heat though there's no obvious source of it. He isn't given time to think it over though as another punch quickly connects. And then another one, and another two, more and more hits collide bringing heat as Andre is carried off, grimacing as he's electrocuted again. This is really the first time someone's hit him THROUGH his limit break. It's not like he would die from it.... Andre mentally backspaces. Hopefully he would beat the dragon into submission before it killed him... Which isn't the first time he's thought that oddly enough. That said, his body is covered in burns and his hair is sticking out on end. If it wasn't for the fact that Masaru seems to not be trying to kill him then he'd really be worried about being able to walk away. Especially since he's not going to be able to keep up the beating.

Edited by kj1225

--Outside>Entry Hall--

"Ok, time to hack into the door with my incredible hacking skills.  Look away Gozer, I don't want to taint your innocence with my devious skills."

"OK Dackly."

He does not move at all.  Dackly is still on his back.

She opens the door, pressing the open button, and enters the Entrance Hall.

"Hellooo, Meatbags and Assorted Non-meaters!  Say hello to your newest best friends!"

"He's Gozer!"

"..."

"I Saiiiid! He's Gozer!...  That's your cue Gozey."

"Oh. My cue for what, Dackly?"

"Oh my goodness, Uh- YES! And I am Dackly!"

She bows with a flourish from atop Gozer.  Gozer sits there, looking all too pleased with the botched entrance.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"... maybe, maybe not." she says in response to Vora, back still turned from both of them, and in many ways, this world itself by this point. The memories of the fires and the bodies were all too fresh in her mind, his face leering down from the throne, expecting her, waiting for her, all so that he could deliver to her the same fate he had all the others who stood in his way... wearing the robes of high imperial office, the emperor's blood still fresh on their virgin silks. The memory of his might, so vast, so restless, like a great predator that had been trapped for so long and at long last, once more new the sweet, sweet taste of freedom's nectar. Ghost squeezed her eyes shut, trying to shut the thoughts away- thoughts of the fool she'd been and the child she'd may well have damned the minute he was born. Something hot and moist formed in her eyes, the harder she tried.

But they would not leave, no matter how much she wished the nightmare to just end. It had only just begun... she could feel it in what was left of her heart, torn and tattered as it was. But still stalwart as ever, she did not let it out. Did not let it take over, no matter how much she wanted to, how much she needed it to. Even if only for a second.

"It's... what we may encounter if we ever do find my world... that worries me most though. Even... without these... things... there's still one more... the one I couldn't stop.... he's still there, still waiting, and he always will be..."

"Alba..."

"No, no...enough of this." She stood, looking up at the evening light filtering into the ballroom from it's massive stain glass, the rays of the rising moon kissing her face with a gentle resonance the likes of which foiled the sun's burning wrath nigh perfect. "You're right... I can't do anything about anything, Tama. I'm not in control of where I am, and who knows, I've probably never been in control to begin with... kicking and screaming about it like a toddler... does nothing." With that, she looks directly at the orb of stormclouds, an almost mournful glint in her eyes,  "And how many times have I told you that name is no longer mine? Alba Vincula is long dead. I'm just a Ghost, come to atone her sins.... nothing more, nothing less. well, now at least, I am something less... just a shell like you, for all it's worth." 

"I... I need some air." and nodding to Vora as she walks past "Excuse me..."

Ghost>Ballroom to Outside the Castle 

Ghost saw the two beings in the entrance hall as she passed. But she was far from eager to engage in further conversation, in fact the moment she saw them she had done as her namesake implied and faded her entire body out of the physical world and into it's pocket space. And it was like that she walked right by the strange newcomers, imperceivable and untouchable, as she headed outside and let herself return to the physical realm.

The evening air was cool. Unlike earlier, the sun had finally set a bit further on the horizon, making the ambient light that much more bearable to her eyes. Damn how she loathed how bright the day always was, even if for no other reason than the pain it brought... but it seemed it was pain she'd simply have to learn to deal with, given her facial cloths and her cloak were both glorified pieces of tattered cloth now. Just one of the many things she'd lost... but one of the only material ones at that. 

She looked out over the horizon. At the time. The dwindling throngs of the crowd as the night approached ever faster. There was... one thing she noticed though. Strange bits of sandstone sticking out of the desert. Lots of them... now that she squinted a bit- as shit as her sight in day time was, her lowlight vision could've rivaled any beasts -and all of them seeming to concentrate towards one central area. And as she walks towards them, the Sandstone spikes give way... to pillars... 

and to the same Orc from earlier.

