[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

regarding the mega ring, when i posted that screen before the pocket it was going in was just an oversight on my part. that's been fixed. and it was really not meant to be a troll tease or anything. However,

I'm just going to axe it pre-emptively.

It actually has nothing to do with the "too strong to have yet" side of things, and strictly the story side. After getting a little further in to the story the timing for the event itself doesn't feel right, so I'm going to hold off on it until later.

Fortunately, that's all ready in advance for the future though, so I can flip the switch whenever the timing works out.

As an apology, take this.

cfd86fc4a4b943798f660d56cb3a57ee.png

Ahhhh, interesting. I really wasn't expecting that, but I think it's pretty cool that we're fighting another potential E4. But what has me the most intrigued, is the place we're fighting Arc at. To me it looks a lot like a Team Meteor factory/base, which makes me wonder if this is a side quest or part of the main story. As for the Mega Ring getting the axe, I don't really care all that much. It would have been cool to have it just to have it, but I don't really care if we get it now, or if it gets pushed back a bit.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chances of Julia dying are fairly low, but you never know. She's at Amaria's house currently sleeping on a couch and since she appeared in the last arc I don't she's going to pop up right away but she could. As for the whole badge thing if it were to happen, Reborn set its own rules up that if a leader dies, the badge is invalidated which probably mean (since the trainer card uses Arclight/Sigmund's gym badge anyways...not Julia's) that the player would just have to fight Arclight to revalidate that badge. Also, it's if a leader retires, not exactly dying for this to take place.

I get what people are saying with the whole what about people who currently have the badge in that world. Well...how many people even have that many badges? Fern has probably 10, due to joining Team Meteor, at the most leaving the player with pretty much the only one who's even collected them all. Does Fern even have Noel's badge for example because I don't think Noel would be taking challengers at that point in time? Can't really say it's a sound structure, but yeah only like 5 people would even be able to make it to the league so having to rebattle a gym leader wouldn't be such an issue, would it?

I think it's tied in to the plot and likely a mid episode fight (similar to Blake/Cal in those episodes) which I honestly thought Sigmund was the one we were facing. Who knows? He could actually be the E4 and was just holding back (though I doubt it as Heather would've recognized him then). With Laura, Sigmund, and likely Arclight out (plus Amaria, Saphira, Hardy, Adrienn, and Titania) there's not a lot of candidates for the E4. Bennett, El, Lin, Anna, and...that's about it.

• Global Mods

I get what people are saying with the whole what about people who currently have the badge in that world. Well...how many people even have that many badges? Fern has probably 10, due to joining Team Meteor, at the most leaving the player with pretty much the only one who's even collected them all. Does Fern even have Noel's badge for example because I don't think Noel would be taking challengers at that point in time? Can't really say it's a sound structure, but yeah only like 5 people would even be able to make it to the league so having to rebattle a gym leader wouldn't be such an issue, would it?

I don't remember the specific thread Ame said this in, but Fern has obtained every badge up to Amaria. (also Victoria dropped and Cain still hasn't fought Radomus)

• Administrators

Hey Ame I wanted to ask.... where is your current avatar from? It looks awesome and really suits you.

Thank you! It's fanart of Star Guardian Jinx in League of Legends. According to my stray link the artist is... songjikyo??

---

so remember that puzzle that i trimmed a lot yeah so it's actually still super laggy now that i've tested it on my weaker computer. so i'm kind of pulling back to the drawing board with how that one is implemented and we'll see what we can do with it in the end. it's probably gonna eat a bit more time though lol rip

story events are super almost done

and im starting stress out about making sure i get everything perfect in time for testing

which is challenging because my memory is about as stable as jello

but we're going places!! slowly!

i was gonna say more but my job's about to kick me out though now so lolbye

so remember that puzzle that i trimmed a lot yeah so it's actually still super laggy now that i've tested it on my weaker computer. so i'm kind of pulling back to the drawing board with how that one is implemented and we'll see what we can do with it in the end. it's probably gonna eat a bit more time though lol rip

and im starting stress out about making sure i get everything perfect in time for testing

What could be so big and resource-heavy that it would still be super laggy xD Now I'm getting really curious and excited as to what that puzzle might be.

