[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Global Mods

So, an interesting thing happened. I took a nap earlier and had a dream about the E16 status going up to 93%. Normally when I dream there's a minute or so after I wake up where my brain still thinks the dream is real, but for some reason I just had this feeling that the status actually had gone up to 93%. So I checked and it did.

I think this is what's called deja vu?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regarding alpha/beta testing, i am going to have more than one alpha tester this time because those who have played the betas can probably attest to the fact that one doesn't seem to be quite enough. and, because there's so much in this update that has changed or been added (or is just generally fucky like the city update) I intend to leave it in beta for a longer period of time than usual.

so heads up with that.

Let's say hypothetically, the status is at 100% by October 31st. When do we get it? Granted, there need to be the testers and all that stuff, but is there an estimated wait time is for fans? Not to rush you guys, I'm just curious.

Will it be possible to view our individual relationship values with each character somewhere? I don't know if it exists already or not, so if it does I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me where to find it.

So, an interesting thing happened. I took a nap earlier and had a dream about the E16 status going up to 93%. Normally when I dream there's a minute or so after I wake up where my brain still thinks the dream is real, but for some reason I just had this feeling that the status actually had gone up to 93%. So I checked and it did.

I think this is what's called deja vu?

Actually, I think that's what we tend to call "Astral Projection" in the occult circles.

*rimshot*

In all seriousness, though, I'm glad to know that even though it's been slow, progress has been steadily being made. Here's to all the future updates that will happen!

*Raises his glass of berry juice in a toasting-esque manner*

Edited by K_H

regarding alpha/beta testing, i am going to have more than one alpha tester this time because those who have played the betas can probably attest to the fact that one doesn't seem to be quite enough. and, because there's so much in this update that has changed or been added (or is just generally fucky like the city update) I intend to leave it in beta for a longer period of time than usual.

so heads up with that.

While it's always a bummer to have to wait a few extra days/a week, I'd much rather play an awesome game with fewer bugs and game breaking glitches and it takes longer time than the other way around. Keep up all the good work you devs and testers ;)

Also just started working on a few members to my team which means I will have to train up 3 new Pokemon basically from scratch before E16 comes out xD This is gonna be a fun few days of non-stop Reborn

so heads up with that.

E16 area is evented and the puzzle is done. it's... i originally felt iffy about the puzzle but then i took like pieces of three different things and smashed them all together and now it's cool.

actually.

i'm pretty sad because i ended up having to trim a lot out of it in order to solve for lag :c the game seems to start lagging at around 200 event tiles per map, and i got like halfway through the puzzle in one of the rooms, realized i was coming up on 300 tiles and was just like 'well shit.'

so i had to scale back and i'm disappointed about that. it also cost me a bit of time for having to tweak it so much. but ultimately, the core parts of what it was are still in tact, and it's not like it'll be boring.

it might still lag a little on lower end computers though... it shouldnt be too bad. I'm pretty sure I have everything under 200 at least

Believe me that one person can only find so much especially after my pitiful display of trying to find all those bugs for stuff I was doing mod wise. I'm already getting pre-alpha testing done and making sure it goes through checks so that I don't end up having another Ciel scenario. Something that should've been spotted ended up in the final release. I'm not saying Ikaru does a bad job (probably better than me), but with how big Reborn is now, it takes 10-20 hours at the least to test everything that needs to be tested in reality.

I've only been part of beta testing since 14.5 but yeah, I have a feeling this one is gonna be a long one just due to redoing five episodes worth of content in one release. Definitely is gonna feel nice going back in the city, but one single warp error would be a major glitch so...god help the alpha testers. Unless of course you redid the entire thing (not keeping any old maps ie insides of houses for warps) which would be an entirely different scenario.

Part of me doesn't even want to know how you got 300 tiles and only be halfway done. I mean some maps aren't even 200 tiles in size (10 x 20) so dear lord I'm both curious and of afraid of this puzzle and it does suck when you can't do something you like (I learned event tile switching lags about 10 frames, but what can you do?)

Oh oh! I have one question I just remembered. Is the world map going to look any different now that Reborn is going to be more or less a lighter color?

I'm fine with waiting a little extra time. It's good to get more testers for this beta, because it sounds massive! Got to make sure everything runs smoothly and works right.

And with multiple deaths happening, it sounds like it's about to be the season 7 premiere of the Walking Dead xD.