"...What's all this for?" she asks Mar as she watches him work, alone in the make shift holes, her voice quiet among the shifting winds. A dull crimson haze floats about her eyes, though in all honesty it's probably more just an existing feature accentuated by the lowered light than anything else, "Aren't you... we... whatever... leaving relatively soon? Why dig all these holes now?"

Samantha, having left the general area of the fight because if she was still there she would have tried to stop it once it escalated., runs into the gorgon and the squirrel golem as they make their 'grand' entrance.  "More people, huh?  Hello!  I'm Samantha Grey.  We're apparently being teleported here in droves to fight eldritch abominations.  Welcome to the party, beware the drider, and if your powers follow the gorgon theme all the way through borrow my sunglasses until we can get you a pair for yourself."  The young mutant doesn't bat an eye at the pair's performance, mostly because she's met larger hams than this.  After you've been held hostage by Doctor Bong, and yes he calls himself that, nobody else really comes close.  Though since she got She-Hulk, Wasp, and Thor autographs out of the experience, Samantha considers it by far a net positive.  Instead she pulls a pair of simple, dark shades from a pocket in her jacket, though she doesn't offer them yet.

On her own side, the gold-and-white color scheme isn't really notable, but the fact that she's on fire and doesn't seem to be distressed by this, or radiating heat, could be notable.

--Mar, Outside--

"It does not take animals long to travel where they are not pestered by people. Their senses are heightened, despite their ultimate flaw of lacking intellect, giving the illusion of their scarcity."

"Any animal walking over one of these will be detained.  And we require more meat desperately, Unless you want to take my boomerang and explain to the Glaivenus I resurrected that we have run out of meat."

Mar says, sweeping sand over a pad to disguise it further.

"I'll also be spending the rest of my wealth on meats and foods."

--Dackly & Gozer, Entrance Hall--

"Oh Wow!  I didn't think I'd get caught up in this again!"

"Well don't you worry, this isn't my first rodeo, I've already had all the angst and arbitrary downsides removed from my Monster Template!"

"Amazing what a bunch of adventures across the multiverse let you do!"

"It's a funny story, I used to have the whole ugly gorgon thing where I uncontrollably turned everything that saw the light reflected from my eyes to stone, you know, the usual, but since then, I actually found out I was just some construct made out of souls, got turned into a real girl after I got enslaved to a soul stealing crystal for a few months thanks to an incompetent but good hearted adventurer blasting it with plant magic, turning me and everyone else living there into plant people instead of ghost people, then I had one of those soul searching things where I found out that all of my powers were actually controlled by my emotions, and that mastering myself freed me from my eternal curse of impersonal appearance!"

She puts a twisted finger to her cheek.

"Or, to put it simply, I'm cute as a button now, cause an actress taught me to do that thing where you use your facial muscles to change your face, so now I can turn off the automatic gaze attacks from my intense uglyness and shame in my appearance, hidden deep in my own subconscious!"  Dackly rambles.  In fact, she rambles in a single breath, to the point where it is most definitely questionable, a thing that can be questioned.

"Also, I'm going to stay pretty far away from you, nothing personal, I'll just burn to death with no hope of surviving if I catch fire!"  Dackly says, still doing her cute face.

As soon as Dackly's Cheerful Tirade dies down, Gozer steps it with much more sensible things to say.

"We have fought entities of that exact description once before, under identical circumstances.  Though in our own supermultiverse, either they succeeded, or that reality suffered from some other fate, as we were cast into the void, forcing us to seek refuge with some desperate survival tactics to endure the harsh oblivion."

"From there, we spent several years in one specific dimension, before using the skills we have gained to travel around.  The Meteor you may have heard was indeed us streaking in at high speed."

"Uh huh...." Ghost mutters. She didn't eally know what the hell a Glaivenus was, or why or how the Orc's boomerang would've facilitated communication with it, and she didn't truly feel like asking. The mention of ressurection does make her noticably cringe though, just a little as she examines the holes and sandstone markers the orc is currently working on a bit closer.

"Ookay then... I... don't suppose.... you could use any help out here though, could you?"

--Mar, Outside--

"I left several Hell Shovels in the smithy, if you wish, you can grab one for yourself and assist me digging, I made sure there are at least enough for everyone with a strong arm."

