So, What's Your Daily Requirement of Sleep?

Tartar

Just how overrated is sleep?   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Just how overrated is sleep?

Sleep. Some love it. Some hate it. 

But in the end, we definitely can't live without it. 

The question is thus, how much sleep do you actually need to function properly? And how much do you make up for through the intake of caffeine?

I suppose for me, it's a range. I function best with about ten hours of sleep, but most of the time, I'm willing to sacrifice that tiny bit of mental acuity for a bit more time. I can usually make up for my slightly lowered efficiency with the extra time. In different circumstances, different amounts of sleep are necessary, but to function decently, I need about 8-9 hours of sleep.

• Global Mods

My sleeping schedule is pretty erratic. Sometimes I go to bed around 10-11 PM and wake up around 7-8 AM, and sometimes I go to bed around 1-5 AM and wake up late in the afternoon. Sometimes I sleep for 5-6 hours during the night and take several 2-3 hour naps throughout the day, which is what it's been like for the past week or so.

I'm trying to get sleep atleast 8 hours goodie. I had that routine for a good while until some months ago and I had problems to sleep like 5-6 at max.

While I can be alright sleeping like that, it's not really good and healthy. I want a daily, healthy routine. So sleeping is a bit more problem for me atm.

@Noir @Njab That's actually pretty awesome. Personally I wish I could sleep less. But I pretty consistently need at least 6 hours of sleep, and it's pretty much impossible to stay awake for longer than 24 hours. So you could say I'm kind of jealous of your incredible skills to avoid sleep. 

I love sleeping. I could easily sleep over 8h everyday. However, if we're just talking minimum requirements, I can cope with 5-6h. I'll be zombified in the morning either way, but under 5h will leave me zombified for the whole day...

26 minutes ago, Tartar said:

@Noir @Njab That's actually pretty awesome. Personally I wish I could sleep less. But I pretty consistently need at least 6 hours of sleep, and it's pretty much impossible to stay awake for longer than 24 hours. So you could say I'm kind of jealous of your incredible skills to avoid sleep. 

Don't be; mine is a mild case of occasional insomnia if anything, and sometimes I sustain myself via coffee, which obviously isn't very healthy either. I try to sleep more whenever I can but busy schedules hold that back. Heck I used to have only sleep once every two days which is even worse. Appreciate your ability to sleep.

20 minutes ago, CrossImpact said:

I only want (and can) 4, buuut my biological self prefers around 7 hours. it's always arguing with me, but it would just waste too much of my lifetime with sleeping madface

I'm just the opposite. I want to burn as much of my time as possible asleep. Dreams are better for me than being awake.

4 hours ago, Eviora said:

I'm just the opposite. I want to burn as much of my time as possible asleep. Dreams are better for me than being awake.

So can I borrow this "dreaming awesome stuff" ? I often dream about things I wouldn't wanna dream about :D' (but that's not why I prefer to sleep less)
Idk there's a lot of awesome stuff out there wanting to be looked at! 

1 hour ago, CrossImpact said:

So can I borrow this "dreaming awesome stuff" ? I often dream about things I wouldn't wanna dream about :D' (but that's not why I prefer to sleep less)
Idk there's a lot of awesome stuff out there wanting to be looked at! 

No. It's mine and you can't have it.