[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I posted 88 times (well, this makes 89 times) on this thread! I seriously did not expect that.

I doubt there will be retroactive changes since Ame did all that in E15. Right now E16 will be completely redoing the city, and some will include 50 new sidequests (I think that's what I read). Including the Togepi quest quiz (or at least a very similar version of it).

And will there be any changes to previous chapters ? like sidequests giving out different pokemon, story, items, mechanics, etc ?

Possibly. Some previous events have been changed in the past but we won't know for sure until the episode is released.

I'm still afraid that PULSE Clawitzer is going to be reactivated or something. I have no desire to battle the monster which is that. Like going through the game terrified me when I heard it was assaulting the city.

On the bright side, here's to hoping that more fire types are available :D. I really hope we can get a Magmatizer or whatever it's called because I'd love to try out Magmortar. Although off the top of my head there's already a big majority of fire types in the game aside from the starters, aside from Volcarona(out side of egg) and Talonflame? I know it won't be in E16 but man I cannot wait until we can get Entei because adorable + fire dog like Arcanine.

That being said I am interested in how we'll encounter the various legendaries. So that is something to look forward to in the future.

I'm still afraid that PULSE Clawitzer is going to be reactivated or something. I have no desire to battle the monster which is that. Like going through the game terrified me when I heard it was assaulting the city.

On the bright side, here's to hoping that more fire types are available :D. I really hope we can get a Magmatizer or whatever it's called because I'd love to try out Magmortar. Although off the top of my head there's already a big majority of fire types in the game aside from the starters, aside from Volcarona(out side of egg) and Talonflame? I know it won't be in E16 but man I cannot wait until we can get Entei because adorable + fire dog like Arcanine.

That being said I am interested in how we'll encounter the various legendaries. So that is something to look forward to in the future.

you se just give clawitzer speed and we are screwd

and if we are back to the city = dept store = evolution items = magmarizer

Edited by webobo

you se just give clawitzer speed and we are screwd

glad i trained up my electric types in the downtime. though i am definitely happy that the coming episodes will allow grass types to shine, b/c lets be real. if you chose a grass type, you definitely had a harder time

glad i trained up my electric types in the downtime. though i am definitely happy that the coming episodes will allow grass types to shine, b/c lets be real. if you chose a grass type, you definitely had a harder time

snivy will rely on his team mates untill lvl 64 then he will solo the game, i love meganium thanks to team four star tho it's weaker than other starters, venusaur is a god thanks to sleep powder leech seed, do i need to talk about sceptile, torterra learns eartquake at lvl 32 and he is A MONSTER, chesnaught saved me a lot with bulletproof, and no need for starter, liligant is the most op thing with quiver sleep and own tempo petal dance

to be clear, grass types are not in a desadvantage in the game, if some gym leaders wall them, they have team mates, you need a grass type or an electric type on your team (i prefer grass cause ground/water is a bitch)

You can play the whole game without needing to use a Grass type, but they certainly have moments when they can shine.

As for the Dept. Store, it allows you to get the following mons, since their items cannot be found in the wild: Electivire, Magmortar, Weavile, Gliscor

as well as those you needed to search a bit more to find: Porygon2 and Z, Dusknoir, Gallade, Roserade, Froslass and Honchkrow

As for the Fire types, I believe only Charizard, Blaziken, Infernape, Magmortar, Volcarona, Talonflame and the legendaries are inobtainable.

• Administrators

Hatch level is definetely lvl 1!

On an another note, is there any chance we get pokemon with event moves? Like Sludge Wave Gengar and Sludge Bomb Zoroark?

Yeah, turns out it was a pre-existing error that just happened to pre-exist in a way that would never have been detected in past releases. It's all sorted now though.

Awkward tho

Event moves-- probably not worth considering before 7th gen. After that, if they're also an event Pokemon in-game, then it's possible.

I read that we will be able to get a dratini in EP. 16 but for that we must start a new save.

there is no dratini i really dont know where this is coming from q~q

If you mean when you said we'll find out who the Champion is, I actually didn't know if you were Sirius.

no he's The Cellist, not Sirius. Goodness, so off beat...

ah, but that teaser was certainly valid.

Ame, will we get our long lost Togepi in ep16?

0d0cfa5da74e47c58504200ffd4c8df4.png

And will there be any changes to previous chapters ? like sidequests giving out different pokemon, story, items, mechanics, etc ?

Some changes here and there but nothing major. I don't think it's worth replaying for in itself, but if you want to replay it'll be a pleasant surprise.