Mar comments, testing a spot with a single foot to see the flex in it, before moving on to the next spot.

Vora watched Ghost leave, and sat down; her shoulders now shuddering slightly as she was alone, and didn't need to keep her facade up. "I knew that bastard was evil, but who the hell just destroys the home of several billion people because the sick bastard needs to test a weapon? He already knew it worked!... the people of DM7 should not have had to die for that... even if he wanted a war, why would he attack the most helpless in our solar system? The DM7 Colonists should not have had to die... in fact, what about DM7 would make it the target of such an attack? Scare everyone into surrendering? Attempt to pit the entire solar system against the Izerics? the plan didn't even make sense..." Vora got up, a few tears finally streaming down her face. "I need to figure that out, but probably another time... there are more important things I should look into concerning my current situation... I can worry about my former home later"

Vora wiped the tears from her face as she walked out of the room 

Ballroom >> Throne Room

Vora walked to the ballroom, remembering the throne having a control panel. she walked up to it. Vora decides to walk around it, trying to make sense of what the chair was used for other than just a throne. she realized that this must be the pilot seat of the entire castle...

Look at the chair and attempt to find anything unusual about it

With nothing much more to say between, something Ghost was perfectly fine with at the moment, the Caller shrugged and walked back to the castle. All she wanted right now was a distraction from the visions floating through her mind, and a bit of physical labor seemed as good of one as any. Besides, it was certainly fitting that she ended up digging holes with her actual hands...given she'd certainly dug enough through her personal endeavors already.

Outside>Barracks>Smithy

Findind the shovels was easy enough once she approached the smithy and workshop attached to the barracks. She picked one up in her hand, immediately sensing the dark energies pulsing all throughout its structure. What drew her attention even more however, was tha fact that the instant her palm made contact, the blade seemed to ignite with an ominous flame that was blacker than night, only extinguishing itself when she set the weapon back down as experimentation. And then once more took it, this time restraining her Voice and noting how the flames did not bloom to life this time. Seemed that whatever energy was latent in the shovels naturally reacted to her own magic... strange as it was though, she simply shook her head and took her leave. Who knows, maybe that was how the Orc had turned all that sand on the sides of the holes to glass...infact, that's probably exactly how, now that she thought about it.

Ghost Obtains a Hell Shovel and equips it

Spoiler

Hell Shovel

Description: A Metal Shovel Cracked from a steel plate, and sharpened with Unholy Grindwheels.

Type: Weapon

Damage: 2d8+Str

Minimum Stats: 1 Str.

Weight: 3

SYN/INT Threshold/Bonus: 
3 Int: Trench: The user increases a target's RES by their Str until they use a Melee Attack or Take Damage, digging up a trench and a wall in front of them.

3 Syn: Black Fire: The user's Magic Fuels the Shovel's Unholy power, setting it alight.  +5 Damage to targets weak to Fire.

Special Qualities: 
-Made for Digging: Deals double damage to Earth Element Enemies, Enables Digging.
-Unholy: This weapon has been stained by necromancy and hellfire.

Smithy>Outside again

After a good ten minutes or so since she left, Ghost finally returns to where Mar stands alone among the dunes, surrounded by his pitfalls and sandstone pillars. Try as she might however, she can spot no obvious pattern or organization to how or where the holes are placed in relation to each other, as far as she can tell, they seem to simply be scattered on the principle of having a reasonable amount of space between the circumferences each. But the fact that several of them had since been covered with sand to better conceal them probably didn't help that assessment.

Shovel in one hand, she looks to the old Orc once again "There anywhere- or way -in particular you want me to start digging here? Or does not it really matter so long as the walls are too smooth to climb out of and it's not right next to an already existing trap?"

"There are also four pillars, if you see one, the arrows on it point towards the center.  Stay within those boundaries.  Otherwise, yes."

Mar summons up a deep red magic using a piece of something from a satchel on his person, heating the walls of a hole with magic until it turns to glass.  He then summons magic to his hands, where sand that he touches is erased in blinding yellow light, and finally, he caps the old hole with the yellow energy made from the sand, turning it into sandstone.

--Throne Room--

Vora touches the chair, poking and prodding it, something clicks, and suddenly a horrible keening noise of metal sounds out from another room.

--The Castle--

Everyone hears a horrific metal noise resounding from the Engine Room, peeling cleanly through the air in a ragged attack on one's ears.