And you don't really have to make sure everything is perfect in time for testing do you? That's what testing is for isn't it? Just take it easy and make sure the game is in tip-top shape and we'll be here waiting until it's finished, even if it takes another year ;)

If one regularly postpones work for the next day, at some point the workload might become too much to handle, thus needlessly extending the release of the material. Apparently, Ame wants to finish working on a thing before moving on to the next one, and that includes quality control. Of course, some parts need to be revised but as soon as they are not important enough, their fixes can wait till the next episode release, or an intermediate n.5 community release.

Thank you! It's fanart of Star Guardian Jinx in League of Legends. According to my stray link the artist is... songjikyo??

---

Hmm maybe divide the map into smaller parts if possible?

I'm actually scared of this puzzle. I can't fathom the amounts of insanity and evil trolling that it probably contains. I recall my first attempt at exploring the Carnelian Mountains when i think about it. Something like:

"Good job spending one hour exploring this underwater maze--WITHOUT GOING UP TO FUCKING BREATHE! Your lungs are better than a motherflipping POLAR BEAR'S!!! And that resistance to these freezing, below zero temperatures? That's some crazy shit dude... Now you only need Waterfall to progress...HAHA. Get back all the way then come back once you can use it... I hope you remember where's the exit."

I don't remember the specific thread Ame said this in, but Fern has obtained every badge up to Amaria. (also Victoria dropped and Cain still hasn't fought Radomus)

which number is that 15? because he could have battle adryn or hardy its hardly likly that he'd have won angainst saphira, tho it would be kind of strange to have saphira getting axed when the reserve dragon leader is lin aka the team metor leader

But how? Noel and Charlotte are both in Calcenon, which is off limits to him (Saphira and Hardy would tear him to pieces if he showed up, and Team Meteor wouldn't want him there either), and he definitely didn't battle either of them before us. Luna seems very difficult to approach in Iolia Valley without the keys, and he most likely didn't battle her in Radomus's castle (I don't think he talks about another gym leader being there after the Route 1 battle). I can't find a timeframe when he could've battled Noel and Charlotte.

Unless he bought those badges at 7th Street, or got them from a Meteor admin who's also high up in the league administration.

• Global Mods

But how? Noel and Charlotte are both in Calcenon, which is off limits to him (Saphira and Hardy would tear him to pieces if he showed up, and Team Meteor wouldn't want him there either), and he definitely didn't battle either of them before us. Luna seems very difficult to approach in Iolia Valley without the keys, and he most likely didn't battle her in Radomus's castle (I don't think he talks about another gym leader being there after the Route 1 battle). I can't find a timeframe when he could've battled Noel and Charlotte.

Unless he bought those badges at 7th Street, or got them from a Meteor admin who's also high up in the league administration.

After the Route 1 battle he said he was going to look for a leader that fit Noel's description.

I think Ame actually said he fought every post-Agate leader up to Amaria or somesuch. I didn't remember exactly what she said, so I just said "up to Amaria" for simplicity. I'll try to find the thread later.

he most likely didn't battle her in Radomus's castle (I don't think he talks about another gym leader being there after the Route 1 battle). I can't find a timeframe when he could've battled Noel and Charlotte.

In response to the Luna one, he could have easily gotten it after he beat Radomus seeing as how Luna was in his castle at the time. Not to mention, Fern also wrote on the sign north of Radomus's labyrinth so it's safe to assume he went and fought both him and Luna. As for Noel and Charlotte, he could have been in Calcenon prior to joining the meteors and even prior to the PULSE Clawitzer being set up. Hell, he could've been there before we even fought Samson, we may never know, but that's what makes the most sense (to me) as of right now.

• Global Mods

Found it.

"Victoria dropped. Cain still hasn't been able to battle Radomus or Luna. Fern 's been better focused and has fought all of the post-Agate area leaders so far plus Amy and minus Charlotte, so that makes him about even. I might be forgetting something in saying that. Don't hold me to it, I'm going through this quickly.

