Gen 3 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the Gulpin line is still up for grabs, I would like to do that.  Originally, I was going to do one of my favorite Hoenn Pokemon, Torkoal, but I then decided to do Plusle and Minun.  However, once I got to working on my idea for Plusle and Minun, it didn't end up like how I thought it would.  So here I am, thinking "Gulpin and Swalot are pretty basic Pokemon, it shouldn't be too hard, right?"  So yes, the Gulpin line is what I want to do.

Never mind, when I was working on Swalot, and glanced over, and somebody claimed the line way before I said anything.  Well, I'm still coloring mine for shits and giggles, if you know what I mean.  Now that I can get notifications, I'll probably end up waiting it out for Sinnoh or Unova.  Depends on what I can get to first, and if time allows me.

...Hold on...  Nobody is doing Kyogre, are they?  If not, I would like to.  THE TIDE OF THE SEA IS WITH ME!  That aside, yes, I'd really like to do Kyogre if it hasn't been taken.

Sorry for the constant mind changes, it is late, and my mind tends to shift places drastically.  Though I did get three hours of a nap earlier, so I should be good for a while.

• Global Mods
27 minutes ago, Arkiel said:

I finished front shuppet line will go for aron ^^

Reveal hidden contents

353.png354.png354_1.png

Also can someone share me the back sprites of both lines please?, i can't download the sprite pack 

Here you go!

304b.png305b.png306b.png306b_1.png

353b.png354b.png354b_1.png

I finished the Anorith line, and I'd love some feedback on how it turned out, and how it can be improved. I tried to model it off of a flower, so it would look like a roselike creature, that goes from a bud to being in full bloom.

tKMaQhU.pngGIwyEsU.png

9aj55Vx.pngA1LVJve.png

• Global Mods
31 minutes ago, Tartar said:

I finished the Anorith line, and I'd love some feedback on how it turned out, and how it can be improved. I tried to model it off of a flower, so it would look like a roselike creature, that goes from a bud to being in full bloom.

tKMaQhU.pngGIwyEsU.png

9aj55Vx.pngA1LVJve.png

The red line bits on the back look quite messy IMO, but the concept seems pretty good overall

then again I'm no expert.

5 hours ago, rentalrafflesia said:

blaziken line and wailord line pls

I already claimed the blaziken line 10 hours ago, sorry :/

By the way, here is a first shot of the Whismur line. Maybe you have some advices ?

Edit : i know it's the wrong size of sprites, but it's something i did some months ago and i wanted advices before going for the real spriting

293.png

Edited by Siragon

I finished another sprite, the Lileep line. Since Armaldo was originally a sea-borne creature made into a land-walking flower in my previous shiny, I tried to make Lileep the opposite, a sea-borne poisonous plant. So that's how I ended up with this horrifying monstrosity.

I must thank Zumi for linking to the articles about colour theory, they were very helpful with picking out the colours for this sprite. 

KSlDdI1.pngHz4p7Rn.png

W919w1K.pngKeYtDGM.png

Edited by Tartar

• Developers
11 hours ago, Alex said:

BROWN WALRUS

363s.png363sb.png

364s.png364sb.png

365s.png365sb.png

Approved!

11 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Ok I tried to make some more shaded version with lighter faces, as well as whiteface variants to test (I quite like these). let me know if they still need to go lighter.

Edit: Colored Faces is also an option which looks rather nice.

386s.png

386_1s.png386_1sw.png386_1sc.png

386_2s.png386_2sw.png386_2sc.png

386_3s.png386_3sw.png386_3sc.png

Opinion on Favorite facetype and whether the blacks still need to be lighter?

I think the third row is best, though the face probably needs better blending because of the bright colors clashing with the dark line.

11 hours ago, BIGJRA said:

Drafts for Wynaut and Tropius. I'm having a hard time with Wynaut's tail - if someone can help that'd be great.