Something is clearly going on there.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Ghost-Outside

Shrugging, Ghost wandered off to somewhere within the pillar's boundaries and found a suitable place to dig. Before long, she had plunged the burning blade into the soft sand, tossing shovel after shovel full beyond the area of any of the other traps, until she saw what precisely the orc was doing that is. Seemed the giant wasn't even using a shovel, so much as some alien technique to just remove the sand outright. Which gave her an idea of her own...

She kept digging a bit further, until she'd created a sizable divet in the dunes, and then she set the shovel aside and went to work, her body phasing into it's pocket space and sinking her position down into the sand until she'd found the very lowest spot of the hole. And from there, she reached out and opened a small rift into her personal dimension, and watched as the sand flowed in- she had no particular worries about how much space it would take up, here in this dimensional pocket she and she alone had any real access to, space was largely irrelevant. If anything was put into it, the pocket would simply expand to accomodate it if nessacary, and it wasn't like things could easily get lost in here either... not when she had a sense of just about everything that was held in there, which at the moment, wasn't much more besides her own physical body, the coin purse, the Lute from Jehena, and the sand pouring in now.

Nor did she really worry about anything mingling or... aging in this space either. It had always seemed to more or less induce a stasis, from all the times she'd used it in the past- which... was too many to count... and the very thing she'd suspected many times before of being responsible for her aging at a virtual snail's pace... if she even was aging at all these days, it had eventually gotten too hard to tell as the many years had merged into one yet her body biologically stayed largely the same way it had always been.

Regardless,  She allowed the rift centered on her palm to remain open a while longer, letting the hole she had dug grow ever more as more matter was removed from it- like a sinkhole. And finally, she cut it off, bringing the sand flow to a halt and rising her position back above the surface and exiting the space to enter the physical dimension once again to look over her handy work. The results were indeed satisfactory. 

But there still remained the issue of making sure the beasts couldn't simply climb out, and that was something her Mati could not accomplish... were that she still had the might to shout hard enough to turn the very air into fire with her Voice alone, heating the walls would've been a simple issue. But no, no... there was no use thinking about what she had lost right, this was supposed to be a distraction afterall. Shaking her head, she took up the shovel again, setting it's blade alight with ominous fire and this flaring her own energy to react in greater proportion to the tool. What resulted was a virtual torrent of black flame licking off of it's metallic head. 

And with that torrent roaring in her hands, ghost set about the process of refining the sand walls into crude glass...

Aurora- Grand Hall>Engine Room

Aurora, the voice in her head once more silent and having left her to her own devices, had nearly drifted off to sleep in the rafters... before the gods forsaken noise of metal on metal deeper within the keep had shaken awake. Though in all honesty, she'd been alerted already long before the audible sound would've reached any of the others possessed of lesser senses- sound traveled much faster through solid objects and water than it did air afterall, and her Vibrosense was second to none.

Peering around to see if anyone else was around- which it seemed there wasn't, she got up from her nest of webbing and headed off towards the source of the noise.

The flurry of unseen punches did a pretty good job of halting Masaru's forward momentum. Hit after hit landed, searing him with intense heat - something he wasn't actually particularly resistant to, given his draconic grandsire had been a lightning breather instead of the more "traditional" variety. The first series of blows spun him partway so he was facing Andre head-on; the rest battered him backward, until he was pushed back out of the attack's reach, at which point he took one step toward Andre - and immediately crumpled, collapsing forward into a heap with a singed odor about him. 

Andre sighs in relief. Then he limps off to get a shovel for himself. Anyone passing by would note that he smells like he was struck by lightning and looks like he was run over by a very angry car a couple times.

What the fuck! I thought that guy uses swords, how the hell did he keep up with me in a god damn fist fight!? I should have had him beat easily.

Liliya-Servants' Quarters

"You fucking moron." Liliya muttered after Andre had exited. Fury had flooded through her as Andre had insulted Masaru, and gone on to completely trash the guy. It wasn't the fact that Masaru had gotten beaten that had angered her, but that Andre had been an idiot, and not paid the price for it. She had now seen him fight twice, both times against people she would normally consider strong, and he had triumphed both times, with no just fall for his ignorance. This instilled a sense of caution, confining her to the role of an observer. "Two people, on using a sword, and the other using magic, and he walks away from both fights. Concussions all around. Woo. That thing at the end? If he was trying to win, why didn't he use it at the beginning? Style I guess, maybe it needs pain..."

