What is pokemon missing?

Hawky

We've discussed features that are no longer with us that we miss and wish were back, but what are some features that you wish pokemon had, yet have never been in any of their games?

I'd love for the sprites for flying/surfing and such to actually look like the pokemon that are surfing or flying on. Everything is a wailmer or a pidgeot in most games. Soaring through the air on a Ho-oh and want everyone to see? Surfing with the mighty kyogre and want to impress your friends instead of having them only think it's a wailmer?

What are things you'd like to see in a pokemon game?

a challenge

But really, I'd like to see more creative characters. While the Pokemon are cool or cute and all, some of the characters seem to have been more lacking nowadays. Professor Juniper, those four rivals from in XY, etc. They don't have as much flavor to them, unlike just a few characters like N or Silver. And don't get me started on how little most Gym Leaders do in the plot.

1) Trainer customization.

2) Pokemon visual customization (it'd be a huge undertaking, to say the least).

3) There lacks a pressing need for trainers to stop battling and spend time with particular Pokemon. Amie did that, but only partially. Imagine some sort of "quest chain" with only a single Pokemon against tough challenges with great rewards.

Definitely gym leaders doing something with their lives.

A rival that isn't "your childhood friend that has no personality whatsoever besides one super annoying quirk"

^ie "Im gonna sue you for $100000000 if you're late! Too slow!!"

But for new features instead of just bad character writing, I'd say my main one is probably for our decisions to actually matter for once.

New pokemon duotypings would be great, like normal/rock(i know, 4 x weakness to fighting isnt exactly appealing but GF can create a new ability to remedy that, like what Solid Rock does), electric/rock(also 4 x weaknesses to ground, but hey there is an ability called Levitate and an item called air balloon, isnt it), fire/electric(although technically Rotom heat is one, but i would like to see a new species rather than a form of old mon) etc~

I feel like a little more difficulty could add to the games, as I feel like the last few ones have been way to easy. Along with that, adding some more options to our trainers in general would be nice, like getting to choose if your a kid, teenager, Ect. As said, adding more layers to the Pokémon friendship mechanics would be nice, like HG and SS.

And a rival(s) who aren't cookie cutter characters.

• Global Mods

On difficulty, I like the idea of the difficulty modes from B2W2. The problem in those games was each one only offered one of the two difficulties, /and/ it was after you had beaten the game, /and/ it isn't permanently unlocked (if you start a new file you won't have it anymore), /and/ there was no real way for a single person with no connections with other players to use them unless that person had more than one DS. If there are difficulty modes they should be available from the beginning of the game and not version exclusive.

Bring back the pervert from Celadon gym, the save function fron RBY and Missingno

Missingno is so overrated.

I'd like "Q" so I can combine any two pokémons. And create several Q's in the process.

On the real though, I'd like a different start, where you don't get the pokémon from the professor. You just kinda catch a poémon like a Rattata or a Pidgey and you raise it without a pokéball. And you have to deal with barely any help. But yes, different start.

I havent read through the replies yet, so maybe some or all things will have been mentioned already but wellp

For me, Pokemon is missing soaring-like Fly animations of unique pokemon ( yes, pls show us how a trainer flies on a pidgey or a dodrio!)

- Surf animations for unique pokemon (yep, same here, I wanna know how people surf on a zigzagoon)

- A darker story that isn't all sunshine and rainbows/frendship is magic handholding fest

- More involvement of gym leaders and characters in the story

-Your rivals/friends being more memorable. Hugh is probably still the most memorable guy to me

- More pokemon logic-straightening in the direction of finally making sense of Cut (they replaced small trees with thorny bushes so it now makes sense you need to cut them out of the way)

- Dark gym

- Gym leaders with 6 pokemon and who aren't a joke

-a plot that possibly involves more legendaries and involves their "powers" being used on you or something

- something different than what usually happens when you start out

- a nuzlocke mode

-difficulty modes

Gym leaders that matter to the plot.

Definitely gym leaders doing something with their lives.

- More involvement of gym leaders and characters in the story

Black/White already did that tho? they appeared regularly throughout the game and i like how they helped out in the Castle. they even had these memory link episodes which give more personality to the gym leaders who didn't have time to make an impression like Lenora or Skyla.

also the overworld tree thing that needs to be Cut in gen 6 looked pretty prickly and thorny, it was taller than our character too. so ye.

also also in BW2 Ghetsis ordered Kyurem to impale us with ice daggers so maybe that counts as 'powers being used against us'

i think that gen 5's plot was different from other gens too. it felt a bit more darker--for a kid's game anyways.

but as for me, i'd like bigger maps to explore!!! but not those stupid forests or caves that literally takes you back to the entrance with some name like "c0nfoosing tohnell!!!" or "luhst furrest!!"

no. some people don't like exploring (unlike me) and just wanna get straight to the point. so- make exploring optional. so everyone's happy. idk.

One thing I've enjoyed in Rejuvenation is the Help/Trouble Center thingy, so adding sidequests or something similar to Pokemon may add more filler may be a good idea? I don't know :3

can we have HARD puzzles and not gym leaders super glued to the arena(i know bw did this but csn we have it for the other games)

also better rivals i hated gen 6 ones whos called tierno a cake? joke but seriously better rivals because the gen 6 ones were incompetent because i could have tapped them and they would of cried like a banshee

Edited by nugget_22

Black/White already did that tho? they appeared regularly throughout the game and i like how they helped out in the Castle. they even had these memory link episodes which give more personality to the gym leaders who didn't have time to make an impression like Lenora or Skyla.

also the overworld tree thing that needs to be Cut in gen 6 looked pretty prickly and thorny, it was taller than our character too. so ye.

also also in BW2 Ghetsis ordered Kyurem to impale us with ice daggers so maybe that counts as 'powers being used against us'

i think that gen 5's plot was different from other gens too. it felt a bit more darker--for a kid's game anyways.

but as for me, i'd like bigger maps to explore!!! but not those stupid forests or caves that literally takes you back to the entrance with some name like "c0nfoosing tohnell!!!" or "luhst furrest!!"

no. some people don't like exploring (unlike me) and just wanna get straight to the point. so- make exploring optional. so everyone's happy. idk.

Yep, I cannot getover the fact how good bw2 were in terms of things we players wanted to see, I'm just listing these things again because XY was a giant step back from everything bw/2 ever stood for I: I guess I just wish pokemon would take it a step further and more than bw2 and explore the world of a darker plot.. Just yeah, take everything bw/2 had and improve it, take it further, I'm sure we'd all be really happy