[Mod] I created a program that can probably make this game HD, Are you interested?

KingCoin

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there like a tutuorial or a video to show how to do the program like from Open command prompt and such?

Unfortunately there isn't but I'll try to make the instructions I gave in my initial post more clear. You should be able to look up any of the steps on google. Once you get it running the program will tell you what to do.

Edited by KingCoin

I reported that one back on page 2, but It might've got forgotten, and having a screenshot is probably helpful =D

The screenshot is helpful however I've spent a considerable amount of time trying to find a solution to it and wasn't able to find any issues with my code. From what I can tell it's a problem with the original unconverted files themselves that makes my program unable to detect their transparency. The program ends up not adding transparency to the converted images and the result is what you see with their being no transparency where their should be. The solution is to either manually add transparency to the files with this issue yourself in an image manipulating program like Photoshop or run the original textures through one of the PNG compression websites I linked at the bottom of my original post before running my program on them.

Edited by KingCoin

Is there like a tutuorial or a video to show how to do the program like from Open command prompt and such?

I'm glad you figured it out. I made a video accompaniment for this awesome program's usage here if you or anyone else are struggling to figure out how to use it.

Click here!

Edited by MetrololAce

I'm glad you figured it out. I made a video accompaniment for this awesome program's usage here if you or anyone else are struggling to figure out how to use it.

Click here!

Thanks for taking to time to make this video. It looks pretty good. I'll add a link to it on the original post so people can find it. I'm also going to look into the crash you showed in the video when I get time and try to get it fixed.

• 3 months later...
  • Developers

I'm not sure what the rules are on this forum regarding bumping threads but here's a reminder that this program exists.

Not sure either. Considering the answers above I think this topic should be sticky.

17 hours ago, DemICE said:

TJ1wMV8.png

umm is this outcome normal?

Yeah it's normal. I realize it isn't worded completely intuitively but basically what its saying is that it made all of the modifications it could do using the settings you specified but there were 2931 files in the directory you specified which either were not actual PNG files or were already as smooth as you wanted to change them to. The counter shows how many files were modified instead of what you would expect it to show (how many files the program has attempted to modify). Sorry for the confusion.

I still haven't figured out what causes that particular problem. It only occurs very rarely and I've quadruple checked my code and not found anything wrong with it. I believe it's something wrong with the original unmodified PNG file. I believe I posted a work around for it that seemed to work for other people on my first post in this thread. Let me know if that works for you.

Edited by KingCoin
Fixed spelling mistake

So, Something went wrong, I don't know what went wrong, but something certainly went really, really wrong.

I used the tool and followed the instructions, but basically... everything has been doubled. I added screenshots below. Even the music is playing twice simultaniously. As you can see I have a copy of a smoothed texture and one without running twice over.

I think I discovered why, while poking through, I noticed it added the smoothed files beside the unsmoothed:

So I know the 'why' but not the 'how' nor how I can... fix this?

This is strangely hilarious, though.

EDIT: So I figured it out, I said 'yes' to seeing the before and after of the smoothing program and it seems to have been the cause of this issue. Still keeping this and the screenshots for further possible investigations.

RIP.png

RIP2.png

RIP3.png

RIP4.png

Edited by Kalnuza
Added info