Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Why isn't the Sun legendary a fire type. GAME FREAK! YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME!

There's an explanation as to why solgaleo is not a fire type literally 3 posts above yours.

I wished it was a fire/steel or fire/electric type? sure. But the reasons as to why it wasn't made into one come together when you think about it. After all, they did release a fire lion LITERALLY the last gen. Gamefreak is dumb, but there are rare occasions in which they don't want to copy themselves in consecutive gens.

That man right there, is Sir Issac Noobin (Or just Issac), the nerdiest kid in all of Almia from Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. With an IQ of 163, that boy will shatter even the strongest of minds. I won't go into too much detail about him, buuuut if you want to know...

Basically, he was the smartest kid in Ranger School. He was so smart, that Kincaid, Team Dim Sun's Vice Leader, recruited him into Team Dim Sun when he disguised as a teacher of the Ranger School. He was recruited under the false promises that their machines make people and Pokemon friends and grow closer to one another. He was central to the plot because he was the one who constructed their Ultimate Machine, which was, in reality, Altru Tower, there latest addition to Altru Building. Altru Inc.'s President, Blake Hall, is also the leader of Team Dim Sun, which is how they were able to get Issac involved. When he realized that they were going to use the tower for their own evil purposes, it was already too late, as the tower was already mostly completed. He was then forced to finish making the rest of Altru Tower/The Ultimate Machine when The SInis Trio, a trio of admins who work directly under Kincaid, kidnapped his sister, blackmailing him to go with them. He then helps shut down the barriers of the tower once he is saved.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj8pcabVEAEgB3F.jpg:large

This was found on the Pokemon Website earlier and idk if it was shown here before.

Ash-Greninja is coming. Protect your mega evolutions, children, money, games and asses cuz it's coming for them....

So Masquerain's worse fear is actually becoming true? man, I really hope not, because that kind of evolution (check Az's link if you want spoilers) is kinda meh to me. I mean I already find Ash-greninja cringey, so if that's a thing that we're gonna be doing now.... well.... lol?

• Developers

Why isn't the Sun legendary a fire type. GAME FREAK! YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME!

they want to subvert expectations I personally am glad there isn't going to be another fire lion we need variation

There's an explanation as to why solgaleo is not a fire type literally 3 posts above yours.

I wished it was a fire/steel or fire/electric type? sure. But the reasons as to why it wasn't made into one come together when you think about it. After all, they did release a fire lion LITERALLY the last gen. Gamefreak is dumb, but there are rare occasions in which they don't want to copy themselves in consecutive gens.

I know I just wanted to express my irritation. I was looking forward to having a giant flaming giga sun lion of awesomeness!

• Supporter

Km34b6W.png

So I was looking at the trailer a second time and this screen caught my eye. The map... well, I doubt I need to say anything about that other than "WOW THOSE TWO RANDOM BLOBS OF CLOUDS SURELY AREN'T HIDING ANYTHING IMPORTANT." Combine that with the island that we can glimpse in the upper right hand corner of the world artwork... well, I don't want to say that guarantees that they're important... but. >.>

Then there's the little row of icons off to the side. All three are fairly common symbols for stuff. The first is video -- which also has a small indicator seemingly showing there is something new to be found there. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is for the function the game is currently in, given that this screen seems to be from a video chat of some kind (which is corroborated by the new message-type indicator on the icon itself). The second is a camera. I'm guessing this is something to do with the new QR code functionality? Seems cool, but very gimmicky. Cool for the people who'll be able to take advantage of it, but kind of useless for those who can't (ie everyone who doesn't live in a "big" city or in Japan). And lastly, a settings type icon. I wonder if this will be present at all times in the bottom screen?

Km34b6W.png

So I was looking at the trailer a second time and this screen caught my eye. The map... well, I doubt I need to say anything about that other than "WOW THOSE TWO RANDOM BLOBS OF CLOUDS SURELY AREN'T HIDING ANYTHING IMPORTANT." Combine that with the island that we can glimpse in the upper right hand corner of the world artwork... well, I don't want to say that guarantees that they're important... but. >.>

Then there's the little row of icons off to the side. All three are fairly common symbols for stuff. The first is video -- which also has a small indicator seemingly showing there is something new to be found there. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is for the function the game is currently in, given that this screen seems to be from a video chat of some kind (which is corroborated by the new message-type indicator on the icon itself). The second is a camera. I'm guessing this is something to do with the new QR code functionality? Seems cool, but very gimmicky. Cool for the people who'll be able to take advantage of it, but kind of useless for those who can't (ie everyone who doesn't live in a "big" city or in Japan). And lastly, a settings type icon. I wonder if this will be present at all times in the bottom screen?

Personally, I don't actually think those do anything at all. The screenshot is on the top screen, so it's not like you can tap them (unless they're operated by the buttons). I assumed they were just aesthetic devices to fill the screen a bit that look like they would relate to the video call.

