[Spoilers] Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine Discussion

Sheep

- They probably want people to actually use Max Potions. Then again, there are Full Restores available when you find the Max Potions so w/e

- At the same time, it's a bit silly that some water heals more than medical treatment in a box.

- No fossil pokemon. That's adding to the Hawaii theme.

- I might seem stubborn on this, but UB even if 'alien' to the pokemon universe, should still be based on 'real' pokemon.

- The 5th video didn't really tell us something we didn't know.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in light of what we now know, what are you guys thinking with regards to your Alola teams? The first time through I generally like to try out my favourites from the new gen so I'm looking at:

Pikipek evo

Lycanroc (still not sure which, I want to see the stats/movepool)

Lurantis

Salandit evo

Wimpod evo/diving bell spider

Kommo-o

• Global Mods

Popplio final evo
Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Raichu
Tsunaree
Silvally
Undecided between Lycanroc midday (if I get Sun), Salandit evo, one of the (presumed) Psychic/Fairy or Ghost/Fairy island guardians, possibly an Ultra Beast, Oricorio, Mimikyu, Alolan Dugtrio, and maybe one or two others I'm forgetting

Well I guess this is the better topic for planned line-ups, even if I don't really want to spoil myself with all the datamined Pokés (saw them quickly but honestly I can't remember most of them).

I'll probably be having something like:

Rowlet

Bounsweet/Fomantis/Alolan Exeggcutor

Morelull

Pyukumuku

Salandit/Jangmo-o

Type: Null

Obviously I might swap some when I get to play the game itself and discover all the new ones. I'd also love to throw Alolan Ninetales/Alolan Muk somewhere in there... oh well. We'll see.

Robin Wood (Rowlet final evo)

Salandit/Salandit's evos

Oranguru

Kommo-o

The final two slots are up in the air, depending on the typings and the like of the remianing Pokemon. Kinda want a Fairy type on there, just for fun, so maybe Cutiefly's final evo (I sincerely doubt that Ribombee is the final evo).

I'll come up with clever nicknames later on for the other mons on my team.

My only gripe is... Where are the bad bitches? Gardevoir, Lopunny, Medicham, all of them are not there! We have SOME, but not all! If I WANTED to start out with Popplio, I was going to make a team based around the bad bitches like Entermaid/Sirene, Gardevoir, Tsareena, and more! But now, it seems like I'll just go back to deciding on Rowlet or Litten. Definitely leaning towards Litten though... I've always wanted to do a Mono-Dark run... But at the same time, the bird is the word, and I wanted to also make a team based on birds. If the toucan bird is Dark/Flying (Going by looks, honestly), then I'll definitely choose Litten (Even though I'll definitely use Honchkrow too), but I swear, if Beltigre turns out to be Fire/Fighting...

On second thought, I might end up choosing Litten anyway like I was in the first place because Fire/Dark is a cool type. If Beltigre is fast and powerful, sign me up. Throat Chop? Oh, that DEFINITELY sounds like a move Beltigre would know. But honestly, I'm also really enjoying all the Dark types Alola has to offer. Honchkrow, Alolan forms such as Muk, Raticate, and PERSIAN? I'm really liking Persian's for some reason. Look at it's chubbiness! We are gonna get LIT with Litten!

• Supporter

My Team thoughts:

Definite

• Popplio final evo - I'll go with it whatever the typing, but I'm hoping beyond hope for Water/Fairy
  • Lycanroc - I'm leaning towards Midday form, but I'm open to Midnight.
  • Mudsdale - not much to say really.
  • Tsareena and/or Lurantis - I am a weak soul, and they both own it so...
  • Alolan Ninetales - *heart eyes*

Toss up

• Ribombee - interesting typing and SO CUTE.
  • Salandit line - The final evo is making it grow on me.
  • Mimikyu - see Ribombee.
  • Palossand - I just.. don't even know why I like it, but I do?

Not sure yet

• Morelull line - wanna see a bit more about its strengths and moves and such.
  • The sea urchin/TCG boxset one - very cute!