Liliya stepped over to the prone body, and knelt down. She didn't know much about blunt force trauma, so she simply poked him a couple of times in the arm to see whether he was out cold, or simply exhausted. "You awake?"

Edited by Strider

Aurora Enters the Engine Bay alone.

Her senses detect something, it is impossible for them to pinpoint, but she knows it is here, slinking between the massive engine blocks that make up the engine room.

A Clang From Behind her, then another from ahead?

It Seems Impossible to Explicitly target this opponent.  Maybe some form of implicit Targeting can catch it off guard, such as AoE or Counter Stances?

Spoiler

(25) Aurora: 42/42
(???+???) ???: ???/???

((Note to self: Buy...some...god...damn...AoE...next...level...up...there. Perfect.))

Aurora 42/42

Current State: Goddess

Danger. Danger all around, her senses flood her mind. Slinking, lurking, there in the dark, something unknown, something that preferred the shade just like her. She tries to feel for the voice from before, but the voice does not respond, and the spider is left to her own devices against the unknown foe. Mouth beginning to curl, fangs bared, snarling, growling. She does what comes naturally and Lets her predatory instincts take over, her carapace beginning to glow with countless colors as radiation pours off. Eyes going completely silver; sclera, pupil, iris and all. Senses heightening, reflexes sharpening, scanning the area, seeing not just in the low-light and visible light spectrum, but even relying on vibration itself....

Aurora changes from Goddess mode to Primal mode 

[Synergy (10) and Strength(4) Swapped, Gains 10% Dodge chance while in Primal State]

"Oh, uh, don't worry.  These won't burn anyone I don't want them to, and you guys seem cool, so- Holy shit what was that sound?" Samantha exclaims, whirling around to stare into the depths of the castle.  "We should probably check that out?"  It sounds more like a question than a statement.

--Entrance Hall--

"I have this thing, so pardon me if I avoid it irrationally, really sorry best bud, Like, you are really cool too, but I am seriously freaked out by fire stuff!"

"We'll do friend stuff later just without the whole touching thing and-"

"Let's go."  Gozer thankfully interrupts.

--Engine Bay--

Samantha, Gozer, and Dackly rush in, spotting Aurora looking incredibly frazzled.

"Waistline humanoiiiiiid!" Dackly shrieks like a moron, overjoyed at Aurora's Appearance.

Gozer looks very nettled.

The Stealth Sneak promptly Smashes Dackly in the face with a hammerfist, sending her flying into a ragged looking piece of machinery, and dealing (1d12+8=6+8=14) 14 Damage!

Dackly makes a Dackly-Shaped Indentation in the important looking machinery as some rotating thing in it continually bonks her in the head.

Gozer looks much more nettled.

As it struck Dackly, it's camoflage dissolved, revealing it as a bright green lizard creature, about 5 times larger than a human, it's mouth opens and it shrieks at the rest of the party.  A black Heart-like Emblem adorns it's chest proudly.

Stealth Sneak Boss Theme: Squirming Darkness

A hexagonal force field entraps the party in the engine room when this happens.

Spoiler

(25) Aurora: 42/42

(13) Samantha: 63/63

(8) Gozer: 38/38

(6) Dackly: 38/24
(???+???) Stealth Sneak: ???/???

Masaru groaned a bit at the prodding, but otherwise didn't react. The fact that Andre had applied a near-lethal amount of force in something that was an angry brawl at worst was likely to blame for the man's current impaired state. Through a very thick mental fog, he attempted to pull himself off the ground and stand up; the actual result was more of just another groan of pain as he pulled his legs in closer to his body.

Laver approaches the man, hearing the groaning and fighting from the entrance hall, and draws his Heartstrung sword.

Upon seeing Masaru, his eyes widen, who the heck could have done this kind of damage?

"Hey guy, I'm going to try and help you out, Alright?"

"Can you hear me? I need affirmative consent to heal you, if at all possible."

Edited by Hal Henderics

Liliya-Servants' Quarters

"You might have to do heal him without consent. He just got beat up pretty well by Andre. Some sort of insult...anyway, I'm Liliya, by the way." This boy seemed to believe he had the power to heal Masaru, and, while Liliya was rapidly losing trust in the people here, he seemed nice enough, and kind.