Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

hey what does everyone think of the aether foundation?

they look good, and I guess they could be nice as a "big good", but they're also seem a little generic...

in addition, I like the version differences as far as bosses go.

I hope they are as they appear to be a good counterpoint to the evil teams, I have no problem with being "generic" as the light is good trope is one of my favorite tropes.

On Oak's cousin I don't get why they made him when they could of just of used the good old Prof. Oak instead, its not like he hasn't cameoed in other games before.

As for my thoughts on the Alohan variants while I do like the new Raichu, Sandslash, and Ninetails their in universe reason for their inclusion doesn't make sense. Why haven't other species adapted in other regions? How the hell does a Sandshrew adapt to a climate that would kill it? The Dark type isn't really about actual darkness so how does it fit in with Raticate becoming nocturnal? I probably overthinking it.

At this point the entire dorky bunch of Skull members looks more trustworthy to me than Aether, and Pokémon games aren't exactly ones that are known for mind-boggling plot twists. Seems like the game is probably gonna make us go after Skull first, and then reveal Aether to be the bigger bad. And a bunch of revelations about our totally-not-suspiciously-alike trio of green-eyed blondes.

I'm more hype for these games than I've been for any generation so far, which I guess is saying something, considering Blue was my first and I was decently excited for the Johto remakes.

I love almost all of the new Pokémon (with one exception. Sorry, Bewear.), all of the characters we've seen so far, and am excited for the island challenge. And the plot. Oh boy I'm excited for the plot. I'm dying to find out more about the ultra beasts.

Type: Null is precious. I want it. But I'm kind of hoping there's more than one of them because taking it away from the edgy kid seems cruel. Speaking of which, can't wait to find out what's wrong with him and his shaky arm. And if he's gonna, like, smile at some point. Please?

• Veterans

The Ultra Beasts are called Ultra Chimeras in French.

Chimeras are fusions of multiple animals.

Type: Null is a Chimera.

Is Type: Null a 'prototype' Ultra Beast?

Either way they totally fit in with the whole Alchemy theme S/M has going for it.

They probably won't, seeing as they did show regular Dragonite in the new Sn--Finder tool. Anyways, I said I'd come back with theories, and so I shall. Do keep in mind a lot of them have been discussed already, but there's more evidence in that.

So there's been talk about Colress making a return in Sun and Moon. This may be feasible, because Sun and Moon take place years after X and Y. This is further the case since we have Dexio and Sina, who mention that when they were YOUNGER, they met a group of five kids. X and Y took place after Black 2 and White 2 because of that one backpacker meeting Colress in Route 10. Where would Colress go after meeting the backpacker? To the Alola region, to study more on his research about the true potential of Pokemon. To meet this end, he would then join a new group, Aether Foundation, or as I like to call it, Team Aether.

Colress would join Team Aether to further his own ends, likewise what he did with Neo Team Plasma in Black 2 and White 2. However, rather than just doing that, he would actually have his own family with him (Hell, we don't know Team Aether would actually be Aether's true nature, as they would be like Cipher, pulling all of the strings in Alola. Their research is studying the Ultra Beasts, right? And why does Gladion have Type:Null? Simple, Gladion finds out that his parents (Fuck it, I'm going with my theory that Colress is Lillie's father again!) are splicing up Pokemon to make them stronger, and he runs away and takes their prototype: Type: Null, which is pretty much a failed clone of Arceus. He then joins up with Team Skull and becomes their Enforcer, becoming the Alain/Shadow The Edgehog-clone he is today. (Hell, he even has similar goals to Colress, finding strength, etc. Differences, yes, but still!)

Here's how I'm piecing the family tree: Faba is the grandfather and father of Lusamine, who marries Colress, and has two children, Lillie being the older sister, and Gladion the younger brother. In a way, it's kinda like Rick and Morty in a way.... With Guzma being the Rick-like character for Gladion, or Glady, as I will now call him. BUT WAIT! What if Guzma is still related to them? What if Faba was actually Colress's father, and Guzma was Lusamine's father? Then it would DEFINITELY be like Rick and Morty! I can actually see that now, to be honest. Guzma DID take Gladion in, after all, and Gladion does LEND his strength. Either Faba or Guzma would be a nice Rick-comparison, and I can actually see both scenarios happening.

But back to Team Aether, or Aether Syndicate, whatever. It's hard to deny that they are becoming more and more of the true evil team. You encounter the employees everywhere, and hell, two of them even have a Hypno and an Alolan Meowth wandering around with them at night! THAT'S SHADY AS FUCK! Seriously, if that doesn't scream danger warnings, it'll be too late by the time you realize they're not goodie two-shoes.

They probably won't, seeing as they did show regular Dragonite in the new Sn--Finder tool. Anyways, I said I'd come back with theories, and so I shall. Do keep in mind a lot of them have been discussed already, but there's more evidence in that.

So there's been talk about Colress making a return in Sun and Moon. This may be feasible, because Sun and Moon take place years after X and Y. This is further the case since we have Dexio and Sina, who mention that when they were YOUNGER, they met a group of five kids. X and Y took place after Black 2 and White 2 because of that one backpacker meeting Colress in Route 10. Where would Colress go after meeting the backpacker? To the Alola region, to study more on his research about the true potential of Pokemon. To meet this end, he would then join a new group, Aether Foundation, or as I like to call it, Team Aether.

