[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Global Mods

You're getting your games mixed up bro, Reborn only has the classic 4. As for who they are, the only ones confirmed in the game right now are Heather and El. Laura WAS a member, but he got booted out ( most likely because El pulled some shady shit to get Bennett in ). As for who the E4 could be WHEN WE FIGHT THEM, my money is on Laura, Bennett, Heather, Arclight, in that order with Anna as the Champion. Other possible ( though in my opinion unlikely ) candidates include Lin, El, and Fern.

I pretty much agree with what he said. I think Laura will definitely get back in as that has to be what the flower garden field is for right? I think both Bennett and El could go either way by the time we get to fighting them, But I do agree that Laura getting kicked was probably Bennett coming in via El pulling some shady strings. Curios to know why you think Arclight will be one. I know he's the DJ of the super elite club, but I didn't really get any indication of him being something like an Elite Four member. Enlighten me If you know something I don't =).

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder when will Archlight involved in the main plot. Now that we have New Reborn City perhaps he will show up again in a sidequest given Ep.16 has little plot but sidequest or involved in the main plot for future episodes...

Btw, I'm not going to say much else on Gen VII until February since I don't really know if some crazy person/group is going to try and mod Gen VII into Reborn or we're all just going to wait for the final episode. There's just a lot that needs to be sorted out while we wait.

Now for the dreaded Talonflame topic. I think we've already reached that point where adding the non OP to hell mons is kind of okay to do. What I'm talking about is that people really aren't going to want to grind up a brand new mon when their team is already competent to reach the end. As for Talonflame, I feel it should've been added in the wild for Route 3 with Staraptor, but to each their own as it falls from grace compared to other birds in its department. Quite a few Pokemon can be shoved into that categoery so it's not really that extreeme to start breaking them out, but who knows what Episode 16 will bring. I'm kind of predicting we'll be doing a lot of hunting this go around though slashing off everything but the desert mons, the ubers, and the pseudos. The episodes to follow will just make those missable events catchable and only add a few more.

Yeesh, don't remind me about all the hunting we're going to do. I remember exploring the full force of Ametrine Mountain in Episode 15. That place was a hassle sometimes and not realizing how the Dive spots linked up....and also finding the exits underwater. On that subject btw, for Episode 16 if we have any exits underwater like in Ametrine, for the love of god please make them more noticeable. I know where they are NOW but man, I had to squint to find them, especially when you went down to get into them.

Anyways on the subject of hunting, I have to assume Azurine Lake is going to be the main offender. Also putting good money on finally acquiring the Super Rod, so we CAN fish up things like Shellder or Slowpoke. Commander has it right on the grinding part as well: while there are a surprising amount of people who will grind up new Pokemon in each episode(myself amongst them), there's probably a majority who don't do that and have a relatively set but flexible team. As for my predictions of the big additions....Not including the Gen 1 waters(not Magikarp. RIP all your Gyarados dreams). If we get a new trio of starter events, money is on Charmander/Mudkip/Treecko. Charizard is pretty balanced at this point, being just a good solid attacker with some noticeable drawbacks, Mudkip got axed for Squirtle last episode, but I think at this point there's not much downside to reintroducing it to the ecosystem, and I'm still not sure why Treecko hasn't been added. Sceptile is kind of an odd case where it REALLY needs a Life Orb or choice item to be effective...at least in my opinion. Some other things we might get are Skarmory(AFTER Adrien, if xe are indeed the Gym Battle for this episode), the other Bug you didn't choose in the Heracross/Pinsir event, and maybe one of the pseudos we haven't gotten yet, likely the Goomy line given that its arguably the weakest of the remaining pseudos. If we do indeed fight Adrien this Episode, I can definitely see us getting 1 or 2 of the more dangerous Steel types in the aforementioned Skarmory, Ferrothorn, or Klefki. Probably no Scyther though, RIP my Scizor dreams.

As for a small prediction on the events to get some of these? Hard money on if Klefki is an event, Adrien is at the center of it, and probably some sort of cleaning at Azurine Island for Goomy. Definitely excited for whatever comes in Episode 16. Speculation can only go so far!

