[IC] TotMV:G2: Val Habar and the Terrible Tigrex

Chevaleresse

Andre stalks down the hall by them with a shovel over his shoulder. Looks like he's going to go dig some holes. He was asked to do it after all, not even going to be that hard given it's just sand. It's the worst sediment but he can deal with it.

Indeed, Masaru didn't seem to be in the state to speak coherently, much less process why exactly Laver needed consent to heal him. The man did, however, nod slightly, head shifting up and down a bit relative to his body. 

Another man entered the hall where Masaru lay beaten, the Indian man in his somewhat bizarre, armored white outfit. When he saw Masaru's condition, he frowned and courched down to better look at the prone man, thiugh he made an effort to refrain from crowding the injured quarter-dragon. After looking at Masaru for a few moments, he looked up to Liliya and Laver, before standing back up straight. "What happened here...?"

--Hallway--

Laver looks torn until Masaru nods his head.

He plucks the strings on his sword, the tone getting deeper and deeper until it's a low rumble, before Laver begins swinging it around seemingly at random, causing several more rumbles, before finally hitting Masaru himself with the weapon, causing several green glowing particles to be emitted from his body, like green leaves and laurels.

His wounds visibly dissipate.

"Sorry, sometimes people REALLY get angry when I heal them, because my Healing works by plucking their emotions and memories."

--Outside--

Andre would find Mar and Ghost, also digging holes.  Ghost seems to be sucking sand into her body, before glassing the walls with a Hell Shovel, while Mar is turning it into energy.

Andre shrugs and goes off to a different area to start digging his holes. Not too deep, just a couple feet so nothing climbs out and about two feet wide some that animals of worth out fall into it. Nothing that would take too long for a guy who used to dig holes in solid rock.

Liliya-Servants' Quarters

"Fight broke out. Masaru here was insulted by something Andre said, mind control stuff, and asked him to stop. There was more stuff, and then Masaru attacked Andre, and got the shit beaten out of him. This kid here's healing him..." Liliya gestured to the boy behind her. Yet another person who's name she didn't know. He seemed busy though, and was patching up the man quite well. She turned to the newcomer, and asked, "What's you name? I'm Liliya."

Masaru sat up, frowning at Laver's explanation. "Just, don't do it without asking. Okay?" Without waiting for Laver's reply, he heaved himself upward the rest of the way into a standing position. "Nishiki, I haven't taken a beating like that in years. . . Hell, I don't know if I would have survived if no one had been around to fix me." He looked around. "Where'd the bastard go, anyway? I'm not going to forget this."

"Ah, my name is Navin Gopinath Mhasalkar. It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Liliya." Navin performed a hurried namaste at Liliya, putting his hands together palm to palm and bowing slightly at her before quickly turning towards Masaru, his frown returning. "Ah, my apologies, but please hold on a moment. Look, I'm no stranger to fighting between members of a team --it's frustratingly common over various misunderstandings where I come from-- if we are talking about nearly lethal levels of force, we need to find a way to mediate things. I've seen teams more than tear themselves apart if fighting reaches this level and is met with equal force... people have died." Navin elected not to mention that revival was a fairly frequent thing too where he came from, "...and if our mission is as important as I've been told, I'd rather not see this happen, especially before we even leave this castle or this desert. I do not want to ask you to simply let this go, but... I don't wish there to be a cycle of duels here."

--Engine Room--

Dackly uses Libra on the Creature, while Gozer uses Deleterious Bomb, spawning an invisible psychic explosive!

--Outside--

Mar ceaces digging, and begins seeding his trap.  He uses Chocolate>Lava Stone Mana in order to create a higher humidity in the area.  This will surely attract animals, who in the desert, have a heightened sense of where water is.

Aurora 42/42

Primal State

((Syn 4, Str 10, 10% Dodge))

Aurora uses Spider Fang on the Stealth Sneak 

Spoiler

[Deals 1d6+Str damage and inflicts target with 1d8 Poison status lasting 3 turns. Poison-effect has 1CD]

"Hmph. I won't attack him, if that's what you're concerned about. But that man is not only crude and belligerent; he poses a risk to us all if he's willing to do this to a supposed ally." He inclines his head toward Laver. "He wasn't crippled, but I at least did a number on him. Lightning burns, no shirt, obnoxious attitude?" He glances back at Navin. "I'm avoiding him, so don't worry. I'm not going to hunt him down - though I wouldn't exactly be adverse to dumping him here."

Navin bows to Masaru, a little bit more deeply than his normal slight namaste bow. "Thank you very much. That is all that I wanted to avoid. If things are as you say, though, someone should probably go talk to him. Has anyone met or spoke to this other man before?"

Samantha puts up her Psychic Armor, because that lizard thing looks like it probably hits pretty hard.  "So... Any of you know what the heck this thing is?"