357.png

360_s.png

I have no issues with Tropius, so that's good, as for Wynaut:

8slmnFW.png

These are some edits I made. I think the really bright purple works poorly with the unsaturated yellow, so I toned down on the saturation and darkeend the colors a bit. Yellow is a tricky color to work with. It just takes practice, though! 

10 hours ago, Bazaro said:

Banette just cuz

63e22fd168f04e90b0157cf434855d86.png4da3975e89644088990457c37b5fa698.png

068f62486fd14ea49ef7a17e6e9f9f4f.png4879a6401bca4fa49ab5e5dfab864952.png

EDIT: Baltoy! And better eyelids for Claydol

d3addf42d9a745d5af6f84d1744d561c.png95326b7b77fe401b9c6538fd8bbd6578.png

8f039707702d478899b668d83175b88b.png0ae7da46a6d847acad5f14ec81521a47.png

And of course:

Hide contents

H̴̤͖̰̬̠̆̂̇̅̾͋Ē̶̷͕̲͋͌ ̴̳̦͓̳̤̣͕̺̥̊̈ͨͮ́̌I̝̫̯̼ͯ̕͜͢S͔͉͖͚̦̲̰̱ͬ̈ͩ ̢̖̱̩͔͈̭́̾͢U͉̻̪̻̻̭͙̱̦̒̇͂̓N̳̮̑̓L̅͐̽҉̳̜̙̘̀Ȇ͉̊̄͑́͜A̰̅͌̔ͅS̬͔̟͓̿ͣḨ̮̺̻̹̑ͮ́ͫͪE̴ͪ̄ͪ͡҉̠̺͓̯̖̦͎͚D̸ͪ̀҉̮̞ͅ

abb67cca124d4a51b69b3dc6a25f97d8.png0872273ad4a4486b949dd508d4333986.png

EDIT: More flames

With red flames:

Reveal hidden contents

91f961a564114b6cab8b3f5f4c1bdc8a.png

Oh my god.  These are really cool. I love the Claydol! The purple eye on the back knows what you did, btw.

10 hours ago, ycoder321 said:

ye? or neigh?

manectric.png

Concept was fine, though it was a little hard to see the red shading. Here are some edits I've done.

VFOqnud.png

Sometimes lowering the saturation on shaded parts of a Pokemon can do wonders with pronouncing that color difference

9 hours ago, foznkr said:

Now with darker outline and backsprite

367.png

367b.png

368.png

368b.png

These look really nice! Approved.

5 hours ago, Arkiel said:

I finished front shuppet line will go for aron ^^

Hide contents

353.png354.png354_1.png

Also can someone share me the back sprites of both lines please?, i can't download the sprite pack 

I like the blue markings! This is really nice! Though, why can't you download the sprite pack? 

4 hours ago, Tartar said:

tKMaQhU.pngGIwyEsU.png

9aj55Vx.pngA1LVJve.png

I like the idea, but there were just a few coloring issues (I saw the updated Armaldo I just took this post)

iPwiq3E.pngREjqKLU.png

I thought it was a little difficult to see the outlines on the red. Make sure outlines are clearly visible so that you can distinguish the colors better.

I also brought the red from an orangish-red to a pinkish red for that rose look you wanted. Also leaned the green more towards blue.

I already have the backsprites for these too, so you don't have to worry about it. Overall, nice job!

3 hours ago, Siragon said:

I already claimed the blaziken line 10 hours ago, sorry :/

By the way, here is a first shot of the Whismur line. Maybe you have some advices ?

Edit : i know it's the wrong size of sprites, but it's something i did some months ago and i wanted advices before going for the real spriting

293.png

These are actually really nice, though I think it would be more consistent for Whismur to be white, and its ears be blue. Just for consistency sake. 

1 hour ago, Tartar said:

I finished another sprite, the Lileep line. Since Armaldo was originally a sea-borne creature made into a land-walking flower in my previous shiny, I tried to make Lileep the opposite, a sea-borne poisonous plant. So that's how I ended up with this horrifying monstrosity.

I must thank Zumi for linking to the articles about colour theory, they were very helpful with picking out the colours for this sprite. 

