Fire Emblem On The Forums: Ashes (OOC/Recruitment)

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well post on my part coming up soon but I wanted to ask something of the peoples. Is anyone here familiar with Roll20? Roll20 is a site used for stuff like DND and other table top games so it has grid based maps that can be updated and controlled with tokens. It also has a roll system. I think it might make it a tiny bit easier on everyone is we use Roll20 since we'll be able to easily update the map in between character moves and not just on the big enemy phase update.

Pros of Roll20:

-More frequent updates

-I can start rolling using the roll20 roller, which means you can see the rolls if you ever thought I was fumbling rolls

Cons of Roll20:

-Everyone has to get a Roll20 account, and access another website to take their turn

-The maps will feel a lot less "Fire Emblem-ish". I'm not sure how I will do it, but I'll try to keep the same sprites but because of the size of the maps themselves on roll20 it will look different from both what I've done so far and the original games.

Here's a strawpoll to keep the votes organized

http://strawpoll.de/fza3ed4

I'm a bit split, but for now I'd say keep stuff the way it is. Yeah, roll20 has all that stuff, but if we all moved over there for the basic gameplay... it would kinda defeat the point of having a Fire Emblem RP on the Reborn forums to begin with.

That and I don't really think there's an issue of integrity here, from what I've seen so far... so being able to see the roll you made while determining combat and other things doesn't matter to me (which is honestly kinda a good thing...)...as for maps, I just take lightshot screencap of it and use the mark up tool to make mental notes before I decide what to do, so... not really too dazzled by the ability to update maps either... that and, if you take away the aesthetic theme of an FE map, it really does hurt the spirit of things imo.

More frequent updates though... sounds enticing, but after so long in this place, you get used to the average pace of things, it builds up tolerance and patience, and both of those build character. I'm a patient man, personally, I know how to wait.

just my two cents and reasoning. I mean, if the rest of ya want to do it, I guess i'd ultimately be fine with it either way in the end... it's just that, personally, I'd prefer to just keep trucking on the way we've been (Totally not a weak ass excuse to avoid venturing into the unknown...)

Mmmmmm..........I moved to Y5, not Y3 :I

... Right sorry for the mess up. I'll take care of it real quick, in that case the soldier should also target you not Meredith. I'll have that all edited soon.

I'm sorry for the mess up

EDIT: Okay I've got an edit in. Stratos since you didn't see my edit, go ahead and edit your post as well. The soldiers targeted Klaren as per provoke. I misread and thought Klaren was further up out of the soldier's reach. I am really really really really sorry. That post took me a while to make so I had to mess something up :P

Not really much Rosa can do for Ecquis, so she'll leave it to Luka and Mayanna and advance forward (byeeeeeeeeee)

I know I'm not currently in this rp but there are multiple ways to save him:

1. Use the rescue command to pull him out.

2. Luka dances for him and he GTFO's and uses a vulenenary (Actually, Strat realized this option first so props to him)

3. One person goes on V3, W4, and X5 to prevent the Bow Knight from getting into position to take the shot.

He's literally the only mounted unit in the whole group. Unless he dismounts first, no one's rescuing him. The other methods though should work fine, so... yeah, ya'll get on that, I already did what I could XD (which was nothing, sadly)

on a related note though: Pyon, ya messed up Soldier1's health after his brush with Meredith- still has it listed as 11/22 when the bloke should barely be hanging on at a measly 1 (Since he and his buddy #2 took those nice lightning bolts to the face after almost killing Klaren)

^ beat me to the punch (no one has enough AID to rescue Ecquis). Considered bodyblocking, but it'd be extremely easy for Rosa to get 3v1'd instead (and with not even the forest as cover, not really confident in blocking lances, swords, and bows).

So having Luka dance is probably the best right now.

Luka pretty much can handle it so that Ecquis can get out and heal himself.

((Honestly, we need to keep my health up as well. I get +2 DMG and +2 Def against mounted Units, so Meredith can really put a number on a lot of the foes in this map if y'all keep her up.))

Whoa there, actually, let's all just calm down... here:

Wyvern.png

He can get himself out of this (well, at least out of range, getting hp up can be worried about later) he didn't move a single space this phase, just attacked... and I see nothing changed in the rules about this being removed, so...

Whoa there, actually, let's all just calm down... here:

Wyvern.png

He can get himself out of this (well, at least out of range, getting hp up can be worried about later) he didn't move a single space this phase, just attacked... and I see nothing changed in the rules about this being removed, so...

Yeah the canto is an important part of mounted units. It's what makes them outright broken as they are :P

Thanks to idle chat during battles, Meredith and Luka have formed a C support. Luka is quite the ladies man having two lady supports already. Post up soon tm

EDIT: Post up with two new crits!

79xiKXu.png

Oj9z4lj.png

No these are not the same picture, both Feri and Rosalyva rolled a 1. It was insane.

Also a super duper special thank you to Inno for helping my art-less arse and making some mugs for important characters. This GIF goes out to Inno

tumblr_o6bee7RyVL1t0mexao2_500.gif

So after looking through affinities, I realized that my best supports in terms of boosts are actually Rosa and Klaren because dodge is a useless stat for me.

I also found out that at higher support ranks with Rosa, our base crit gets a little silly.