Edited by DragonRage

--Engine Room--

Stealth Sneak Boss Theme: Squirming Darkness

[Deals 1d6+Str damage and inflicts target with 1d8 Poison status lasting 3 turns. Poison-effect has 1CD]

Aurora bites the giant Lizard, poisoning it, she deals (1d6+4=3+10=13-5) 8 damage to it in the process.

It then takes (1d8=2) 2 damage from the poison in it's veins.

Samantha bursts into flames and psychic power, gaining 9 RES for 3 Rounds!

Gozer creates a Psychic Bomb, which can deal (3+1d4) damage!

Dackly has a flash of realization, and flips through a scrapbook she has on her person, putting a finger on one of the pages.

"I've seen this fellow before, He's a Metallic Stealth Sneak, A Metal colored Stealth Sneak, whose skin is Ideal for hiding in heavily mechanical areas. He has 100 Health Points, and can turn invisible. He's Also a Heartless, which, being made of Darkness, is REALLY weak to light!"

(1d4=4) The Stealth Sneak Punches Dackly back into the wall again, dealing (1d12+8=9+8=17) 17 Damage!

"Ugh! What is this guy's PROBLEM!"  Dackly complains, wrenching herself from the wall.

Gozer's Really Quite Neato Copper Sphere kicks in, giving Dackly +3 RES!

Hide contents

(25) Aurora: 42/42

(13) Samantha: 63/63 (3 Rounds of +9 RES)

(8) Gozer: 38/38

(6) Dackly: 38/7
(???+???) Metallic Stealth Sneak: 100/88

Edited by Hal Henderics

Liliya-Servants' Quarters

"Yes, I have. He's not going to listen to me though. Mar might be able to give him a talking to? He's a veteran, so he might be more respected." A brief glance informed Liliya that the man would be fine. For a moment, she considered not helping Mar with his dig due to Andre's presumed presence, but eventually she decided to honor her commitment, and exited the castle with a brief, "I'm gonna be helping Mar with the digging."

"He's weak to light?  If you say so, but I'm going to need you guys to cover me," Samantha tells her allies, "I won't be in great shape after this."  The mutant hero closes her eyes, and takes a deep breath.  When she opens them again they burn with golden light.  She rises off the ground slightly, wings of bright, yellow fire jetting from her back.  "I can feel you blighting this place; you shall pollute it no longer.  I am life!  I am fire!  Burn, you scaly slime!  Burn!"  A stylized beaked head, trailing feathers of flame, emerges from her aura, opens its cruelly hooked beak, and sends a blast of stellar fire into the lizard creature's mind and body.  Even as her presence fills the room with warm, welcoming light, like sitting next to a fire on a cold day, Aurora, Dackly, and Gozer can see Samantha's skin rapidly blister and blacken in painful patches as the power of the Phoenix begins to burn her from the inside out.  Blood drips from her nose, and some bits of skin actually begin to peel off her exposed face and neck.

[Samantha activates her Phoenix Corona and uses a basic attack with her creepy psychic brain, dealing 9d6 + 9 psionic/fire damage and hitting herself for 27 HP.  The lizard must make a synergy check against Samantha's synergy, which is 18 right now, or be silenced and forced to only use basic actions during its next turn.  Also, the Phoenix Corona amp doubles the Psychic Armor bonus while it's active.]

Edited by DragonRage

Aurora 42/42

Spoiler

Primal State
Con= 1
Res= 8
Dex= 6
Int= 0
Str= 10
Syn= 4

Dodge Chance=10%

Aurora uses a basic attack [4d4+Str((10)), Light-based Damage]. This basic attack is further augmented by 25% due to Radiant Shard's effect against Enemies who are suffering from statuses:

Spoiler

-Hopes and Dreams: This weapon was formed from the flesh of its user, crystallized by the power of their own Godspark and the hopes and dreams of the lost Friends and Kin whose memory they carry in their heart. It is when their enemies are at their most vulnerable that this weapon shines it’s brightest… [This weapon deals 25% more damage if the Enemy is suffering from a negative Status]

Vora, not noticing anything else about the throne other than a wood panel with a single switch on it duct-taped to it, sits down, and tries to decipher what each control and screen does. after a few moments, she gets up and walks out of the room and hears sounds coming from the Engine room, and runs toward it. ((she cannot read English.))

Throne room >> Engine Room

--Engine Room--

Stealth Sneak Boss Theme: Squirming Darkness

Vora enters the engine room, finding herself trapped inside by a barrier as she enters.  Aurora, Samantha, Dackly and Gozer are fighting some kind of giant Lizard.

(4d4+10=22*2=44+25%=55-5=50)

(9d6+9=29+9=38*2=76-5=71)

: T H E M E _ O V E R R I D E :

The Wrath of the Gods

Aurora's Radiant Shard and Samantha's Phoenix Corona Charge in synch, the pair of divine powers building in scope as their energies collide parralel to each other, crackling lightning arcing across the ground, and the air itself becoming luminous.