50 sidequests.... yeesh. i have so much respect for ame and the rest of the team for that.

uh what no save me

there aren't 50 sidequests i would be dead rn

a chunk of the sidequest bar was 2%-counted ones, but most of it was full sidequest dungeons

--

hi it me a day later than i thought because time is a social construct and rules are just made up

continuing to work on the last side dungeon is slow. im in micropuzzle hell and after spending many time mapping what should have been a very simple puzzle but definitely was not, it out it occurred to me that i dont actually know how to code it in a way that won't make my eyes melt out of my face

so i might just need to go all melty-eyed for a while but we'll see. that could potentially take some time though... and the debugging... yippie-kai-yikes.

on the plus side for you all, i'm now out of bad TMs to give away. oh dear...

my poor planning cost me a couple hours tonight when i had to scan through all of the existing maps looking for a certain set of like 40 new items (not related to the previous set of 40 items i mentioned adding before) that i put throughout the game a while ago aaaaand... forgot where i put them.

i found most of them.

but im still missing a few.

so like

someone make a guide for those or something ;;;;

I'll appreciate it.

but I found enough to suit my purposes for now anyway so it's all gucci

other bad development ideas: not having a full understanding of how an engine mechanic (fly) works but just casually assuming/hoping for four years in planning that it works the way you want it to

fortunately, and to my great surprise, it works exactly the way i wanted it to.

i was worried that the player would only be able to fly back to opal ward after the city's rebuilt (until they re-explored it) but almost everything is set without a hitch.

so that's nice for once.

i think it'll be super cool that you can choose where you fly into or want to re-explore first.

so, where's your first destination going to be?

oh i wouldn't worry if i were you, generation 7 is just around the corner, and it might do you some favors in ep17

in the meanwhile we will fetch what we can in ep16 muahahah

i NEED to know what tanzan dive spot hides with all the meteor bodies, maybe a frilish with her "ghost" water type, I NEED IT

Edited by webobo

and no need for starter, liligant is the most op thing with quiver sleep and own tempo petal dance

Yeah Lilligant is pretty game breaking, no doubt about it. I successfully swept Shade, Kiki, Serra, Noel, Luna, Samson, Terra, and even Ciel with it, the thing is terrifying. Honestly Ciel stood less chance than most thanks to the big top arena breaking Lilligant even harder than it normally is. It completely trivializes any boss battle after Shelly that isn't either an overlevelled pokemon or a double battle. I guess the difference between Lilligant and Gyarados is that people used Gyarados while people don't use Lilligant, hence it remains in the early game.

Well past bloomin' time if you ask me but you already know that. Still, it's good news.

my poor planning cost me a couple hours tonight when i had to scan through all of the existing maps looking for a certain set of like 40 new items (not related to the previous set of 40 items i mentioned adding before) that i put throughout the game a while ago aaaaand... forgot where i put them.

i found most of them.

but im still missing a few.

so like

someone make a guide for those or something ;;;;

I'll appreciate it.

You talkin' about new items that you added a while ago in the E16 development period or new items that you added in previous episodes? Obviously I can't help you with the former, and I still can't help you with the latter because if you think I know anything about where stuff is in this game that I haven't played in who knows how long you're joking.

Maybe Route 1? I spent a whole day there the first time I played through this game because I was recovering from surgery at the time so I couldn't really get out of bed and my first run of Reborn was engaging enough to keep me entertained. I remember the reason I was there for so long was I was looking for Heracross (and it turned out to be in the very last place I looked) but even just riding around on Tauros was something I thought was rad. So yeah, I've got fond memories of Route 1 and I'll probably go back to check out if it's changed.

• Developers

Well it's about time! On the other hand you still have way too many bad mega stones. ;-)

First destination is Tanzan Cove and Peridot to finish that side-quest. Then finally Coral - I want to look if there is a Togepi + you got me hyped for the "underwater ward" or whatever that is.

Hatch level is definetely lvl 1!

Also I have seen some event pokemon getting tutor moves, like Stealth Rock Baltoy and Icy Wind Piplup. Don't know if it is on purpose but it's worth to take a look to the already event mons with special moves.

On an another note, is there any chance we get pokemon with event moves? Like Sludge Wave Gengar and Sludge Bomb Zoroark?

Oh! Oh! That's my department (why didn't I see this comment earlier)!

c1b9319b1714f89a7c4171284bf87346.png

When Zoroark was first implemented and even with the breeding moves added onto Pokemon, Sludge Bomb Zoraork did not exist. The above pic is actually something for Hardcore, but you won't be able to use it through normal Reborn since well, I always make sure you work for the good Pokemon. I don't see Ame giving a level 15 or something Zorua Sludge Bomb because that'd be really OP and I have no intentions on changing most event mons. Sludge Wave Gengar ain't gonna happen unless we get Sludge Bomb before it.

Edit: Just thinking about that made me realize how long ago Episode 15 came out.