We make Pokémon Reborn. Ask Us Anything.

Kurotsune

I just have one question.

How fun is it to work on this game?

Really fun. It can get frustrating at times- particularly when you just can't get something to work the way you want it to, but generally it is a really rewarding process.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any unused plot ideas you had? Or was the story at any point going to go into a different direction?

Just that one plot line about Lin actually being Amethyst in disguise.

Wait, that's still a thing? Damn. Spoilers, I guess.

• Administrators

Where do you guys get your stash of incredible reaction images

6d463ac2c45e471683bbacd1e90ffb8b.png

So who chooses the location each gym will have the Gym Leader or some outside party and is there any like banned qualities a Gym Leader must not possess if they want to be a Gym Leader?

It would be negotiated with the league manager and the leader.

There's no specific forbidden traits. Battling skill comes skills but applicants generally have to be referred by another leader.

How fun is it to work on this game?

I enjoy it a lot ! I mean obviously or I wouldn't keep doing it.

Admittedly, there are some parts though that get stupid-tedious or tricky that are less fun, but if I'm not doing any one thing for too long at a time then I'm usually fine.

Also I mainly enjoy the creative aspect for stuff and sometimes it gets a lot less fun if it's just a matter of like... following a previously-set plan forever. For example, making the 6th gen/mega sprites. I couldn't get too creative with those since the poses were mostly already set from references and beyond that I was looking for accuracy to the designs.

Mysidia was going to be an island region? From what I heard, 7th gen Pokemon were going to be on an island, too.... You don't suppose that the island containing all of the 7th gen Pokemon would be called Mysidia, would you? Just an interesting theory that quickly developed.

man if hall of famer got his game remade into 7th gen id be drilling him for his secrets right now

How did the move relearner manage to lose her key in the at the time locked Underground Railnet behind a wall we had to smash to get through?

Yeah, fell into a crack and tumbled down through a hole or seven, like smeargle said.

Will 12 characters ever be allowed for nicknames?

What in the world is that ring in sherly's hair specifically called I've tried finding a real life equivalent and having no luck?

Aren't they already...?

It's literally just a metal ring that her hair is braided around. Country style. Or something. I don't know that it has a special name.

Are there any unused plot ideas you had? Or was the story at any point going to go into a different direction?

Things have mostly been added rather than removed.

A couple things come to mind. Originally there was going to be a Meteor raid on the Grand Hall, but that never ended up fitting in. Also I originally planned a gang sidequest where you'd get arrested with them and have to jailbreak from under the police station. But again, never really found a place for it and then the 7th st stuff happened instead.

We will be getting one more gang-related sidequest in 16 though.

Nope right now only 10 characters are allowed for nicknames :(

I've been able to give my Pokémon 12-character nicknames since Episode 12...?

In Episode 11, 12-character nicknames could only be given to event Pokémon upon obtaining them, but this excluded wild caught Pokémon and the Name Rater.

• Developers

I've been able to give my Pokémon 12-character nicknames since Episode 12...?

In Episode 11, 12-character nicknames could only be given to event Pokémon upon obtaining them, but this excluded wild caught Pokémon and the Name Rater.

okay I guess I stand corrected I've been spending most of my time in the editor. It worked fine when I went into the actual game thanks Foamy

Ame, I wonder what u think about this insane Pokémon go hype? :D And also, have u play it too? How u like it?

Sadly the fight and evolve system is really different, not like any other pokémon games (thats why I still sitting here and waiting for episode 16 :D) but it is still fun to play.

Ame, I wonder what u think about this insane Pokémon go hype? :D And also, have u play it too? How u like it?

Sadly the fight and evolve system is really different, not like any other pokémon games (thats why I still sitting here and waiting for episode 16 :D) but it is still fun to play.

Knowing Ame, she's probably going to include a Pokémon GO reference in Reborn, similar to the Twitch Plays Pokémon reference in 7th Street.

Who knows, maybe Episode 16 will feature a side quest that involves finding people around the newly-restored city who are playing Pokémon GO and bringing them home.

I can imagine some of their dialogue, too.

"Heh... I guess it is kinda silly to be playing this game when I could go out and catch the real things, huh..."

ever thought of tweaking male kirlia's sprite? ;p

something like this

kirlia_by_mrrandell-d36ykh5.png

Nope.