A humming tone begins to fill the air, a whine of reality, complaining of the strain.

Aurora and Samantha strike the Heartless at the same time, Divine Light and Psychic Fire combining together into a wave of the purest and most untainted destruction, Time and Space lose meaning for a mere moment in the tiniest spot of the center of the blast as the Stealth Sneak is completely erased, and dealing 121 Damage.

All that remains is a single heart, floating off to another place, before disappearing entirely, and some assorted goodies, Like Golden Slips of Paper, and A Gear Component.

2X Name: Divine Decree Description: A piece of Golden Paper, which states in terms no mortal could understand, that the combination of Aurora and Samantha's Powers are a rather powerful one. It was created when the two's divine powers intersected in the overwhelming destruction of a single foe. Type: Bauble

Minimum Stats: 0

Weight: 0

Special Qualities:

-Can only be Equipped by Aurora/Samantha.

-Once Per Plot, if both Aurora and Samatha are in the same battle, double their basic attack damage for one attack.

Gear Component: A Piece of strange metal gearwork, dropped by a Metallic Heartless.

Edited by Hal Henderics

With the threat properly neutralized, Aurora released her grasping hold of the animalistic instinct that had driven her up till no slowly receded it's grasp on her mind. Her eyes slowly but surely began to lose their pure, glossed over silver in favor of their normal distinction between Iris, Sclera, and Pupil, and the patterns on her back dying down. The cosmic radiation she gave off decreased significantly, as she felt her senses dull back down- not by terribly much, considering their already considerable base level, but enough for her to register the change regardless. 

And with the receding instinct came the very voice which the spider had sought at the beginning of the fight, but had been met with silence...as her irises morphed even further from silver to green

"That ought make a nice example of what happens to vicious little stowaways..." The Godling chuckled as she moved closer to the remains of the Sneak "Poor bastard probably snuck in sometime while we were still on the barren world... there were many, many more wretches who felt all too similar to his presence there... not like it matters now though. Seems I was right to let the beast handle this battle... quite impressive, infact, better than I think I could've done..."

with that, she picked up one the strange, golden slips of paper. Though at first, her eyes found the text indecipherable, soon enough the ink slowly began to merge and shift as if afloat on the tides, reacting to the latent energies of her Godspark. The spider soon looked up and around at the others, before finally focusing on the Fiery Flesh-bag she'd found in the bedrooms earlier.

"Well... this is certainly... interesting, to say the least..."

Aurora picks up x1 of the Divine Decrees

Engine room 

"Never been there, I'm afraid..." The spider says idly as she rolls the decree up and sticks it in her sleeve "Ironic, given how much food the animal has been hoarding...or perhaps it's precisely because of that-" 

as she spoke, an audible racket filled the room as the sound of metal hissing and popping resounded and echoed off the engine and the metal walls. A small, iridescent light shined from something on Aurora's shoulder, as the splitting echo continued, and before long, whatever it was finally gave way from it's pin and fell to the floor. Fire and Light bloomed forth from the small badge, the holy energies of the fused attack only moments ago still coursing through every atom of it's structure. Finally though, the radiance ceased, and all that lay on the floor was a broken brooch, the effigy of what was once a wolf etched into it's surface, now melted and scorched beyond all recognition. Aurora's face darkened as she picked it up with one of her fore legs, using the other hold her robes in place while a one hand spun the necessary silk to keep it together without the pin.

Something stirs in her eyes, as the leg drops the fragments into her free hands. Somehow, watching the thing break was... deeper than a mere object being ruined. No, no, for some reason... it had felt as though she'd lost something greater. Someone greater... someone who had counted on her... trusted her...

Spoiler

"...Sylvi"

"Oh dang! That thing looks important.  Want me to fix it?"

Dackly comments, looking at the pile of slag with sincerity and a complete lack of gravitas.

Gozer restrains himself from doing that thing where you get someone to shut up, followed by explaining that they should have talked with a bit less impudence.

"I..." The spider takes a moment or three to collect herself, as if transported to another realm entirely before Dackly's offer brings her back to reality. With another glance down at the melted slag, she finally gives a slow nod.

"I don't even know why... she kept it all this time, she's... still alive, it's not as though-" perhaps the less... refined entity that her other self had become knew something she did not, all this time. Perhaps those heightened senses could reach even beyond the fabric seperating whole worlds and even so far removed, she had felt the girl's demis- no. No. The True Aurora shook her head, eyes burning as lone tear, rogue and unbidden from his brethren, fell upon the slag, hissing against the still hot surface, and she quite literally banished the offending thought from her mind, the very idea vanishing in a burst of energy. She reached out and handed the ruined bauble to the gorgon

"but... yes... if... you'd be willing, and you have the power- then... please. Of course, I will not let such a favor go... without repayment. I can heal you in return...I was likely going to end up doing it anyway, given I seem the only one here who can."