And how are beta testers chosen?

I use the save file manager someone in this forum created to manage my Reborn games now... does anyone know how that'd work when the new episode comes around? I'd probably not play Reborn for like 3 years, if not drop it entirely out of anguish, if I lost my main save.

I look forward to the new Episode as much as I'm looking forward to Sun/Moon. I've been excited for E16 since I graduated high school about a year ago. Reborn has a pretty developed story line, and I look forward to see how all the different plot lines established so far end up.

Edited by WanderingCorvus

• Administrators

Oh dear. Inb4 this thread is flooded with "it's at 100% where is it already?"

And they'll be deleted like all the other posts exclusively about the percent progress.

That aside, for everyone that comes here before noticing Ame's status, the aforementioned White Obsidia that she totally didn't forget until now:

EDIT:

Ooh! I have one question I just remembered. Is the world map going to look any different now that Reborn is going to be more or less a lighter color?

While I'm at it I got an answer for this: "nah. its still a black stain upon the otherwise natural world."

shame.

I use the save file manager someone in this forum created to manage my Reborn games now... does anyone know how that'd work when the new episode comes around? I'd probably not play Reborn for like 3 years, if not drop it entirely out of anguish, if I lost my main save.

I know I changed the save file location for a certain mod only because that program was giving problems due to two games sharing the same game folder. You may need to reconfigure it because of this, but your saves will be fine ultimately. I don't really know how it works so you'd have to ask Lugruff himself how it works and what you'd need to do if anything.

You mean lugrufs one? Just erase executable nad import the new one. for more info http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20828&page=#entry513431.

Let's say hypothetically, the status is at 100% by October 31st. When do we get it? Granted, there need to be the testers and all that stuff, but is there an estimated wait time is for fans? Not to rush you guys, I'm just curious.

I'd estimate about a month to a month and a week. This alpha and beta will last longer than any other given the massive amounts of content.

And how are beta testers chosen?

They're not chosen. There is a specific subforum for ace members and members of our staff only where the beta is posted. To be able to test it, you have to be an ace member. This requires an account age of 6 months at least, at least 750 posts, and less than 3 warning points. From there, you can purchase and use the ace membership item in the shop with the rupees you have.

From there, you can purchase and use the ace membership item in the shop with the rupees you have.

Rupees?

Also, damn. Well, maybe we'll get it at Christmas! It'd be a great present, if anything. Plus that gives more time for the testers. I know you'll all do a great job ^_^

It'll take some time to get used to that song, but it sounds good nevertheless

And they'll be deleted like all the other posts exclusively about the percent progress.

That aside, for everyone that comes here before noticing Ame's status, the aforementioned White Obsidia that she totally didn't forget until now:

EDIT:

While I'm at it I got an answer for this: "nah. its still a black stain upon the otherwise natural world."

shame.

Ugh.. it sounded so weird and wrong.. Like somebody's playing the wrong notes or something. Too used to the original one I guess.

Maybe it would feel better IG in the place it's supposed to be heard, but I don't like this version much. I feel like other instruments should be used. This electronic sound is good for low-pitched sounds as in black Obsidia and for suits the dark and broken Reborn, but it feels less suited to the reborn Reborn, and the sharper sound is less pleasant. But I know nothing on music so it's just my opinion

So I've been wondering. We know and have known pretty much since the start of development that by the end of the game we will, one way or another, be able to obtain all 721+ Pokemon legit in the game. But what about TM's? Will we be able to obtain all 100 TM's at some point too? I really hope so since that TM 26 Earthquake would fit really nice right about now ;) And I accidentally forgot Volt Switch on my Rotom and I can't get it back with Move Relearner which is sad, so I really hope we will be able to get all TM's one way or another eventually.

So I've been wondering. We know and have known pretty much since the start of development that by the end of the game we will, one way or another, be able to obtain all 721+ Pokemon legit in the game. But what about TM's? Will we be able to obtain all 100 TM's at some point too? I really hope so since that TM 26 Earthquake would fit really nice right about now ;) And I accidentally forgot Volt Switch on my Rotom and I can't get it back with Move Relearner which is sad, so I really hope we will be able to get all TM's one way or another eventually.

Sure we'll get all the TMs eventually...but do you really think we'll get EQ this early? ;) (probs for E18-19 I think)