[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Developers

I'm bad so there's an imperfection in the gif but I'm pretty sure this is greenlighted so I may as well show it off

https://imgur.com/a/dI9YR

I decided to go really over the top and go full anime with it but man double battles are hard so instead of using the really easy space background i had to make the entire field space to cover up the non-getting-dunked pokemon for it to look not awful

please do not hate me for the imperfection in the oppmove i fixed it already i swear

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

I'm bad so there's an imperfection in the gif but I'm pretty sure this is greenlighted so I may as well show it off

https://imgur.com/a/dI9YR

I decided to go really over the top and go full anime with it but man double battles are hard so instead of using the really easy space background i had to make the entire field space to cover up the non-getting-dunked pokemon for it to look not awful

please do not hate me for the imperfection in the oppmove i fixed it already i swear

Wow that looks amazing far from imperfection. Also I like that your graphic of the orb went in a what seems to be perfect circular motion around the earth.

• Developers

Hey mods, do you actually warn/infract people for posting stuff like this? Because these people need to know.

It's been said a few times over the period of the topic but considering this was a new member something tells me they didn't even read the first page and went directly to the latest page

I agree, seismic toss looks great.

I'd just like to say though, that the Earth picture doesn't seem to have the same artistic style(?) as the rest of the animation (or other battle animations).

I'm not much of an artist, but it just seems out of place to me. Maybe I'm subconsciously comparing it to the one in the anime a bit.

3778bb93545a40c2ad1686402c8ecd61.png

Better than Dat Boi.

petition to change the name of seismic toss to that

not to mention im adding space jam 16 bit into the animation bye cya sorry ame

You should also change the sound effect to Dunkey narrating the move.
Edited by 5hift

What exactly does 16-bit Space Jam sound like anyway?

A quick note on Inuki's animation.

First off, awesome work on the whole thing overall, I like how the length of the animation is smoothly broken up through several stages. However, I feel like the two stages where the target goes up into the sky (atmosphere? space?) and back down again have their respective direction arrows in the wrong direction. It still looks great, but to better emulate the action of the Pokemon moving vertically up and down, the air lines should be going in the opposite direction that the targets are moving. Either way, I'm loving that animation and will have to breed seismic toss onto one of my mains now (oh god the pains of IV breeding), but just wanted to know if that background effect was intended.

• Developers

What exactly does 16-bit Space Jam sound like anyway?

A quick note on Inuki's animation.

First off, awesome work on the whole thing overall, I like how the length of the animation is smoothly broken up through several stages. However, I feel like the two stages where the target goes up into the sky (atmosphere? space?) and back down again have their respective direction arrows in the wrong direction. It still looks great, but to better emulate the action of the Pokemon moving vertically up and down, the air lines should be going in the opposite direction that the targets are moving. Either way, I'm loving that animation and will have to breed seismic toss onto one of my mains now (oh god the pains of IV breeding), but just wanted to know if that background effect was intended.

That's actually a really good point, and I'm gonna make those changes right now, thanks!

• Administrators

i was upset today to discover (through playing Rejuvenation, no less) that a certain graphic I spent a solid couple hours a few weeks ago spriting, actually already existed in Essentials by default. and the one i sprited from scratch, not having even known about the existing one, was almost completely identical

aauuuu.

whatever, mine's still cleaner.

jasper is done.

honestly shouldnt have taken as long as i did but hey who called it

(i called it)

beryl is very larrrrg but hopefully it doesnt stall me for nearly as long.

• Global Mods

i was upset today to discover (through playing Rejuvenation, no less) that a certain graphic I spent a solid couple hours a few weeks ago spriting, actually already existed in Essentials by default. and the one i sprited from scratch, not having even known about the existing one, was almost completely identical

aauuuu.

jasper is done.

(i called it)

hooray that guy can finally stop running into a wall!

Creative! I'm not sure that'll work in the end though. ^ ^

If it doesn't, i'll break out the big guns and Make it 2 Boldores, 2 Gravelers, 1 Golem and 1 Gigalith Send in the Perish Song Trickster Murkrow.

On that note, if you are planning to put in some epic grand finale 1 super-pokemon vs tha squad, do alter its field effect to disable or heavily extend (To 7 turns) the effect of Cheese Song and Scrublord Bond. It would simply be so anticlimactic to allow the climax of the game to be cheesed with a single move.

Edited by colers25

aauuuu.

jasper is done.

(i called it)

The two places I'm definitely the most excited to see the difference in! Lonesome Beryl looking more clean and sounding more upbeat is a strange thought.

If it doesn't, i'll break out the big guns and Make it 2 Boldores, 2 Gravelers, 1 Golem and 1 Gigalith Send in the Perish Song Trickster Murkrow.

On that note, if you are planning to put in some epic grand finale 1 super-pokemon vs tha squad, do alter its field effect to disable or heavily extend (To 7 turns) the effect of Cheese Song and Scrublord Bond. It would simply be so anticlimactic to allow the climax of the game to be cheesed with a single move.

Meh, you might as well nullify toxic, poison fang, leech seed, swagger, endeavor, horn drill,curse, entrainment,... . The list of ways you can cheese stuff is waay too long to handle.

Edited by FairFamily

• Developers

I wouldn't count on that. Even it they got implemented in Essentials (which seems unlikely considering that tripple battles are still not there) it would be a pain to upgrade Reborn to new Essentials at this point.

I wouldn't count on that. Even it they got implemented in Essentials (which seems unlikely considering that tripple battles are still not there) it would be a pain to upgrade Reborn to new Essentials at this point.

At least we can hope for Pokemon Showdown to implement the Battle Royal mode,if possible (you never know).

So I was thinking about how Meowstic works in Reborn right now. The males and females have different stats and move pools, but how exactly does that work in terms of RPG maker? I'm curious if the same mechanics will eventually be used for the Alola forms in whatever episode they are introduced.

They actually have the same stats

They're registered as different forms of the same Pokemon, same as Castform, Mega Evolutions, and Rotom (etc)

Alola Forms being a gen 7 thing won't be around until somewhere in postgame

I still hope that some leaders get an update with Gen 7, for example Oricorio for Julia or Alolan Ninetales for Serra. Well we'll see that later though. Also, 78%! Yeah 2% more for field effect reveal ^^