KSlDdI1.pngHz4p7Rn.png

W919w1K.pngKeYtDGM.png

I like the color choices here! They're really nice! Approved. 

• Developers
14 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Here's the basic Mega Altaria, but I still think it needs something a bit more special, any ideas? (maybe something with the tail?)

334_1s.png

Okay, so with this... I actually have no clue what to do with this. Does anyone else have any idea? I mean, I think it's fine like this, but I also think it's good to experiment with different things. 

11 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

Quick question: Since I've claimed, do you also want me to do a shiny for primal groudon?

If you would I would definitely appreciate it!

14 hours ago, KmK said:

I think the white looks much better indeed. Ill have to see if it fits with the evolutions as well. 

Edit: So I think it suits swampert as well. I dont like marshtomp though.

I either have to change the white in the middle or the white on his belly (the round part).

What do you think?

Marshtomp.pngSwampert 1.png

Hm. I think the problem with Marshtomp is that there's two different whites huddled together like that. So basically what you said. Perhaps make the belly and the cheeks slightly darker? 

guess who's back, now that exams are over i can freely catch up with the shinies i left (comming for you mega alakazam) until then:

Lapis lazuli, Gold, and Bronze:

Spoiler

cPpgTiq.pngmQVyB9p.pngNRkaOqv.png

c1b0Gos.pngF4mSlyD.pnggTRlVYc.png

i gave togekiss a try, i wanted togekiss to be nice to look at AND fit Melia, and am quiet happy with the result (i'll do back sprite and pre-evos if this wins)

Spoiler

ISQu7d7.png

here it is with melia

Esr9lnE.png

• Developers
1 hour ago, Might Gai said:

guess who's back, now that exams are over i can freely catch up with the shinies i left (comming for you mega alakazam) until then:

Lapis lazuli, Gold, and Bronze:

Reveal hidden contents

cPpgTiq.pngmQVyB9p.pngNRkaOqv.png

c1b0Gos.pngF4mSlyD.pnggTRlVYc.png

i gave togekiss a try, i wanted togekiss to be nice to look at AND fit Melia, and am quiet happy with the result (i'll do back sprite and pre-evos if this wins)

Reveal hidden contents

ISQu7d7.png

here it is with melia

Esr9lnE.png

These are really good! I would like to see how Regice looks as a Ruby red, though. Do you mind doing that? 

26 minutes ago, foznkr said:

finishing clamperl

366b.png

366.png

Back sprite is fine, but the front sprite has coloring issues. Namley the things surrounding the pearl.

w1BOWv2.png 

Perhaps something like this? 

3 minutes ago, Might Gai said:

umm i would have loved to claim the ralts line, but i think someone else claimed it Jan

Oh, you're right. I don't even remember putting down that claim. Shrugs. 

• Developers
4 minutes ago, DemICE said:

@Jan i know im an outsider at this,  but why would u find a monochrome purple  better than a purple body with ...pearl-y... pearls?

Perhaps something to this effect?

tliLrr7.png

I was mostly displaying the coloring issues on the tentacle... thingies, but I think this works as well. 

1 hour ago, Jan said:

Perhaps something to this effect?

tliLrr7.png

I was mostly displaying the coloring issues on the tentacle... thingies, but I think this works as well. 

But i choosed that color so it matched 2 of its evolution :(

24 minutes ago, Bazaro said:

Some extremely minor fixes to Mega Banette, plus another blue-flame color. Which do y'all think is the best?

a64880b49638455fa7ab78fea305d025.png880246a62f684d629bda22dca7b0d7b3.pnga70ebc651b564e508550be62b698cf45.png

I don't know if you want my opinion, but personally I think the green flames look the spookiest. Although they're all really good! (I would give this post reputation, but I'm all out for the day.)

2 hours ago, Jan said:

Hm. I think the problem with Marshtomp is that there's two different whites huddled together like that. So basically what you said. Perhaps make the belly and the cheeks slightly darker? 

Marshtomp 1.pngMarshtomp.png

So, I made two different versions. I think I like the one on the right better.