[Spoilers] Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine Discussion

Sheep

What's up with those speed tiers for the starters? Everything so far is either too slow or too frail. The Yeti does not even have bulk.

I am disappointed and I'm still on the 1st video.

It doesn't get any better. Outside of the ultra beasts only 6 new mons (not counting alola forms) have 100+ speed this gen.

Edited by Personthing

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up, although I'm unsure of whether or not it's been mentioned here or not, the moon.cia file is currently uploaded meaning anyone with the proper exploits can play it right now on their 3DS. I have the link but I'm not really sure what the policy about stuff like this is.

Our policy would be that you don't post something like that in a post on the forum. We can't do anything about distributing via PM (nor do we really care if you do that), but no-one is to link to the file download or give instructions on how to get there on the public forum.

Our policy would be that you don't post something like that in a post on the forum. We can't do anything about distributing via PM (nor do we really care if you do that), but no-one is to link to the file download or give instructions on how to get there on the public forum.

Thanks for the info!

Perhaps the most exciting implication that I'm taking from all the leaks is that there's an obvious effort to expand on mechanics that have, possibly until now, only been important for a niche few Pokemon, such as use of terrain moves and contact-related moves and abilities.

One must wonder what this is going to mean for Reborn, especially with the devs actually trying to do something with terrain moves now. I don't expect Ame to ignore all these new possibilities at all.

Gale Wings was not that bad. People made a fuss at first, but everyone adapted, quite easily and effectively. Rock and Electric pokemon became more common, which is healthy for the game, and one pokemon 50% weak to SR does not change anything. Sad if the change is true.

Can we talk about how Awesome Marshadow is? Seriously, the design is great (they took everything that made Espurr cool and made it even better), the typing is great (perfect STAB coverage!), the ability is great (STAB Technician Shadow Sneak and Shadow Sneak are awesome), and the movepool is great (can't remember everything, but I saw drain punch, so it has everything it needs). Seriously, I'm willing to forgive everything this generation being so slow because of this!

Gale Wings was not that bad. People made a fuss at first, but everyone adapted, quite easily and effectively. Rock and Electric pokemon became more common, which is healthy for the game, and one pokemon 50% weak to SR does not change anything. Sad if the change is true.

You can't really argue that 180 power priority is good game design, really, even if you can adapt to it easily.

Alrighty, well, time to make a trick room team.

Speaking of trick room threats, I know this Pokemon hasn't been the spotlight for a variety of reasons, but are we seriously not going to talk about just how freaking threatening Whisiwashi school form is under trick room?

Look of these stats:

http://prnt.sc/d4tlya

The speed and the HP are the two biggest flaws, but the speed turns into a major asset under TR. Just kill anything with priority, make sure you take care of hazards, don't switch it in on an attack and suddenly you can blow a Pokemon or three away.

Talonflame's frail case it's not a big deal and mainly Gale Wings was the niche reason to use the pokemon. Most OU teams do not include it, yet always have an answer to it. I was sour about it at first, but it helped me build better teams along the way, and now I rarely even feel threatened by it. At least not more than things like Latios, Tornadus-I, M-Hera, M-Zard-X, Azumarill etc

Smogon bird has 81 base Atk which is subpar, Brave Bird has 120 BP with 1/3 recoil, while Acrobatics is harder to pull off as it requires build-up, hazard control and proper check removal beforehand.

The purely offensive sets won't change, since they already invest in speed and are faster than most non-megas, posing a priority threat to M-Lopunny, M-Sceptile and M-Beedrill. I believe those are the only megas that can now destroy them instead of getting wrecked.

The defensive sets suffer more as they usually only cover Acrobatics with support moves. No priority in Roost might prove troublesome too.

Either case I don't see much it can do to destroy teams, except for the role of stallbreaker. Then again, other mons have similar functions.

Moves -> https://paste.ee/r/mvJ70
Pokemon learnset -> https://paste.ee/r/zYMUr
Items -> https://paste.ee/r/zFXRA
New Pokemon, buffs/nerfs, new abilities -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yx61tXCHTp9PqvluxdN1Xi2zcUxATI1f3uS7UHtpeQ0/htmlview?sle=true#

Minior is probably my most favorite pokemon that I'm definately going to use competitively! My boy Torkoal is finally going to have its uses and A-Golem seems to be the new Magnezone in OU. I don't care for everything else cause it's either garbage/gimmick or straight up broken!

Things I wasnted to see but didn't happen: Will-O-Wisp A-Ninetales, Sticky Web Araquanid, Spikes Togedemaru and a bit more pokemon above 100 speed...

Bibarel gets Swords Dance and Aqua Jet. Stack that with Simple and Bibarel is actually viable. I am extremely hyped for this reason alone.

Also, it should be noting that Merciless will probably be extremely dangerous. Stack that thing with Toxic Spikes and Venoshock and you can decimate whole teams with ease. Rapid Spin is going to become a must. It helps that the Pokemon that it belongs to has absurd defenses.

Competitive scene and mon leaks are cool and all, but I love the Lusamine part of the story walkthrough best of all. Best villain, first female villain + hottest Pokegirl ever, and she's basically a combination of all the previous villainous team leaders. I know this as I've watched the full arc and I must say I really like it, my god. Her team is sorta underwhelming though. That and Lillie is also strong kawaii imoutou/waifu material, really love her interactions.

• Veterans

Competitive scene and mon leaks are cool and all, but I love the Lusamine part of the story walkthrough best of all. Best villain, first female villain + hottest Pokegirl ever, and she's basically a combination of all the previous villainous team leaders. I know this as I've watched the full arc and I must say I really like it, my god. Her team is sorta underwhelming though. That and Lillie is also strong kawaii imoutou/waifu material, really love her interactions.

To be fair all of her mons get a totem-pokemon boost and they're fitting enough. Still, pretty cool. Also Guzma is the best character in the game, no questions asked.Ya boi's clean LMAO.

SeEExWA.jpg

S/M's OST is on POINT tbh. The battle themes...good lord...

• Global Mods

Can you guys make a note of what you're spoiling when you post? I'm fine with stat and moveset leaks (that's what I came to this thread for), but I don't want story spoilers. (Un)Luckily I'd already been spoiled about some of that, but if you're going to spoil story please put "Story Spoilers" before the spoiler box.

Okay I would prefer to not be spoiled on anything more than I have to, but is the game actually... good this time? Is it as excruciatingly easy as the last couple games? Is the level design boring and linear like in XY (ORAS doesn't count because it's a remake of an already better game)? Is the story actually anything significant this time or was "it all comes together" really just empty, meaningless PR drivel? Is the postgame just relegated to a Battle Maison clone again (it looks that way from the trailers, regardless if some of the opponents are familiar faces)?

If it's actually an improvement (well, enough of an improvement), I want to support it, but it'll be hard to know that without spoiling it/playing it myself, and I know that shortly after release people's opinions seem to be skewed (people thought XY was great after it first dropped), so I'm in a difficult situation here. Also I don't think I need to ask at this point whether or not there's new megas; that's already a major strike against the games.

And a quick question about Primarina's hidden ability

I already heard about it, it's like Pixilate but with sound moves rather than normal type moves, and makes things water instead of fairy. But does it give the 1.3x plus STAB like Pixilate does? That makes the difference between awesome and completely useless.