In any case, Silvally seems interesting, but I'm hesitant to want to add it to the team. Doesn't seem too clear when/if we'll get Type: Null in the game, so not planning on having it. I generally don't like adding new 'mon too late in the playthrough.

Teams I could go with:

Beltigre

Honchkrow (Appropriately named Falcone)

Ash-Greninja

A-Raticate

A-Muk

A-Persian

Robinroot

Honchkrow (Falcone)

Toucan Bird

Oricorio (Fire or Ghost, hopefully shiny if Fire)

Archeops

Pelliper

Despite not being able to play it personally, my dream team would probably be consisted of:

Popplio evo

Salandit evo

Pikipek evo

Mimikyu

That spider-like thing

and Masquerain Wimpod evo.~ <3

Edited by Alchemia Chan

GcVKmHd.pngoYvBQF2.pngdr0ZXvJ.png

gBFWbWe.pngBuxwaXn.png

I don't know who will take the sixth slot. Was going to maybe use Tapu Koko but I'm sure that'll probably be post-game so eh. Might have to suck it up and double up on types again...

Wimpod's evo is tentative, I'll only use it if it's Water type. If not... maybe the anchor instead? If that's not Water type though I'm kind of screwed, I don't care for any of the other Waters enough to use...

Also since Sensu Oricorio is probably late, will likely use Pikipek's evo for a while instead.

...I think it really says a lot of how "eh" I am about this gen, if I'm having this much trouble teambuilding...

One other thing: I really hate Dig being replaced by Leech Life, even if the latter has had a serious buff. Even if it were on par with Dig's power (which, let's face it, it won't be), would still hate it. Dig was not the best move in the world but it was definitely better typing-wise. Sucks for everything that can't learn Bulldoze/Earthquake. Unless it's introduced as a tutor move or something, I guess.

Wait, we only got 3 bug pokemon in total, and one of them looks like it will be a Combee/Vespiquen clone which is not that great. The other two, Wimpod.2 and Vikavolt, appear strong enough. I would also like a Bug/Ground pokemon that's not Wormadam, but I'm content with the amount of new type combinations Gen7 has given so far.

It appears nobody so far (me included) is going to use the primates in their teams. I'd like to ask: Does Passimian's ability only work for ally pokemon, or can it copy the ability from a foe it just fainted? That could be a great variation of Trace.

Man - I really like TWO of the three starters. (sorry sirene you don't make the cut) - and I don't know if I want to go with Rowlet or Litten yet. I'm still leaning toward Litten. Especially if it's confirmed Dark type. [yes, you can tell me for sure in this thread I'm already here]

So

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTIIIIIIIGREEEE......*wrestling announcer voice*

Lycanroc (Midday)

Kommo-o

A-Ninetails

.... for sure. Gross, there's TWO pokemon Ame would approve of on my time. I've gone soft.

"in consideration"

Wishiwashi - a potentially really conditional pokemon. Schooling looks awesome, but can it take that initial hit to use it in a team? If it can, it's in.

Tsareena - Depends on if it flip on Robinhoot or not.

Mudsdale

Gumshoos

A-Raticate

I'll throw in Passimian, but it's probably unlikely if it's a bad Pokemon statwise.

Vikavolt's cool and might be more likely than I'm giving it credit for....although y'all bandwagoning this one hard. Damn Levitate.

the "OH HELLLLL NO" catagory:

Bruxish - especially if Tsareena gets Queenly Majesty in my run. This thing is not special anymore. Now it's just ugly.

Ash-Greninja - Battlebond isn't that cool to me - although I like that it happens after *SPOILER* - fainting a trainer's Pokemon.

Cutifly - ......sorry friend.

Bewear - #Pedobear #MemePokemonAreTerrible

SandcastleChainsawMassacre - lifes a beach

Wait, we only got 3 bug pokemon in total, and one of them looks like it will be a Combee/Vespiquen clone which is not that great. The other two, Wimpod.2 and Vikavolt, appear strong enough. I would also like a Bug/Ground pokemon that's not Wormadam, but I'm content with the amount of new type combinations Gen7 has given so far. .

There's still the water spider as well. If it's not a bug type then I'll be damned.