Can we have more than one registered item?Bicycle and the item finder are always needed..so can we?

This is actually doable and not an entirely bad idea, so who knows, maybe we can do it. It might be looked into, even thought it'd admittedly be fairly low on our priority list.

• Developers

Can we have more than one registered item?Bicycle and the item finder are always needed..so can we?

This is actually doable and not an entirely bad idea, so who knows, maybe we can do it. It might be looked into, even thought it'd admittedly be fairly low on our priority list.

I've seen that in various other games. It shouldn't be too hard to copy it, right?

So sorry if this isn't the right place to post my question but i can't find a proper answer anywhere :mellow:

i just started the game and it looks amazing, i think it's a bit difficult so i wanted to prepare my pokémon for the battles ahead by Ev training it, but i can't find a way to do so, if i keep fighting random trainers this will ruin my pokémon ev, if my pokémon grows to fast it won't listen to me anymore

so is there a way to ev train my starter, i choosed charmander and i defenitly want to keep it in my party

thanks ^_^

Well I thought a little before posting this question here because I don't know if this is the kind of thing that should be asked, since it could lead to spoilers and therefore be left unanswered but here goes:

In the future, can we expect the player to quit being on the receiving end/ Being responsible for actually accomplishing something major? The reason why I ask this is because after a certain point in the game, I feel the character is incapable of reacting to certain events and some of their actions lose meaning and fail to make a difference because of this. The instance that first comes to mind, is the whole situation with Blake. After all that stuff of denying him the ring he just goes and take it by force, and the PC just stands inertly, doing nothing to prevent it. If the character was a child, that would be understandable but since that's not the case, we could expect the character to push him or in the case of girls, the famous kick in the nuts, then Blake could just run off spouting "You'll never find Heather" or firing any other crappy villainous line.

I know the game is still in development and there's a probability that this may be adressed in future updates, so this isn't a complaint or any form of criticizing. It's just a curiosity of mine, followed by an opinion on something that kind of bothers me.

Moving on:

After playing the game, I liked the name of a few in game places, and was amused when I discovered that they were the names of crystals/stones, which is a nice change from the tide of weird names that plague so many pkmn fangames, so kudos on that. Now for my questions:

• From whence stems such rock solid knowledge of minerals?
  • What inspired the decision to name the places in reborn after crystals?
  • Is real life Amethyst a brawny, manly miner, who happens to enjoy pokemon and roleplaying as a lady in the web?
  • Why there are so many here who are fascinated by Amethyst's basement, to the point of wanting to live there? What kind of wonders rest in that place?
Edited by Gh0stStark

• Developers

So sorry if this isn't the right place to post my question but i can't find a proper answer anywhere :mellow:

i just started the game and it looks amazing, i think it's a bit difficult so i wanted to prepare my pokémon for the battles ahead by Ev training it, but i can't find a way to do so, if i keep fighting random trainers this will ruin my pokémon ev, if my pokémon grows to fast it won't listen to me anymore

so is there a way to ev train my starter, i choosed charmander and i defenitly want to keep it in my party

thanks ^_^

Welcome to the forum! ;-) For the future questions like this belong to the On the Hunt directory. As for EV training there is a guide here: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18129 I understand you're somewhere at the beginning, probably before the first or second gym? EV training right away sounds a bit too early to me. For the first few leaders you just need to catch five other mons to have a full team and level them up a bit. Don't try to push through the game with less than 6 mons like most of the other games allow you - Reborn is not meant to work like that. In fact most people train more than 6 pokemon so that they could switch the team a bit for every gym battle.

...No.

Haha, her voice sounds somewhat funny in some vids tho... now seriously this is kind of off topic but she plays one of my favourite games of all time. Okami is a masterpiece. Awesome visuals, great music, story. It's a pity Clover Studios died.

I feel like a quick answer to the most frequent questions in the main post could be a good idea...

Gen 7 will probably added in the last release since it's going to be a lot of work (spriting, changing the game to add events and encounters,...). The level cap may be raised above lvl 100 if necessary, more likely after the league, but Ame will try to avoid if possible if I recall correctly