Colress would join Team Aether to further his own ends, likewise what he did with Neo Team Plasma in Black 2 and White 2. However, rather than just doing that, he would actually have his own family with him (Hell, we don't know Team Aether would actually be Aether's true nature, as they would be like Cipher, pulling all of the strings in Alola. Their research is studying the Ultra Beasts, right? And why does Gladion have Type:Null? Simple, Gladion finds out that his parents (Fuck it, I'm going with my theory that Colress is Lillie's father again!) are splicing up Pokemon to make them stronger, and he runs away and takes their prototype: Type: Null, which is pretty much a failed clone of Arceus. He then joins up with Team Skull and becomes their Enforcer, becoming the Alain/Shadow The Edgehog-clone he is today. (Hell, he even has similar goals to Colress, finding strength, etc. Differences, yes, but still!)

Here's how I'm piecing the family tree: Faba is the grandfather and father of Lusamine, who marries Colress, and has two children, Lillie being the older sister, and Gladion the younger brother. In a way, it's kinda like Rick and Morty in a way.... With Guzma being the Rick-like character for Gladion, or Glady, as I will now call him. BUT WAIT! What if Guzma is still related to them? What if Faba was actually Colress's father, and Guzma was Lusamine's father? Then it would DEFINITELY be like Rick and Morty! I can actually see that now, to be honest. Guzma DID take Gladion in, after all, and Gladion does LEND his strength. Either Faba or Guzma would be a nice Rick-comparison, and I can actually see both scenarios happening.

But back to Team Aether, or Aether Syndicate, whatever. It's hard to deny that they are becoming more and more of the true evil team. You encounter the employees everywhere, and hell, two of them even have a Hypno and an Alolan Meowth wandering around with them at night! THAT'S SHADY AS FUCK! Seriously, if that doesn't scream danger warnings, it'll be too late by the time you realize they're not goodie two-shoes.

Its not hard to deny at all as all we got for real information is a few seconds in the trailers all of this is just speculation. Also Hypno and dark type pokemon have been used by regular people, gym leaders (Hypno was once used by Sabrina in one of the games) and even the Elite 4. (the only league presence the dark type get since they don't appear in gyms) I would like Colress' return though. As counter theory what if the foundation was found by N? Taking care of abused Pokemon is something right up his alley.

But then that would be two separate groups N has lead. At least Ghetsis remained in Plasma and formed his own faction of it. One of the main patterns is that villain groups use dark types. Especially the leaders. Then again, we're getting even more info soon.

But then that would be two separate groups N has lead. At least Ghetsis remained in Plasma and formed his own faction of it. One of the main patterns is that villain groups use dark types. Especially the leaders. Then again, we're getting even more info soon.

My main man Giovanni says hi.

Aside from him though, every leader does use dark types, although they may not use them as their ace. Hopefully we can get yet another trend changer via sun and moon.

That is very true, however, Giovanni was only in one group, Team Rocket. Neo Rocket was lead by Archer, who desperately wanted to bring Giovanni back.

Speaking of bringing Giovanni back, if you count the HG/SS Celebi event, Giovanni actually does have a Dark type, which is his Honchkrow, as half of the bosses seem to have. Giovanni, Cyrus, and Lysandre all have Honchkrow in their teams. A fitting Pokemon for a crime boss, if I might add.

Unless its still one team. Old Team Plasma might have dropped the Plasma name for its negative connotations but still kept their dark pokemon as they still cared for them. Another possible point of evidence for this theory is Lillie who shares a similar opinion as N and is speculated to be connected to the Ather Foundation in some way.

It looks like no one has realized this but we have seen the normal totem pokemon being alola raticate and gumshoos but we have not seen the normal trial captain which has to exist. I find that interesting that we know about the grass one with lurantis, the water one with wishiwashi, the electric totem not known but not the normal trial captain who is first or second in the line.

I wonder what they will be like then.

Apparently the chinese riddler leaker is still revealing things if you google SM leaks, you can see them. :)

SO EXCITED FOR SUN AND MOON THOUGH! AHHH 2 MONTHS AND A WEEK LEFT!

• Global Mods

A normal type totem Pokemon doesn't necessarily mean there's a normal type trial captain, as the trial captain isn't using those totem Pokemon in battle. The totem trials are related to the island challenges/obstacles, not to battling a trial captain or island kahuna. I think there's one trial captain for each island, since there are four islands and we've been shown four trial captains.

I don't know how or maybe I can't remember but evidence or logic has said that there's at least 8 and maybe even 18 apparently over the 4 islands and I do believe with the size and all the different locations on each island, there's not just one trial captain on each island but who knows until we get confirmation by GF showing more trial captains in time or not.

Why I was saying there was a normal one is because you have sophocles who is obviously not on the first island, same with lana and mallow (they are on the second island) and since kiawe has an alolan marowak, he's definitely not the first one due to the level of the totem gumshoos (around 15 maybe but don't remember what it was in the videos) and is in the volcano maybe on the first or second island you see so there's still one on melemele island even if we assume there is one per island because the normal totems are there on the melemele island according to serebii.

• Global Mods

Maybe you're thinking of island kahunas? There's the trial captains and then there's the island kahunas.

Was it said that Lana and Mallow or both on the second island, or that the totem Gumshoos is part of Kiawe's trial? And 15 sounds like an expected level for the first island, although I don't think the first island has the volcano, so.

Maybe you're thinking of island kahunas? There's the trial captains and then there's the island kahunas.

Was it said that Lana and Mallow or both on the second island, or that the totem Gumshoos is part of Kiawe's trial? And 15 sounds like an expected level for the first island, although I don't think the first island has the volcano, so.

Gamexplain did analysis videos and Lana is on the island with the water basins (same island as Lush Jungle where Mallow is). If Kiawe isn't on the first island then 3 are on the same island apparently if he's also on the second island. Question then becomes what trial is gumshoos part of if not kiawe's or lana's or Mallow's? I highly doubt it's sophocle's. Therefore there must be another trial captain not revealed yet.

Like I said though, only time will confirm our suspicions. :)