The order of leaders vaguely follows a rule from our server league where you can fight any of the next 4 leaders based on your lowest missing badge. So say you've only beaten Julia: You could technically fight Florinia, Corey, Shelly or Shade. You can't fight Kiki until you've beaten Flornia though.
They'd only need the purple crystal plug. There might be more than one."

Found it.

"Victoria dropped. Cain still hasn't been able to battle Radomus or Luna. Fern 's been better focused and has fought all of the post-Agate area leaders so far plus Amy and minus Charlotte, so that makes him about even. I might be forgetting something in saying that. Don't hold me to it, I'm going through this quickly.

The order of leaders vaguely follows a rule from our server league where you can fight any of the next 4 leaders based on your lowest missing badge. So say you've only beaten Julia: You could technically fight Florinia, Corey, Shelly or Shade. You can't fight Kiki until you've beaten Flornia though.
They'd only need the purple crystal plug. There might be more than one."

Based on this information, can't we conclude that we're facing Amaria either next, or after EP16's leader? Because if the league rules state that you can only fight the next 4 leaders based on your lowest missing badge, and Fern's missing Charlotte, he'd technically only be able to fight Terra, Ciel, Leader 14 and Leader 15. So Amaria's one of the next two 2 leaders we're facing.

I'd wager it's Adrienn, then Amaria.

Edited by Therrester

• Global Mods

Based on this information, can't we conclude that we're facing Amaria either next, or after EP16's leader? Because if the league rules state that you can only fight the next 4 leaders based on your lowest missing badge, and Fern's missing Charlotte, he'd technically only be able to fight Terra, Ciel, Leader 14 and Leader 15. So Amaria's one of the two 2 leaders we're facing.

I'd wager it's Adrienn, then Amaria.

That makes sense. I didn't really consider that before . o .

That makes sense. I didn't really consider that before . o .

Actually, I did the math wrong. If he's missing Charlotte, than Fern would only be able to fight Charlotte, and the 3 leaders that follow her, which is Terra, Ciel, and EP16's leader. So if he's battled Amaria already, yet skipped Charlotte, than Amaria has to follow Ciel.

Edited by Therrester

yeh good luck to him. why do i get the weird feelign there will be a lot of back tracking for our final 5 abdges?

up the mountain for amaria, back down for fairy boy (havent the foggiest how to spel zis name properly), back up to agate for hardy, back down to the desert for titania, then finaly back up to the top for saphira.

Edited by sandy

Technically since terra's missing, Not dead or retired, her badge is still valid and fern will have to find her. GL fern.

Terra's in cahoots with Meteor too. I'm sure there's some way they could "revive" Terra if Fern's badge collection is really that important. And if there's no way for ingame-Ame or anyone from Grand Hall to get in contact with Terra, they'll have to bring in her reserve until Terra is able to return to work.

BRING BACK SANDY

Terra's in cahoots with Meteor too. I'm sure there's some way they could "revive" Terra if Fern's badge collection is really that important. And if there's no way for ingame-Ame or anyone from Grand Hall to get in contact with Terra, they'll have to bring in her reserve until Terra is able to return to work.

BRING BACK SANDY

who's this sandy person? is it the ground reserve leader?

also if i remember correctly ciel and samson only trapped tera in the computer so he could calm down, he may come back out so fern can get his badge.

Terra entered the computer, was beaten by the protagonist, and is now (as far as anyone knows) missing. Ciel and Samson are looking for her but they haven't found her yet, and probably can't make her come back unless she wants to. I don't think Terra really cares about Fern's (or anyone's) badge collection in the slightest, so she'll probably be missing for quite a while.

Ciel and Samson trapped Terra in the computer, Buuuuut they unplugged it like a minute after you beat her and she leaves.

What happens to an unsaved file if your computer randomly runs out of power? Unless there's a backup...RIP

But Terra probably teleported to the the computer places in the snowy mountain top Idr the name of the town but that's the only place with computers as of now so

The Queen of booty shall live on for the PLOT or not cause no one will miss her.

I wouldn't be so sure that she's gone... Since she made it, she probably prepared for this eventuality, and installed a personal backdoor that she used to high-tail it outta there before they cut the power.