Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DOOMAGEDON117 said:

why? when we get the actually good starters, like torchic, and froakie ._. 

well the question was: what pokemon would you like from 7th gen, well, i never played 7th gen,

and because i used every starter in some way, except 7th gen starters i would like to choose a starter pokemon....

Well, about the hardest batte, i struggled with Venam but after that i haven't got much problems. (I beated Amber first try, idk why do people find her hard to beat lol)

What's the gym battle you peeps struggled on the most?

Narcissa and Angie. Facing Angie without a Fighting-type is hell. As for Narcissa, well, I think I was playing version 4 or 5 when I was playing through Rejuvenation the first time. Back then I tried to beat her several times but failed miserably, so I decided to just proceed further and skip the Goldenleaf gym for the time being. To my surprise, it was actually possible to do that, so I cleared the Blacksteeple Prison (it was Prison back then) and defeated Valarie. The battle with Melia was infuriating because of how underleveled my team was, and the couple of my Pokemon that actually stood a chance exceeded the level cap and thus rarely obeyed me. After I had defeated Valarie I went back to Goldenleaf and challenged Narcissa again and finally got her badge. I probably remember this struggle for the rest of my life.

Edited by Zargerth

During my Ground mono (also my first contact with Rejuvenation) I struggled with every single Gym Leader after Keta, I mean, even with Eric! Props to Jan for making me struggle using a team full of Ground types against an electric gym.

14 minutes ago, Atticus said:

During my Ground mono (also my first contact with Rejuvenation) I struggled with every single Gym Leader after Keta, I mean, even with Eric! Props to Jan for making me struggle using a team full of Ground types against an electric gym.

Yup the fact that he has 2 levitate mons one of them is a water type makes him hard to deal with

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

I hate SAO. Why must you refer to it? It brings back traumatic memories.

Ouch man. Sorry. It just came to me when I saw beta testers on Jan's post. Didn't mean to bring back traumatic memories. :c

Edited by SukaiChris

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

I hate SAO. Why must you refer to it? It brings back traumatic memories.

If you hate SAO for it's flaws then SAO abridged is for you

22 minutes ago, Might Gai said:

If you hate SAO for it's flaws then SAO abridged is for you

I don't exactly hate it. It was generic, just that. The fact creator knew nothing of online games didn't help.

Now, the abridged, THAT was awesome.

• Developers
6 minutes ago, TheWaddleDee said:

Will there be any more shadow pokemon in this release?

Probably won't see any new ones this version, but they're not gone and will definitely return. 

1 minute ago, DOOMAGEDON117 said:

oh,also, given how we are only halfway through the gyms in this game, or rather a little over halfway, do you ever think about postgame stuff? or is it just gonna be a chocka-block full main-game? :3

Oh, I've been thinking of post game stuff since V6. Don't know how big the post game will be, though. Probably as long as 2 versions put together. 

8 minutes ago, TheWaddleDee said:

Will there be any more shadow pokemon in this release?

Now that you mention it

when was the last time we could catch shadow pokemon ?

I believe it was carotos mountain ?

1 minute ago, DOOMAGEDON117 said:

ooh, yay was just a curiosity given how big the game is already, also, should i start a new save between versions? or should i use the same one for all versions past here? more of a general question that one, dunno how peeps been doing it ^^"

If you want to start a new save file or not depends entirely on you. I usually start over if a lot of things have changed or if I haven't played in a long while and want a recap. And since A LOT of things have been redesigned in V9, I would definitely make a new save.

Though I'm pretty much forced to start over anyway because I got a new computer with 0 progress in any games

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Now that you mention it

when was the last time we could catch shadow pokemon ?

I believe it was carotos mountain ?

Caratos Mountain is where Madelis hacked our snag machine, but Melia repaired it after Blacksteeple. Well not really repaired it, since according to her Blacksteeple's signal cancelled out Madelis's, but that's when we regained use of it. 

The last shadow Pokemon we were able to snag during the main story was/were at the Xen Backup Lab in the Sheridan Wetlands. When you choose the paths, a grunt on one path has a shadow Baltoy and a grunt in the other path has a shadow Masquerain. 

If you choose the right path, you can only catch that shadow Pokemon, as you can't go to the left path after choosing the right one. 

But if you choose the left path, you can go back to the right path once you've activated the switches in the left path. 

Outside the main story, there's the shadow Beldum, which you currently need to complete V8 in order to obtain, since one of the card key shards was moved to the Bladestar hideout. 

In V6 and V7, the earliest point you could catch it was after the Team Xen events at Valor Mountain. 

4 hours ago, Jan said:

Probably won't see any new ones this version, but they're not gone and will definitely return. 

Oh, I've been thinking of post game stuff since V6. Don't know how big the post game will be, though. Probably as long as 2 versions put together. 

nice

quick question how am I to evo my febas (can do it via beauty as no pokeblocks)

Edited by lokighost

Oh quick question. Will there be a point in the game where Tesla (spelling means logic so forget spelling :P) adopts us after she offered us to live with her and Amber? Like will that be an option? If we do have that option that'd be cool whether we could or not but if it's not an option, that's cool too since I kinda like Tesla since she helped us out a bit.

26 minutes ago, lokighost said:

nice

quick question how am I to evo my febas (can do it via beauty as no pokeblocks)

As of Black and White, you can trade it (or use a link stone/heart) while it is holding a Prism Scale to evolve it.

hmm will have to see if I have that

1 hour ago, Alex said:

As of Black and White, you can trade it (or use a link stone/heart) while it is holding a Prism Scale to evolve it.