So Masquerain's worse fear is actually becoming true? man, I really hope not, because that kind of evolution (check Az's link if you want spoilers) is kinda meh to me. I mean I already find Ash-greninja cringey, so if that's a thing that we're gonna be doing now.... well.... lol?

My worst fear is burst.. I can live with syncro stuff if it's contained to starters or something.... But ugh, they JUST introduced megas and made a joke out of them in the anime already, it's really.....crappy of them. Though ashfrog does not require a bracelet or a crystal to turn into ash-frog, so I doubt that's what we're getting. I am also going to doubt burst because the opinion of the pokemon fanbase is more or less unanimous that burst is something that should have never crawled out of its rock in a deep cave

Also, it appears many people repeat the same posts over and over... Maybe some reading is in order before posting :ph34r:

On a side note, did anybody manage to find anything about "the beast that calls the moon" ? The lion was pretty easy but the bat?

From what has been said the themes regarding the legendariea this time could be alchemy and energy. Both cover legendaries are said to contain vast energy. Also if I recall correctly, I think there was something in ORAS about Azoth which is a reagent in alchemy I think. I think it was where Lugia and Ho oh we're found so yeah the two birds could be here too.

There's also the whole thing regarding the new movie with azoth and magearna's heart drive which indicates a source of energy. Also volcanion represents heat and steam which is related to chemistry and energy.

Yeah.... already made a few walls of text regarding alchemy, azoth ritual and starters. But the question was more about specifically for Lunala and the quote "the beast that calls the moon". The green lion devouring the sun is a thing on its own, but I can't find anything about anything that calls the moon

While all you nerds are geeking out about the map and the box art legends I noticed something that I am surprised that no one is talking about... Kukui!

In each game the first character you meet is the professor. They introduce themselves and tell you what scientific Pokemon field they study. The games tend to revolve around or highly emphasize a new mechanic based on what they are studying.

Professor Oak was studying Pokemon and human relations with them, which makes sense for RBY. It is the first game in the series and Pokemon was something new to all of us.

Professor Elm studied Evolution and Breeding. Gen 2 introduced breeding, baby Pokemon, and new lines of evolutions for most of the Gen 1 mons.

Professor Birch studied Pokemon habitats. RSE introduced a new way to catch Pokemon being the dive mechanic. There was also emphasis in the Box Art Legends and the evil teams wanting to create a new habitat for Pokemon by expanding the seas or expanding the land.

Professor Rowan studied evolution, like Elm in GSC. And like in GSC, a lot of gen 1 and 2 mons were given new evolutions.

Professor Juniper studied Pokemon origins. Even though there was a heavier emphasis in DPP on Pokemon origins, gen 5 approached the game story wise in a lot of a deeper way than the rest of the series up to date did.

Professor Sycamore studied Evolution. Do I really hafta say it? This one is obvious, XY introduced mega evolution.

Now we have Kukui and a new character named Lili. What is interesting is they have opposite personalities. Lili's character description mentions how she is not a fan of violence and Pokemon battling. Kukui on the other hand seems to love battling and the nature of Pokemon battling. Professor Halla is a retired samurai and Kukui is... Shirtless? My first thought when I saw that is "this man will spawn more fan art than Sycamore." However, after seeing his character description, something made him my current favorite professor. What if, like Halla, Kukui has a passion as a fighter. Lack of shirt may emphasize his love for the fight and how he is always ready for a brawl. Hence why he wears comfy shorts and lazily throws on his lab coat.

Even though this is all theory crafting on my part, let's actually look at his character description. It mentions how he studies Pokemon moves, aka attacks and fighting styles. His description even details how Kukui likes to learn more about Pokemon hands on by letting them attack him and learning what their attacks are like by experiencing them hands on. I get the feeling that this guy has a vendetta against nature and likes to go around picking fights with Pokemon for hell of it, which makes him the coolest professor to date. At least to me anyways

Getting to the point, Kukui studies Pokemon attacks. Does that mean something new or potentially big may be introduced in battle regarding our attacks and abilities? Will a pokemon's signature move change depending on certain battle criteria? Will Mega Evolutions change something about a pokemon's attack? I have no idea, but it is something that has been circling around my head. What do you nerds think? Is there a base for this theory, or am I just full of my own crap?

Hmm, haven't read description for Kukui. But what if the new mechanics involve signatures moves for mega evolution (or....burst evolution....ugh). Maybe it's similar to AZ'S Eternal Floette Light of Ruin?

Although I don't want to see it happen, I can see them introducing BREAK evolution in game. Either the pokemon will get a new moveslot or it will gain a second ability in addition to its already existing.

They usualy don't add features from the tcg into the normal games, but since the tcg has already showcased perfect Zygarde and Ash-Greninja I won't be surprised if they are already ahead into BREAK evolutions.

Based on this, I've jumped to my own conclusion: It could be that there may be new battle styles implemented in Sun and Moon (like the Sky Battles and my personal favorite Inverse Battles introduced in X and Y), and he studies how Pokemon moves are affected in each different battle style. This is just mere speculation on my part, but it would be cool to see some new battle types introduced (and more places to do Inverse Battles)