[Spoilers] Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine Discussion

Sheep

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/791301876486696960

All battle intros have been found...and along with it came one for the Aether Foundation.

Not confirmed but it's looking all the more likely that Aether are the true villains.......

Hmmm it's getting more possible but we'll see but EVEN MORE EXCITING is Kahuna typings revealed through that video because the hala then olivia background appeared then 2 exact same looking ones but different colours and one was dark black and one was orangeish so I'm thinking it's confirmed through this video that the last 2 kahunas are dark and I'm guessing fire for the last background design. :)

OOH I can't wait to play this game so much. :D

Edited by pbood2

Bug/Psychic huh? Well, I looked at it and thought it's either Bug/Water (probably), Bug/Ice (possibly), or Bug/Psychic (unlikely). I can't say I'm not disappointed that I don't get a specially offensive Bug/Water, but new type combinations are cool I guess. I think Bug/Psychic does more for Psychic than for Bug though, as it helps them get past Dark. I guess from a Bug player's perspective it's good for Poison? It's also a Bug type that has a strong advantage against Fighting, rather than the usual mutual resistance, though with plentiful Bug/Flying types I don't think I needed that.

Deleted my last post because today's trailer proves some of it wrong. I guess the source of the person I got it from was untrustworthy. Sorry x . x

I'm confused. What was wrong exactly? Your last post had the video with the intros right? Those aren't wrong and therefore my theorizing isn't necessarily wrong?

• Global Mods

I'm confused. What was wrong exactly? Your last post had the video with the intros right? Those aren't wrong and therefore my theorizing isn't necessarily wrong?

It was Azery who posted the battle intros in the official SM thread. My last post had typings of some of the datamine Pokemon (including Ultra Beasts) and typings of the trial captains and kahunas. My information had the three island guardians not officially revealed until this morning as Psychic/Fairy, Ghost/Fairy, and Fire/Fairy. But in the trailer they were shown to be Psychic/Fairy, Water/Fairy, and Grass/Fairy.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the starters are pretty meh this generation to be honest. None of them is faster than 70 base speed. Primarina has the best Hidden Ability, all sound based moves become water type. Decidueye gets an ability so that it's moves don't make contact. Incineroar gets... Intimidate, welp it's better than blaze and makes it bulkier so that it's disappointing 60 base speed doesn't suck. Slap a Choice scarf on that thing and work it like a better Emboar pretty much.

I'm surprised at how low Lurantis' base speed looks, but on the other hand I'm pleased about how high Toucanon's attack is for an early bird. Like a slower, hopefully bulkier Staraptor.

Edit: What the hell leech life is 80 base power! Happy days!

I've seen some people on twitter posting things.

This is one of them: https://twitter.com/SciresM

Personally, I only want to see stat changes and move changes to previous pokemon, and I don't mind seeing hidden abilities of new pokemon. I just don't want the story spoiled.

This is a chart of all changes made to previous generation pokemon:

Edited by Lucky1998

The guy who started everything leak related goes by the username Lurantis on /vp/.

His threads have all been deleted but you can find all of the stuff he leaked (including story details) by searching up the username on one of the 4chan archives like nyafuu with the tripcode '!fFO0IgPFrv8'.

Intimidate for Incineroar makes total sense...but dang, nothing "new" for it alone. It should be able to use intimidate effectively somehow competitively though.

Decidueye and Primarina have pretty neat HAs.

Also. GET DESTROYED DARK VOID!

Wow, all the starters are slow as hell, and jesus, Incineroar is basically just a worse Swampert but with intimidate:

Incineroar: 95 HP/115 Attack/90 Defence/80 Special Attack/90 Special Defence/60 speed

Swampert: 100 HP/110 Attack/90 Defence/85 Special Attack/90 Special Defence/60 speed

Also rip Alolan Ninetales with its dumpster fire stats of: 73/67/75/81/100/109.

Edited by Personthing

What's up with those speed tiers? Everything so far is either too slow or too frail. The Yeti does not even have bulk. The Archer does not even have adequate speed. The only thing with speed is the Cutiefly family and it can't threaten anything.

I am disappointed and I'm still on the 1st video.

Alright, some of them are not that bad, yet most are limited in what they can do effectively.

List of pokemon I will give a shot on showdown's various tiers. Stars measure how much I enjoy them.

Edit: I realized my standards have fallen so some choices may be based mostly on their design.

Incineroar (Intimidate) **

Lycanrock (Sand Rush / No Guard) ***

Toxapex (Regenerator) **

Mudsdale (Stamina) ***

Bewear (Fluff) *

Tsareena (Queen Majesty) **

Comfey (Triage) ***

Oranguru (Inner Focus) ***

Passimian (Defiant) **

Silvally (RKS System) *

Turtonator (Shell Armor) *

Mimikyu (Disguise) **

Dhelmise (Steelworker) ****

Kommo-o (Soundproof / Bulletproof) ****

Magearna (Technitian) ****

It was redundant to create a 4th Grass/Ghost pokemon, even if it's a good one.

Thoughts on Legendaries and Ultra Beasts

Tapu Koko -- It is quite strong, and seems like it will stay in OU for a while. Can work mixed or choiced, since it does not have enough moves to work as purely physical. I like it, even though the name and design are terribad.

Tapu Lele -- More defensive as a general build. Reminds me of Latias, although with a much better covered typing. Can definitely work offensively thanks to the psychic ability. Could be in OU, but could also prove game-breaking. Placing it in the limbo of Ubers.

Tapu Bulu -- Bad typing but it makes up with its awesome stats and movepool. Definitely a new threat on the field that can go either offensive or defensive. Worth trying in OU.

Tapu Fini -- More defensive like Lele, although it lacks in the moves department. It cannot turn offensive, but it protects from status as much as it can. More of a support pokemon. Not sure how many teams will include it in their ranks. It can be helpful but won't be popular. Probably won't make it in OU and stay in BL.

Solgaleo -- Ubers shit right there

Lunaala -- More Ubers shit slightly to the left

UB

Necrozma is the only one I could accept as a normal legendary. It has a different ability than the others, but it's still too strong.

Also... Guzma / Necrozma ... hmm

Nope there is no resemblance to see here.

Keep scrolling down.