Anyone noticed the progress bar go up from 71% to 73%?

We're making progress, people! :D

Yeah but she hasn't worked on the story at all yet, which i bet is going to take the longest to complete

Well lets hope for all our sakes you're right. I'm so excited for this update because it'll finally give me something to do. After beating E15 I've been feeling empty inside.

• Global Mods

Well lets hope for all our sakes you're right. I'm so excited for this update because it'll finally give me something to do. After beating E15 I've been feeling empty inside.

you and me both XD

• Administrators

Do we have sprites for the mons? No

Do we have stats, movepool, and evolutions? No

Do we even know all the Pokemon coming out yet? No

Has essentials made an update including these new mons? No

I could really care less about Essentials at this point tbh. We stopped updating to its newer versions because any time we did literally everything broke (AI, anyone?!?!).

But yeah sprites are by far the biggest hurdle.

there are too many pokemon anyway. And with 100+ pokemon being created in every generation, implementing them all in one game can lead to suffocating results.

Didn't Gen VI only have like 60 new species?

plus megas but grrr.

Anyway I'm not terribly worried about suffocating. Reborn is big enough, and in the past couple episodes I've really had to stretch for new species to include in each location. I will appreciate the reinforcements actually, to help me diversify stuff.

Also, I do consider it an all-or-nothing deal for implementing the Pokemon, not making them available. It's largely for organization, indexing and clarity, also for completeness and not driving me insane. Well, more.

But yeah honestly don't count on Gen VII anything until the last episode.

Everybody is talking about getting new Pokemon and I'm sitting here, hoping Ame or perhaps Mde will show us another of those awesome new attacking animations ;)

I'll see what I can do for you later tonight.

On that subject btw, for Episode 16 if we have any exits underwater like in Ametrine, for the love of god please make them more noticeable. I know where they are NOW but man, I had to squint to find them, especially when you went down to get into them.

Good. I wanted you to.

Admittedly I would be concerned about color blind players having trouble seeing them... but for everyone else, you can keep your eyes peeled.

(or as much as eyes can be peeled underwater)

Yeah but she hasn't worked on the story at all yet, which i bet is going to take the longest to complete

Yeah, Ikaru's on the money. Story is the home stretch. It can take a bit longer if there's multiple branches, (sighs about it) but it's otherwise usually pretty quick.

Sidequests, however.

And eventing for this one-- but not most episodes.

Speaking of eventing, I finished central/south Obsidia earlier. It would have been quicker except, speaking of sidequests, because I hate myself and love you all, I decided to add some purchasable upgrades to certain parts of the city that wouldn't otherwise change. Some or all of these may not be available until future episodes, but I'll be content to have them done ahead of time. That did take me back to mapping for a bit though.

You can hang onto this in the mean time.

8bbab5729cc94d23bcbe35360fc0d98f.png

But yeah sprites are by far the biggest hurdle.

Didn't Gen VI only have like 60 new species?

plus megas but grrr.

I can help with sprites, just say the word

There were 69 (kappa) plus 30 50 Megas.

Promised animation from earlier.

Confusion here comes from Smeargle

Lp5AJ8u.gif

Looks really cool, I actually prefer this version over the Gen III animation.

Confusion_III.png

A lot less hard on the eyes.

Edited by 5hift

• Global Mods

Hey, will the city having its big revamp mean some of the old mini events in the city will become unavailable because they wouldn't make much sense anymore? I guess if they do you can negate the problem by adding those Pokemon into new, later areas too so people don't get "locked out" of getting them.

I don't mean to pry but will the Fly mechanic work properly in the next episode?

So far its pretty wonky as it only works in specific areas in Reborn City that are either inaccurate or completely inaccessible.

I don't mean to pry but will the Fly mechanic work properly in the next episode?

So far its pretty wonky as it only works in specific areas in Reborn City that are either inaccurate or completely inaccessible.

I think so, considering that the player character needs to fly to Reborn City in the next episode. I think that Ame mentioned somewhere that it wasn't supposed to work on EP15.